Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this patch might have killed my Half Back formation. Centrebacks still sitting very wide, but the Half Back doesn't seem to sit in any more. :(

There have been no changes to influence the movement of a Half Back, or of the DCs either side of him.

Give it more time to see if you still have this impression after a few more matches.

It may be annoying (might even be bug worthy, I don't know), but I'm pretty sure you can negotiate up to a realistic value even though the AI starts with a low-ball offer. Have you tried negotiating with them on 14.2?

I've tried, but it's still the same scenario as before. For example I have Carvajal worth 25m with first team role and I had no intention of selling, but just for the sake of testing it I negotiated Juventus' £10m bid.

That bid is obviously horrible and even worse than that 8 of it was in monthly installments, but anyway I negotiated 18 and they instantly withdrew even though 18 would still be a very unacceptable offer imo. The only way to get a fair price is to offer to clubs for the price you want unfortunately.

You point, rather rudely stated was "doesn't anyone read " (a post of a bug forum)

As mentioned, people have not switched tactics and now find themselves mid season with an unfamiliar, UNSWITCHED tactic....

You don't work for SI, don't appear to be a mod, this is a feed back thread, I fail to see what your post offers,

The point still stands, UNCHANGED tactics have changed, linking to a post about SWITCHED Tactics is unhelpful.

he actually makes the point that people are asking the same question which numerous poeple have responded to / pointed people to the SI statement.

He doesn't have to be a MOD to say an answer has already been posted. He probably shares the same frustration many people do when they see the same question asked 5 times in the space of 1.5 pages with an answer also posted about 4 or 5 times witin 1.5 pages

mhm, maybe another one for the bugs forum, but transfer logic is still... well not so logical.

Just had Özil unhappy, wanting to leave for continental football. Bid for him (As Bayern). He ended up accepting a contract for 750k more a year with Man City... (I already bid 10 Mill).

Illogical since obviously Manchester is still not on the continent. Also illogical that, with all the player interaction stuff etc, a player would not get back to his preferred club (the one not on an isalnd) and ask for a little more money to sweeten the deal.

Other than that, not played that much on this patch yet, but looks like I'm in for another tactics tweak :(.

Yes unbeaten in 22 with psv getting 60% possession and then next two matches are losses with only 40% psossesion. One loss was a hammering.

How sure are you this is because of the tactic familiarity dropping? There are a lot of changes in the ME. It could be that the ME is defensively better? Maybe you exploited (for a lack of a better word) a defensively weak area of the ME and that's why you did well?

There have been no changes to influence the movement of a Half Back, or of the DCs either side of him.

Give it more time to see if you still have this impression after a few more matches.

Hmm, strange. He does seem to be sitting a lot higher when we have the ball in the opposition half than before.

How sure are you this is because of the tactic familiarity dropping? There are a lot of changes in the ME. It could be that the ME is defensively better? Maybe you exploited (for a lack of a better word) a defensively weak area of the ME and that's why you did well?

Pretty sure its the pressing. My players are now pressing in wrong areas or not pressing at all thanks to my closing down going down to 0%! Got hammered 3-0 by a very poor Zwolle team first game after update.

mhm, maybe another one for the bugs forum, but transfer logic is still... well not so logical.

Just had Özil unhappy, wanting to leave for continental football. Bid for him (As Bayern). He ended up accepting a contract for 750k more a year with Man City... (I already bid 10 Mill).

Illogical since obviously Manchester is still not on the continent. Also illogical that, with all the player interaction stuff etc, a player would not get back to his preferred club (the one not on an isalnd) and ask for a little more money to sweeten the deal.

Other than that, not played that much on this patch yet, but looks like I'm in for another tactics tweak :(.

I think you have the wrong interpretation of 'continental football' there - he means he wants to play for a team which is playing in the Champions League (ie the continental competition), not for a team that is on mainland (continental) Europe. So chances are it was purely the extra money that City offered (or better team status or.......)

he actually makes the point that people are asking the same question which numerous poeple have responded to / pointed people to the SI statement.

He doesn't have to be a MOD to say an answer has already been posted. He probably shares the same frustration many people do when they see the same question asked 5 times in the space of 1.5 pages with an answer also posted about 4 or 5 times witin 1.5 pages

Its a feedback thread, are you suggesting only one person can raise a point, and only once?

As a feedback thread I expect SI to do little more than skim read the replies, many of which will be repetitive, I expect no response other than a hope/expectation that some-one may take note, for non SI employees to dictate what, what and how much feedback is posted seems rather arrogant, and just clogs up the thread.

Let people post feedback, if SI or mods want to reply, then let them, if not fine, Herringbone answered my point, in that the tactic familiarity affects both sides the same,

I'm happy with that response, yours add rather little, but each to their own, seasons greetings and all that :)

It broke my player profile panel. This has now become this. :( None of the dropdown menus on the blank containers work either.

I tried reloading the skin and clearing the cache. It's a custom panel which worked perfectly on 14.1. I don't use a custom skin, just a custom panel, not sure if this is a bug?

Just a few points I have noticed in the limited time I have played the game so far after updating.

- In my first two matches, 3 of the 5 goals have been own goals. This may be a statistical fluke, but I put it out there just in case others notice something similar.

- Player chats have slowed down a lot. Takes a second or so to process each click and load the new set of responses.

- I had a game where I did not hit the post =D!

- The new font for player names in match is lovely.

- I won't bother dwelling on the change in tactical familiarity, but I observe this without changing tactic.

- A few bizarre bits of goalkeeping I have seen so far, but again after 2 games this may be a statistical fluke.

- Wingers do not pass the ball out of play looking for a corner off the legs of a defender!!!! I am so glad about this, it was a minor yet annoying bug.

That is about all I have had time to notice so far. In general the game play seems nice. Thank you for the update =D.

strikers still hardly scoring (especially ccc) and barely scrapping a 7 and wingers/inside forwards still as ineffective... are you sure you patched this game SI?

also, has the much favoured 4-2-3-1 tactic (IRL & on FM) become a viable option now, or is it still a massive let down? people are resorting to playing with no strikers if you check out the tactics section...

• SI Staff
I had 3 crash dumps in a row trying to make a substitute in 65 min.I have already tried to change the skin to default but the sam thing appeared.

Do you have a saved game from before the match you could upload, could you report the crash in these forums please http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/360-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues and/or http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/365-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Cheers

Its a feedback thread, are you suggesting only one person can raise a point, and only once?

As a feedback thread I expect SI to do little more than skim read the replies, many of which will be repetitive, I expect no response other than a hope/expectation that some-one may take note, for non SI employees to dictate what, what and how much feedback is posted seems rather arrogant, and just clogs up the thread.

Let people post feedback, if SI or mods want to reply, then let them, if not fine, Herringbone answered my point, in that the tactic familiarity affects both sides the same,

I'm happy with that response, yours add rather little, but each to their own, seasons greetings and all that :)

I don't think it's a problem for more than one person to raise an issue. If anything, it shows that it's a common problem so it may be in more in need of a fix (or hot fix) than a very rare bug. What bugged me (and I apologise) is that SI posted on the issue already on page 1 and I asked a poster if he missed the reply at the top of page 2. Still more people complained even though an answer was given.

I took from it that there was a bug with the tactic familiarity calculations. People placed too much importance on the word 'switching' tactics. The problem is that the bug was there and it's now fixed, whether you switch tactics r not. My assumption is that even if you don't switch tactics, but you do check familiarity levels, that calculation "updates" or whatever to show you all the bars and you get a drop.

• Administrators
I had 3 crash dumps in a row trying to make a substitute in 65 min.I have already tried to change the skin to default but the sam thing appeared.

Could anyone tell me if he had the same problem,or where can i post it?

Please post any technical issues here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/360-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

Would be useful if you can upload any crash dump to our FTP so we can take a look.

Why does the game take so long to load?

I refer to the actual loading screen as once I'm past that to the main home screen, clicking on my save game and that loading is very quick but clicking on the game icon on my desk top and getting to the home screen takes forever.

Never had any version of the game behave in this manner and my PC is very high spec, so cannot see this being my PC issue?

Anyone else experience this?

Is there any solution?

Not bad...not bad at all ....first game completed on new patch I hammered the team 4-0....my lone striker nailed 3 goals all on clean through balls from the opponent over committing in attack....fun game and no issues in game #1 post patch to report.

I don't know if this is the right place to post about this, but does it not bother anyone else how underrated Luis Suarez is on this game? And before people say I'm only going off his recent form, I was actually saying this when the beta first came out, because even then he seemed unbelievably underrated based on his form last year.

With each update the first thing I check is to see whether he has been improved. I'm not trying to make out that he's poor by any means, but in real life he's getting close to Ronaldo/Messi calibre, but this certainly isn't reflected in his stats/rating on FM. It just makes playing as Liverpool a lot less fun than it should be.

Have you tried clearing your cache?

Always a good idea to do this when an update is released.

EDIT - http://www.footballmanager.com/faq/?game=38&id=217

Done but hasn't changed anything. The bar in which the stars ratings are displayed and explained on every player report is transparent on mine. The text below is not readible :(

Strangely enough my computer only takes a creenie of the desktop or any other app when using the printscreen button, but not of FM...

Please read the post that HUNT3R quoted!

Quote Originally Posted by Riz Remes View Post

Like I posted in the bug thread, we fixed some issues with how the different tactical settings are tracked in the tactical training. Naturally this means that in old saves where the tactical settings were differentiated a bit differently, the familiarity can take an initial dip WHEN YOU SWITCH TACTICS AROUND AFTER THE UPDATE.

This will not affect new games and in old saves the familiarity will be regained over time again.

EDIT - another quote:

Capitalized the part which makes the former explanation moot for everyone seeing the dip WITHOUT touching anything.

So a dip can happen also when nothing is touched?

Very limited time with the update so far but I love that the height of the ball is now much better represented in the 2D classic view. Looks so much more realistic now.
I think it looks much worse now, each ball looks like it's on it's way straight into the sky.

Who'd be a programmer, eh?

That old adage is correct, you simply cannot please all of the people all of the time.

Suarez - This will be a potential data issue so you'll need to raise in the data forum for the Liverpool researcher to look at. However it may be that the FM Liverpool Manager may be using tactics / formation that doesn't allow Suarez to fully utilise his skills. Also since your FM game will deviate from real life could be down to Suarez morale, form etc?

Capitalized the part which makes the former explanation moot for everyone seeing the dip WITHOUT touching anything.

So a dip can happen also when nothing is touched?

See my post above

"I took from it that there was a bug with the tactic familiarity calculations. People placed too much importance on the word 'switching' tactics. The problem is that the bug was there and it's now fixed, whether you switch tactics or not. My assumption is that even if you don't switch tactics, but you do check familiarity levels, that calculation "updates" or whatever to show you all the bars and you get a drop."

You mean click the lock button to advise the agent this element isn't negotiable? If so then no, you can still do this in 14.2

I believe I'm having the same issue as JensenS. When dealing with transfer offers, either trying to buy players myself or other teams trying to buy my players, I can't make the whole transfer offer non-negotiable. Each element can be made non-negotiable separately, but not the total offer. Hopefully this isn't an intended change since it's very annoying.

Contract dealings work as normal for me, though.

I think you have the wrong interpretation of 'continental football' there - he means he wants to play for a team which is playing in the Champions League (ie the continental competition), not for a team that is on mainland (continental) Europe. So chances are it was purely the extra money that City offered (or better team status or.......)

Thanks for that. anyway, Arsenal is playing EURO Cup so that's probably it. Not really complaining about the transfer. I already have one world class attacking mid too many if anything.

I'd still appreciate more feedback/renegotiation in contract areas. i.e. "your offer has be x for me to reconsider choosing you instead of the competition."

• Administrators
Just came on with the same issue, playing in windowed mode and full zoom. Player attributes no longer fit without a scroll bar.

Shouldn't be happening but will likely need more info, please post there and I'll be able to help. Thanks.

All in all, a good update. I've only had one issue that was odd. I clicked on a player to check on some stats on him and when I was finished, I couldn't get his info to go away until I clicked the "continue" button. But have played 4 games and everything seemed to flow as it should. I haven't had any events that wouldn't have happened in a real game.

So, and the Cajun would say, this patch seems to be mo'bettergooder.

One thing I've noticed on the UI front. You know the little icons you can add to top bar so you can quickly select tactics, training, etc? The little calendar fixtures icon isn't working. May be a skin issue with the update, as it seems to work on FMC ok.

Was just about to post in the bugs forum about a possible tactics familiarity bug, then noticed that an update had been released - is this, by chance, why tactic familiarity in all three of my tactics, currently top of Championship in early December on a five game running streak, have suddenly dipped in marking and passing style have pretty much halved whilst closing down is now at its lowest possible point? Struggled to draws in last three games, passes going all over the place... thought things looked strange so checked out my usually reliable tactics and only then noticed this dip...

Pretty sure the ball's being lofted a lot more too... long throws, corners and even simple passes seem to be rocketing into the air...

Archived