[FM14] [RELEASED] Steklo X4

TomDixon77

Tom, could you please tell me if your plan is still to release a version/update at some point with the @x2 images? And if yes, when can I expect it (don't mean to rush you or anything, btw)? I know you have to work on the sidebar version and people would also like FMC version (so would I).

Thanks

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By the looks of it, you have to uninstall, then re-install the skin (which is a bit rubbish, what's the point of a subscription if it doesn't auto update?) You'll know it's worked if the skin version says v1.02 in the preferences

Mine auto-updated just fine. Might have to do a fresh steam restart though (I had a steam restart this morning). Happens with a few steam-installed programs.

I really like the the look of this skin apart from the 3D matchday screen which is awful. There's too much intrusion,the commentary and match progress bars are too wide and the info bar at the top doesn't auto-hide !
I agree bartdude...I asked tome if he could do a update were the match header auto hides but he said he would have to re do it...That's the only problem with this years skin Tom the 3D match screen looks awful

I wanted to make a header that didn't just look like a graphics change of either the standard or FMC skin (Steklo X3 was far too pedestrian a layout for my liking) unfortunately, this is the trade off.

The autohiding action bar pretty much forces you to lay the header out in the same way as the standard skin. It's one of the more annoying things that has been creeping into FM since FM10, the lack of flexibility for skinners.

is there normal classic link for skin update?

I've updated the susie page, if that's what you mean (it took me a few minutes to decipher that)

Sorry mate. Already progressed and sold the player

Having issues with a crash dump after re-signing a player then hitting the end talks button. Anyone else had that?

I had one crash dump during a conversation, but none since, so it's my favourite sort of error, a random one. Yay!

just saw that the approach to sign button isn't showing up for me(usually when a player is free/youth contract etc this shows up), I changed skin and its there on all other skins I tested

I have the same issue with this skin.

Also, when in newsfeed comes the "why i am receiving this" on messages, the buttons relating to unsubscribing are not visible.

Hi Tom is this just a random bug...or are you aware of it, for you info I have tried this skin in the various zoom options to see if its that and still no approach to sign option, I hope you can resolve your skin is the best but cant use it at this stage as I am missing out on signing players for free etc and my budget is pretty tight :D

You can still right click on the name of the player to do it, can't you ?
yes that is there but letting Tom know as this isn't happening with other skins and it is better to see the approach to sign when you view a player in his profile....as I don't always remember the right click option:D and I have missed some great youth players by forgetting to do this:o

i've got a background stadium pack but the pics only appear on home games of the team i'm managing but not the away sides

Do you mean the stadium of the home side doesn't show up when you're the away team? It'll be a problem with the config of the background pack, if it was a skin problem none of them would work.

yeah, that's what i meant. i'm ipswich and portman road turns out fine but went to reading and no stadium appeared. I'm sure the config files are fine

my config is this for the EPL

<record>

<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- don't preload anything in this folder -->

<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->

<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- picture mappings -->

<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions

in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any

place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics

files from the correct places

-->

<list id="maps">

<record from="602" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/5114336/background"/>

<record from="603" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/603/background"/>

<record from="625" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/5005130/background"/>

<record from="630" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/630/background"/>

<record from="642" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/642/background"/>

<record from="650" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/650/background"/>

<record from="654" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/654/background"/>

<record from="665" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/5105217/background"/>

<record from="676" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/676/background"/>

<record from="679" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/5114325/background"/>

<record from="680" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/680/background"/>

<record from="688" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/688/background"/>

<record from="691" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/691/background"/>

<record from="713" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/5102453/background"/>

<record from="721" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/100076/background"/>

<record from="722" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/722/background"/>

<record from="724" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/4000723/background"/>

<record from="728" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/728/background"/>

<record from="734" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/734/background"/>

<record from="735" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/735/background"/>

<record from="602" to="graphics/pictures/team/602/background"/>

<record from="603" to="graphics/pictures/team/603/background"/>

<record from="625" to="graphics/pictures/team/625/background"/>

<record from="630" to="graphics/pictures/team/630/background"/>

<record from="642" to="graphics/pictures/team/642/background"/>

<record from="650" to="graphics/pictures/team/650/background"/>

<record from="654" to="graphics/pictures/team/654/background"/>

<record from="665" to="graphics/pictures/team/665/background"/>

<record from="676" to="graphics/pictures/team/676/background"/>

<record from="679" to="graphics/pictures/team/679/background"/>

<record from="680" to="graphics/pictures/team/680/background"/>

<record from="688" to="graphics/pictures/team/688/background"/>

<record from="691" to="graphics/pictures/team/691/background"/>

<record from="713" to="graphics/pictures/team/713/background"/>

<record from="721" to="graphics/pictures/team/721/background"/>

<record from="722" to="graphics/pictures/team/722/background"/>

<record from="724" to="graphics/pictures/team/724/background"/>

<record from="728" to="graphics/pictures/team/728/background"/>

<record from="734" to="graphics/pictures/team/734/background"/>

<record from="735" to="graphics/pictures/team/735/background"/>

</list>

</record>

is there an issue?

Just a simple question if I may. How can I make the overlay darker on this screen

CbnJiaI.jpg

I've changed the background so it's a bit brighter and it works fine on every other screen, but the overlay on that page as you can see makes some text hard to read. How do I change it to be similar to the panel on the right?

jhAMBjG.pngppqN8VC.png

A couple of screenshots of the new header. I haven't entirely decided where to put the club logo, so that might change. I've got to redo the quickflicks and tab graphics, and sort out the text colours on the action bar.

That still looks nice. I'd say put the club logo before the team name, but not as background. Can you color the "more actions" button as the team's main color like in the original header?

Hi Tom

Finally I can play FM2014 with a decent skin :D

I have to thank you for your great work for so many years. I only use you skin, and can only play FM with it :)

Still, I have some suggestions comparing to the FM2013 version.

I see you have already changed the club header, anyway I think the background color is to dark. A white turns to gray and don't represent realisticaly the teams colours :)

x1c1fl.png

In 2013 weas easy to see how good a player was playing in that position, but now the line you use to "give" that information is to thin, can you do a more "strong" stroke line, like the one I have changed in the yellow box?

dgqotz.png

Other great feature you had in previews version was that 2 menus (inside yellow box) and that are not present in 2014 version. It used to be great and very helpfull with lots of great information about our club. Above we can see wich team we will play and how many days until it, instead of always going to fixtures page.

2wn2pgn.png

wsa98z.png

Finally, I can't find the "talk to player" button when i Right click in a player. I have to enter the player's page.

2vsfd7b.png

Hope you don't get mad with me about this suggestions, I tried to help to creat a even more perfect skin, you are free to not use them ;)

Keep up your absolutly great work!

Hi Tom

Finally I can play FM2014 with a decent skin :D

I have to thank you for your great work for so many years. I only use you skin, and can only play FM with it :)

Still, I have some suggestions comparing to the FM2013 version.

I see you have already changed the club header, anyway I think the background color is to dark. A white turns to gray and don't represent realisticaly the teams colours :)

http://i60.tinypic.com/x1c1fl.png[MG]

In 2013 weas easy to see how good a player was playing in that position, but now the line you use to "give" that information is to thin, can you do a more "strong" stroke line, like the one I have changed in the yellow box?

http://i61.tinypic.com/dgqotz.png[/MG]

Other great feature you had in previews version was that 2 menus (inside yellow box) and that are not present in 2014 version. It used to be great and very helpfull with lots of great information about our club. Above we can see wich team we will play and how many days until it, instead of always going to fixtures page.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2wn2pgn.png[/MG]

http://i61.tinypic.com/wsa98z.png[M]

Finally, I can't find the "talk to player" button when i Right click in a player. I have to enter the player's page.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2vsfd7b.png[/

Hope you don't get mad with me about this suggestions, I tried to help to creat a even more perfect skin, you are free to not use them ;)

Keep up your absolutly great work!

I agree with your sugestions except the bar about how good a player can play in that position. I think is good in that way. About the rest, I agree with you 100%. The normal header is better.

hey man!

Just love this skin! I've used Steklo skin since..yeah well...always?

with this version i have ooone little wish tho =)

i would love it if when you rightclick on a player name, you know to get the little meny..i would love if there was the option of "private conversation"...not the "talk about"... but the option where i go directly into "private conversation" to have a talk with him about the last game, or on form and that stuff...

i would LOOVE to have that option. If you dont want to add it, is there anyone who is able to point me in the right direction och creating this myself?

EDIT: I AM SUUUUCH A ******! - im so sorry man! i actually never looked at where you end up when you press the "talk about -> praise player -> Form/Lat Match"... and as i see now you end up JUUUST were i wanted to end up!

LOOOOL

I love this skin but I am having a few problems with some images.

Firstly there is no picture of my players when I talk to the privately or in a team meeting -

Untitled_zps4ccc26e2.jpg

and secondly in the original skin there is a part on the right of this picture which explains why I am seeing the news, ie. I am subscribed to the player etc.

Untitled1_zps0214ab60.jpg

in the Steklo skin it is blank -

Untitled2_zps8a6eaa86.jpg

any help on this is much appreciated

regards

andy

Hello mate,

Thank you very much for your skin. It's brilliant!!! However I have one small issue in the Player Personal Details Panel, as you can see in the picture, I have all those boxes on the right of the image and I can't used them, I cannot put any information, they are somehow INACTIVE.

Could you please help me?

personal_details.jpg

thanks!

IGNORE my post. It was from other panels folder that I've installed.

Thanks!

Archived