Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

Because of the wild exaggerations and extreme gnashing of teeth displayed on this very forum.

SI should know by this time that no matter what they do with the Match Engine, there will always be people moaning like crazy whenever they lose games.

Although little of the changes have affected any of my saves, it's apparent that the update before the one last night in particular was a case of tweaking too much based on the feedback from on here.

Personally, I would have preferred a small update to the original engine which would have ironed out the small amount of glitches present in the game at that time. Sometimes I think people look for errors in the ME rather than actually try and enjoy the game. How much time did the guy above take to get all those screenshots onto this thread for example? And for what? Static screenshots of the match action are utterly useless.

Anyway, my tuppence on the latest update. Nice to see more long shots and free kicks going in. I'm also liking the bigger variety of goals. One of the few criticisms I had with the original ME is that too many goals were very similar, ie through balls to the striker. But now we've got long shots, free kicks, scrambled goals, headers, deflections, and goals from bad defensive/keeper errors nicely spread around. I still hear the argument about full backs not tackling, but again, unless you watch the full match, you won't get an accurate reflection of this. Watching a highlight - by very definition - will result in a chance, which more often than not will show forward players getting the better of defenders. Watching a match on comprehensive shows many great tackles by full backs.

Overall, it just keeps getting better. This ME was miles ahead of the FM12 one to begin with, and but for a few minor blips on some updates, is improving all the time.

To be fair, he has provided very good feedback. The pictures show an issue and he has a right to bring this up.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair, he has provided very good feedback. The pictures show an issue and he has a right to bring this up.

The only issue the pictures show up is when he posted them again and it was different players in the same positions. The first time they were posted, they showed nothing that could be definitively classed as any sort of error. You would need a video recording for that.

The only issue the pictures show up is when he posted them again and it was different players in the same positions. The first time they were posted, they showed nothing that could be definitively classed as any sort of error. You would need a video recording for that.

They showed a player heading a ball in completely the wrong direction, with his body in a way that he only could have deliberately done it.

They showed a player heading a ball in completely the wrong direction, with his body in a way that he only could have deliberately done it.

Without video evidence, you can't be completely sure what happened. From those stills, looks like the player has gone for the header, and just not connected with it properly, and it's gone wide. It could be as the poster described. But the point I'm making is that still shots don't prove anything conclusive (for that type of incident anyway).

first of all, i want to deeply thank the team that stayed working through the holidays to give us this patch.

but, i'm sorry, this just doesn't cut it. i experience all the problems the users are reporting here, most annoying ones are the lack of "creativity" in my midfield, my useless full backs and AI's super dribblers. i hosted chelsea with my newly promoted nott forest and my GK was MoM with 9.3 stopping all those maradona/owen runs from hazard and ben arfa from their own half! i only lost 2-1. i play a very simple 442, inspired by wwfan's thread "keep it simple", and the tactic did well on every patch so far. since yesterday, i dropped from 6th to 11th with 1 win in 7 games (6 defeats) and my team plays horribly, it's like day and night after the patch and i didn't change a thing.

we, players, shouldn't have to spend THIS MUCH time in the forums looking for advice / answers. i seem to spend more time here than actually playing. this wasn't the case in CM3, CM4, etc., and those games weren't that easy as some people want you to believe. but they were finished products that were patched rarely! and that's a key point SI, we are costumers, not beta testers! and there's no arguing about that, if you want our money you must sell us a finished game. maybe i'm being harsh as we're talking about "only" the ME but i think you get the point, it's a huge part of the game.

funny thing too was, yesterday i had my family over for xmas eve and my nephew brought his laptop to play FM 12! i didn't play last years version as i was sent abroad by my company to work on some demanding things so had no time for games. i was amazed at that ME! it looked smooth, solid, real and yet simple! my nephew is one of those crazy (:p) players that watch the full match (i only watch extended) and it was no trouble at all for me to just sit there and watch those 22 players play football for a long time! it didn't seem broken, why did you try to "fix" it?

again, my deepest thanks for the timing of this patch and to the people who stayed working during the holidays. but you have to step it up SI!

merry xmas everyone!

Completely spot on.

A while ago I voiced concerns over my fear that this game would receive many a patch without real improvements, one step forwards, one step back. This patch came out too quickly and seemed completely untested. I appreciate the work going into the game, but this should have been sorted out before release, and not months afterwards, after all we are paying customers, not beta testers. Before people say this is not constructive, please understand that this is meant so that SI don't repeat this mistake and release an unfinished game.

For clarification, as I've seen a few people mention this, not being able to win is not​ a bug.

Technically you are right its not a bug, but poor game design... if there is no logic to why it is happening. It is odd when you have to change your tactics to be accommodative to every new ME change, it not like the logic of a tactic or the validity of the tactical principle has changed. It seems sometimes you have to do very extreme tactical shifts to keep your team doing well through the ME changes, so it becomes more a principle of "finding Me blind-spots", than setting up a good tactic that would work well and logically given strengths of the players in your squad.

Technically you are right its not a bug, but poor game design... if there is no logic to why it is happening. It is odd when you have to change your tactics to be accommodative to every new ME change, it not like to logic of a tactic or the validity of the tactical principle has changed. It seems sometimes you have to do very extreme tactical shifts to keep your team doing well through the ME changes, so it becomes more a principle of "finding Me blind-spots", than setting up a good tactic that would work well and logically given strengths of the players in your squad.

You don't have to change your tactics for every ME. Plenty of people don't.

I've only had to do it after the first update, although on reflection, the tactic I had was sound enough. I think it was more the roles within the tactic that were letting me down, as I've been doing ok with the same tactic on another save.

Bearing in mind this is a "positive feedback" thread and noting that pretty much all posts are non ragequit rant types, I have read nothing yet to tempt me back away from earlier games. FM13 has felt like a huge Beta testing exercise for FM14 to me. Worst of all the ME shortcoming workarounds sound like ME exploiting which, it has been suggested with some authority elsewhere, is the reason FM12 & all before were "not worthy" whilst FM13 is the present, the future and all we should ever want. Well, sorry, but "no".

"No fun, for me, no fun"

I haven't had the stomach to load it up since the update but if we're still seeing swarms of defenders round the ball irrespective of closing down settings, count me out until the next patch. I spent a day or two trying to make a rigid, positionally strict Sacchi 4-4-2 with West Ham and tried insanely low closing down settings in an attempt to stop my central midfielders chasing everybody all over the pitch, but nothing proved effective. Pretty fundamental error as it gives all of my matches the look of an Under-10's league.

So: are we still swarming or not?

If people just want to hit continue button and let the ME show them the result, then they don't have to change tactics for every ME. But people play FM13 who know the strength and weakness of their squad would try to manage it to get the best result they could. When every ME change shows completely different style of play, it might frustrate those people.

I, for one, play Dortmund from beta with a default 4231. With ME 13.1.x, my team doing really well. When attacking, they are good technical players try to utilize space by good movement and passing. They are not very good at defending and cost us CL games every year. But I lived with that. We have 4 attacking midfielders reached 5-10 goals and 10 assists every season. 2 Strikers who score 30 and 15 goals. To me, my tactics is sound, so does the result.

Since patch 13.2.x, everything changed. Besides set-peace, every goal seems came from a player dribbled over 2-4 defenders. They either shoot themselves to goal or shoot been blocked, teammate scored the rebound. My team no longer play the style I enjoyed with ME13.1.x. Even our win-lose percentage are almost the same before or after ME13.2.

This is first time since FM12, I would like to visit Tactic forum to see how can I get my old Dortmund back with ME13.2.x. I want to change the default "sound" 4231 tactic because the ME is not sound enough to reflect it.

If this were true, SI wouldn't ask wwfan to make posts like this: handling super dribblers which was created to prompt people to specifically change their existing tactics—successful or not—to help deal with the changes to the ME that are unrealistic (super dribblers) and that shouldn't be affecting people in the way that they are.

On an unrelated note, I'm assuming if I were to download the game onto another PC I could try out the new ME before upgrading? I still have 13.1.3 (ME v1318) on my save as I love it. I can deal with the low number of shots, the own goals seem to have levelled out and gone away and the match plays excellently, for me. I just wanted to test my team on the new ME before potentially ruining my current save.

No through balls they say. Oh, here's ANOTHER one from my Bradford save...

[video=youtube;bJkIhXNp2-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJkIhXNp2-Q

Also, in that match, I had 16 goal attempts (normal), 8 on target (normal), and 7/16 were long shots (normal).

Sometimes I think I'm playing a different game from everyone else. :lol:

I'm struggling to see the game as a tactical entity, because it's not. At the moment, I'm simply adopting tactics that work regardless of who the opposition are, rather than adapt to strengths or weaknesses or use shouts etc.

Which is what I thought the new ME was supposed to eradicate.

I'm not a forum troll, I've wrote tactical guides on here as recently as last month in the tactics forum and I have done for years, but I'm not going to disregard glaringly obvious ME errors, especially in a thread called asking to post constructive feedback about the ME! I'd usually be amongst the first to say "look, it's your tactics, you need to go back to basics, learn how different positional roles work, look at your personnel in key positions" etc. but I can't, because the ME is such that it is overriding tactical decision-making to a gamebreaking extent.

I'm very good at this game, but I don't currently recognise it as football management. It's more "find the closest thing to a Diablo tactic you can to negate the ME flaws and then press Continue repeatedly".

The ME before 13.2 was notably better than as it stands; it had flaws but not gamebreaking issues. As I've said above, I've thanked SI for the attempted fix, I appreciate the work, I never expected a full FM gaming experience before March anyway (just from experience of the franchise I know how it works!!!) but if I see problems I'll report 'em.

here here! there is nothing worse than the teachers pet brigade who protect si at all costs and don't listen to any constructive feedback! i am decent at the game, not going to pretend i am a god but i won the league and cl with arsenal with a couple of tactics (home/away and adjust to opposition) but now, after hours of work perfecting it and signing particular players to fit....it suddenly goes down the pan, i can't score and opposition fullbacks are roberto carlos combined with maradonna (especially on the previous patch) now the game doesn't feel right still on this new patch, it seems i can't control games as i used to so i need to be more direct and attacking? but at the same time i'm suffering alot of injuries! i was actually enjoying the game on the previous patch but now i find it frustrating....i am annoyed because si ruined fm12 for me with the second patch and now they have done it again!

Personally I don't see what the patch has changed...

Fundamentally the game has gone from a more balanced and tactical one to one of hit and hope, guts n glory Stoke City style football.

I had a great save game with Newcastle in which we played some decent possession football, but to be honest since the last 2 updates I've just watched players running around trying to be heroes, smashing the ball from distance and more often than not passing the ball back to their keeper, messing it up and making me rage.

Something else I noticed is most of my players are often "Very Nervous", even when top of the league and playing against crap opposition.

Frankly I can barely be arsed playing FM13 now... changing the "reality" of the game mid-season is like changing the actors halfway through a movie. It all feels kind of hollow and ppointless now.

Massive fail from SI if you ask me, the game was fine when it came out.

Really disappointed with this year's version, by trying to go forward from FM12's ME it feels like they've gone back. What's with the ball physics seriously? The ice skating dynamic with ridiculous ball physics at times literally ruins the immersion during a match. Couple that with insane dribbles by average players: as soon as I see a player make fantastic mazy runs I check his stats... to find 12 for dribbling, 10 pace and 10 technique. I pass it off as a one off, only for him to do it again later on in the match... I then think what can I do to counter him? My full-back might be having a bad day - but surely one of the 3-4 of my players SWARMING around him should surely be able to tackle the guy... Which then leads me to consider why they're swarming around him DESPITE my stand-off instructions.

In FM12 you'd have a thought process whereby you react to game-changing situations by using shouts, in FM13 it just feels like there is no logic to my shouts because of all these silly ME animations or calculations.... It saddens me as I was really looking forward to an improved experience.

All I ask for is logical explainations from the game, one way is for it to be more detailed in its commentary so that I can understand why it's coming up with such crazy 3D situations. For me, at the moment, the immersion is gone.

For clarification, as I've seen a few people mention this, not being able to win is not​ a bug.

Stop being childish. People are complaining about how they can't win but they're giving reasons and posting about the issues that there still are in the ME. So let them do it since that's the whole point of the thread.

If this were true, SI wouldn't ask wwfan to make posts like this: handling super dribblers which was created to prompt people to specifically change their existing tactics—successful or not—to help deal with the changes to the ME that are unrealistic (super dribblers) and that shouldn't be affecting people in the way that they are.

On an unrelated note, I'm assuming if I were to download the game onto another PC I could try out the new ME before upgrading? I still have 13.1.3 (ME v1318) on my save as I love it. I can deal with the low number of shots, the own goals seem to have levelled out and gone away and the match plays excellently, for me. I just wanted to test my team on the new ME before potentially ruining my current save.

Did you read the thread? The changes he suggests are quite minor and will work in conjunction with already-solid tactics.

Note: I don't do what wwfan suggests in that thread and have just carried on as normal.

No, I believe if you download to a new PC, it starts with the most recent patch applied.

Stop being childish. People are complaining about how they can't win but they're giving reasons and posting about the issues that there still are in the ME. So let them do it since that's the whole point of the thread.

No, a few people are shouting "I can't win since the patch, fix it". They're not giving reasons at all.

Also, no. This is not a thread for ranting, its a thread for constructive feedback.

For me 13.2.1 is gamebreaker. Shots 15(10 Long shots), opponent 11 (11 Long shots), more of them in situations where player can pass forward easy, even with Decisions 5 and Teamwork 5. Tactics section doesnt work, I set one, players do others - runs, shots, press.

Technically you are right its not a bug, but poor game design... if there is no logic to why it is happening. It is odd when you have to change your tactics to be accommodative to every new ME change, it not like the logic of a tactic or the validity of the tactical principle has changed. It seems sometimes you have to do very extreme tactical shifts to keep your team doing well through the ME changes, so it becomes more a principle of "finding Me blind-spots", than setting up a good tactic that would work well and logically given strengths of the players in your squad.

I've been using a non exploiting, balanced tactic for the first time in a long, long time (10 years?). I've not had to alter it once after any of the FM2013 patches, and I've never had to do any 'extreme tactical shifts to keep my team doing well', and we have been doing very well.

Just saying.

Is it not better for SI to release an FM instalment once every two years? A patch can easily be released at the beginning of a new season to update transfers, managerial changes, etc.

Personally, I think it's almost impossible for SI - or any developer - to successfully develop, deploy and test such complicated software within 12 months. In following the current approach, I can see only two possible outcomes:

1. We get a product which hasn't changed much but is highly stable

2. We get a product with a lot of changes but which has a number of bugs

I don't think either of the two outcomes are desirable to the end consumer.

I also find it hard to believe that SI hasn't formulated some automated testing software for the ME - similar to what the majority of software vendors do to test their GUIs. I'm sure it wouldn't have been difficult to detect issues with the ME when the problems experienced have revolved around excessive numbers of long shots and dribbles per game. Once a problem has been detected, it is a lot simpler to isolate these issues and look at the causes of those issues.

I think we all need to calm down a bit lads. To kind of quote the mod Kriss from previosly in this thread "this is a new ME and obviously the balance will take some time to get right".

For quite a few years people have said the ME needs improving. Yet as soon as SI endeavor to do so they then get blasted and told it is crap. With this being a new ME then lots of problems the testers cant see will become visible when a few hundred thousand people play the game.

Personally I don’t have any issues with the patches. Obviously there are bugs but at the same time any big game has a few bugs. None of the ones so far have been game destroying to me so far.

I don’t think anyone can fault SI for the response they have given to fix some of the issues previously reported. I would like to thank them for a massive effort at an especially busy time of year for most people. I would think most developers/companies would just leave the customers to rot till the holidays were over but SI, as is usually the case, went the extra mile and put in the hard yards to please the unsatisfied customers.

I realise i will most likely get multiple quotes of "fanboy" but as i have been a fan, and a boy, of the series since the late nineties I wear that tag with pride!! I really doubt many other companies would put in the effort they have, especially at this time of year.

First of all Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you

Sorry for my English

With the last patch i saw many things that i can t understund

I manage Barcelona.

First of all the high amount of chances, most of them for long distance, even i choose no long shots for all my players. I Believe that you have to reduce 25% the chances and 60% long shots. Mieldfielders don t try through balls, why? strickers is very difficult to score. With the high amount of chances, most of them is very bad and you see players like messi trying 20 opportunities to score 1 goal, very unrelistic. The full backs often let their positions and closing down opposition players in the centre of mieldfield, then the wingers from the other team is often free. Before the last patch the game was difficult, difficult to win. i like that, i don t want to win every single game like now. you have to make the game more difficult. last, players like casillas or valdes often make mistakes and they give the ball to oposition players in the mieldfield who they score with long range shota, lob. thanks....

Did you read the thread? The changes he suggests are quite minor and will work in conjunction with already-solid tactics.

Note: I don't do what wwfan suggests in that thread and have just carried on as normal.

No, I believe if you download to a new PC, it starts with the most recent patch applied.

Yes I did read the thread. But the fact is he is suggesting changes because the ME has changed the way players behave, which is different to before. You never needed a plan to deal with Bale completing 20+ dribbles before, now you do. Hence my post, you do need to change you tactics. I don't have anything specific to deal with players at the moment, I may try show a faster player onto his weaker foot, or tackle hard. But nothing like marking them with wingers, which in my opinion is bad practice as it can ruin your positioning. Out of interest, the fact you've not adapted suggests you're not playing in a top league against fast super dribblers or you always man mark these types of players?

Second point, thanks. So I should be able to transfer my save game to the other PC, play a few games and see how it goes, then carry on on this PC on the old patch.

The below screenshot is the season I finished BEFORE the current ME patch was released (a few hours before). As you can see, goals have been plentiful! Since the Premier League formed in 1992, only once in 21 seasons has a team scored over 100 goals.

In my season, we have three teams over 100! The average goals per game over the last 21 seasons is 2.63. My season had an average of 3.19, a significant increase.

My Nottm Forest team (who finished 6th) conceded 88 goals!! We did well against the mediocre teams in the division, but were thrashed comprehensively by the big boys.

Im currently in a new season on the new patch. I do expect to do better because I have invested in new players and am a little more tactically knowledgeable now. But we shall see how the season goes and I will post an update when finished for comparison.

5cdssz.png

The high scoring seems to have gone crazy! I have always had some big scoring wins because my team is vastly superior to the rest of the league and most of the time the margins seem justified. I am currently playing against Man City in a second leg in the champions league semi final at home and i am 3-1 down from the first leg. I have played this match 3 times out of interest mainly because on the first i was losing 3-0 after 20 mins and the strategic injury manager (that's when the game seems to go out of it's way to deal injuries against you in the most devastating areas it could possibly pick) had struck twice taking out two of my best players. The third time i tried and hadn't changed anything at all, i didn't get any injuries and won the game 7-0 ( which is somewhat taking the **** you know). In fact i can't remember the last hard fought one goal margin win i have had since the last update.

I'm not sure if is my tactics, my players, the ME, or a combination, but I'm still seeing players running away from the ball, it might be someone make a pass, the player start running backward away from the ball or just when an opponent kicks the ball towards them, and they start running away from the ball or sometimes parallel to its trajectory, have anybody else seen this?

That exactly the same problem I'm going through, its ridiculous. before the 13.2.1 update i admit there were some ridiculous scorelines, for example in five games my team scored a total of 28 goals, but at least those goal where made by through ball rather than long shots and more than half was scored by the magician messi.

now the new update has seriously MESSED up the game. at one time i had 38 shots at goal, messi having 18 shots and only 2 on target. REALLY??!!

i tried tweaking my tactics, sliding down the long shots option and telling all midfielder's to try through more often..still no change.

its almost like they eliminated creativity with the new update...

i hope this problem gets resolved soon, its quite upsetting paying all that cash and not getting your moneys worth.

merry Christmas to you all and a happy new year.

Yes I did read the thread. But the fact is he is suggesting changes because the ME has changed the way players behave, which is different to before. You never needed a plan to deal with Bale completing 20+ dribbles before, now you do. Hence my post, you do need to change you tactics. I don't have anything specific to deal with players at the moment, I may try show a faster player onto his weaker foot, or tackle hard. But nothing like marking them with wingers, which in my opinion is bad practice as it can ruin your positioning. Out of interest, the fact you've not adapted suggests you're not playing in a top league against fast super dribblers or you always man mark these types of players?

Second point, thanks. So I should be able to transfer my save game to the other PC, play a few games and see how it goes, then carry on on this PC on the old patch.

I fail to see why people are shocked that "mark Gareth Bale" is a good idea? Do you think real life managers ignore players like Bale, Hazard, Mata, Silva etc?

Teams often double (and sometimes triple) up against players like that. The only problem with this currently is that players who aren't quite as good as Lionel Messi are still able to play like Lionel Messi, so you need to be a bit more careful than you should have to. It's still only a minor tactical change required, and only against the best players. You're not really going to need to do it unless you're playing teams like Man U, City, Chelsea and Spurs (who are my current bogey team in 2029 as they're a team full of world class dribblers :/ ).

Yes, transferring it like that should work.

I have to admit that i've read through the previous M.E feedback threads and wished that those whinging and criticising would pipe down. I wondered on many an occasion just what they going on about. I was enjoying the game hugely and could not see most of the issues.

But, this latest patch is DREADFUL, it has utterly killed my game and my simple 4-4-2 tactic (created with the guidance given by wwfan) has totally gone to pot. Matches are a mess, no through balls, huge amounts of shots from outside the box. I was top of The Championship pre patch and in Capital one cup semi-final. I've lost 9 out of 10 games (only winning 1 FA cup match) scoring 5 goals and conceding 27 !!

I cannot express just how frustrated i now am, my career save is now pointless. I simply cannot play until another (hopefully not rushed out) patch is released.

Totally gutted

Played a few matches with the new hotfix and it is better than the previous patch so well done to SI on this. :)

I think the main issue, as I see it, is too many long shots are occuring and then, consequently, too many shots overall in games.

From my observation, this appears to be because the midfielders just don't seem to be "seeing" the presence of central strikers who they could feed the ball to, whether that be a through ball, or a short-ball into feet. They are occasionally seeing the runs of wide players coming inside though. But still, overall, this is why they're taking a lot of long-shots because they don't see another option or aren't even going for the simple option of a short ball to work the opposition and stretch them. We also probably just need to see more moves break down in other ways and for the play to go into transition in open-play.

This is why turning long shots down, increasing through-balls etc doesn't seem to have any effect, IMO.

How that translates into coding the ME and which variable(s) you tweak I don't know, of course, but that is my main observation.

In addition...

I still think wide players are over-running a little bit too much and the balance between running with the ball / playing it simple and then getting into the box is too geared towards the running option.

Another minor observation. I watch comprehensive highlights so see a good amount of the game. I'm noticing on some matches (by viewing the stats) my AP, also my DLF, are making key passes, yet these aren't showing up much in the highlights or the match report. So, there may also be an issue re. what we are seeing, and what is happening. Of course, this will skew our views of how the ME is performing.

Other than that. I think lots of the passing, movement, tackling and positioning is getting better and better and that you're not all that far away from an excellent match engine. :)

I fail to see why people are shocked that "mark Gareth Bale" is a good idea? Do you think real life managers ignore players like Bale, Hazard, Mata, Silva etc?

Teams often double (and sometimes triple) up against players like that. The only problem with this currently is that players who aren't quite as good as Lionel Messi are still able to play like Lionel Messi, so you need to be a bit more careful than you should have to. It's still only a minor tactical change required, and only against the best players. You're not really going to need to do it unless you're playing teams like Man U, City, Chelsea and Spurs (who are my current bogey team in 2029 as they're a team full of world class dribblers :/ ).

Yes, transferring it like that should work.

What you say there is true of course. A remaining problem, even if us human players do this, is, will the AI implement what you suggest against human or other AI-managed Hazards, Messis, Bales etc?

My only real issue is with the heading from close range. Players miss headed chances from inside 6 yards the majority of the time, though it's odd just how many chances like this come about in every game. I've also noticed that a lot of the time such chances aren't classed as "clear cut" even though they clearly are.

Other than that, it's the first time I've found the game playable.

From my observation, this appears to be because the midfielders just don't seem to be "seeing" the presence of central strikers who they could feed the ball to, whether that be a through ball, or a short-ball into feet. They are occasionally seeing the runs of wide players coming inside though.. :)

To me "awareness" in several situations is the main issue now and I agree that the problems people are pointing out are in general symptoms of this.

Thank you all for your feedback on the last ME 1324, we've made the changes listed below and have now released ME 1325.

Please provide any thoughts and feedback on the new match engine in this thread.

ME 1325:

• Further refined engagement of ball player
  • Toned down speed players can run with ball a little
  • Slight toning down of run with ball probability
  • Fine-tuned kick and header accuracy a little further

These changes should help to fix the following issues;

• Players dribbling through the middle of the pitch too easily, too often
  • High number of goals per game
  • Teams winning games by margins of 5+ goals far too often

Other useful links

Release info - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...l-Manager-2013

FM13 FAQ - http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php

FM13 Bugs Forum - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291

All non-match engine feedback here please - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...eedback-Thread

Also please read this before posting - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...nd-Forum-Rules.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

Put that in your year end reviews young man. Great effort and thank you, have a great Christmas.

I am playing with Marseille in 3rd season. I have couple of problems and I would like to know your opinion.

I am playing 4-2(CM)-3(AM)-1. Before this season I bought 9 players - 3-5 as starting players

1- I have terrible passing- One player pass to another but hit 3rd to back. Does it happen because to many new players in the team?

2- How long does it take before the team will play as a team? (btw how long does it take to learn language?)

3- Idk if it is by ME, but usually my opponent needs much less chances to score even if he has terrible players (compare to my team)

Just had my GK score 2 own goals in a [thankfully friendly] match. Never seen that before in any football game, real or computer.

Loads of own goals. Especially keeper, cos they arent actually own goals. If the keeper gets a touch but it still goes in it seems to be classed as an own goal. Taking all the credit away from the guy who actually scored it.

This ME just seems to emphasise all the things wrong with it before the hot fix. Everything got a little worse.

If there was ever a year that showed the game is being rush released every year this has got to be the one.

Can we please get back the the purpose of this thread and if you have evidence that something is an issue e.g. inappropriate long shots, then please post bug reports with supporting PKM's where you can.

I dont need to upload a PKM to justify the fact that there are TOO MANY long shots. The fact that I (and many others) believe there are too many long shots and have posted as such is feedback on 13.2.1, which is the purpose of this thread. So wind your neck in a wee bit.

I dont need to upload a PKM to justify the fact that there are TOO MANY long shots. The fact that I (and many others) believe there are too many long shots and have posted as such is feedback on 13.2.1, which is the purpose of this thread. So wind your neck in a wee bit.

I gave that as an example, now wind your neck in or you won't be posting here for much longer.

I dont need to upload a PKM to justify the fact that there are TOO MANY long shots.

Only it's not a fact. There aren't too many long shots across any of my saves, both on the main game and on FM Classic.

Therefore if you're getting way above what you'd consider to be normal, you need to post in the bugs forum with the correct evidence. The more people do that, the more SI will look into it to see if there is actually an issue here.

I gave that as an example, now wind your neck in or you won't be posting here for much longer.

OMG mate, are you for real ? You are threatening me for posting an opinion ? I simply felt your comment was unnecessary as all I'd done is posted feedback...on a feedback thread !!!

OMG mate, are you for real ? You are threatening me for posting an opinion ? I simply felt your comment was unnecessary as all I'd done is posted feedback...on a feedback thread !!!

It's amazing how quickly you forgot about the post inbetween when you was told what you should do if you think you've got a bug. What you replied with was not constructive and was dismissive.

Archived