Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

I don't hate the ME but I agree long shots are an issue. In every game I see at least 3-4 absolutely ABSURD shots from 20-30 yards out that don't come anywhere remotely near the goal. Seems like basically any player with an "attack" duty is prone to this, particularly wingers and attacking midfielders.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG mate, are you for real ? You are threatening me for posting an opinion ? I simply felt your comment was unnecessary as all I'd done is posted feedback...on a feedback thread !!!

You didn't properly read my post and it's not wise to tell Mods to wind their neck in, especially when your account is an alias account which could get you banned.

I'd suggest you use the "contact us" button to request the accounts are merged (as I'm feeling mellow :))

Ive noticed a huge increase in stupid descion making and a total disregard for tactics since this patch. Pre patch I had half decent tactics that tried to play how I wanted but now its gone completely pear shaped as always when they change the ME.

It was still pretty unrelated but now much worse.

Basically, if crossing or long shots are bad in the ME I turn them down to rarely, because you have to design your tactic to suit the flaws in this years ME. But now they dont even bother to listen anymore as everything is the spectactular never work type long shots and thru balls. Set passing to short, theres a guy short unmarked he wants to bypass him and hoofs it long out of play almost every time. The whole team are doing it.

Everbody is just whacking it as hard as they can everywhere.

Are the tactics just a placebo?

The only thing that does work that didnt work is my GKer disbriting where I want it more often than not.

I aslo noticed some crazy unrealistic curl now.

Shot per goal ratio is still incredibly high. These stikers are prolific.

Why do you have to completely redisgn your tactic everytime theres a new ME? It kind of makes a mockery of the its your tactics thing when the ME only allows set tactics to work.

Ive noticed a huge increase in stupid descion making and a total disregard for tactics since this patch. Pre patch I had half decent tactics that tried to play how I wanted but now its gone completely pear shaped as always when they change the ME.

It was still pretty unrelated but now much worse.

Basically, if crossing or long shots are bad in the ME I turn them down to rarely, because you have to design your tactic to suit the flaws in this years ME. But now they dont even bother to listen anymore as everything is the spectactular never work type long shots and thru balls. Set passing to short, theres a guy short unmarked he wants to bypass him and hoofs it long out of play almost every time. The whole team are doing it.

Everbody is just whacking it as hard as they can everywhere.

Are the tactics just a placebo?

The only thing that does work that didnt work is my GKer disbriting where I want it more often than not.

I aslo noticed some crazy unrealistic curl now.

Shot per goal ratio is still incredibly high. These stikers are prolific.

Why do you have to completely redisgn your tactic everytime theres a new ME? It kind of makes a mockery of the its your tactics thing when the ME only allows set tactics to work.

The only thing on your list affected by the last update is long shots and probably shots per goal, and I agree they're still high but definitely not as high as before.

You didn't properly read my post and it's not wise to tell Mods to wind their neck in, especially when your account is an alias account which could get you banned.

I'd suggest you use the "contact us" button to request the accounts are merged (as I'm feeling mellow :))

I can assure you the only reason I have two accounts is that my memory is rubbish and I've forgotten the details of the first one. nothing sinister !!

I may well have taken umbrage to your comment unnecessarily , but i stick firmly by the belief that long shots have gone haywire. And through balls have become rarer than hens teeth.

I may well have taken umbrage to your comment unnecessarily , but i stick firmly by the belief that long shots have gone haywire. And through balls have become rarer than hens teeth.

I don't disagree with you (though others do) and the fact that others do is the reason you need to post proof if you can, because SI won't change anything based on two directly apposite views.

I'd also point out that my original post wasn't even directed specifically at you, it just happened to fall after you'd posted.

The only thing on your list affected by the last update is long shots and probably shots per goal, and I agree they're still high but definitely not as high as before.
Tuned long shot frequency and AI

Some further ball physics fixes and refinements

More improvements to on ball decision making and pass choice

A bunch of ball physics fixes mainly related to collisions and ball spin after bounce

More improvements to pass choice AI

alot of the changes, like positioning, passing, closing down, players do this, players do that. 99% of the changes.. Shouldnt your tactics decide this not the ME? And if the ME is deciding it then 'its not your tactics' its the ME.

alot of the changes, like positioning, passing, closing down, players do this, players do that. 99% of the changes.. Shouldnt your tactics decide this not the ME? And if the ME is deciding it then 'its not your tactics' its the ME.

Your tactics plus the players own attributes yes indeed, but none of those were changed in the last update is what I'm saying.

Is it not better for SI to release an FM instalment once every two years? A patch can easily be released at the beginning of a new season to update transfers, managerial changes, etc.

Personally, I think it's almost impossible for SI - or any developer - to successfully develop, deploy and test such complicated software within 12 months. In following the current approach, I can see only two possible outcomes:

1. We get a product which hasn't changed much but is highly stable

2. We get a product with a lot of changes but which has a number of bugs

I don't think either of the two outcomes are desirable to the end consumer.

I also find it hard to believe that SI hasn't formulated some automated testing software for the ME - similar to what the majority of software vendors do to test their GUIs. I'm sure it wouldn't have been difficult to detect issues with the ME when the problems experienced have revolved around excessive numbers of long shots and dribbles per game. Once a problem has been detected, it is a lot simpler to isolate these issues and look at the causes of those issues.

Think about it in a business sense and you'll have the answer.

Your tactics plus the players own attributes yes indeed, but none of those were changed in the last update is what I'm saying.

Did you even read the patch notes?

Reguardless. I've gone from pushing for promotion to havent won in 10 since the patch asd I now have to redisgn my tactics to find one that the ME finds agreeable.

My prolific star striker has suddenly just gone goaless because I obviously need to move my sliders one notch to the left now. Or switch him to one that can score from 40 yards more often.

So many dullards on this thread who claim that on their game, the problems which plague absolutely everyone else never happens to them. It's tiresome. Why don't you upload some matches so we can all see your oh-so-perfect game in action? Do you really think all these people are going to lie about the same issue for no reason (ie the long shots bug)?

Mods are also just so rude ever since FM13 came out. I agree that being told to 'wind your neck in' is out of order, but the tone of some of the posts and the abrupt ill-manners of some of the people who are supposed to ensure that this forum runs smoothly is pretty unacceptable.

Bearing in mind this is a "positive feedback" thread and noting that pretty much all posts are non ragequit rant types, I have read nothing yet to tempt me back away from earlier games. FM13 has felt like a huge Beta testing exercise for FM14 to me. Worst of all the ME shortcoming workarounds sound like ME exploiting which, it has been suggested with some authority elsewhere, is the reason FM12 & all before were "not worthy" whilst FM13 is the present, the future and all we should ever want. Well, sorry, but "no".

This. This sums up all my feelings towards FM13. The fact that this magical wwfan thread coming about is constantly linked to when people raise issues with the ME, to me, is like a kick in the nads. It's like the game will only work if you play a certain way (I haven't tried it, and will not try it), thus exploiting the ME. I didn't pay for a football simulation game to be hold I have to play a certain formation, with certain closing down instructions and certain creative freedom instructions etc etc. Fair play to wwfan for writing it, but if that thread is the be-all and end-all for being successful in FM13 then surely it is clear for everyone to see that the game is a failure even on the most basic level. Saachi, Guardiola and Ferguson have all have periods of success all using very different tactics, if this isn't reflected in a football management simulation game as advanced as FM then it quite frankly is a blatant failure.

So many dullards on this thread who claim that on their game, the problems which plague absolutely everyone else never happens to them. It's tiresome. Why don't you upload some matches so we can all see your oh-so-perfect game in action? Do you really think all these people are going to lie about the same issue for no reason (ie the long shots bug)?

I've uploaded about 6 goals from recent games since the patch on this thread alone, but every one of them has been deleted by the mods. So I guess you'll have to ask them.

I did, you obviously didn't :D the last update contained none of the changes in your list, they were from much earlier.

So the only changes since the 15th Dec are the ones that are mentioned in this thread and not the ones in the other thread?

Cos thats the last time I played.

I've uploaded about 6 goals from recent games since the patch on this thread alone, but every one of them has been deleted by the mods. So I guess you'll have to ask them.

Seeing goals from your game doesn't prove that you don't have the long shots/large amount of shots issues that everyone else appears to have.

Fair play to wwfan for writing it, but if that thread is the be-all and end-all for being successful in FM13 then surely it is clear for everyone to see that the game is a failure even on the most basic level.

Only it's not the 'be all and end all', it's simply a guide. I've never once looked at it, and have created logical tactics that work (some of the time anyway, I tend to manage rubbish teams).

So the only changes since the 15th Dec are the ones that are mentioned in this thread and not the ones in the other thread?

Cos thats the last time I played.

That's right, it was a hotfix to try improving a couple of burning issues.

I don't think that the many long shots that we see is the real problem with the ME now.

I think that because of players unwilling to play through passes when they should and instead take the option to shoot is the real issue.

This can also explain the lack of 1v1 chances.

If there are more through passes (more risky passes included), then a % of them will get intercepted, so we would get automatically less shots on goal and more specifically the long shots taken will be reduced.

The stats now globally are about 10-15% to many shots a game (AI matches included).

I understand that it must be very hard to get the balance right, especially with a new ME.

Not only do we expect that the ME looks like realistic football, we also expect that the match stats are as realistic as possible.

SI has a though task but I'm positive that they will get there.

Seeing goals from your game doesn't prove that you don't have the long shots/large amount of shots issues that everyone else appears to have.

No, but the added screenshots showing the number of shots on goal/long shots does.

Here's the stats from my last four games.

longshots1_zps361d8f2f.jpg

longshots2_zps0c5c8499.jpg

longshots3_zps95d7c0f2.jpg

longshots4_zps19c340b4.jpg

That's right, it was a hotfix to try improving a couple of burning issues.

Ah right, I think the other fixes are all new to me 2, because todays the first matches Ive played, Ive barely played been stuck in pre season all of december struggling to find the motivation.

I never noticed the lower league finance bug fix til today which I've been moaning about for ages.

reverting back to fm12 engine would be the best choice.

doing the same, but to 13.1.3 (which was far from perfect, but light years better than current patch) would be wise

doing other thing, is just spinning a roulette

by the way... 10 pounds to 13! no more bets...

my humble advice would be reverting to either fm12 or 13.1.3 until a new well worked and tested patch is done. at least is how i see it

Just put FM12 2.2 ME in FM 2013...simply as that. Best decision ever.

I´m back last month to FM2012 because i knew they can´t fix this year ME.

Anyway thanks to SI for the effort and dedication. They are trying to fix this disaster. :thup:

I think they are losing his time...its better if they focus on FM 2014 and no repeat this. Using 2011/2012 ME as a base and starting again.

Started a save with 1860 München (german 2nd division), and here's the results of my pre-season matches:

tsv1860mnchenjogosprogr.png

An average of 30 shots per match... Looks a bit high to me, even considering the first 3 teams are semi-professional. There was a match with 40 shots (surprisingly the one that I lost)!

Didn't see any crazy dribbling until now and so far no other unrealistic statistic or player behaviour. But I know 5 games is not enough to make a good evaluation.

By the way, don't know how the hell I managed to win against Arsenal :D

And don't know how the hell I manager to loose to Bregenz :confused:

reverting back to fm12 engine would be the best choice.

doing the same, but to 13.1.3 (which was far from perfect, but light years better than current patch) would be wise

doing other thing, is just spinning a roulette

by the way... 10 pounds to 13! no more bets...

my humble advice would be reverting to either fm12 or 13.1.3 until a new well worked and tested patch is done. at least is how i see it

Thanks for the advice but neither is going to happen, this ME will continue to be developed until it reaches its potential.

My opinion on the last update is that there is no more pace in the players especially wingers. I lived seeing my wingers flying down the flanks and crossing in but they dont do it no more. And my pacey striker has lost pace too. Why is this??

My opinion on the last update is that there is no more pace in the players especially wingers. I lived seeing my wingers flying down the flanks and crossing in but they dont do it no more. And my pacey striker has lost pace too. Why is this??

This is probably the reason "Toned down speed players can run with ball a little"

I didn't know you had such inside knowledge of SI's economic state.

I dont, but I have some common sense. SI have a large fan base, thus FM sells very well each year. Why would you suddenly stop a year and lose money?

Why does Apple sell a different ipad/iphone in such a short time-scale?

Mods are also just so rude ever since FM13 came out. I agree that being told to 'wind your neck in' is out of order, but the tone of some of the posts and the abrupt ill-manners of some of the people who are supposed to ensure that this forum runs smoothly is pretty unacceptable.

This. This sums up all my feelings towards FM13. The fact that this magical wwfan thread coming about is constantly linked to when people raise issues with the ME, to me, is like a kick in the nads. It's like the game will only work if you play a certain way (I haven't tried it, and will not try it), thus exploiting the ME. I didn't pay for a football simulation game to be hold I have to play a certain formation, with certain closing down instructions and certain creative freedom instructions etc etc. Fair play to wwfan for writing it, but if that thread is the be-all and end-all for being successful in FM13 then surely it is clear for everyone to see that the game is a failure even on the most basic level. Saachi, Guardiola and Ferguson have all have periods of success all using very different tactics, if this isn't reflected in a football management simulation game as advanced as FM then it quite frankly is a blatant failure.

Maybe if you read it instead of assuming it's a paint-by-numbers tactical guide (which I'm assuming you do as you seem to believe it's a thread about how to exploit the engine...) you'd actually be able to do something useful.

The thread doesn't teach you how to make one tactic, it teaches you how to approach making tactics. You can continue to shoot yourself in the foot if you like, but that thread there is to help people get to grips with the new engine. While the match engine does have its faults, the main reason for so much unhappiness around here, imo, is people's stubbornness towards maybe having to rethink how they approach match tactics.

Liking this patch. My only gripe thus far is in both games I've played(small sample size, I know)I've had 35+ shots in both games, the opposition have had 4 and 3 in the games and both games have ended in 2-1 wins for me. But aside from that it's been good, my defenders aren't as a unit following the guy with the ball and wide players aren't going on crazy mazy runs ending in goal of the season.

Also a big thanks for getting the patch out pre-Christmas.

And I'm sure this statement will get a few people riled up, but then maybe some people need to be:

If you think the FM12 engine is better than FM13's, you're allowing some outlandish bug behaviour to distract you. It's easy enough to look past these issues and see the improvements made all over the engine, but only if you can raise yourselves up enough to actually look. I reckon if you're going back and playing FM12, or demanding a previous ME is put back in, it's because you've learned how to beat that engine, not because it's better.

Sure there's some horrible things going at times, but it's still a massive step forward overall.

Please try and be calm with how you respond to this post, you can respond without resorting to bad language and insults.

Cheers for the reply but in my opinion it takes away from the game

It's better than what was happening pre-hotfix though.

I imagine it's something we'll see returning in a future patch once other things have been balanced better.

And I'm sure this statement will get a few people riled up, but then maybe some people need to be:

If you think the FM12 engine is better than FM13's, you're allowing some outlandish bug behaviour to distract you. It's easy enough to look past these issues and see the improvements made all over the engine, but only if you can raise yourselves up enough to actually look. I reckon if you're going back and playing FM12, or demanding a previous ME is put back in, it's because you've learned how to beat that engine, not because it's better.

Sure there's some horrible things going at times, but it's still a massive step forward overall.

Please try and be calm with how you respond to this post, you can respond without resorting to bad language and insults.

I think the majority agree. I find the ME frustrating on occasion, especially as I think this patch has made the game slightly easier. It has never been unplayable.

I couldn't bear to move back to FM12 as it'd mean I would take advantage of the exploits rather than looking at the opposition and beating them rather than beating the ME.

I dont, but I have some common sense. SI have a large fan base, thus FM sells very well each year. Why would you suddenly stop a year and lose money?

Ah, I thought you were saying that they have to in order not to be shut down. We are in agreement then.

No company in the world would stop selling a product that people are willing to buy to beta test it for them.

Anyways, sorry for the intrustion, back on topic.

Thank you for your answer, Ackter. So no hotfix until february / march?

They would never say in advance either way, but there will likely be the data update+patch (in one) after the transfer window shuts, so if we reach february/march then there won't be a hotfix at all, just the final patch.

Hi Ackter.

Do you have a link which describes the changes made to the ME? I have noticed a difference, but I've heard a lot of hype from people saying this has been in development for two years and I wanted to quantify their statements with information from SI.

I've noticed a difference in the way the ball moves which suggests the physics of the ME has changed. Attacking movement and intricate passing looks quite beautiful, which makes me optimistic that when the tweaks have been made - increase through balls, decrease long shots (basically, tweak the thought processes of the players) - this will be the best ME so far.

Archived