Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

When is the players moving like on ice/moonwalking issue going to be fixed? It's pretty distracting. :/ PS. I agree that this is probably the best ME underneath, at least the gameplay looks more organic than FM12. However I'm kinda worried that it has been over 2 months since beta and there are still major issues. I mean every ME patch seems to have fixed some issues, but at the same time created some new ones. About two months from now is when SI usually stops updating the game, so I think it's fair to wonder if the FM13 ME will ever be completely balanced. Eg. add/remove leagues was a major feature of FM12 and it had a game breaking bug of eventually creating so huge db it would slow down your save to unplayable level, and even thing like that didn't get patched later. Doesn't really instill confidence about SI's commitment to supporting their games.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think i just set a new record for extended highlights:), i went 4-1 up home against Nott forrest in the FA cup at 69 min (playing as arsenal). Having, at last i thought a chance to win, full control in chances,possesion etc etc. I put in Frimpong for Ramsey and Santos for Gibbs, and Control tatics (played attacking). To make a long story short, from 69 min to 95 min i spent about 18 min watching "highlights". And off cource Forrest made it 4-4 in OT OT...i was just outclassed last 26 min. Why on Earth does that happen so ofte, huuuge amount of "highlight time" if one is in the lead?.

My impression of the latest patch: (soz if i'm getting repetitive guys)

1. Too many shots on target (>20 per game for each team while the defensive player's ratings may be over 7.0)

2. No movement Off The Ball (someone mentioned "pace"; it's not about the pace as i see my quickest players being unable to move into space)

3. No through balls (watching only back passes and ball holding)

4. DR/DLs cannot mark on far post crosses (Actually now that there are no through balls, it's the only way to score!)

5. Again silly GK mistakes :S

6. Network Issues (which are pointed in Network's session)

General thoughts: (soz if off-topic)

1. "Pressing" is a bit unreal in fm13. Ok there's closing down but players are just running up and down with no reason. We rarely see steals and hard tacklings.

2. In "Key" match mode, i get to see 3-4 highlights which is few, while in "Extended" it takes me about 20-30 mins of gameplay. There's nothing between those two.. (like "Key" in fm12)

Thanks, i hope my feedback is welcomed and help with getting FM better and better!

Happy New Year

Think i just set a new record for extended highlights:), i went 4-1 up home against Nott forrest in the FA cup at 69 min (playing as arsenal). Having, at last i thought a chance to win, full control in chances,possesion etc etc. I put in Frimpong for Ramsey and Santos for Gibbs, and Control tatics (played attacking). To make a long story short, from 69 min to 95 min i spent about 18 min watching "highlights". And off cource Forrest made it 4-4 in OT OT...i was just outclassed last 26 min. Why on Earth does that happen so ofte, huuuge amount of "highlight time" if one is in the lead?.
Without the exact insight into the tactical settings of both teams, "Control" can be the wrong choice against a team who puts in the risk & pressure and is able to pull that off. Would have went for counter or defensive, if you realize sudden loss of possession & get attacked all the time.

And I'm sure this statement will get a few people riled up, but then maybe some people need to be:

If you think the FM12 engine is better than FM13's, you're allowing some outlandish bug behaviour to distract you. It's easy enough to look past these issues and see the improvements made all over the engine, but only if you can raise yourselves up enough to actually look. I reckon if you're going back and playing FM12, or demanding a previous ME is put back in, it's because you've learned how to beat that engine, not because it's better.

Sure there's some horrible things going at times, but it's still a massive step forward overall.

Please try and be calm with how you respond to this post, you can respond without resorting to bad language and insults.

I personally preferred the ME from fm 13 until the 13.2 patch. Until that point i felt the changes to the ME were positive. It gave me or more tactical control or at least it seemed that way and i saw more tactical diversity. I couldnt approach every game the same way with the same tactics and formation. Different opponents had to be countered with different tactics. Sometimes i had to use wingplay and crosses to win, using more width or less, using the middle of the pitch, a DM to help out defence and so on. These tactical decisions meant the difference between a win or a loose. This has changed for me since 13.2 and subsequent hotfix. Before i never had that many problems with ME itself, some minor bug now and then but nothing big.

My impression of the latest patch: (soz if i'm getting repetitive guys)

1. Too many shots on target (>20 per game for each team while the defensive player's ratings may be over 7.0)

2. No movement Off The Ball (someone mentioned "pace"; it's not about the pace as i see my quickest players being unable to move into space)

3. No through balls (watching only back passes and ball holding)

4. DR/DLs cannot mark on far post crosses (Actually now that there are no through balls, it's the only way to score!)

5. Again silly GK mistakes :S

6. Network Issues (which are pointed in Network's session)

General thoughts: (soz if off-topic)

1. "Pressing" is a bit unreal in fm13. Ok there's closing down but players are just running up and down with no reason. We rarely see steals and hard tacklings.

2. In "Key" match mode, i get to see 3-4 highlights which is few, while in "Extended" it takes me about 20-30 mins of gameplay. There's nothing between those two.. (like "Key" in fm12)

Thanks, i hope my feedback is welcomed and help with getting FM better and better!

Happy New Year

and for me only the network issues are a real pain...

getting used to bugs, its a game and can't remember one who doesn't have some of those! :-)

but a network game where clients can't buy players at first and now clients matches taking forever, now that is really annoying!!!

I have only managed 3 games so far ...it is Christmas after all :p

Not really in a position to give real feedback but I have to say I am still really enjoying the games,I am honestly not seeing anything out of the ordinary,I played 3 won 2 and drew 1,no stupid amount of shots on goal and no insane dribbles,also no throw ins getting passed to the opposing team,the thing I have noticed is when I or the opposing team have a throw in and they do lose the ball it is then done through a tackle,not sure if this was added or I am just being lucky.

I am beginning to wonder if SI are giving the lower league players some love :)

For the guys playing in higher leagues I am sure they will get this right,it seems they only have to tweak a few things and make sure there is no roll on effect,I am honestly watching some really good games in the lower leagues since the last 2 patches were added.

Hang in there :)

I think SI are tweaking the ME too much hence these disastrous results....In the previous patch, people were sooking that there were too many through balls, and not enought shots on target....Result? SI obviously tweak it, but this time, people are complaining because we are having too many shots on target, and not enough through balls

How can you not laugh!

I think SI should trust their gut here and not take every single rant on board and make tweaks due to people having rants about the smaller things.

SI, take your time, fix the issues, and release a patch after weeks of testing, not days. I personally dont mind waiting until February for a patch. As long as it is near perfect.

I'm really enjoying the game.

Since patch 13.2 (and now with the hotfix 13.2.1) the ME became much better imo. Of course it's not perfect, but theres been made huge progresses since the release of FM13.

So far, and with the new patch, i only have 2 complains:

- Too many long shots, in particulary from midfield players. At any chance they decide to take the shot, when many times the better option is trying a pass.

- Wingers cutting inside too often. I play in a 451 formation with a Inside Foward on the left and a Winger on the right, both with attack duty. At the end of any game, when i look at the game analysis the two players played the game almost the same way. For some reason the winger just ignores the "hugh the touchline" instruction.

This have been said alot, but it's never too much...

Much respect to the SI team that made this hotfix just before xmas. I know that this must cost them many hours with their families. I wonder if any software corporation would do the same. Great job guys! :thup:

I think SI should trust their gut here and not take every single rant on board and make tweaks due to people having rants about the smaller things.

I think that SI have the necessary experience to discern between a rant and something that is wrong with the game.

With the previous patch there was a obvious issue related with players dribbling to much, and because of that they release a hotfix.

With this patch, i think that also obvious that theres is a issue related with the amount of long shots. So i'm sure that they are looking into it, and sooner or later they will release a new patch to balance the situation.

Without the exact insight into the tactical settings of both teams, "Control" can be the wrong choice against a team who puts in the risk & pressure and is able to pull that off. Would have went for counter or defensive, if you realize sudden loss of possession & get attacked all the time.

--But every game is the same, if i have a lead i just get so overrun its just funny, suddenly all falls apart. Every attack they have is a big chance. If i have a throw in, or corner, i will get tackled into my own 16 yard...i am suddenly surronded by opp players:)... i have tried many different tatics...the worst beeing Counter attacking. Counter in this game just mean you will get countered upon..Once in a while i get away with the odd win, but only if i am Lucky. There are enourmous amount off chances being made against me. I have 27-44 in goal diff being arsenal, and will soon get sacked again:):)

2 updates, and the problems have not been fixed at all!!!

You noticed that hundreds of players were having the same problems about crosses to the far post and... Where are the fixes?

I don't think you are so blind to not see that DR/DLs instead of marking the players on the far post, go into the middle of the penalty box and stay there watching in their eyes.

:applause:

This is a GREAT game, the BEST football game as always, but you should know that the ME is better than past years, but it's also more buggy LOL.

Here is how the highlights sequences often pans out - starts with me having a corner or throw in, and crossing the ball straight into the hans to the opp goalkeeper. He throws it quickly out and they just runs the ball up to my goal for some kinda big chance. Give me a break soon lol:)

Just continued my 14 game unwinning streak:). In this game i just loved it when Bould told me, just Seconds before Fulham went 3.0 up, we are controlling the game etc...but cant score etc. Who on Earth came up With these comments during matches....just adds to the agony:)

GamePlay

- Players think they're Maradona and go on crazy runs past 6 players

- Players shoot way too often instead of passing or slipping a through ball through

- Too many back-passes go wrong and get intercepted

- Not enough variation in goals like in real life

- Defenders positioning is poor, I have mine set quite deep and not to press until they come into the area but half the time they run way too far up trying to press leaving a huge gap behind them

- All the players positional play is poor tbh

- Players need to cover their team mates better

- I play with good wingers, wide football but I rarely see a cross when I have all the things set up for which crosses should be coming in lots (don't over-power them though, would just like to see a few more)

- At the moment it seems that if any little clever through ball is played behind my defenders they just stand still for the ST to run onto, surely they should be doing all they can to get a block in or run behind the GK to stop it on the line JT style?

Graphical:

- Players coming out from a tunnel, shaking hands, national anthems being sung for internationals.

- When winning/losing a league or trophy, I'd love to see a ceremony, either something happening on the pitch with fireworks, lifting the trophy, collecting the medals or walking up the stadium and lifting the trophy in the stand like they do for the FA Cup. Guess this would just add something for those like myself who play in 3D and would kind of give you more of a thrill when winning things.

- Not enough realistic GK animations, for example I'v never seen a GK bring a player down when he's trying to go round him which is one of the most common things within football, neither do they dive at players feet enough.

Training:

- Being able to select more than one player when doing anything with individual training. At the moment for example if you wish to select the training workload for players's individual training from Average to Heavy you have to do it one by one and tbh that's a ball-ache. It's the same with all the features within Individual training.

- When selecting what a player should try to learn, for example 'Avoid using weaker foot', it would be great if before you chose, your assistant gave you options of what he thinks would be best for him. I know he does that if he doesn't agree on what you chose the player to learn but a few opinions beforehand would be great. Again with being able to select more than one player at a time this would be handy as you could select all your LM/LW players to 'Run down left flank as much as possible'.

In-Game

- When praising a players recent form the only options are that he's improved? what about just being able to say, you've been class recently well done?

- Interactions with referee's for when something happens during/after a game?

- Would love more interactions in general with everyone.

- Team talks at half time are rubbish and not detailed enough. Should be able to do more detailed shouts during the game.

- Transfers are awful on FM, teams buy players they don't need and half of them are shocking buys.

- When you do a team-talk to one player, another one is affected by what you say? bug, or?

i'm getting bored of seeing how many shots i create... only to win 1-0 or 2-0 :/

and please sort out the silly assman comments

played 4-4-1-1 "our strikers are outnumbered by the oppositions central defence"

change to 4-4-2 to combat this "we have no one playing between our midfielders and strikers restricting service" - dispite winning 6-1 at the time >.> and having 2 CM with a passing of 18 and 20.

Strikers are now shooting from range when they have the opportunity to take the ball into the box or if a pass is on. My 442 has everybody set to rarely shoot from range, yet they still shoot. I know guys are working on the Me but i feel this is a step back.

shotssw.jpg

i had 27 shots 20 from outside box, alot of the times this is a striker shooting from range

[ATTACH=CONFIG]0[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]0[/ATTACH]

Maybe if you read it instead of assuming it's a paint-by-numbers tactical guide (which I'm assuming you do as you seem to believe it's a thread about how to exploit the engine...) you'd actually be able to do something useful.

The thread doesn't teach you how to make one tactic, it teaches you how to approach making tactics. You can continue to shoot yourself in the foot if you like, but that thread there is to help people get to grips with the new engine. While the match engine does have its faults, the main reason for so much unhappiness around here, imo, is people's stubbornness towards maybe having to rethink how they approach match tactics.

I had a skim through the 'guide' when it was first written, and I remember something along the lines of 'don't touch the sliders'. I stopped reading there. That isn't teaching you how to 'approach' a tactic, that's explicitly telling you not to touch the sliders (ie, basically making your tactic) because the ME clearly favours the default settings. That isn't management simulation.

And I'm not really shooting myself in the foot, as I said on a previous page I'm in the top 5 in the PL with Southampton (first season). In another save I made the playoffs in the Belgian Third Division (first season) but gave up after the game was just overly repetitive and seemingly random with some of the results. So I'm not exactly unsuccessful, It's just not fun to play due to the manner of the wins/draws, and just constantly feeling like the success has nothing to do with my tactical instructions. I miss a million chances (half of which are long shots), the opposition miss a million chances (half of which are long shots), then I score from a counter attack (obviously from a cross, as AMCs and MCs producing a through ball is as rare as rocking horse poo on FM13). Same old story, despite my tactic instructing my players to play nothing like that. I'd actually rather lose seeing the team play my way than see scrappy win after scrappy win watching my team play in a way that I just haven't instructed them to.

I'm not one of those who has suggested they revert back to the FM12 engine, but only because it's obvious that SI wouldn't even consider it. FM12 was a better match engine, even before a single patch came out, because the ME actually reflected the tactic you built. Sure, 12 had it's problems (the 4-2-3-1 for example), but overall, it just was a far superior ME. Supposedly this ME has been in development for two years, so I don't buy all this stuff about a work in progress, especially with some of the most obvious bugs. I accept it should have some bugs, but is 5 patches in the space of 2 months really a sign of a complete, working game?

I got the book 'Football Manager Stole My Life' for Christmas. There's a section in there about one of the editions - CM04 I think it was - becoming infamous after being released six months late and full of bugs. I don't want to be over-dramatic, but I think in years to come the majority will look at FM13 with a similar view.

EDIT>>

try changing creative freedom, i got that to most restrictive on my 4-4-2 and getitng ball into the box more often then long shots.

although the annoying one where they shoot instead of running is annoying.

This just reinforces my point re the ME not reflecting tactics. Why should we have to reduce creative freedom (which includes many other factors other than long shots) when I have explicitly instructed my players not to take them very often at all? It just doesn't make sense! I'm not having a go at you scott MUFC, and I'm sure that reducing creative freedom does restrict long shots further, but you shouldn't be having to put to creative freedom to the lowest possible to get to that point.

I cannot believe that anyone thinks this patch is step foward in the right direction, i just watched a game where apprently i had 26 shots with 11 on target yet the only chance i seen in the entire match (yes the ENTIRE MATCH) was them scoring a corner, this patch is more watching the timer than actiually watching football being played.

Am not going to sit and tell you exactly why this match engine is such a fail, because am not good with coding and bugs and all that, but all i can say is this is by far the worse fm patch ive ever played period, and ive been gaming with champ since 97/98 edition.

For me personally the game was perfectly fine before this xmas eve patch, the game was enjoyable and thats all that matters, i dont know where si got there feedback but it seems to many kids where crying about getting hammered 6-0 at the nou camp.

I had a skim through the 'guide' when it was first written, and I remember something along the lines of 'don't touch the sliders'. I stopped reading there. That isn't teaching you how to 'approach' a tactic, that's explicitly telling you not to touch the sliders (ie, basically making your tactic) because the ME clearly favours the default settings.

If your settings don't work as intended, it's at least equally likely because of your settings rather than the ME. If they don't work, they are likely not halfway as logically sound as what the TC provides and thus the basic football logics the AI is infused with. As a very basic example: If the AI chases a game, it logically switches to a more "attacking strategy", which doesn't merely increase mentality, but adjusts closing down sliders, tackling sliders, width, tempo, d-line, runs etc. accordingly. If you try to hold onto that lead, you may or may not micro-manage a myriad of sliders in all kinds of contradicting ways. Neither of which may be your own fault, mind.

There are no default settings. There are but sound and tested tactical concepts, strategies and modifiers for each of those; tried and tested settings translated into slider setups you as well as the AI can use in not limtless but expansive number of combinations, all of which are yours to decide. It's a dynamic system, and by no means a blanket wizard. The settings for an advanced playmaker in a defensive strategy employing a fluid philosophy will look differently than for an advanced playmaker in an overload strategy employing a ridig philosophy, and vice versa. Shouts will further modify some of those.

Whilst the TC has many limitations, it is also more than many give it credit for. In parts equally due to a lack of documentation. There are decisions to make, not default settings to pick from, all without worrying what the sliders actually specifically do and working out from match action how they interlink - and then translating those interlinked sliders into sound concepts yourself. This is something that even the most experienced users are often undecided about due to the system being opaque as well as badly documented, arguably impossible to document really well. Even if you do know basic slider speech as well have a basic grasp of real-life football tactics, things can still get awry whilst translating sliders into sound tactics indeed.

That is why it was suggested to stop worrying about the sliders and to get a grip on what the TC actually is and how to analyse a game rather than micro-tweaking sliders in wanton attempts to turn a season around - for now. The first approach will give you a decent understanding of the ME, any version. The latter one might produce results without actually getting a grasp as of bloody why.

I highly doubt at this point if SI could release a patch that would quieten the moaners, seems this year people will make a huge fuss no matter what.

The game is no where near as bad as some are making out. "unplayable" please, the game plays fine, a few too many shots, maybe a few too many dribbles, but outwith that it runs very well.

Sorry if someone has mentioned it above, but I realy didn't have the time to read the whole thread. My problem from even the first ME to the last patch is the excesive amount of woodworks per game. There is NO single match with less than overall 3 post hits and in many matches it even reaches 5 or 6. Anyone else with this problem?

I highly doubt at this point if SI could release a patch that would quieten the moaners, seems this year people will make a huge fuss no matter what.

It really seems to be the trend this year.

Sometimes i feel that this ME as been label as a big flaw, so no matter what SI do, it will always be rubish. And that is a shame, because if people put things in perspective, i think they would realize that apart from some minor issues (long shots and one or two more) this ME is really good, and so much better when compare with the ME from FM2012.

Sorry if someone has mentioned it above, but I realy didn't have the time to read the whole thread. My problem from even the first ME to the last patch is the excesive amount of woodworks per game. There is NO single match with less than overall 3 post hits and in many matches it even reaches 5 or 6. Anyone else with this problem?

Yes, you're not the only one. This happens to me since FM 08 i think.

It really seems to be the trend this year.

Sometimes i feel that this ME as been label as a big flaw, so no matter what SI do, it will always be rubish. And that is a shame, because if people put things in perspective, i think they would realize that apart from some minor issues (long shots and one or two more) this ME is really good, and so much better when compare with the ME from FM2012.

Its not even remotely as bad as has been made out on here. Yes it definitely has issues, game breaking issues? No chance. Anything that would stop you playing? Again no chance. I have no idea what expectations people have of this game, i dont think they are realistic tho. This ME is already better than 12's, no one can prove to me otherwise.

Its not even remotely as bad as has been made out on here. Yes it definitely has issues, game breaking issues? No chance. Anything that would stop you playing? Again no chance. I have no idea what expectations people have of this game, i dont think they are realistic tho. This ME is already better than 12's, no one can prove to me otherwise.

100% this.

The game is no where near as bad as some are making out. "unplayable" please, the game plays fine, a few too many shots, maybe a few too many dribbles, but outwith that it runs very well.

you got it the other way around, its the moaners who made it get patched on xmas eve and totally mess up the match engine, the game was perfectly fine before kids started crying about getting raped 5-0.

its the exact same way call of duty went, they started listening to much to the community who are mainly kids who got nothing else to do, if you check my posts i havent posted about fm 13 untill this god awful patch came out.

I fail to see why people are shocked that "mark Gareth Bale" is a good idea? Do you think real life managers ignore players like Bale, Hazard, Mata, Silva etc?

Teams often double (and sometimes triple) up against players like that. The only problem with this currently is that players who aren't quite as good as Lionel Messi are still able to play like Lionel Messi, so you need to be a bit more careful than you should have to. It's still only a minor tactical change required, and only against the best players. You're not really going to need to do it unless you're playing teams like Man U, City, Chelsea and Spurs (who are my current bogey team in 2029 as they're a team full of world class dribblers :/ ).

Yes, transferring it like that should work.

Perhaps I chose the wrong player, but there are many super dribblers in the game now, that shouldn't be there. There are far too many runs from players that force you to change your tactics from the previous ME. That was the point I was making. There were no unrealistic runs in the previous game. I have a winger with 17 acceleration, 18 agility, 17 creativity, 18 pace, 17 flair, 18 dribbling , 17 technique. He makes maybe two runs a game. If I update, he will make 10+ according to the reports here. My point is, all these players before that would previously make 1 run a game, maybe not even that now need to have specific tactical instructions against them to stop them.

Runs per game are no realistic. We have to check all super dribblers ahead of the game to counter them. There's no point going around in circles. I feel you have to change your tactics per ME to counter where the balance in uneven, you feel you can carry tactics through every ME and never have to change them. That's fine, you're lucky if you don't have to, but the majority of people will have to.

I can't understand how anyone can say 13.1.3 was better. Full backs didn't defend, centre back's never marked the striker or strikers leaving them with a tap in and lets not forget the OG's.

I've not updated because I'm really enjoying 13.1.3 Fullbacks defend fine. OGs have all but gone now for some reason. In fact my goal analysis says I've not had one in 50 games.

you got it the other way around, its the moaners who made it get patched on xmas eve and totally mess up the match engine, the game was perfectly fine before kids started crying about getting raped 5-0.

What kids? Are you assuming everyone struggling is young? Or are you just being condesending?

There was a 16 page thread incase you missed it, where many people said it was not fine, which brings me back to my point, no matter what they do, the feedback has been the same "worst ME ever", and every patch its the same feedback. Its tiresome now.

Milnerpoint, brave defender of all things FM.

its the exact same way call of duty went, they started listening to much to the community who are mainly kids who got nothing else to do, if you check my posts i havent posted about fm 13 untill this god awful patch came out.

This is nonsense, 13.2 was a disaster, there is no way SI would have patched on XMAS eve if they had been happy with it.

You also give the screaming hordes too much credit, SI won't change something unless they feel it needs changed, and can back it up with hard data. Of course that doesn't mean the changes they make will be for the better, but they certainly don't just change stuff because of a few angsty posts in the feedback thread.

Perhaps I chose the wrong player, but there are many super dribblers in the game now, that shouldn't be there. There are far too many runs from players that force you to change your tactics from the previous ME. That was the point I was making. There were no unrealistic runs in the previous game. I have a winger with 17 acceleration, 18 agility, 17 creativity, 18 pace, 17 flair, 18 dribbling , 17 technique. He makes maybe two runs a game. If I update, he will make 10+ according to the reports here. My point is, all these players before that would previously make 1 run a game, maybe not even that now need to have specific tactical instructions against them to stop them.

Runs per game are no realistic. We have to check all super dribblers ahead of the game to counter them. There's no point going around in circles. I feel you have to change your tactics per ME to counter where the balance in uneven, you feel you can carry tactics through every ME and never have to change them. That's fine, you're lucky if you don't have to, but the majority of people will have to.

I've not updated because I'm really enjoying 13.1.3 Fullbacks defend fine. OGs have all but gone now for some reason. In fact my goal analysis says I've not had one in 50 games.

How can you give feedback on a patch your not playing? How can you express your disapointment at something you have yet to come across?

again ppl with nothing else to do but complain about a match engine that was fine in my opinion, how many patches have passed? and i didnt have any problems enjoying the game, this 13.2.1 comes out and i got something to complain about, am not the kind who complains about every little detail my friend.

generally with coding when you fix one thing another thing becomes broken, they messed with the coding of the match engine and made it alot worse.

like the saying goes ' you dont know what you got untill its gone' well i bet alot of moaners of the previous patches are wishing they kepted there mouths shut with the match engine they have now, or maybe thats yous who say this match engine is great, because yous cried enough to get it changed, now that it is yous cant exactly turn round and say it still sucks can you?

again ppl with nothing else to do but complain about a match engine that was fine in my opinion, how many patches have passed? and i didnt have any problems enjoying the game, this 13.2.1 comes out and i got something to complain about, am not the kind who complains about every little detail my friend.

generally with coding when you fix one thing another thing becomes broken, they messed with the coding of the match engine and made it alot worse.

So what, Si should consult with you, make sure your not happy with the ME before they change the ME ?

The ultimate aim of the ME has to be creating a realistic game of football. And 13.2 was a horrible , FIFA'ised version of dribble hell. That was a fact, easily backed up by hard numbers.

!3.2.1 still has issues, the amount of shots is stupid, but this is offset by the players seemingly inability to hit the target now , so it pretty much evens out. The current ME is still has issues , arguably no game breakers , but certainly some that are distracting and common enough to limit enjoyability of the game.

The ME is always a work in progress, for good or bad, and this year has probably been a little more frustrating that usual die to the complete rewrite. There HAS to be a better way to test/feedback on ME's than this feedback thread (which inevitably descends into ubers claiming everyone else has sucky tactics / people claiming the game is broken because the are struggling / those striving for maybe impossible levels of realism) and asking people to upload tons of save games / PKM's to a ftp ,something I doubt the majority even know exists.

My biggest complaint by far is the unpredictability of it all.

First day after the patch, playing with Feyenoord against Manchester City, groupphase of the CL 2015/16, I shockingly end up winning the game 6-0 with dominating ball posession, more chances and a toroughly deserved win. After I pressed continue, the game crashed.

Annoyed, but slightly confident of the result I restart FM, restart the game without touching ANY of my tactics or subtitutions.. and I lose.. but I don't JUST lose, I lose 0-8.

Now I want someone to PLEASE explain how I am supposed to enjoy that?

From a 6-0 win to a 0-8 loss with exactly the same setup?

It's all so incredibly random and I feel I'm left over to a rolling dice that randomly spits out a result. And I'm not enjoying it. I red crossed the game and haven't touched it since.

I still think shots on goal and runs with ball are far away from being fixed. Anyway i had a couple of matches vs. Man U for the CL regroupment. These stats are crazy. I'm not saying in every match i see these numbers, but something must be done. I would even suggest an update rollback, if this was possible because i keep thinking the latest one made the game worse than it was before.

Tiri: shots

Tiri fuori: shots off target

2zqvlu8.jpg

qps18z.jpg

So what, Si should consult with you, make sure your not happy with the ME before they change the ME ?

The ultimate aim of the ME has to be creating a realistic game of football. And 13.2 was a horrible , FIFA'ised version of dribble hell. That was a fact, easily backed up by hard numbers.

am sorry but i do not agree that this patch is better than the previous, maybe you where getting hammered everygame or something, but i was enjoying it.

now as i said before its more watching the timer go by than actually watching football being played.

id actually love to see a vote which patch was the best, and id love even more if you could actually choose what patch u wanted to play, so there would be no arguments at all.

Archived