Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would do no good at all if SI tried to explain why they do what they do, all that would happen is a few obvious posters would jump on the chance to attack them direct, the past few months have shown this to be true.

Very likely that a few will jump on them. However SI recognises the serious well willing FM gamer on here as well. At the end of the day even the strongest rants on here are just written words (and usually not directed at a person but at SI as a game developer) and how inconstructive at times, there is not much difference between a solid well written comment or a rant. Behind the both of them you'll find an unsatisfied customer.

Very likely that a few will jump on them. However SI recognises the serious well willing FM gamer on here as well. At the end of the day even the strongest rants on here are just written words (and usually not directed at a person by at SI) and how inconstructive at times, there is not much difference between a solid well written comment or a rant. Behind the both of them you'll find an unsatisfied customer.

Its not just written words tho, remember last year someone hacked Miles's twitter account just because they were not happy with the delay on the feb/march update. Sadly with the internet it becomes more than words sometimes. Most of the rants here acuse SI of being lazy, or various other direct insults towards various parts of the company or directed towards specific people working for SI.

Anyway, im sure SI can wade through the crap to find the good feedback without needing to ingage in the threads. The bugs forum is there for them to interact with people willing to work with them to solve an issue, these threads are just places for folk to rant, and keep it all in one place.

These long shots are getting silly now, there are just so many of them and its ruining the game. It seems there were complaints of not having enough shots at goal (which I didn't mind personally) but now its been tweaked to the polar opposite and we are getting players smashing shots in from deep instead of looking for a pass (for the record my players are all set to long shots rarely)

It's like SI are trying to solve a puzzle, and when they make one change it disrupts something else. FWIW I thought match engine 13.1.3 was alright, as was 13.2 but this last patch has sent things haywire.

Anyway, im sure SI can wade through the crap to find the good feedback without needing to ingage in the threads. The bugs forum is there for them to interact with people willing to work with them to solve an issue, these threads are just places for folk to rant, and keep it all in one place.

If SI would truly feel like that about this thread if would show a great lack of respect towards some of us ;) Luckily it is just you who is stating this remark :p.

The bugs forum is what it says it is: a bugs forum. If there is no bug, we should not report it there. I for one rarely report in the bugs forum when it comes to the ME because I do not feel SI gave us an ME loaded with bugs. I would hope this thread leaves a nice platform to discuss the direction SI has taken the game with the latest ME and if there are improvements needed. Ideally SI would be openminded when it comes to how we as customer receive a new update. Even with their best intentions sometimes they can hit a true miss. Giving people a chance to decide for themselves under which terms (with which updates) they will continue the game would take a lot of the room for anger out of the play, would it not?

If SI would truly feel like that about this thread if would show a great lack of respect towards some of us ;) Luckily it is just you who is stating this remark :p.

The bugs forum is what it says it is: a bugs forum. If there is no bug, we should not report it there. I for one rarely report in the bugs forum when it comes to the ME because I do not feel SI gave us an ME loaded with bugs. I would hope this thread leaves a nice platform to discuss the direction SI has taken the game with the latest ME and if there are improvements needed. Ideally SI would be openminded when it comes to how we as customer receive a new update. Even with their best intentions sometimes they can hit a true miss. Giving people a chance to decide for themselves under which terms (with which updates) they will continue the game would take a lot of the room for anger out of the play, would it not?

Why would it show lack of respect? Do you really think a post like "OMG i just had 89 shots and only scored 1 goal, sort your game out" is going to encourage them to engange in discusion about the game?

The bugs forum is there to report anything you feel is a bug, its then up to SI to have a look and see if its an actual bug or not. The feedback thread is not for that. You wont get anything fixed by posting in here.

With your last point, it may make a few people happy, but it would create a nightmare again for SI having to figure out who is using what version of the game, then having a look to see if the issue is fixed on another version, it makes life much easier if we are all playing the same verison. Activision dont let you decide which build of Call of Duty you can play, same goes for every game out there pretty much. FM was one of the last to let people decide what patch to use, and i can imagine it was horrendous to work around.

As much as I respect commitment SI showed by releasing a hot-fix in X'mas eve, ME13.2.1 is not playable to me. I will wait for next patch. Hopefully, we will have more balance ME to deal with dribble, long shoot, through ball and press.

I certainly won't be an early bird when FM2014 be released. It's just painful to go through ME13.1 to ME13.2.

Every player seems to think they can smash one in from 30+ yards, too many shots in general, hardly any through balls, still too much dribbling, still seeing laughable scorelines far too often. 13.1.3 was playable but still not the finished article. 13.2.1 makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon and feed them to my cat. That is all I have to say about this latest update. Back to FM12 Handheld on my phone for a bit longer. Not too much longer hopefully.

Also noticed last night in quite a few games GoalKeepers saving balls that where quite obviously going wide. I know this does happen IRL,, but it did seem a little too often to me. Just adding in case it helps somehow.

What I will say that I mentioned in another forum thread,, was I think if this was always known to be a work in progress then what SI could/should have done was have this ME running in game along side a stable ME based on the 2012 ME. That way everyone could play their main save on the stable platform with all the new bonus of the new database and features and play a temp save they perhaps would not be so bothered about on the other,, and provide feedback as they see it.

I think a lot of people on here would have been more than happy to contribute to a work in progress as long as they still had their other game being unaffected at the same time. In fact they would be getting exactly what they are after ,,, more balanced and informed feedback from people with a genuine interest in the games development and satisfying customers in the main at the same time. Win win.

As it is now I can understand why people are getting annoyed. At the moment it kind of feels as tho SI have done away with their QA team and released a unfinished game (still at full price btw) and get all of us to do the testing for them for free while they still rake in their sales profit. I may sound cynical and don't get me wrong I have loved the game for years,, but I very much doubt they would have even considered holding up this game as they know they get their best sale potential just after the real life new football season has started and right before xmas.

Really hope everything is back to normal again soon. On another note I wont be playing my main save until after a new patch is released,, however I am willing to start up a temp one in any mode/ lg / country that might not have had much testing and give feedback as I see it,, if there is any lg/country/team etc that might help somehow then please post.

No it wouldn't because they'd have to say only the latest version is supported, but any way it's pointless suggesting this and equally pointless suggesting rolling back to previous builds because neither are going to happen.

The best you can hope for imo is notice of updates so you can delay taking them up if you want to.

The only way the ME is going is forward from the current position, so if the last updates weren't quite effective enough in achieving their aims they'll be tweaked some more, if they had knock on effects they'll have to be addressed but I very much doubt it'll be by undoing the other changes.

It can seem painfully slow but it's the only way to get to where the ME is going.

With your last point, it may make a few people happy, but it would create a nightmare again for SI having to figure out who is using what version of the game, then having a look to see if the issue is fixed on another version, it makes life much easier if we are all playing the same verison. Activision dont let you decide which build of Call of Duty you can play, same goes for every game out there pretty much. FM was one of the last to let people decide what patch to use, and i can imagine it was horrendous to work around.

As long as we can agree that in the deliberate decision by SI to get all customers playing on the same versions also lies the risk of failure, then I am fine with it. Not granting people the freedom of choice means accepting that SI takes a risk when it comes to the golden marketing principle: value for money. The overall value for money for FM2013 would be perceived way different if there still had been freedom of choice. Yes indeed the customer base would be spread amongst 3 or 4 different ME's but the product evaluation would be a lot better. It is a very thin line SI is walking when they have such different updates involving the heart of the game.

Now this is an entirely different discussion and you are a real nice partner to discuss broader matters with, but let's get back on topic :)

Can I ask, 1) Can we go back to one of the other updates or do we have to stay with 13.2.1? 2) If not, why we aren't allowed to go back to one of the other updates? This new one has killed my team! Forwards seem to just not do anything as no through balls are ever played dispite putting through balls on often on everyone in my midfield. I was really enjoying 13.1.3 and had tweaked tactics and was actually winning!

Kriss, you said in another thread: 'let's hope the next update restores your enjoyment'. Will we have a 13.2.2 in the following days? :)

No idea and I doubt SI can tell you yet when the next update will be, as always we live in hope :)

Can I ask, 1) Can we go back to one of the other updates or do we have to stay with 13.2.1? 2) If not, why we aren't allowed to go back to one of the other updates? This new one has killed my team! Forwards seem to just not do anything as no through balls are ever played dispite putting through balls on often on everyone in my midfield. I was really enjoying 13.1.3 and had tweaked tactics and was actually winning!

Sorry but no you can't, the aim now is to cure the ills not go backwards.

Just reading through some of the posts right above yours would have saved you your post mate :)

As long as we can agree that in the deliberate decision by SI to get all customers playing on the same versions also lies the risk of failure, then I am fine with it. Not granting people the freedom of choice means accepting that SI takes a risk when it comes to the golden marketing principle: value for money. The overall value for money for FM2013 would be perceived way different if there still had been freedom of choice. Yes indeed the customer base would be spread amongst 3 or 4 different ME's but the product evaluation would be a lot better. It is a very thin line SI is walking when they have such different updates involving the heart of the game.

Now this is an entirely different discussion and you are a real nice partner to discuss broader matters with, but let's get back on topic :)

You have to remember tho, the vast majority were supposively unhappy with the last patch, now all of a sudden people were desperate to keep it, which kinda ties into the point a lot of us make when we say the unhappy group are always more vocal than the happy group, where were all these people in the 13.1.3 feedback thread arguing that is was good? They were off enjoying the game, or didnt care enough (in terms of feeling they had to post) to get involved.

But your right, if we want to carry on we can PM each other :) Happy FM-ing!

Sorry but no you can't, the aim now is to cure the ills not go backwards.

Fairly frustrating as we are the paying customer, we should be able to choose which version of the game we want to play?! This one for me has ruined the game as the quite simply the players dont do what they you tell them to do. And you might expect that from lower league players, but as Arsenal and with calibre of players I have I just dont expect it?! I dont blame SI, their only trying to help and make the best game possible, but this is the first update that has actually stopped me playing the game.

Do any of the bugs render the game broken or unplayable? No

I'm not sure about it, If I want to play quick counter attacking with tons of through balls to pacey wingers or forwards and I'm unable to do that because ME won't allow it - then it's unplayable for me. If my players are trying long shots when I told them not to do it - then it's unplayable for me etc.

For me though balls are biggest issue right now - I think that solving it will also help alot with long shot problem. At least few long shots in a match are beacuse players don't try thought balls to more advenced players, instead they dribble and suddenly they are in spot when long shot is their only option.

Maybe this ME have a lot of potential - i don't know. But right now i feel kind a dumb - I have become a beta tester and funniest thing about it is that I paid for this honor.

I'm not sure about it, If I want to play quick counter attacking with tons of through balls to pacey wingers or forwards and I'm unable to do that because ME won't allow it

Except it does allow it. I regularly score (and concede) goals from through balls. What I'm not seeing so much now - as opposed to the first release - is defenders simply stopping when a through ball is made, meaning the striker has all day to run in on goal. Defenders react much better to them, now as they should, meaning it's trickier for the forward to score. They still happen though. As I posted earlier, I had a run of 5/6 games where there was at least one goal scored via a through ball.

Except it does allow it. I regularly score (and concede) goals from through balls. What I'm not seeing so much now - as opposed to the first release - is defenders simply stopping when a through ball is made, meaning the striker has all day to run in on goal. Defenders react much better to them, now as they should, meaning it's trickier for the forward to score. They still happen though. As I posted earlier, I had a run of 5/6 games where there was at least one goal scored via a through ball.

Does through balls were from CM or from Trequarista or DLF or FB ?

So why were there howls of derision all the way through that update's lifespan? All I hear now is how this 13.1.3 update was the best thing ever, yet at the time, very few were vocally defensive of it. And anyone who was, was labelled a 'fanboy' or other such nonsense.

There are people who will simply never be happy with the match engine on this game, because their expectations are hugely unrealistic.

You talk about 'simple truth'. Here is the the simple truth.

Is this match engine perfect? No.

Are there still bugs in the game? Yes

Do any of the bugs render the game broken or unplayable? No

Is this current match engine the best yet in the series? Yes.

THAT is the simple truth. Deal with it.

Actually it is very insulting to SI to state this is currently the best ME in the series. I believe SI has created some fantastic FM games with great ME's, by stating that this is the best ME, you are basically saying their previous work was really bad... not very nice of you. Unless of course this post is meant humorously, in which case LOL.

I think it's very subjective to say the game is broken or not. The ME is probably the core game play for people who like the tactical aspect of FM. I myself pretty much skip the entire tactical aspect of the game, simply chose a standard 4-4-2 tactic supplied by the game, watch matches commentary only, and enjoy the player buying / squad building / financial control (this area needs a lot more work than the ME imho. :)) / staff building / ...

And even I noticed the same things mentioned here above, many long shots, and a **** tons of goals since last update. I have strikers breaking all records for goals scored, and 5-0 6-0 games are no exception any more, but happen quite regularly.

I feel this should probably be toned down, but after 7 pages of feedback, minus maybe 5 of back and forth arguing, I'm sure this has already been covered.

Actually it is very insulting to SI to state this is currently the best ME in the series. I believe SI has created some fantastic FM games with great ME's, by stating that this is the best ME, you are basically saying their previous work was really bad... not very nice of you. Unless of course this post is meant humorously, in which case LOL.

That's an incredibly warped way of looking at it :D it says nothing of the sort.

I play a pretty basic 4-4-2, and I'd say the majority of through balls come from my AP, although there's been a few from wide players too.

Then try to achieve through balls to IF's or Wingers in 451, 4231. If you really can do it and provide some evidences - I won't complain about ME any more.

Then try to achieve through balls to IF's or Wingers in 451, 4231. If you really can do it and provide some evidences - I won't complain about ME any more.

I'll give that a go on one of my other saves. I warn you though, the last time I posted evidence of goals scored by through balls, the mods deleted the posts, so you'll have to be quick!!

I'll give that a go on one of my other saves. I warn you though, the last time I posted evidence of goals scored by through balls, the mods deleted the posts, so you'll have to be quick!!

Nah you're okay this time, if you avoid the leading comments :)

Bom o FM13 ta complicado cada vez q saiu uma atualização conserta algo e estraga outra, parece que sempre é Feito pra favorecer a AI(maquina) do jogo, acabaram a simulação que trazia diversão, agora passa mais raivado do que se diverte, não importa se vc esta com o Barcelona se vc for jogar contra um time fraco vc passa raiva pra ganhar, se for jogar com um time fraco contra o barcelona vc passa raiva. Percebe que a AI(maquina) equilibra os times fracos ou piores q o seu com o seu time.

Time da AI(maquina) - As táticas 100% (começa assim), já sabem se defender de bola parada e atacar de bola parada,

o atacante se tiver uma unica chance de gol ele coloca na rede.

Meu Time (ou seu) - As táticas 0% (começa assim na maioria das vezes), não sabem defender de bola parada e não sabem atacar de bola parada, vc tem 10 oportunidade e se marcar 1 gol é com com muito sufoco.

Percebe que a uma grande desvantagem, todo time q vc começa praticamente começa do zero, não sabem defender bolas paradas e nem atacar bolas paradas, não sabem nada de táticas.

A Pior coisa no FM13 - É que os jogadores não obedecem as táticas individuais (ou entra em conflito com as táticas do time, nos outros FM não tinha isso). Aqui é onde morra a vantagem da AI(maquina) sem as táticas individuais o jogador fica previsível e obedece a AI do jogo, com as táticas individuais é vc (player que controla a movimentação) a AI(maquina) só tem q cumprir o que vc ta mandando fazer mais isso não acontece, vc manda conrta pelo meio e o jogador vai parar la na bandeira de escanteio.

Bom se fizer uma Enquete sobre as taticas todos vão ver que 85% dos jogadores de FM13 não estão estão satisfeito com essa do FM13. Então sugiro a Sigames lanças uma tática que funcione e colocar ela de demostração, não precisa de colocar pra Download pode colocar um Video de um jogo completo pra que todos possamos ver as táticas funcionando plenamente como todos da Sigames estão falando, ja que a culpa é nossa que não conseguimos fazer as taticas funcionarem. Feliz ano novo a todos..

I am not disputing that there is way too many long shots or their accuracy ,, you only have to read my previous comments. However I just wondered if perhaps this also has something to do with what is being selected to be seen in the highlights.

I just played my last game of the season (and my last until new patch),, against Celtic at Ibrox. It was one of the most one sided OF games I have seen for awhile (for me thankfully),, during the highlights I barely remember seeing Celtic have a shot,, only a couple at best. As usual tho my team where shooting at every opportunity ,, most going wide or over and a few hitting the post.

The stats tho after showed 25 shots for me and 14 for them, on target 9 me and 6 them,, with me winning eventually just 1-0!!

Perhaps the highlights are showing every shot attempt by your own side and only key ones by your op,, giving an impression of more wasted shots and chances. Like I said I'm not disputing that there are too many of these long shots,, but just the stats afterwards didnt represent what I had just been watching either.

I should also add that im playing on extended highlights

GamePlay

- Players think they're Maradona and go on crazy runs past 6 players

- Players shoot way too often instead of passing or slipping a through ball through

- Too many back-passes go wrong and get intercepted

- Not enough variation in goals like in real life

- Defenders positioning is poor, I have mine set quite deep and not to press until they come into the area but half the time they run way too far up trying to press leaving a huge gap behind them

- All the players positional play is poor tbh

- Players need to cover their team mates better

- I play with good wingers, wide football but I rarely see a cross when I have all the things set up for which crosses should be coming in lots (don't over-power them though, would just like to see a few more)

- At the moment it seems that if any little clever through ball is played behind my defenders they just stand still for the ST to run onto, surely they should be doing all they can to get a block in or run behind the GK to stop it on the line JT style?

Graphical:

- Players coming out from a tunnel, shaking hands, national anthems being sung for internationals.

- When winning/losing a league or trophy, I'd love to see a ceremony, either something happening on the pitch with fireworks, lifting the trophy, collecting the medals or walking up the stadium and lifting the trophy in the stand like they do for the FA Cup. Guess this would just add something for those like myself who play in 3D and would kind of give you more of a thrill when winning things.

- Not enough realistic GK animations, for example I'v never seen a GK bring a player down when he's trying to go round him which is one of the most common things within football, neither do they dive at players feet enough.

Training:

- Being able to select more than one player when doing anything with individual training. At the moment for example if you wish to select the training workload for players's individual training from Average to Heavy you have to do it one by one and tbh that's a ball-ache. It's the same with all the features within Individual training.

- When selecting what a player should try to learn, for example 'Avoid using weaker foot', it would be great if before you chose, your assistant gave you options of what he thinks would be best for him. I know he does that if he doesn't agree on what you chose the player to learn but a few opinions beforehand would be great. Again with being able to select more than one player at a time this would be handy as you could select all your LM/LW players to 'Run down left flank as much as possible'.

In-Game

- When praising a players recent form the only options are that he's improved? what about just being able to say, you've been class recently well done?

- Interactions with referee's for when something happens during/after a game?

- Would love more interactions in general with everyone.

- Team talks at half time are rubbish and not detailed enough. Should be able to do more detailed shouts during the game.

- Transfers are awful on FM, teams buy players they don't need and half of them are shocking buys.

- When you do a team-talk to one player, another one is affected by what you say? bug, or?

:applause: for almost everything

Bom o FM13 ta complicado cada vez q saiu uma atualização conserta algo e estraga outra, parece que sempre é Feito pra favorecer a AI(maquina) do jogo, acabaram a simulação que trazia diversão, agora passa mais raivado do que se diverte, não importa se vc esta com o Barcelona se vc for jogar contra um time fraco vc passa raiva pra ganhar, se for jogar com um time fraco contra o barcelona vc passa raiva. Percebe que a AI(maquina) equilibra os times fracos ou piores q o seu com o seu time.

Time da AI(maquina) - As táticas 100% (começa assim), já sabem se defender de bola parada e atacar de bola parada,

Meu Time (ou seu) - As táticas 0% (começa assim na maioria das vezes), não sabem defender de bola parada e não sabem atacar de bola parada, vc tem 10 oportunidade e se marcar 1 gol é com com muito sufoco.

Percebe que a uma grande desvantagem, todo time q vc começa praticamente começa do zero, não sabem defender bolas paradas e nem atacar bolas paradas, não sabem nada de táticas.

A Pior coisa no FM13 - É que os jogadores não obedecem as táticas individuais (ou entra em conflito com as táticas do time, nos outros FM não tinha isso). Aqui é onde morra a vantagem da AI(maquina) sem as táticas individuais o jogador fica previsível e obedece a AI do jogo, com as táticas individuais é vc (player que controla a movimentação) a AI(maquina) só tem q cumprir o que vc ta mandando fazer mais isso não acontece, vc manda conrta pelo meio e o jogador vai parar la na bandeira de escanteio.

Bom se fizer uma Enquete sobre as taticas todos vão ver que 85% dos jogadores de FM13 não estão estão satisfeito com essa do FM13. Então sugiro a Sigames lanças uma tática que funcione e colocar ela de demostração, não precisa de colocar pra Download pode colocar um Video de um jogo completo pra que todos possamos ver as táticas funcionando plenamente como todos da Sigames estão falando, ja que a culpa é nossa que não conseguimos fazer as taticas funcionarem. Feliz ano novo a todos..

This to me sums up all of our issues perfectly, post of the year :) :) :) (my first real attempt at trolling and my sincerest apologies to anyone offended by it)

Neste forum tens que escrever em inglês! :)

In this forum, you must post in english! :)

I see the problem where your wingers don't track back has returned. Opposition fullback's can just walk up the pitch unopposed. Not just isolated incident... constant no matter what instructions wingers are given.

Also the "checks" you put in the "aim at" boxes at free kicks and corners are disappearing.

@ Hunter T - Don't know if you are being sarcastic but that is definitely your tactics. You have a man set to mark the post who is playing everyone on side.

You need to review your defending free kick settings/roles.

all the others are supposed to be marked.

@ Hunter T - Don't know if you are being sarcastic but that is definitely your tactics. You have a man set to mark the post who is playing everyone on side.

You need to review your defending free kick settings/roles.

I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. It's akin to the BGS CM match engine where you could do silly things with set piece settings. Common sense has to prevail there and no matter the settings this sort of positioning should never happen, ever.

33bptmd.jpg[/img]

This is how my team defends a free kick.

Definetly my tactics

Plus my shouts just disappeared for no reason. Lol,this is getting better by the second

Can you post in the bugs forum please? This is an old bug that seems to have worked it's way back in - it's caused by having the man on the post.,

I completely agree with Casual, word by word. I've been playing the game for nearly 20 years (since '93) so I know what I'm talking about. But this is the first time I felt I had to join the forum. TBH FM is the still the best footie manager game around, but the pathetic trolling by some people extremely annoying, to say the least...

A really good example of a stupid goalie and idiot defending:

http://youtu.be/TpARKYWCuAk

I mean, SI, seriously...WTF??? MacZidane will probably say: It's absolutely fine, this happens every week IRL...

Haha, must have missed this last night.

If you can explain to me how giving my own opinions, and responding to others that I don't agree with is 'pathetic trolling' that would be great.

As for the clip you posted - looks like it might be a bug, but as I've never saw anyone else post it, and it's never happened to me either, it would appear to be a one-off graphical glitch, which can happen. Regardless, this is not the place to be posting that, you'd need to post it in the bugs forum.

In my own opinion though, as long as that wasn't happening regularly, it's something that wouldn't really bother me, as there aren't enough player errors in-game, compared to the huge amount you see in real life. Imagine if there was though. Meltdown on here within days :lol:

Archived