*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

Do you remember the "Destroy Team" button in FMRTE ??

---> The DoF is doing exactly the same and I can't stop him!!

eg.:

- He accepts 0€ bids on players like balotelli that I put on TL with remark:"sell for transfer value" !!!

- He takes my assistant manager away and makes him head of youth dev.

- He hires a ridiculously bad ass.man. instead.

my FM13 Beta interpretation: the game is a total chaos !!!

cheers for posting this a second time :thup:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any way, other than waiting to notice it during the highlights, that I can tell from which direction the wind is blowing? I'm finding the strong wind physics a little overdone but I can't find any icon which gives me an idea of whether I'm shooting into the wind, with it at our backs or across the pitch. This information would be very useful.

Well the moaning is about that they have hade some time to make the game and the game is not about making so many changes that its unplayable. They have taken away the essential thing with FM and that is that you build up a team makes tactics and play the game. Now they have taken away the build up a team since it does not matter what you do its all a lottery if you win or loose a game.

The we must ask wtf they have been doing the last year if they took away the thing that is Fm and replaced it with something that does not work and then sell the game and say well we are not going to get this game working when its released but some fixes will be done?

So what they are saying is buy FM14 and that might be working from the start if they dont think they must do 100 changes next year to so its ****ed up again.

So when you moan about that the ball is going trough the net i moan about that they have taken away the big things with FM. I hope they have noticed it themself? They must surely have played the game and thinking wtf have we done we ****ed up.

Respectfully, you act as if any clubs other than United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham have a chance at winning the Premier League in real life. Don't get me started on La Liga. Might as well call it the Barcelona/Real Madrid league...the least competitive of the world's top leagues. Again, it seems that FM is just reflecting reality.

The issue of English clubs winning most of the Champions leagues is an issue if that is really happening on a consistent basis. As is Juventus winning all but one Serie As as the Italian league is pretty competitive.

I mean it's not like 20 years ago Blackburn and Newcastle was dominant and prior to that West Ham the list goes on...

Even 6 years ago Man City was a bouncing team, so what the guy is saying makes sense.

I'm struggling with this version in all honesty.

I'm finding FMC a bit weird to the point where I don't want to play it but, due to recent fatherhood for the first time, was really looking forward to playing. Fog of War put's me off it straight away as it adds a little bit of extra clicking and "days" of scouting where you would have thought not necessary as it defeats the object of simplicity of that version. It also looks and feels a bit too different from the main game whereby, in my opinion, I would have thought the ideal way to go with it is to just create an almost carbon copy of the main game with just bit's stripped out. It feels too much of a seperate game. Even the attributes screens just don't look like FM. Just wrong, plain wrong.

FoW can be removed, but it does cost. The scout in FMC seems to be a bit of a workhorse and can go through and giove you reports much faster and more of them then a scout in full fat FM.

SI couldn't just copy the main game and strip bits out. The modules all interacted with each other so isolating them wouldn't have been an easy job.

The main game's GUI is also weird to the point of confusion. I'm finding the player attributes/profile screen with the various report screens far too confusing. I like the fact you can click on a different position and get an updated position recommendation but dislike the new scout report screen. I felt the old screen was better and more useful - easier to read.

I think that the player screen just takes some getting used it. It holds all the info you need, it's just that it does look too crowded.

I'm fed up of having to click twice to get to the Transfer/Scouting options, similar to FM12. Can we not just have all of the options either on one screen or on a tree like system on much older FM's?

Right click the title bar and you can add shortcuts to most of the club screens including scouting, transfer centre and so on.

The scouting option(s) is/are a bit weird also. It just feels like a new feature has been dumped into th egame with little thought on how to do it properly. I like the idea of a chief scout and I like where the idea is going. I's like it to be presented a bit better.

The skin hurts my eyes after only more than roughly half hour worth of game time. It tires the eyes out to the point where I want to turn it off. Overall, i'm finding it very hard to navigate around the menu's as easily as I have done in past versions. It's a bit like downloading a very different skin to a past game and just feeling lost.

I use a program called F.Lux that mutes the screen. It doesn't make it less bright it makes it "warm" instead of "cool" looking.

The Match Day experience - I would like to be able to set/change a player role when making a substitution. From what i've done so far, you have to make the sub then click elsewhere to change the role of the player. I want to do it as and when I change the player. Please advise if this option is already available because I can't find it.

If you use quick subs then no. I prefer to use the tactics screen anyway and only use the quick subs if a player has taken a knock.

Liking it a lot. My main dispaointment is that you can only select 3 leagues in classic mode... I would like to play the streamlined version but with a large database but don't have that option.

Example with scouts: the more a scouts ability rating the less stars he gives for a player. What kind of ridiculous system !!

Same for ass.man.: we all know Balotelli is an unprofesional player and he CAN NOT develop. BUT all ass.man's report that he can improve a LOT. NEVER HAPPENS

SI NEVER improves any part of this game. Each year same stupid backroom staff, same useless scout reports, same randomness in all what happens...

FM has had his life cycle !!

I haven't played FM13 but I must ask a couple of questions:

First of all, the reduction in stars, could that possibly because the scout has more experience/better judgement and therefore gives a more accurate assessment of a player? Secondly, how do you 'know' that Balotelli "CAN NOT develop"? Is Doc Brown a personal friend? If you're talking about in game, I've seen him develop into a brilliant player a couple of times (and I don't play long-term games that much), so your assertion that it "NEVER HAPPENS" isn't quite correct I'm afraid.

When I stop using my laptop I simply close the lid and it goes to sleep.

FM13 loses half the screen when I boot it back up again. You have to hover over the menu's to see them. I then have to save the game and reload the save.

Would hope that one of the testers used a laptop as this is pretty annoying

I haven't played FM13 but I must ask a couple of questions:

First of all, the reduction in stars, could that possibly because the scout has more experience/better judgement and therefore gives a more accurate assessment of a player? Secondly, how do you 'know' that Balotelli "CAN NOT develop"? Is Doc Brown a personal friend? If you're talking about in game, I've seen him develop into a brilliant player a couple of times (and I don't play long-term games that much), so your assertion that it "NEVER HAPPENS" isn't quite correct I'm afraid.

He NEVER can develop because he has something like 2 for professionalism. It works like that in FM : very low professionalism = NO development.

About player reports = just test it yourself. I'm 200% sure it works that way and nothing else.

I have been testing with all visible and hidden player and staff attributes in FM since 2008. Even if SI says I'm wrong, no I'm right!

Team-talk question:

What is the point in them this year? You rarely get a good reaction from your players and in fact they seem to do much more harm than good, its a lot easier to simply not bother with them. Just 2 mins ago i got a great 3-3 draw with Wigan against Man City, i tell my players after in an assertive manner that 'Everybody thought we would get beaten today, well done for proving them wrong. Great result.' Now you would expect the players to be delighted that their manager was congratulating them on this performance, but nope. Instead they 'switch off' and 'lose focus', complete waste of ****ing time and this isn't a moan just for this one match, it happens EVERY SINGLE GAME.

When I stop using my laptop I simply close the lid and it goes to sleep.

FM13 loses half the screen when I boot it back up again. You have to hover over the menu's to see them. I then have to save the game and reload the save.

Would hope that one of the testers used a laptop as this is pretty annoying

I meant completely shut down FM13 and then boot the whole game up again

I mean it's not like 20 years ago Blackburn and Newcastle was dominant and prior to that West Ham the list goes on...

Even 6 years ago Man City was a bouncing team, so what the guy is saying makes sense.

Okay Blackburn won one title , hardly dominant but fair enough. Newcastle didn't even manage that, but West Ham?

Huh?

When I stop using my laptop I simply close the lid and it goes to sleep. FM13 loses half the screen when I boot it back up again. You have to hover over the menu's to see them. I then have to save the game and reload the save. Would hope that one of the testers used a laptop as this is pretty annoying
Have the exact same problem and is very annoyingIf you minimise FM and close the laptop then. When I reopen my laptop Windows is the first thing loaded up and FM works

Okay Blackburn won one title , hardly dominant but fair enough. Newcastle didn't even manage that, but West Ham?

Huh?

My point is minus Manchester United, the EPL has had different top 4 clubs in the past which is why I would expect another team to win it 30 years later or break the dominance

I can't get on page 19 of this thread for some reason..

Anyway, a few people have already posted this in here. But the squad screens really are looking mis-matched/ hard to look at on FM13. Because of all the different bar colours.. it's all dark grey when no players are selected & 2 different colours for when a player is selected, and when a player is a selected substitute.

I keep thinking I've got some players selected/highlighted (the tick icon next to their names ticked)

This confused me for a bit until I worked out what it was, and now I like it. If you sort by PKD it is a really effective way of seeing at a glance who is in the first team and who is not.

Is there no option to zoom the matchday camera in the game? I thought this was mentioned in one of the video blogs but I haven't been able to see how to do it.

No biggie if it's been taken out, would have been good but I just can't find it.

I seem to average 1 disallowed goal a game and I am not exaggerating.

It's getting ridiculous.

This.

Managing a couple of teams, watch all games on key highlights and i'm seeing disallowed goals way too often in my opinion, hopefully when the goal scoring is tweaked this too is tweaked.

cheers.

Is there no option to zoom the matchday camera in the game? I thought this was mentioned in one of the video blogs but I haven't been able to see how to do it.

No biggie if it's been taken out, would have been good but I just can't find it.

Use the mouse scroll while a highlight is running.

I, too, get a lot of disallowed goals. I guess it is a cosmetic issue that the players carry actions while offside, where in reality they know they are offside and stop. On the other hand, the players in BSS are pretty terrible and maybe it happens also in real life?

Use the mouse scroll while a highlight is running.

I, too, get a lot of disallowed goals. I guess it is a cosmetic issue that the players carry actions while offside, where in reality they know they are offside and stop. On the other hand, the players in BSS are pretty terrible and maybe it happens also in real life?

OK thanks, I tried that but no luck - will give it another go as it might have been my mouse.

Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread, but I couldn't see it in my search.

I can't see any option to set previous football experience in the player profile. Has this been removed? It's not a huge deal, but I did like having a slight leg-up by selecting "international player". :)

Would anyone mind letting me know what coaching qualifications do? Do they actually improve your coaches attributes or just reputation? Anyone experienced any difference to a coach after coming back from taking a qualification?
They will increase his ability and reputation.

This was posted earlier in response to a similar question.

Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread, but I couldn't see it in my search.

I can't see any option to set previous football experience in the player profile. Has this been removed? It's not a huge deal, but I did like having a slight leg-up by selecting "international player". :)

You create a profile before starting up a new game, then once the game has been loaded up and you are making a manager, you can set your rep, unless you are asking about FMC in which case I don't know as i have not tried it

My own overall thoughts.

I like a lot of the additions in theory. The DoF for example I loved. However having played for a bit he just seems a waste of time. He's yet to bid for any player I've actually targeted, and the ones he has bid for have just not been particularly good and I've cancelled the transfer.

I'm really disappointed by the press conferences. I'd much rather this was either taken out entirely or we got a something somewhat original in the questions.

I like the idea of having to adhere to club philosophies (bring youth through, playing attacking football etc.)

The match engine...At the end of the day this is likely to be the major talking point.

I haven't noticed the huge amount of goals from crosses that some have seen. I have seen too many times players just passively looking at the ball as it rolls past them. I've seen too many scrambles in the box with 5 or 6 people standing around the ball but no one seemingly actually trying to kick it.

Also...I don't know if it's my laptop or the engine...but at times it seems like I'm watching an engine designed for the old Eastside Hockey Manager. Both sets of playerslook like they're playing on ice and skating past the puck before stopping themselves to gain control. I never noticed this anywhere near as bad in FM12. Is anyone else having that issue? is it my laptop? or was it like that in '12 too and I just never noticed.

So far I'm enjoying. There are issues, as I expected there to be. However I'm not demanding a refund or calling for Armageddon. I think some of the player stats seem a tad odd but they've been brought up on the appropriate databases by others, and I by no means feel I'm an expert on those things. Worst case situation on those I'll use the editor to change them to the reality as i see it as opposed to other more educated and knowledgeable than I.

I've searched and I can't find anything, but when I click on a result I get the full match report screen. I know you can right click on the result and get Player Stats, but is there any way making this the default like it used to.

I go to Preferences->Profile->Match and nothing seems to make any difference.

I really don't like the Match Screen.

Im a creature of habit, and simply don't like change. However, i do see a lot of potential in FM13. Main issues ive experienced:

1. Navigation/Interface - I get lost. so many different things to click on. Previous versions seemed to be much more streamlined and less cluttered. One of the best games i ever played was PM3, and that bad boy was as simple as it got. I love all the new information etc, but the current layout seems time consuming and less effective then those of the past. There's alot of grey's that get mixed up together, and not only hurts the eyes, but looks very confusing. Im sure things like this will be edited and sorted by the skin experts, but ive tradtionally stuck with the FM skin for its simplicity and efficiency. All of a sudden its cluttered and looks very 'cartoonish'. Same can be said for matchday, i love all the new information, but its just too cluttered. need to find a better way of presenting this new informatinon

2. Matchplay - Its Beta. There are alot of issues, and i think peoples main worry is "can they sort out this many issues in 2 weeks"?. Defenders dont defend, central midfielders are pointless, wingers dont track, strikers have no movement, and the only way to score is having your winger beat 4 players (with ease) and whip in pin point crosses to the 1 man standing alone of the 6 yard box while 6 defenders stand in the 18 yard box having a tea party. It all seems very strange, and normally at this stage of development, you'd expect these things to be rectified, and the main issues they'd be facing are graphical bugs, database issue, crash codes and the minor glitch in gameplay - like passing back to your keeper and him letting it roll in the net 3 times a game!

3. Training - NEW! gonna take some getting used to. I think its one region of the game SI has never been able to get right, so we'll see how this goes. Looks ok, alittle confusing, but hopefully someone will spend the time analysing it and write an informative write up on the T&T forum.

I am very excited for a new match engine, and hopefully it turns out to be a success, considering the price of FM has been bumped up by $20!.

First time I've bought a FM game and I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed. Everything off the pitch looks great to me, I love the detail, the training, transfers, etc. The actual play of the match is embarrassingly bad. Crosses are never defended by my defenders or goalie no matter what I do and I can't find a way to keep the other team from routinely passing ball around unhindered just 30 yards out. I feel as if I have no control over my team and if we play well or poorly is simply how many crosses we get off vs the opponent. If I have no control over the matches it dampens my enthusiasm for the rest of the game. Hopefully this gets fixed but the fact that any version of the game got released with such a poor match engine reflects poorly, it's an issue that is extremely clear after 2-3 matches played they should have caught this early in the testing process.

I don't know how well they can fix it seeing how huge an issue it is and how much of an overhaul the match engine needs (which I figure is the hardest, and by far the most important, part of the game to build)

Just got sacked as a Liverpool manager because I refused to play with wingers while most opponents scored through crosses. This ain't the 90s when Stuart Ripley and Jason Wilcox ran down the wings to put in crosses for Shearer and Sutton! Football has changed a lot and SI really need to adapt. Maybe hire an international tactic consultant?

A lot of this has already been said, but in hope that another voice will improve the chance of a quick fix:

- Way, way too many goals in my save, despite playing a fairly defensive formation. In opening 8 matches lowest scoreline has been a 3-0.

- Wide play looks ridiculous. Wingers consistently glide past fullbacks like they aren't there, something pretty rare in modern football.

- Too many penalties.

- I've had a couple of goals where the ball has actually gone through the net on the 2D classic view.

- Getting lag (maybe 3 seconds) on tactics screen when dragging players into position. My computer isn't the fastest, but in general the game runs fine and this didn't happen on 2012.

- Great job on the deadline day addition.

I just can't believe the interface is this much different from last year's game. I find it almost unplayable. Maybe it's that I'm getting near 30 and therefore my adaptability rating it going down a few points, but it takes about 100 years to look through the player lists and shortlists for the right people. There are too many extra clicks to sign and trial players.

I just can't believe the interface is this much different from last year's game. I find it almost unplayable. Maybe it's that I'm getting near 30 and therefore my adaptability rating it going down a few points, but it takes about 100 years to look through the player lists and shortlists for the right people. There are too many extra clicks to sign and trial players.

It's not your age.

You're just lazy.

I am worried that people just are ok with that they will release a patch later on. Its like going to a store and wanna buy a pair of jeans and come out with shorts and they said they will call me so i can come back to get the shorts done to a pair of jeans.

Back in the days games where finished when they where released now they are lazy and know that people will be ok with a game that is barely playable as long as they release patches long the way.

And some say its good we can test it out and its only a beta well what worries me is if they developers can see the faults themselves as they say its good we points them out. Well i could have spotted most of them myself just by turning on the game so whats wrong with them? Cant they noticed what they have ****ed up?

If they let a game out without any feeling of being a manager as the match engine is the worst i have ever seen and its does not matter what you do or who you have on the pitch is not the most essential thing taken away with the game then? Who cares how the menys look like or how the training is build up if you can change andything as it wont have any effect on the pitch.

People say its a beta well i know it is but the most importnat thing with the game is taken away and that should have been the most importnat thing to get fixed before even releasing a beta. Its not importnat to fix the menues or the training. It should/would be most important to fix the gameplay and maybe changed the questions on the press conference so it would not be the excact same as lat version.

they have concentrated on the wrong things and destroyed the nice feeling of the game from the start and that boys and girls worries me.

But "get scout report", "offer contract" and "make transfer bid" are all just one click away on the player's profile screen? I think it's just a case of getting used to it. Now that I've centered myself the new skin makes FM a lot quicker for me.

You can always right-click when looking at players in a list too so you don't even need to view their profiles to make bids, offer contracts and scout etc.

A lot of this has already been said, but in hope that another voice will improve the chance of a quick fix:

- Way, way too many goals in my save, despite playing a fairly defensive formation. In opening 8 matches lowest scoreline has been a 3-0.

- Wide play looks ridiculous. Wingers consistently glide past fullbacks like they aren't there, something pretty rare in modern football.

- Too many penalties.

- I've had a couple of goals where the ball has actually gone through the net on the 2D classic view.

- Getting lag (maybe 3 seconds) on tactics screen when dragging players into position. My computer isn't the fastest, but in general the game runs fine and this didn't happen on 2012.

- Great job on the deadline day addition.

This is basically what I wanted to post.

I'm hoping and praying the match engine gets fixed.

You create a profile before starting up a new game, then once the game has been loaded up and you are making a manager, you can set your rep, unless you are asking about FMC in which case I don't know as i have not tried it

Unbelievable, I didn't see that even though it was staring me in the face. Thanks for the help!

I am worried that people just are ok with that they will release a patch later on. Its like going to a store and wanna buy a pair of jeans and come out with shorts and they said they will call me so i can come back to get the shorts done to a pair of jeans.

It's BETA. To go with your analogy, we've been allowed into the jean maker's workshop to try on a new batch of pants that are still going through the tailoring process as a thanks for promising to buy the jeans at a later date. Your feedback for the jeans, if reported properly with bug reports, will help everyone get a pair they're happy with come release day.

Back in the days games where finished when they where released now they are lazy and know that people will be ok with a game that is barely playable as long as they release patches long the way.

Games and software have always had bugs but really games are getting more and more complex, with users owning a much wider array of systems making bugs more obvious, especially in a very data heavy programme such as FM.

And some say its good we can test it out and its only a beta well what worries me is if they developers can see the faults themselves as they say its good we points them out. Well i could have spotted most of them myself just by turning on the game so whats wrong with them? Cant they noticed what they have ****ed up?

So spot them, report them in the bugs forums and help them get fixed. This is still testing and we've all got a role to play. Like all programmes in BETA, there will be problems, but they've got just under two weeks to fix them, which by the sounds of it SI are doing their best with. Miles has said on Twitter that his next day off (including weekends) is mid-December.

If they let a game out without any feeling of being a manager as the match engine is the worst i have ever seen and its does not matter what you do or who you have on the pitch is not the most essential thing taken away with the game then? Who cares how the menys look like or how the training is build up if you can change andything as it wont have any effect on the pitch.

People say its a beta well i know it is but the most importnat thing with the game is taken away and that should have been the most importnat thing to get fixed before even releasing a beta. Its not importnat to fix the menues or the training. It should/would be most important to fix the gameplay and maybe changed the questions on the press conference so it would not be the excact same as lat version.

they have concentrated on the wrong things and destroyed the nice feeling of the game from the start and that boys and girls worries me.

But it IS Beta. The ability to "manage" and have your tactics affect the game hasn't been taken away, there are just a few bugs left to hunt down and kill that are hampering the game at the minute. Two weeks may not sound like a lot of time to get the problems fixed but SI are working hard and every bug report counts.

Personally, I see a hell of a lot of progress and potential in the new Match Engine (players now hold each other off, collision detection makes positioning viable and passing looks much better) it just needs our feedback - a source of testers far larger and more varied than the few dozen guys with similar machines in the SI offices - to help discover the issues that can be addressed before launch day.

Isn't it better this is done with a BETA than SI releasing a "finished" untested game and then trying to rush out a patch on release day and the weeks following it?

Before people burst with indignation, it might be worth pointing out a few things about ME development. You guys generally get to see the finished thing. During a Beta, it can take all shapes and sizes. Some builds have too many goals, others too few. What seems to be the case in this build is that full backs are struggling to track the winger and the d-line is staying a few yards too high when the winger attacks the final third. I imagine the goals from crosses scenario is a knock on from fixing something else in the d-line tracking (generally, that it used to drop too deep, too early).

You guys see a totally foobarred ME that will take weeks if not months to fix. It is much more likely that Paul and the testing team will have noticed the two issues and fixed them in a few hours. It is really nowhere near as bad as it look with an untrained eye, believe me. So much good stuff is going on that the crossing issue is obscuring. Forget about that, recognise that it will be fixed (and that it is probably not a difficult fix), and look at other elements of the ME to see what has improved since FM11/12.

Before people burst with indignation, it might be worth pointing out a few things about ME development. You guys generally get to see the finished thing. During a Beta, it can take all shapes and sizes. Some builds have too many goals, others too few. What seems to be the case in this build is that full backs are struggling to track the winger and the d-line is staying a few yards too high when the winger attacks the final third. I imagine the goals from crosses scenario is a knock on from fixing something else in the d-line tracking (generally, that it used to drop too deep, too early).

You guys see a totally foobarred ME that will take weeks if not months to fix. It is much more likely that Paul and the testing team will have noticed the two issues and fixed them in a few hours. It is really nowhere near as bad as it look with an untrained eye, believe me. So much good stuff is going on that the crossing issue is obscuring. Forget about that, recognise that it will be fixed (and that it is probably not a difficult fix), and look at other elements of the ME to see what has improved since FM11/12.

Well said, and i think alot of us understand and agree with everything you said. But with release two weeks away, people are concerned. I purchase alot of games, play alot of Beta's, and im always reading developers and moderators stating that things will be fixed by release date, only for the them not to be. I can accept that games will be released with bugs and glitches, but with only two weeks to go, adjusting and correcting the major flaws in the ME seems optimistic at best.

Heavy gamers have been around long enough now to have paid for plenty of games, played the beta, identify all the faults, only for release date to still have all the faults. then patches over the next 2-4 months rectify the main issues. Where the game is at now, you'd think release date was still a few months away.

Just finished a season - finished 6th with Newcastle (scoring 101, conceding 74: far too high for both?) but won league cup and UEFA cup! PL finished Tottenham, Man City, Aston Villa as 1,2,3.

Enjoying the game play but very high-scoring matches and too many disallowed goals as well.

I'm getting this message this morning after a few days of playing it has been fine now i have tried the usuall "fixes" but it doesnt work

Here is what i have tried

Restart computer

Restarted steam

Offline mode

Task Manager when trying to load the game

Nothing has worked is there a solution to this anything apart from deleting steam?

Team-talk question:

What is the point in them this year? You rarely get a good reaction from your players and in fact they seem to do much more harm than good, its a lot easier to simply not bother with them. Just 2 mins ago i got a great 3-3 draw with Wigan against Man City, i tell my players after in an assertive manner that 'Everybody thought we would get beaten today, well done for proving them wrong. Great result.' Now you would expect the players to be delighted that their manager was congratulating them on this performance, but nope. Instead they 'switch off' and 'lose focus', complete waste of ****ing time and this isn't a moan just for this one match, it happens EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Works for me, I have used that response several times with my Saints team after decent draws with higher level teams and have got good responses and morale increase across the board. What 'paying experience' did you start on? If you are sunday league footballer it might be that your players just don't really respect you that much at the moment.

As for the game as a whole I have two main issues:-

- Game crashes pretty much every week and I have lost some good results (just beat Norwich 6-3 away, beat Man City 1-0 at home) I have about 15 'crash dumps' I need to upload.

- Match Engine needs some work:-

1. First off the whole crossing balls into the box thing is the main issue, Defenders and the GK do not seem to react to the ball in the box, I have conceded goals where the AI takes a free kick from the half way line, it's been floated in and my GK just stands there as the striker heads it in, even though my GK only has to move a tiny bit to intercept the ball before the striker gets there. Same with any ball across, I have had several crosses that have gone along the ground across my 6 yard box and none of my back 4 or GK have moved a muscle to try and clear or intercept it, even if they are already standing in the path of the ball they still don;t clear it. Virtually all wide play results in goals or a clear cut chance. Wingers cross to wingers and get goals all the time.

2. Woodwork. I'm hitting it on average 4 times a game, pretty much every other game I get the post match press conference question about it. It's kind of silly especially when your players are missing sitters and hitting the post all the time.

3. Running/Dribbling, fast players just seem to run in a straight line and that is enough to beat my defender who will just run next to the attacking player. This even happens with fairly slow players (say pace 13) they still easily outpace my full backs (one of whom is clyne who has 16 pace and acceleration) and even if the defender has the head start.

4. Wide players are acting oddly, they shoot from absurd angles and will take the ball to the byline and then try and dribble the ball into the goal round like 3 or 4 players.

5. The ball goes through the goal on several occasions.

6. Seems like if you don't work on 'defend set pieces' in match prep you will conceded from set pieces. Although I think it has a lot to do with the crossing issues. Unmarked people in the box and a lot of goals from corners scored by the feet rather than the head.

I'm liking the rest of the game though, just the match engine to be fiddled with and stop the crashes.

Archived