Group D-Day - England vs Ukraine & Sweden vs France (Gills' title, but Leppard's OP) 19:45

Leppard

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is this? You do realise that they are testing the technology at present.

You do realize that they have been 'testing technology' for years now. Its bureaucratic doubletalk to allow them to delay change as long as possible.

give it a rest

bet you had the same reaction 2 years ago ?

I actually did,I said at the time "what a ****ing joke 2010 and still using a man who may or may not see it when there are other things that can be used".

It had nothing to do with me wanting England out or in the competition just the fact UEFA and FIFA will not embrace technology.

I think it is fair the best team or the team that has the ball over the line the most wins.

Don't get me wrong 2 years ago regardless of that goal England were well beaten but it would have made for a better match.

Dont think they realise it makes games more exciting. Its brilliant when captains go to DRS in cricket, and same when players ask for the video in tennis

Do one with that waiting around lark, if it can't be an instant buzzer to the referee then i don't want it.

Teams calling for the video referee when under the cosh to slow down a match ftl.

Do one with that waiting around lark, if it can't be an instant buzzer to the referee then i don't want it.

Teams calling for the video referee when under the cosh to slow down a match ftl.

its not like it happens every game though, you may get 1 decision a tournament that has to go to the video

You do realize that they have been 'testing technology' for years now. Its bureaucratic doubletalk to allow them to delay change as long as possible.

Private companies are testing the technology.

Hawkeye for football is still not yet perfect or the chip in the ball.

Can someone tell me whats the point of the assistant on the line? Ive yet to see any of them in any game make a correct decision. They seem pointless :confused:

How do you know theyre not making decisions? What are you expecting them to do, march on to the pitch? Theyre in constant dialogue with the ref.

How do you know theyre not making decisions? What are you expecting them to do, march on to the pitch? Theyre in constant dialogue with the ref.

Ive seen about 3 they have got wrong in the last week or so. One the assistant said the ball didnt cross the line for a corner, yet the ref on the penalty spot saw it did and gave the corner. If they cant get stuff like that right why bother

Archived