Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A lot of dutch say Eriksen hasn't progressed in two years. And with Suso getting game time, I'd rather go with him than spend 15-20 mil on a similar player we dont really need if Suso carries on his good progress.

To progress, sometimes you need the competition around you to be higher then before for you to progress beyond. I think he goes to a tougher league he will take those next steps because he will have no choice but to otherwise fade away into mediocrity.

I hate the principle of rewarding someone so heavily when they are so young, done so little and could quite easily go off the boil/off the rails. And going by what Rodgers has said, he hates it too.

I really wish overpaying to keep talent wasn't a necessary evil, but I do think if we want to compete again we have to do it.

I don't think it's overpaying. He's playing at least at a £40k a week level now. It's his level of importance to the team. We need him, he's our best winger by quite a bit. Also, any player can go off the boil, no? Regardless of age. Torres isn't exactly earning his £200k pw at Chelsea for example. It's a risk you take with all players.

That's the reality of things though, if he wasn't quite good enough to get into the first team you'd no doubt be able to give him less money and in a year or twos time he'd be wanting that additional money if he broke through. It's like he's getting punished for developing too quickly.

If you won't give young players x money then you may as well give up on bringing young players through because at 17, 18, 19, whenever they will want that money and they'll get it.

Hardly any of these players are 'worth' 40K a week or 50K a week anyway so I wouldn't use the fact that senior players are getting x means that younger players can't get y and it's up to the manager to handle the attitude, etc aspect of things. Could also build certain incentives into the contract to get up to 40-50K

last season there were rumours he was gonna leave if he didnt get first team games and now theres rumours he wants a massive pay rise. either him or his agent are massive ***** tbh.

I very much doubt it's him that wants a massive pay rise. He probably doesn't even ask for his wages, I expect it's his agent that does, and he has a massive agenda. I think a lot of these kids are very poorly advised.

If he is a massive **** though, I wouldn't want him around.

It could all just be nonsense though.

I very much doubt it's him that wants a massive pay rise. He probably doesn't even ask for his wages, I expect it's his agent that does, and he has a massive agenda. I think a lot of these kids are very poorly advised.

If he is a massive **** though, I wouldn't want him around.

It could all just be nonsense though.

couldnt disagree with that.

sure he does deserve a payrise, he's an international now at 17 too which isnt bad but it should be regulated by his age to some degree.

theres a pretty good argument that it ruins good players as once theyve 'made it' the desire and hunger for the game is lost at an early age. look at balotelli, absolutely outstanding in the euros and showed he actually can be pretty damn good but 99/100 he just couldnt give a ****.

was out last night and joe allen was out (hammered). talking to him and i said why didnt you all celebrate with suarez. he looked at me as if to say why do you think then started laughing and said we were all tired. i laughed and said does anyone like him, he rolled his eyes and said what do you think. then asked him if liverpool were gunna beat wigan on the weekend and he said probably not :D he was ****ed haha.

was out last night and joe allen was out (hammered). talking to him and i said why didnt you all celebrate with suarez. he looked at me as if to say why do you think then started laughing and said we were all tired. i laughed and said does anyone like him, he rolled his eyes and said what do you think. then asked him if liverpool were gunna beat wigan on the weekend and he said probably not :D he was ****ed haha.

love it. do wales not have an international today then?

Does that mean he's saying that nobody likes Suarez?

love it. do wales not have an international today then?

nah. they were in wales for a team meeting in the morning then played golf and went out. joe allen, ashley williams, james collins, david vaughan, chris gunter and david edwards were the ones i seen. Just surprised coleman wasn't out ... and we wonder why we never qualify :D

Have not seen much of Liverpool this year, how is Sahin doing at the mo?

He looks like a classy player, and gets into the box fairly often which is great because we don't have many midfielders who make those runs. On the other hand, he seems to go missing for long periods and doesn't impose himself on games the way a player of his ability really should. Probably what Mourinho meant when he said Sahin was missing something that he would hopefully learn by playing in the PL.

He looks like a classy player, and gets into the box fairly often which is great because we don't have many midfielders who make those runs. On the other hand, he seems to go missing for long periods and doesn't impose himself on games the way a player of his ability really should. Probably what Mourinho meant when he said Sahin was missing something that he would hopefully learn by playing in the PL.

Thank you!

Archived