Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are being done a favour by the fact 4th place is wide open this year and no one seems to be throwing a good run for it. Hopefully we can stay in touch through December and sign a couple of players in January. Then with any luck, kicking on from there might end up being a productive season.

Not denying that, but they are playing soo bad at the moment. Everton are playing really well, and if they can stay injury free then they are favourites I think, but its all about them not getting one or two bad injuries.

Not denying that, but they are playing soo bad at the moment. Everton are playing really well, and if they can stay injury free then they are favourites I think, but its all about them not getting one or two bad injuries.

They also need to hold on to Fellaini in Jan.

it is improbable that a jan window panic signing will salvage this season for liverpool, even if someone arrive I dont think it will help the team finish much better then 7th or 8th anyway.......it might even be better to wait for the summer, do some proper scouting and make sure you get the player you need, while giving the youngsters a proper chance until then

it is improbable that a jan window panic signing will salvage this season for liverpool, even if someone arrive I dont think it will help the team finish much better then 7th or 8th anyway.......it might even be better to wait for the summer, do some proper scouting and make sure you get the player you need, while giving the youngsters a proper chance until then

So what about when we signed Suarez in Jan after selling Torres? that wasn't a panic buy, not going to comment on Carroll tho ;). maybe Dalglish actually think he is good, he would still be playing upfront if Dalglish was at the club.. I actually feel a bit sorry for Carroll the way Rodgers has just condemned him with out even giving him a chance..

i'd say Everton are making a very decent run at it, but their squad is also pretty small, so hopefully they'll mess up somewhere along the way.

It wont last with Everton tho, Couple of there better players will move by the summer, they may have money to spend but id say it's back to mid table after this season.

just because you desperatly need someone in a certain position doesn't mean whoever you get is a panic signing, and no idea why you think signing someone in jan doesn't mean they haven't been scouted and aren't who you want
isn't that sort of the definition of a panic buy? just the mare fact that you desparatly need to sign someone would indicate there's a certain amount of panic about the whole thing and that there's a risk you will rush into buying a player that might not improve the squad at all

What about desperately needing somebody, but putting the research and effort into ensuring that you get precisely the right player? By January, Rogers will have had 4 full months to plan his transfer dealings, so there shouldn't be any hint of panic at all, unless the players he wants aren't available at the prices he wants, in which case he may have to go down his list a little. Either way, it's hardly panic buying.

Unless he buys Bent. :mad:

He's a good player, no doubt, but I don't think he fits into our intended system of play at all. We really wouldn't use his strengths at all, and he'd be another big money flop.

Used correctly, then of course he's good enough, but it would be too much to the expense of other players in the squad.

Newcastle interested in Carroll again, so if they buy him back for half the price, we could get nando back for half the price. Jobs a good un.

That will literally never happen. Nando won't ever come back to us again, he has no reason to.

It would take a record transfer fee for a holding midfielder, something in the range of £30M+, for us to part with him (considering we rated him at £25M before his ability got widely picked up on).

Isn't the luvvie still not bleeding you dry?

isn't that sort of the definition of a panic buy? just the mare fact that you desparatly need to sign someone would indicate there's a certain amount of panic about the whole thing and that there's a risk you will rush into buying a player that might not improve the squad at all

only if you panic while doing it. IF BR takes all of Sept, OCt, Nov and Dec to find a number of players he wants, weighs their pros/cons and availability, chooses his target, and we go out and get him at a decent price, then what's panicky about that?

only if you panic while doing it. IF BR takes all of Sept, OCt, Nov and Dec to find a number of players he wants, weighs their pros/cons and availability, chooses his target, and we go out and get him at a decent price, then what's panicky about that?

It's the Liverpool transfer law that we can't even consider transfer targets until 3pm on transfer deadline day. To be fair things have got better, at least our MD doesn't decide to go on holiday during the transfer window and turn his phone off... that's progression.

Why didn't anybody celebrate, or seem to look pleased when Luis got the equaliser the other day? Everybody looked like they were jogging back to the center with heads bowed. I've only seen the gifs so maybe I missed something, or maybe I'm just reading too much into it but it did look bizarre when he was left completely hanging.

Why didn't anybody celebrate, or seem to look pleased when Luis got the equaliser the other day? Everybody looked like they were jogging back to the center with heads bowed. I've only seen the gifs so maybe I missed something, or maybe I'm just reading too much into it but it did look bizarre when he was left completely hanging.

I prefer it that way, we should only be celebrating if we are winning games anyway, the way they are playing at the moment and the result we are getting means there is nothing really to celebrate.

Gotta love all that rubbish about Suarez not chipping in with the goals.... but yet he's one of the guys leading the goalscoring charts at the moment

Same with a lot of the stuff thrown at Luis, the rest of the country will say anything to portray him in a negative light.

I prefer it that way, we should only be celebrating if we are winning games anyway, the way they are playing at the moment and the result we are getting means there is nothing really to celebrate.

In my opinion a team should celebrate together. A team should also be celebrating a late equaliser at Chelsea, especially in a game pretty much everybody expected to lose. I found the whole thing pretty strange.

RESULTS COMPARISON CHART 2012/13

Southampton = Bolton
Reading = Blackburn
West Ham = Wolves

Last season	This season 	Pts	
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18/08/2012 West Brom v Liverpool        W 0-2           L 3-0 		-3	
26/08/2012 Liverpool v Man City         D 1-1           D 2-2 		-3	
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02/09/2012 Liverpool v Arsenal          L 1-2           L 0-2           -3
15/09/2012 Sunderland v Liverpool       L 1-0           D 1-1           -2
23/09/2012 Liverpool v Man Utd          D 1-1           L 1-2           -3
29/09/2012 Norwich v Liverpool          W 0-3           W 2-5           -3
06/10/2012 Liverpool v Stoke            D 0-0           D 0-0           -3   
20/10/2012 Liverpool v Reading          D 1-1           W 1-0           -1
27/10/2012 Everton v Liverpool          W 0-2           D 2-2           -3
04/11/2012 Liverpool v Newcastle        W 3-1           D 1-1           -5
11/11/2012 Chelsea v Liverpool          W 1-2           D 1-1           -7
17/11/2012 Liverpool v Wigan            L 1-2             
24/11/2012 Swansea v Liverpool          L 0-1             
28/11/2012 Tottenham v Liverpool        L 4-0             
01/12/2012 Liverpool v Southampton      W 3-1             
08/12/2012 West Ham v Liverpool        	W 0-3             
15/12/2012 Liverpool v Aston Villa     	D 1-1             
22/12/2012 Liverpool v Fulham           L 0-1             
26/12/2012 Stoke v Liverpool            L 1-0             
29/12/2012 QPR v Liverpool             	L 3-2             
01/01/2013 Liverpool v Sunderland       D 1-1             
12/01/2013 Man Utd v Liverpool          L 2-1             
19/01/2013 Liverpool v Norwich          D 1-1             
30/01/2013 Arsenal v Liverpool          W 0-2             
02/02/2013 Man City v Liverpool         L 3-0             
09/02/2013 Liverpool v West Brom        L 0-1             
23/02/2013 Liverpool v Swansea         	D 0-0             
02/03/2013 Wigan v Liverpool           	D 0-0             
09/03/2013 Liverpool v Tottenham        D 0-0             
16/03/2013 Southampton v Liverpool      L 3-1             
30/03/2013 Aston Villa v Liverpool      W 0-2             
06/04/2013 Liverpool v West Ham        	W 2-1             
13/04/2013 Reading v Liverpool          W 2-3             
20/04/2013 Liverpool v Chelsea          W 4-1             
27/04/2013 Newcastle v Liverpool        L 1-2             
04/05/2013 Liverpool v Everton          W 3-0             
12/05/2013 Fulham v Liverpool           L 1-0             
19/05/2013 Liverpool v QPR              W 1-0             

In those next 10 (well, 9 not inc Spurs), last year we won 2 drawn 1 and lost 7(jesus ****). This will be our time to claw points back. Especially now we are seven points worse off than last year in fixture comparison.

Archived