Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

This is what happens when the club accepts mediocrity and thinks 7th place is a magnificent season - simply put you will lose your top players with lofty ambitions like that Brendan. No surprise the top, top clubs will be circling us like vultures for our better players.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you not hear Rodgers after the chelsea game saying 7th place would be a magnificent achievement this season? This is now the height of our ambitions dontcha know.

It would be with the shambles of a squad we have, or should we be aiming for top 4? You couldn't have seriously expected much better than 7th after the transfer window, if you did then you're seriously deluding yourself.

As I said a while ago, this season is a write off, or transitional.

Did you not hear Rodgers after the chelsea game saying 7th place would be a magnificent achievement this season? This is now the height of our ambitions dontcha know.

Surely you'll be aiming for the CL next season? A one off 7th place whilst you strengthen the squad is different to only ever wanting to finish 7th.

7th clearly wouldn't be a magnificent achievement, it would be slightly below par but acceptable. There are 5 stronger teams than Liverpool in this league, finishing 5th would be very good and CL qualification would be magnificent. 7th means you've slipped up a bit and allowed Newcastle or Everton to overtake you.

Chang has 'left by mutual agreement', heading back to the US for 'family reasons'

Definitely booted then I'm guessing over the whole internet blogger affair. Can't believe what a clown move that was.

e: Could be family reasons actually. Apparently his family home was in the area hit by the storm.

Any sentence containing "apparently" should be ignored and the user infractioned.

Including this one.

Haha; I could remove it and say that I know exactly why we pulled out. However that would be erroneous, I was just saying what has been most widely suggested.

Surely you'll be aiming for the CL next season? A one off 7th place whilst you strengthen the squad is different to only ever wanting to finish 7th.

7th clearly wouldn't be a magnificent achievement, it would be slightly below par but acceptable. There are 5 stronger teams than Liverpool in this league, finishing 5th would be very good and CL qualification would be magnificent. 7th means you've slipped up a bit and allowed Newcastle or Everton to overtake you.

You mean the Newcastle and Everton that were above us last season?

i'd say what matters is how we perform in Feb-May, and how that would extrapolate to a final position if pts per game were extended to the whole season. that's the stat i most care about.

we've had 6 draws so far, genuinely think a far more experienced attacker or two could have turned half those into wins, which would have put us 2pts off 4th, plus we should have Lucas back. hopeful.

Reina, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Allen, Gerrard, Suso, Sterling Suarez, Enrique.

Personally I think we'll just line up our standard 4-3-3 shape with Enrique left wing, and Suso the furthest forward of the 3 in midfield. A few journos on twitter reckon it's three at the back though with Johnson and Enrique as wing backs.

Henderson on for Suso after 35 mins, haven't noticed him take a knock but obv something happened.

Commentators also saying that he seemed fine, gone to 4231 with Enrique wide left it seems.

Henderson on for Suso after 35 mins, haven't noticed him take a knock but obv something happened.

Commentators also saying that he seemed fine, gone to 4231 with Enrique wide left it seems.

Bbc seem to think he had a knock on the ankle.

Archived