Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No idea why you think Rafa's going to be good for us.

It might be because, being a former manager here, we know a little better what he's capable of rather some clown who has little idea how he sets his teams up.

Of course, maybe when you have another manager who beats Real 4-0...

Infuriating that a) he's gone to Chelsea and b) the vast majority if their fans are showing such little respect for such a top, top manager. I want him to rub it in their faces so much, but that would mean Chelsea being formidable :( such a conundrum this.

Infuriating that a) he's gone to Chelsea and b) the vast majority if their fans are showing such little respect for such a top, top manager. I want him to rub it in their faces so much, but that would mean Chelsea being formidable :( such a conundrum this.

Agree with this.

I think Chelsea will win the league this year, all they have to do is drop David Luiz and play Cahill / Ivanonic together at centre half and they'll cruise it.

Hahaha at SSN. Rafa's just head and shoulders above Houllier although I do think that we don't generally give Houllier enough credit for how good he was pre-heart attack.

I'm confident that this will be a win-win for Rafa. Do well, and I think he will, and he might get some small bit of the vast amount of respect that he deserves. Only do alright or not great and he's like 8 of the other 9 managers they've had.

**** off SSN, the place he got us to given what he had to begin with was phenominal. The wheels came off at the end a little, but it wasn't entirely his fault. Just because the club he now manages has some so called supporters who act like *****, it in no way negates the bond he had and still has with Liverpool and the families of the 96. Stop being a dick just for the sake of it, not big, nor clever.

People see him as some sort of God. So he went and joined a club whose fans were mocking the 96 just after the recent reports. Brill.

So he can't work for a club who has a minority group of fans who are inconsiderate idiots? Then he'd never get a job.

Liverpool turned their back on him and sacked him, he doesn't owe us anything but he still comes through for the 96. Top guy.

**** off SSN, the place he got us to given what he had to begin with was phenominal. The wheels came off at the end a little, but it wasn't entirely his fault. Just because the club he now manages has some so called supporters who act like *****, it in no way negates the bond he had and still has with Liverpool and the families of the 96. Stop being a dick just for the sake of it, not big, nor clever.

Exactly this. I've not been on RAWK yet but I imagine amount of fans who are going to respond with the same nonsense Hillsborough reference is going to be pathetic. It's undeniable what LFC means to Rafa, no matter who he manages now. Not one other manager in the recent past (or present) has done anywhere near as much for the disaster.

Not one other manager in the recent past (or present) has done anywhere near as much for the disaster.

kenny did a fair bit tbf, but the point is he had no affinity with the club and indeed didnt even live in this country when it happened but still took it to heart and showed true compassion to the cause when he came.

we can argue over his abilities as a manager forever but this makes him a legend in my book.

2012/13

Alberto Aquilani with 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 games for Fiorentina

Dirk Kuyt with 5 goals and 1 assist in 7 games for Fenerbache

Tom Ince with 10 goals and 6 assists in 15 games for Blackpool

Well this is pointless.

Aquilani wanted to leave and it sounded like Rodgers rated him anyway.

Kuyt is playing for the best/second best team in a weaker league so is obviously going to do better (he may be playing upfront too?)

Ince wouldn't be at this level if we'd have kept him in our reserves (which would have happened because up untilt his year the youth got no chance at all), just like Pique, Rossi, Shawcross wouldn't have got to their level had they stayed at Utd and not gotten anywhere near as much gametime.

I hope he fails. That's nothing personal, just that he's gone to a club that we will, hopefully, be competing closely against in the next few years.

Come on Rafa, mess up!

read the first line of that thinking it was a reply to my post of Wilson going on loan to Bristol City. seemed a bit over the top

Archived