Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Been saying this for ages. We need to try games without him and use him as an impact sub more. How's the game panning out? 1-0 to Swansea written all over it?

Once Lucas is back you'd imagine that will be exactly his role.

Hopefully that is that for Downing, just pointless.

What an absolute waste that 2 on 1 was, guilt edged chance. We don't deserve to win games missing so many chances.

Yep, it was really poor, but that's what happens when we have to play inexperienced kids. It's ridiculous that Sterling is now one of our main men.

RESULTS COMPARISON CHART 2012/13

Southampton = Bolton
Reading = Blackburn
West Ham = Wolves

Last season	This season 	Pts	
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18/08/2012 West Brom v Liverpool        W 0-2           L 3-0 		-3	
26/08/2012 Liverpool v Man City         D 1-1           D 2-2 		-3	
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02/09/2012 Liverpool v Arsenal          L 1-2           L 0-2           -3
15/09/2012 Sunderland v Liverpool       L 1-0           D 1-1           -2
23/09/2012 Liverpool v Man Utd          D 1-1           L 1-2           -3
29/09/2012 Norwich v Liverpool          W 0-3           W 2-5           -3
06/10/2012 Liverpool v Stoke            D 0-0           D 0-0           -3   
20/10/2012 Liverpool v Reading          D 1-1           W 1-0           -1
27/10/2012 Everton v Liverpool          W 0-2           D 2-2           -3
04/11/2012 Liverpool v Newcastle        W 3-1           D 1-1           -5
11/11/2012 Chelsea v Liverpool          W 1-2           D 1-1           -7
17/11/2012 Liverpool v Wigan            L 1-2           W 3-0           -4
24/11/2012 Swansea v Liverpool          L 0-1           D 0-0           -3
28/11/2012 Tottenham v Liverpool        L 4-0             
01/12/2012 Liverpool v Southampton      W 3-1             
08/12/2012 West Ham v Liverpool        	W 0-3             
15/12/2012 Liverpool v Aston Villa     	D 1-1             
22/12/2012 Liverpool v Fulham           L 0-1             
26/12/2012 Stoke v Liverpool            L 1-0             
29/12/2012 QPR v Liverpool             	L 3-2             
01/01/2013 Liverpool v Sunderland       D 1-1             
12/01/2013 Man Utd v Liverpool          L 2-1             
19/01/2013 Liverpool v Norwich          D 1-1             
30/01/2013 Arsenal v Liverpool          W 0-2             
02/02/2013 Man City v Liverpool         L 3-0             
09/02/2013 Liverpool v West Brom        L 0-1             
23/02/2013 Liverpool v Swansea         	D 0-0             
02/03/2013 Wigan v Liverpool           	D 0-0             
09/03/2013 Liverpool v Tottenham        D 0-0             
16/03/2013 Southampton v Liverpool      L 3-1             
30/03/2013 Aston Villa v Liverpool      W 0-2             
06/04/2013 Liverpool v West Ham        	W 2-1             
13/04/2013 Reading v Liverpool          W 2-3             
20/04/2013 Liverpool v Chelsea          W 4-1             
27/04/2013 Newcastle v Liverpool        L 1-2             
04/05/2013 Liverpool v Everton          W 3-0             
12/05/2013 Fulham v Liverpool           L 1-0             
19/05/2013 Liverpool v QPR              W 1-0             

There is a severe lack of movement that's a major issue. If our fullbacks are running forward, the wingers don't even bother to make forward runs or run in to channels beyond the oppos full backs. And vice versa. Everything on the wings becomes so so static and causes a breakdown in attacks. What Enrique does is the minimal standard for attacks from the wings; but because he's the only one who does it, we see him as a God. Wingers and fullbacks alike should be doing what Enrique does week in, week out.

With Lucas back, Gerrard will hopefully stay further up the pitch and not find the need to sprint back all the time. He really did look like a shadow of his former self today, he seems to struggle to find a yard of space near the box these days. Also need another striker to mix things up when Luis isn't getting it his way, which is going to happen from time to time as we can't expect him to play brilliant every game.

Downing really needs to go, mean't to ask earlier how much longer Kelly is out so we can shift Johnson to LB and play Jose at LM as he looks refreshed in that role. Otherwise sign a LM who Jose can actually link up with as its clear as day that him and Downing don't click at all. Sterling needs more rest time also, would be much better coming from the bench sometimes but unfortunately we aren't in a position to do that. Great to get a clean sheet for Pepe today, showed signs of what he is capable off and also showed no fear in going into Dyer which was a must make block.

That's what I mean. Enrique is just a standard winger, but we are in awe of him because all the rest of our wingers are turd. I'd demand a striker and a winger in January. Or two Godly wingers that can also play up front if needed. I basically want another two Suarezs.

james rodriguez and cavani will do me :thup:

We only played well for 15 mins before half time and we should have scored or we were a bit unlucky. What I couldnt get was how slow we were in terms of passing and dropping way too deep when the opponents have the ball.

The only postive being is that we have only lost 1 away game in the prem this season.

A draw is a positive result in all honesty. Considering we are in transition and playing ok at best most of the time, we're only 5pts off Everton who have started very well.

I disagree here, we need to turn draws (now 7 for the season) into wins and we should have won this game. It's a dropped 2 points.

On a different day it could have been 2-0 or 3-0. We didn't play poorly as a team, we did create opportunities. Hoping we get Lucas back asap because Allen is beginning to look poor in his role, gives away far too many free-kicks in dangerous positions.

Regardless, we turned a loss last season into a draw this season, and improvement like that is what we need to be doing.

If we get rid of Cole/Downing in January, which is the plan, and fail to bring in at least three forwards, then alarm bells will start ringing, especially after the last bizarre transfer window. We couldn't realistically expect to challenge for anything with a squad so small, and young.

What worries me is I already know that we won't be bringing in three forwards, no matter who goes out, so our squad could well end up looking smaller than it already does.

If we get rid of Cole/Downing in January, which is the plan, and fail to bring in at least three forwards, then alarm bells will start ringing, especially after the last bizarre transfer window. We couldn't realistically expect to challenge for anything with a squad so small, and young.

What worries me is I already know that we won't be bringing in three forwards, no matter who goes out, so our squad could well end up looking smaller than it already does.

I've said this for a while, people need to be very wary of our owners in my opinion.

I'll be surprised if we don't bring in a forward in January, just don't think it's going to be a massive name player like everyone is hoping for. Got to remember that we have Borini here as well, add in Luis and another Striker and that's about the limit.

Also, Kelly or Wisdom?

I'll be surprised if we don't bring in a forward in January, just don't think it's going to be a massive name player like everyone is hoping for. Got to remember that we have Borini here as well, add in Luis and another Striker and that's about the limit.

Also, Kelly or Wisdom?

It would be unthinkable to not bring in at least one more forward, especially when two are probably on the way out.

Kelly.

Archived