Funny Screenshots Thread

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I've been puzzling over this one for a few minutes and haven't made any headway. Is the headline referencing something or is it just supposed to be alliterative? :confused:

I didn't get it either.. Thought it could be because I'm not a native English speaker :')

I am a native English speaker, and I don't have a clue what it's trying to say either. It's an odd headline that appears to be there just to be alliterative, but still doesn't make any sense- that might be why it was posted in this thread. You wouldn't say "God Gillingham!" or "God Grimsby!"...

so my super cup match was announced, and it was Udinese... so I had a look because i knew Barca were in it

1BA85C8197107F5059D259275A4A1EA3424207EB

they finished 3rd in thier champions league group, thats how they ended up there (barca), though it was funny finding them in the Europa and NOT winning it.

How do you train yourself to be worse? He must have been working damn hard to do that ^

In principle it can be done, simply by the wrong sort of training, for example I knew an olympic swimmer who had to be careful what cross training they did because building up the wrong muscle groups would make them slow. I could see for example doing a lot of weights work might make you stronger but reduce your pace or stamina.

Though I'm not sure how it applies to skills such as though passes.

I think its just a badly worded piece of text.

My guess would be it should really be he will no longer be ATTEMPTING killer through balls, implying that the coach wanted him to stop because the player thought he was some kind of passing genius but just gave the ball to the intercepting defender each time.

It might be worth logging as a bug somewhere to see if I am right................ but I just went to find the right forum for you and see you have done so and got an answer already....

yeah I reported it in translation issues and you are right. But I also thought it was a funny screenshot so cross posted here.

Sorry if I should have mentioned I had raised it as a bug.

no sorry I wasn't saying it shouldn't be in here, its not unfunny! (the dots showed where I went and looked for the translation thread, not how they came across as a sarcastic way of showing how you should have done something differently)

How do you train yourself to be worse? He must have been working damn hard to do that ^

No killer through balls isn't necessarily worse for example if the player was a poor passer then they would constantly be giving the ball away and you have to work hard to break a habit

No killer through balls isn't necessarily worse for example if the player was a poor passer then they would constantly be giving the ball away and you have to work hard to break a habit

I posted in translations issues and they agreed it is badly worded.

Definition of killer (the one I think most appropriate in this context, taken from dictionary.com)

highly effective; superior

If you are a poor passer than you do not make highly effective though balls. You may attempt to make them but if you constantly give the ball away it can hardly be described as highly effective (killer)

If the word killer wasn't there it would be fine (though Herbert's suggestion of putting in attempting makes it even clearer)

I don't think it even means they're not going to do them, just that they're not going to preferentially try them when there might be better options on, such as passing to another midfielder or finding a wide player with space.