Small, otherwise insignificant things which annoy you

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Player X hits it into Row Z!" or whatever the line is.

Nothing wrong with it, it's just been in the game for years and it hasn't sounded amusing or clever for a very long time.

I also hate when a player taps it into touch and the commentary makes out like he's blasted it into the crowd. Can't remember the exact line.

Your defender has a month of Sundays to reach the ball before opposition player would get there. Happily, he even runs at pace to reach the ball. But just as he gets there, he hits an invisible wall of treacle as he slows right up, allowing the opposition striker (who has clearly been trained to run at speed through invisible treacle walls) to steal a ball he had no right to win and, in all likelihood, score. Just to make it worse, the defender who cost you the goal will end up with a rating of about 8.5, as if nothing ever happened.

Nothing wrong with it, it's just been in the game for years and it hasn't sounded amusing or clever for a very long time.

I also hate when a player taps it into touch and the commentary makes out like he's blasted it into the crowd. Can't remember the exact line.

Oh yeah, very much this.

That is the quote. A simple clearance into touch, and I always see; "He's taking no chances there... He puts the ball into row Z!"

And I agree, it's so inappropriate.

In press conferences: "Your response suggests you have concerns about some areas of your team."

No, my response suggests I'm realistic and know we're not as good as the mighty Man Utd. Oh, no option to point that out? No comment, then.

Forgot one or should that be three;

often = always

sometimes = more often than not

rarely = never

Haha, perfect.

Mine: Player makes a corner to someone at the edge of the box who immediately passes it back to the player who made the corner... who is offside.

Haha, perfect.

Mine: Player makes a corner to someone at the edge of the box who immediately passes it back to the player who made the corner... who is offside.

THIS

i laughed so hard at some of these :p

high profile team offer contract to a player:"i will only sign for you if you give me 500.000 a month,12k for appeareances and 4.5 m sign fees,450.000? HOW DARE YOU?"

average team offer contract to the same player:"40.000 will do" :mad:

Oh my god, this is so stupid! :mad:

I brought Stephen Appiah in on trial during the summer with Panathinaikos. A couple of days after his trial ended, I offered him a contract, which he accepted. Roll forward a month and, after his first appearance, I get a media item telling me he was making his first appearance back at Panathinaikos since leaving in August 2011! He was only on trial!

Oh my god, this is so stupid! :mad:

I brought Stephen Appiah in on trial during the summer with Panathinaikos. A couple of days after his trial ended, I offered him a contract, which he accepted. Roll forward a month and, after his first appearance, I get a media item telling me he was making his first appearance back at Panathinaikos since leaving in August 2011! He was only on trial!

This; very annoying if a player signs, but they're still waiting on a work permit when the trial expires!

I really hope I don't get asked about a player facing his former club due to trials.

I can understand highlighting it, but it should be handled differently.

Player X previously had a trial with team X before joining team Y.

Having a good time here readin your posts !:)

Here´s mine......

Attack from the opposition, my goalkeeper saves , kicks the ball in the middle , their midfielders head the ball over the back of my defenders, and goal of their attackers who are always faster than my defenders! even theyre not !

annoying..

A/ Having to watch an injured player get treated and removed from the pitch (which takes several minutes and is not what I would call a "highlight". Hardly a big deal though.

A much larger deal is,

B/ How my high quality team can regularly put Favourites to the sword but if I mam favourite I struggle to not only win but get a result. I understand all about how underdogs park the bus and play on the counter and how my team must be patient & work openings - but as an example if Man Utd play Chelsea using a "Standard" mentality and win relatively easily it makes no sense that playing Fulham, Utd not only struggle to break down the opposition but struggle to get any result and suffer a number of testing attacks on goal (this scenario assumes both matches are played as either the home or away side). I know a lot of factors effect these situations but as a rule Favourite = win or draw, Underdog = Lose or draw, and that is clearly wrong.

This last point is an FM gripe of a few years vintage, not sure FM12 is as bad as previous versions - time will tell, but there are signs that this is no different to previous years.

Still a great game though!

Your defender has a month of Sundays to reach the ball before opposition player would get there. Happily, he even runs at pace to reach the ball. But just as he gets there, he hits an invisible wall of treacle as he slows right up, allowing the opposition striker (who has clearly been trained to run at speed through invisible treacle walls) to steal a ball he had no right to win and, in all likelihood, score. Just to make it worse, the defender who cost you the goal will end up with a rating of about 8.5, as if nothing ever happened.

THIS. So very frustrating. No-one wanna call "man on"?

3-0 up in the 90th minute in the Blue Square North, opposition despondently passing the ball around at the back waiting for the final whistle under slight pressure from my forwards. Sloppy pass from opposition centre-back to his left-back results in a half-hearted footrace between him and my right-winger. Left-back gets there first, winger decides the time is ripe to charge in and scythe him down from behind, leading to an instant red card.

Also, 7-1 win over an opponent in the BSN, absolute masterclass in skill and athleticism, one of the matches of the year for my team. Press conference afterwards: "<Opposition striker who scored the consolation goal at 5-0 down> scored a magnificent goal today, didn't he?" Well yeah, I guess... "He's a quality player, isn't he?" I suppose... "Great. What is your relationship with your chairman?" What? Good, I guess, but - "OK. Who do you tip to win the World Golden Ball?" Don't you want to ask me about the match?

:D I'm one of the few who doesn't mind the press conferences - indeed, I find they add to the realism and are rather easy to negotiate if you know your players' personalities - so I find that sort of thing more amusing than annoying!

I agree with the one above, getting asked who yo think will win the World Golden Ball, when your managing in the bsn?! What's that all about?

The fact no one buys your players in the first transfer window, ever.

Go to Gabby Agbonlahor, History and look at Career Stats. The dates aren't in order properly. Annoying.

Similar to this, because of when the seasons reset in different countries i have players who have gone on loan and it looks like they went on loan to one club at the end of one season instead of ready for the beginning of the next one.

Also i have players coming back from loan saying it was a waste of time and they didn't play, but you click on it and it says he did play but the season reset and he left at the start of the new one. Thus, 0 apps.

Scouts who recommend players i have previously sold.

Contracts for U18 players from abroad that begin on the day it's agreed rather than the day they join. Same as loan deals, I get some who come back a day after they have been loaned out.

The fact that, when I play as Athletic, they wear their green strips at Real Sociedad and Real Sociedad wear their away kits at home against my Athletic team.

In fact, Athletic wear their away kits a whole helluva lot in my game. Not that they look bad, but it's not realistic and it annoys me even though it doesn't really affect anything.

Stupidly long / double names that would never both be on a players shirt eg. Ronaldo on the match screen saying Cristiano Ronaldo everytime he gets the ball. Can be rectified using the nickname function but then they always get called by their nickname. Arggghhhh!!! A 'shirt name' function would be ideal then it could stay up to date eg. when Pedersen went through that spell of putting Gamst on his shirt or Chicharito who could have that on his shirt but still be called Hernandez in the rest of the game.

Just gave my player a new contract to get rid of interest in him and he accepts. Get a transfer offer for him I reject, and he wants a new contract :mad:

When the opposition hoof the ball clear and it's nearer your keeper than the defender 'running' back, but your keeper just stays on his line meaning their striker can run and get the ball :(

Not being able to bollock your team during a game. I was leading 1-0 at half time, I moderated the tactics so we wouldn't get caught on the break, and I told the team "Don't get complacent out there, don't think the job is done".

We imploded and lost 4-1. It's so, so, so infuriating that you can't shout at them while they're cordially inviting the opposition into the back of the net. Four times. Having led at half time.

Corner -> Clearence -> Pass Back to Corner Taker -> OFFSIDE

It's beyond ridiculous.

---

Your own players having the reflexes of a corpse when it comes to rebounds, yet the opposition divide by zero, bend the laws of physics and laugh in the face of gravity to smash them home time after time.

It's beyond ridiculous.

Agreed. It's almost as irritating as the unneccessary clearences to the touchline in 08.

---

I hate that when you select to change instructions in TV mode the drop-down menu freezes over about half the pitch and you can't close the damn thing until the next highlight.

Being asked about the return of a former player, fine the first time & ok the second but still asking about him after 5 games, really? This is damn annoying in Scotland when you could play the same team 7 times in a season.

This, a thousand times this. When I've sold a "name" player or it was squad player who happens to be playing well then fair enough, but when I'm continually asked about some reserve team player I released for nothing because I couldn't sell him and he was just wasting wages then I don't really have anything to say about him, on more than one occasion I've had to look up the player just to figure out who he was and when he was in the squad.

My current one are players whinging that they aren't playing and/or that I promised them first team action.

YOU.

HAVE.

A.

BROKEN.

LEG

My current one are players whinging that they aren't playing and/or that I promised them first team action.

YOU.

HAVE.

A.

BROKEN.

LEG

Haha, awesome :D

Assistant Manager logic fails:

Assman: "Our passes are connecting well today, we should try playing a more direct game."

Me: "Noooo, our passes are connecting well today because we're not playing a more direct game."

---------------------------------------Awkward Silence--------------------------------------------------

Assman: "But I think-"

Me: No.

Players attempting to buy a throw-in or corner all over the pitch, in any and all situations!

Middle of the pitch... bopping the ball in the nearest leg

One-on-one with the keeper... bopping the ball in the nearest leg

Two-on-one with the keeper... bopping the ball in the nearest leg

Could cross or pass the ball to a free comrade... bopping the ball in the nearest leg

Under heavy pressure in his own 5-meter box.... bopping the ball in the nearest leg

... and they always fail!

... and the bop is actually, physically a "bop" not a "crack" or a "flapp" or "pow" or anything... it's a BOP! He's not even managing to hit the ball with his foot!

There should be an option to execute a player in front of his team-mates, to deter further travesties like this :mad:

Substitutions being made just before a defensive set-piece, why can't the game wait until that sequence of play has finished before making my changes or at least give me the option to tick a box that prevents this happening?

Player requests "I want to move"

ok: "I'll let you go in the next transfer window"

Warning 3 months later from Assman: "Player x is worried that you've broken a promise to him"

No i've not - I've said you can go, i've offered you to clubs, and offered mutual termination, and nobody wants you - you have an agent - sort it yourself, its not my problem pal!

Score goal. Concede straight from the kickoff.

Player retires at 22 rather than sign for my team.

Defender runs towards his own goal chasing a loose ball, opposition striker hacks him down with a sliding challenge from the back, takes the ball and scores - no foul.

Goalkeeper is set to make a quick throw to the nearest defender, but decides to punt it upfield to my midget midfielder instead. Alternatively, gk makes a quick throw to the defender, the defender plays it back to the gk who punts it upfield to my midget midfielder.

Striker is clear on goal, has all the time in the world to place his shot or take the ball round the keeper, decides to blast it high and wide instead.

Defender makes a sliding challenge on an opposition player, ball drops perfectly to a striker who is otherwise offside.

I offer my promising youngsters on loan, no one is interested.

This was happening to me, Other teams will only offer during the transfer windows. Even though the loan window is open.

It's beyond ridiculous.

---

Your own players having the reflexes of a corpse when it comes to rebounds, yet the opposition divide by zero, bend the laws of physics and laugh in the face of gravity to smash them home time after time.

Agreed 100% on this on. It is one of the most annoying aspects of the game because this happens so rarely in real life and yet in the game, it happens dam near every time. Imagine if you are trying to grab a late win or draw and you are putting pressure on your opponent. You get a corner, this happens, and it kills your momentum immediately.

I know that this ME isn't exactly the greatest when it comes to its on field and in match representation animations, but the single most annoying thing in the world today is when your world class striker is clean through on goal and he "decides" to shoot with his weaker foot.

Archived