Small, otherwise insignificant things which annoy you

Backroom advice meeting:

First piece of advice:

Coach feels player X has the wrong squad status set. Instead of an important first team player coach feels he should be considered as a key player.

Second piece of advice:

Coach feels player X should be dropped due to poor form.

Contradict much? :)

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Secondly, positions. Prime example, my current reserve left-back. He's natural in that position but then awkward at wing-back and completely unable to play centre-back. Add to that being right-footed and his left-foot is shocking - and yes you guessed it, he can't play right-back. Also DM's that can't play MC and AMRL's that can't play MRL annoy me too.

I agree with this. The only reason a full back would not be able to play both sides is strong/weaker foot. A right-footed left back should always be at least competent at right back as well.

The amount of completely bald teenagers that start coming through.

On a similar tangent, once a player bics his hair and goes bald, it never grows back. Which is creepy. Players go from Laurence Llewellyn Bowen and Charles II to Harry Hill and Frank Sytner.

Why do I need to be told that a certain player 'injured' another in training, unless it's clearly intentional? Which as far as I understand it shouldn't be in most cases. I really don't need (or want) that information unless the game is trying to suggest disciplining someone - in which case I'd like a further notification stating just that.

I think it mentions it because it could be a cause of bad blood between the players at a later time. Lest we forget that Jamie Carragher once deliberately injured Rigobert Song in training once because we was getting selected for the first team ahead of him.

On FM11, I hated playing in snow. Made the game impossible to follow. Especially as snow would fall but rarely build up so you'd be playing on a green pitch with an ornage ball and the orange ball would be so hard to follow. Thankfully, they've massively improved this for FM11.

On FM11, I hated playing in snow. Made the game impossible to follow. Especially as snow would fall but rarely build up so you'd be playing on a green pitch with an ornage ball and the orange ball would be so hard to follow. Thankfully, they've massively improved this for FM11.
Hopefully whoever sign-off those snow effects no longer works for SI or is restricted to making tea & coffee, how that was ever considered to be acceptable is beyond me.

I'm managing Panathinaikos and about to play a Champions League game against PSV. I get a media item telling me that Frank Rijkaard (their manager) has said of me: "he's dreaming if he thinks he can win this match".

When do football managers talk like that? You don't go into a match talking like that. Even if you fancy your side to win, you talk of respecting the opposition and being professional in getting the job done. Who thought it was a good idea to put crap like this in the game?

The same person who thought that taking off a player on a hattrick should be a major post match talking point every time or that when you have 14 efforts on goal in a 3-0 win the opposition manager should question your sides ability to create chances.

I'm managing Panathinaikos and about to play a Champions League game against PSV. I get a media item telling me that Frank Rijkaard (their manager) has said of me: "he's dreaming if he thinks he can win this match".

When do football managers talk like that? You don't go into a match talking like that. Even if you fancy your side to win, you talk of respecting the opposition and being professional in getting the job done. Who thought it was a good idea to put crap like this in the game?

I got the same comment from the Olympique Marsailes manager in first knock out match after group stage in champions cup. And I was thinking to myself: "I guess my 0-1 victory against Barcelona in the group stage and the fact that I placed first over both Barcelona and Paris Saint Germaine in my group isn't enough to make him even worry just a little...."

Quite silly...

Contracts running into the next season. In Ukraine contracts run until 30th June but by that time you've played a couple of friendlies and the new season is less than two weeks away. Should be the day before season update (19th June) in my opinion.

"with an important league match comming up this sunday, are you planning to rest players like <player A> in this champions cup match?"

What I would LIKE to be able to say:

"Well.. Since <player A> is barred from playing my champions cup match because of the yellow cards he has received so far in european matches, how likely do YOU think it is I will field him in a match he's barred from playing?"

:-/

Not to mention when they mention players I haven't registered for the european matches, so obviously can't field either...

Do you find this happens with refs? I only ever get refs in black, and there's plenty of teams I've played in all-black strips.

90% of the team yeah! So irritating! But then I have a couple games each season, where my kit and oppositions kit are basically the same. I think my last one was me as Granada against Sporting Gijon and I just gave up trying to be tactical about it because I just had no idea who was who.

Do you find this happens with refs? I only ever get refs in black, and there's plenty of teams I've played in all-black strips.

The ref in my last match wore a very fetching shade of pink! Kit clashes unlikely there! Unless you're Palermo at home.

"with an important league match comming up this sunday, are you planning to rest players like <player A> in this champions cup match?"

What I would LIKE to be able to say:

"Well.. Since <player A> is barred from playing my champions cup match because of the yellow cards he has received so far in european matches, how likely do YOU think it is I will field him in a match he's barred from playing?"

I get annoyed by this because I often rest players for the league game directly before the European tie, but there's no way of pointing that out. Though any decent sports reporter would already be aware of this before asking the question.

The fact that the opponents winger, with 8 passing 9 crossing & 10 free kicks, curled a free kick in(I havent scored a direct free kick in 3 seasons), and then also gave the winning free kick assist all curling em and placing those passes nice ala he was beckham christ

Players always throwing their hand in the air to claim the throw/corner, just had one where a player tried to claim a corner after he threw the ball out for a goal kick following a restart after we kicked the ball out to allow an injured player to receive treatment.

Players always throwing their hand in the air to claim the throw/corner, just had one where a player tried to claim a corner after he threw the ball out for a goal kick following a restart after we kicked the ball out to allow an injured player to receive treatment.

lol. yeah. reminded me of a classic example that really made me facepalm.

One of my players make a throw in to another friendly player and no opposing players are anywhere near. Player receving the throw immediately passes the ball back to the thrower, and the ball goes out.

Up goes the arm to try and convince the referee that it was an opposing player that kicked it out... yeah right, in your dreams mate... The ref may be blind as a bat, but even that one is too obvious...

I've just seen my right-back trap a high ball out of the air brilliantly, in acres of space. He then proceeded to undo his good work by knocking the ball out of play. There wasn't an opposition player anywhere near him, but he had the temerity to claim it was our throw-in. I'd fine him for that if I could!

Having a league match, and 5 of my regular players are away on business for their respective national teams... :thdn:

I just KNOW that the reporters will ask me why I rested them afterwards...

Edit: Even worse when it means I am out of a left back so have to play someone in that spot that has zero training in that position.

(All my left backs can double up as center backs :-/)

Players doing a Barthez; standing still, raising their hands and looking at the linesman.

Play to the whistle, you morons!

This one actually has annoyed me alot, but is down to an ui issue rather than game mechanics:

when I opena menu with sub menus available, clicking on one of the options to get the submenu doesn't lock the submenu.

For example, when making team talks. Click Defensive to get the menu for options for your defence. Clicking aggresive (for example) opens the sub menu with options for what you can say in an aggresive tone.

Then if you don't move your pointer within the extremely small area that is 'aggresive' while trying to get to the submenu, the submenu vanishes... -.-

So it ends up with carefully setting your pointer at the edge of the option so you can carefully slide over without loosing the submenu...

LOCK THE FRIGGING SUBMENU AT CLICKS!!!! :mad:

Sorry, but it's really gotten on my nerves that I continually have to waste time on this poor part of the UI rather than on playing the game.

I may have sat screaming "MAKE A RUN FOR THE BALL YOU LAZY PILE OF CRAP" at my laptop on more than one occasion, before realising I'm shouting at the ref. <_<

conseding 25 yard+ wondergoals every game, then drawing when dominating.

x player upended x player, when they are both stood up

teams with horrific coloured away kits

just had my top scorer pass the ball to a player outside the opposing area when he had a clear sight of goal from close range. what?

beating arsenal 3-0 in 25min first summer's august of a new game for the chl with my laughable squad(no sandro and neymar in the squad)

The fact that the opponents winger, with 8 passing 9 crossing & 10 free kicks, curled a free kick in(I havent scored a direct free kick in 3 seasons), and then also gave the winning free kick assist all curling em and placing those passes nice ala he was beckham christ

Speaking of beckham (well good free kick takers in general), I had beckham for 3 seasons. You know how many free kicks he scored? 2. I have 3 players who are as good at taking free kicks as beckham. Guess how many they have scored. Two have scored 2 and the other has none and this is in the last 2 seasons. Oh and we get 3 decent free kick chances every game.

And yet every time I concede a goal it is scored by someone who has free kick taking less than 14 etc.

Its almost as annoying as your world class striker, who has the 'place shots' ppm, blasting it straight at the opposition keeper with his weaker foot as you watch yourself lose 1-0 to a team that hasn't won in 10 matches and the player who scored was a player who hasn't scored in 900+ minutes of football and whose morale was on very poor.

Defenders heading the ball out for corners far, far more often than they head it in the opposite direction. It's quite frustrating how defenders seem to choose to head it out for a corner (or sometimes kick it) when they could quite easily clear it from danger.

Whats annoying me right now is that Petr Cech and Daniel Sturridge are free agents in the third season and not a single team wants them and when they do in the case of Cech he rejects Roma and Real Madrid.

I don't need either of them but I feel like just signing them so they don't just waste their career.

It was raised in another thread, but the bug where the non-league welsh exiles Colwyn Bay, Newport and Wrexham manage to evade the home-grown rules under the AI.

I myself manage Wrexham and I can't get away with it, but Colwyn and Newport's teams are just full of foreigners.

Just managed to get to UEFA CL final after several seasons (a real surprise actually) and my 18 yo goalkeeper was away on international duty :( . Second GK was not registered as I got him to late and third was injured. Had to play with a 17 yo GK from the youth team. Got hammered by Chelsea. I have no idea what competition he was on, but I'm sure that IRL he would have stayed to play the final.

And another one, I signed a player that only speaks English and apparently I have nobody at the team that speaks English. Like I only speak Martian. Everybody speaks English FFS.

Lack of crosses from my team even with crossing regularly on..

I don't care about Balotelli not getting in the first team. I care even less on hearing about a weekly survey asking the public if Man City should play him or not. Once is enough!!!

Lack of sensible defending.

Thousands of new youth players each season adding to my already skint squad!

Searching players. Go to Main Scout search, look at player. Back button - Have to select Main Scout Search again!!!

Mainly and it's a main one is the slider bug where if you change between classic tactics some sliders stay as they were in the previous tactic. Basically I have no idea what instructions my players have half the time!!

Archived