Small, otherwise insignificant things which annoy you

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The inability for defenders to mark the free man standing on the back line during attacking throw ins. He is ALWAYS completely unmarked.

My coach would kill me if I let that happen, and I am no near professional.

Or crosses from the winger. This has two outcomes if he is marked by a defender. Either he makes the cross, or he hits the defender and it goes for a corner .... ALWAYS.

just drew 3-3 with man city

i score first... they get kick off run down and score....

then they score again... same as above but this time i have goal from kickoff

then i score. then again from kickoff they score.

so before i could acctually defend my lead it is gone? this is happening too often

also far to many goals socred from players bouncing the ball off the keeper from a shot, always lands at a seconds triker

This is a big gripe for me. You try to click "keep on" then nope, he's injured sorry, computer says no.

Even worse when you decide to sub him, decide that while you're at it might as well sub another tired player, so you open tactic window, sub players, confirm, game continues, oh no sorry player was injured, must be subbed! ... I just subbed him! Well yeah, that one didn't count because at that time you didn't know he couldn't continue yet! :mad:

Oh and press conferences asking about players.

Whatever will you do now your third left wing is injured?! Eh not sure.. perhaps play my #1 left wing who is one of the best players in the division?

Oh and will your 3rd choice have to worry about his place in the starting eleven? ... He's my third choice!! He has NO spot in my regular starting eleven...

Will you rest player X? ... Player X isn't registered for my next match. Of course I won't play him!

Will you rest player Y? ... Player Y still has a 2 match ban for trying out his dropkicks on the pitch! So NO! He won't play!

Will you consider leaving player Z out a few matches considering his recent sending off? ... Player Z got sent off for a professional foul in the 89th minute in a game we were leading with 1-0 snatching us the win. Why should I punish him for that?!

When you are a lower league manager and you advertise for a coach, assistant manager, first team coach etc. Nearly all of the applicants want wages way over what you can offer, you dont find this out until you actually offer them the job, when you do offer a contract the first thing you notice is the job being offered isn't the one selected on the contract offer screen, you change it and now he wants 2, 3 ,4,10 times what you can offer.

Ridiculous and has been like this since FM2009, not a big thing just annoying and stupid.

Anyone ever experience the first team player that gets hurt and is out for a few months with injury but is repeatedly demanding more first team playing time or will leave the team? Go figure!:confused:

Player gets green injury, and you sub him off. Then back in game his injury suddenly becomes a red one, and it undoes any other subs you made at the same time.

More annoying, sendings off in friendlies. Who gets sent off in a friendly?! People play them for practice, and want to play against 11 men. In the VERY rare event that someone does something dangerous in a friendly, its much more common to make the manager make a substitution, rather than send the player off.

in the 3D match engine, ive seen instances when i player lurking around the box gets a square ball which appears to be played behind him so he runs/walks backwards and strikes the ball from a backwards running position all in one motion which then rockets into top corner. bugs me slightly. but its okay when its one of my players ;)

not sure of this is insignificant but i hate managers swapping clubs

eg Sunderland sack Steve Bruce, Sunderland appoint Fulham manager Martin Jol, Fulham appoint Steve Bruce

how many times in real life does this actually happen that sacked manager gets job within days or weeks, happens way to often in FM and annoys me to death

transfer deadline day, liverpool put an offer in for bale and get contract done before my offer is even accepted. this would not happen as interest was declared from other teams.

and random injures from nothing (just seen wilfried having to go off for being injured when the opposition is taking a free kick in my half)

decent newgens having terrible potential ratings when scouted, and spawning in places where work permits required.

and team playing 20x worse because it is away is getting beyond a joke.

can we also have the reasons WHY the work permit was turned down so i know when it is possible to sign the guy and be notified when that event is triggered?

Work permit is only turned down for 2 reasons

1) Player needs to have played in 75% or more of all international matches in the last 2 years

2) Nation he represents needs to be in top 75 nations of world football

if these conditions are not met he will fail a work permit, sometimes an appeal will work (eg guzan appealed because he is 2nd best american gk but cant oust tim howard)

which is impossible to work out by looking at international teams and hoping, best newgens i have found are (belarus newgen - got on appeal) nigerian newgen playing in thailand (what?) american defender that has potential be one of the best defenders in the world, made olympic appearances, U21 appearances and is 21 - tried for 3 years and nothing on appeal.

if it says appeal is turned down - i would like to know why

yet spanish clubs seem to have no prolem getting newgens from peru etc.

Make a promise to get a player first team games

Player goes on international duty for 3 weeks

End of week 2, player wants to be transfer listed because he's not playing any games

Bro....you can't play any games until you're with the team!

Almost anything from backroom advice meetings. No I do not want my either-sided player who I always play on the right to learn how to dribble down the left on a regular basis. Nor do I want to delist the transfer/loan listed players that I have listed for a reason.

the scout telling me thats some rubbish reserve player "" who hasnt play first football for years from a suppose be bigger team than are worst than my back up" could be a great addition to my Norwich chasing europa cup place squad .they wouldnt even be first team in my reserve. I actually listen more to the Agent who offer service of his player than my scout.

Than Lambert is an icon at norwich (2 promotion from league one to PL and one relegation) but me 2 promotion (from championship) and one FA cup i not even favorite WTF

Probably already raised by others, but here's some of my pet peeves of FM2012:

Managing Chelsea. At the end of season...after the UCL final. "Board is satisfied with your coaching...bla bla bla...thinks <player> was a good signing. Still disappointed about that 1-1 draw with Spurs couple of months back." Really? REALLY? I JUST WON THE UCL FINAL AGAINST REAL MADRID YOU FREAKING...oh, this game is bad for my blood pressure.

The fans rep's overdramatic response when my team only drew against Lenit. "Fans are devastated at the result". DEVASTATED? GOOD. GO JUMP INTO A LAKE, FAN REP.

Oh yeah...after the 10th time Daniel Sturridge complained about training (even after I adjusted the training load), I dream of giving him a piledriver thru a flaming table. That was a delicious dream.

If I ever see Roberto di Matteo in real life, I'll just shout "ASSMAN~" at him. Thanks for all the utterly useless suggestions, Roberto.

Almost anything from backroom advice meetings. No I do not want my either-sided player who I always play on the right to learn how to dribble down the left on a regular basis. Nor do I want to delist the transfer/loan listed players that I have listed for a reason.

What about "you have signed a player two days ago promising him that he is a key player to the team, quite indispensible indeed, nevertheless I suggest you set him to Squad Rotation because he isn't playing every match".

2 things about loans frustrate me - firstly whenever you offer a player out to loan, you get responses back from all the clubs saying whether he would be important first team player or cover or back up etc, and normally I only accept teams who say my player will be first team player as I want them to play matches, but when I make a loan move for someone I don't get that option to say what player he would be, which must affect an AI team's decision as to who to loan him to?

Also, if I have a good youngster and I get a news peice saying Juventus are interested in buying Southamptons XXXXXX, in the response section, I can say I won't sell him, I might or I will, but I want to be able to say I'll let him go on loan?

Actually, one other thing while I think of it, if I reject a bid for a player and they ask for an improved contract but I haven't got the budget, there's no conversation option to tell them why I am rejecting it. So they then get unhappy I haven't offered a new contract?!

... or when my staff says:

Coach: "You should encourage X to dribble down the right side of the field"

Me: Dismiss Advice

2 weeks later

Coach: "You should encourage X to dribble down the left side of the field"

Me: Can you please make up your mind?? ... or are you just going through the PPM list until I accept something??

One other thing.

The inability to specify which players an AssMan/Coach should use in his starting 11 (or on the bench) for Reserve/Youth games. It was in the game once, where if you put a player in a specific position in the Reserve squad's Tactics screen, then he would start the game there.

I now have to manage my Reserves too, just to be sure that certain players get play-time in the positions I want them in.

2 things about loans frustrate me - firstly whenever you offer a player out to loan, you get responses back from all the clubs saying whether he would be important first team player or cover or back up etc, and normally I only accept teams who say my player will be first team player as I want them to play matches, but when I make a loan move for someone I don't get that option to say what player he would be, which must affect an AI team's decision as to who to loan him to?

This is a good point. Also telling the loaning club the intended squad status at your club should enable you suggest the amount of wages you are willing to pay. The board currently seem to set a wage %age which has no relevance to your wage budget. Regularly I can pay a signing twice as much as I can a loan player.

Press conferences:

"Having chosen to rest some key players, you must be pleased with the win?"

I have a squad of circa 20 players, only four of those have 'Key player' status and they all played. The rest are rotated weekly and have squad status set as such.

"Manager X slams blame culture in football"

No I didn't, I said if the manager wasn't getting the results he should go.

Loading screens:

Games played - Let's have the fewest first so I can see them?

Team talks:

AssMan - "Some gentle encouragement could work well here"

Me - "OK then, take the team talk please"

AssMan - "Go out there and show me what you can do!" (Hardly gentle encouragement)

Players - No response.

Scouting:

Generally carp. Scouts cannot be assigned to their home nations (if you want some results anyway) which is an effing joke in lower league football.

Competition scouting doesn't yield any results either.

Match highlights:

I get a replay of a penalty being scored/missed - how about you show me wtf happened for the penalty to be awarded in the first place?

The penalty one is annoying.

Oh look a key chance, oops no it's just the AI smashing one top corner from a penalty.

Surley that was been looked into?

Not sure if I wrote this before, but it is my absolute number one hate so I want to post it again :mad: ; it seems you have to offer your coaches new contracts every year to stop them leaving to go to other clubs; I can't believe there is anywhere near such a high turnover of staff in reality, and sometimes you offer them a huge contract and they leave to join a new (often lesser) team on a smaller wage - why? It is such a pain having to go through 30 odd staff renewing their deals every year imo.

yet spanish clubs seem to have no prolem getting newgens from peru etc.

That's because only England has work permits. (At least of the bigger leagues, perhaps some less popular leagues also have them.) That and having way too many matches causing seasons to take forever are the two main reasons I don't like managing in England :p.

Edit:

Oh and things that annoy me. The "mistake led to goal" part. Sometimes it's just silly...

Cross comes in, opposition player loses his marker, is closer to the ball than my goalie so gets his head to it before my goalie can catch/punch it away and scores. Who'se to blame for the goal? My goalie. WTF?! HOW?! He should've stayed on the line and save a point blank diving header? No way in hell he'd ever manage that! Then what? Teleport in front of the opposition player? Because that's the only way he'd ever get to the ball first. :rolleyes: If there's someone to blame it's my defenders who completely lost their man...

Had a few other situations like that where the system randomly pointed at people making mistakes while I after rewatching 3 times still can't grasp where the guy actually made the mistake. Another situation earlier, player X loses ball way too easily near penalty box, winger drills in low cross, attacker gets there first and scores. Who is to blame? Not the guy who decided to dwell on the ball and lost it near his own goal, no some defender that didn't manage to get a foot against a drilled in cross...

Awful AI player development, and the general hording of talented kids Manchester City partake in; resulting in the ruination of so many prosperous young careers, and a collective star studded reserve team that doesn't actually play any reserve team fixtures.

Staying on the Man City topic, I have supreme distaste for the compulsion to buy, that is forced upon me whenever they go to buy a star player that I've been following - e.g Hazard, Ganso, Neymar, Gotze, Cavani, Shawcross etc etc. In so many saves now, I see that Man City are on the verge of singing Hazard or Cavani, therefore forcing me to show my hand and beat them to it - purely out of spite! This therefore has a knock on affect, meaning I have to sell on of my existing players so that Hazard can find room in my team, all because of sodding Man City and their money!

Agghh, God I hate Man City!

Edit:

Oh and things that annoy me. The "mistake led to goal" part. Sometimes it's just silly...

Cross comes in, opposition player loses his marker, is closer to the ball than my goalie so gets his head to it before my goalie can catch/punch it away and scores. Who'se to blame for the goal? My goalie. WTF?! HOW?! He should've stayed on the line and save a point blank diving header? No way in hell he'd ever manage that! Then what? Teleport in front of the opposition player? Because that's the only way he'd ever get to the ball first. :rolleyes: If there's someone to blame it's my defenders who completely lost their man...

Had a few other situations like that where the system randomly pointed at people making mistakes while I after rewatching 3 times still can't grasp where the guy actually made the mistake. Another situation earlier, player X loses ball way too easily near penalty box, winger drills in low cross, attacker gets there first and scores. Who is to blame? Not the guy who decided to dwell on the ball and lost it near his own goal, no some defender that didn't manage to get a foot against a drilled in cross...

Definitely this .... One mistake can haunt a player the entire match. If I defender made a mistake in the 2nd. minute, he will not get a decent rating unless he does something like score a goal.

Also I often get "Deserved his yellow card" ... fine. But lose it after 15 min. or so. If my player gets the card after 4 minutes, the next 86 minutes, I have no clue as to what his motivation is.

Awful AI player development, and the general hording of talented kids Manchester City partake in; resulting in the ruination of so many prosperous young careers, and a collective star studded reserve team that doesn't actually play any reserve team fixtures.

Staying on the Man City topic, I have supreme distaste for the compulsion to buy, that is forced upon me whenever they go to buy a star player that I've been following - e.g Hazard, Ganso, Neymar, Gotze, Cavani, Shawcross etc etc. In so many saves now, I see that Man City are on the verge of singing Hazard or Cavani, therefore forcing me to show my hand and beat them to it - purely out of spite! This therefore has a knock on affect, meaning I have to sell on of my existing players so that Hazard can find room in my team, all because of sodding Man City and their money!

Agghh, God I hate Man City!

Or you could just cancel the deal at the last moment.

One other thing.

The inability to specify which players an AssMan/Coach should use in his starting 11 (or on the bench) for Reserve/Youth games. It was in the game once, where if you put a player in a specific position in the Reserve squad's Tactics screen, then he would start the game there.

I now have to manage my Reserves too, just to be sure that certain players get play-time in the positions I want them in.

This.

I would be nice if we could have two options similar to ones available when going in holiday: use THESE tactics, and use THIS current team when possible.

I know that the first one is a current option in the Team Policy screen, but the second one is more important i think.

so i just got a thing saying i am tactical genius and my side are a joy to watch.... they are a joy to watch with thier free flowing attacking football...... at home only, go away they turn into statues when they get the ball, they cant defend for toffee or hit the broad side of the barn when they do.

this to me is extreme i expect away to be hard work but a team i can brush aside at home 4 or 5-0 i still expect to win the game. not lose 2 or 3-0 cos players turned into rubbish.

man city away is the only top club i seem to beat away from home.

man utd cant be touched. yet they come to my place they fluke a draw. so something is amiss. if i can outplay the best teams in the world at home.. why can i not outplay mid table or lower away?

so i just got a thing saying i am tactical genius and my side are a joy to watch.... they are a joy to watch with thier free flowing attacking football...... at home only, go away they turn into statues when they get the ball, they cant defend for toffee or hit the broad side of the barn when they do.

this to me is extreme i expect away to be hard work but a team i can brush aside at home 4 or 5-0 i still expect to win the game. not lose 2 or 3-0 cos players turned into rubbish.

man city away is the only top club i seem to beat away from home.

man utd cant be touched. yet they come to my place they fluke a draw. so something is amiss. if i can outplay the best teams in the world at home.. why can i not outplay mid table or lower away?

Complacency? Might be worth having a look at ass man instructions before a game against smaller opposition and adjusting your team talks for any player who seems complacent.

nothing about it at the start of the game itself, they start like that and play rubbish throughout

ffs 5-0 up away from home and the game gets a runtime error. wtf

team was playing like they were at home for once

Im not sure what team talk your using but maybe just try telling them you expect a result if its a smaller team. Putting a bit of pressure on them can be good for their motivation, particularly if they have high determination.

Archived