FM 2012: Carlos Fierro

matty2323

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great player, seems to play above his stats. I got him for 1.3m in my Spurs at the start of the 12-13 season, had him in my U18's for abit but when Tevez got an injury - this kid came in and got 12 goals 6 assists in 18 games with a rating of 7.58, not bad from the bench! Giving him a run in the first team at the start of 13-14 - he's hit two hattricks in the first two games and is top of the goals chart by miles so far! I hope he can keep it up, he's paired with Cavani in keeping Rossi and Tevez out of the team at the moment.

Dont be afraid to throw this lad straight into your first team at the start of the 2012/2013 season. Starts aren't special, but he's 18 and develops so fast. Also plays above his stats at the start, scoring goals for fun. Pretty much an identical version of Hernadez (Man United). Got him in 3 seperate saves so far, and he's continually turning out like my OP.

Bit of an update on his progress for me, I posted a screenie earlier of him aged 20.

Now a couple of seasons on and he's become my main striker, playing as a poacher in a 4-4-2. Approaching the end of the 2016-17 season and unfortunately he's just picked up an injury so will miss the last few games, were it not for this I'm sure he would have easily broken the 50 goals in a season mark.

CarlosFierroOverview_Attributes-2.png

Bit of an update on his progress for me, I posted a screenie earlier of him aged 20.

Now a couple of seasons on and he's become my main striker, playing as a poacher in a 4-4-2. Approaching the end of the 2016-17 season and unfortunately he's just picked up an injury so will miss the last few games, were it not for this I'm sure he would have easily broken the 50 goals in a season mark.

wat training setup did u use for him??

• 2 weeks later...

If you are playing him as a poacher who is your other striker and what Role do you have set for him?

I bought him for my Bayern side as the first thing in my game, will join me at the start of the second season... so I decide to check out his PA while I'm at it.

PA = 179 - That's the best possible PA for a -9 kid, isn't it?

Needless to say I'll keep you up to date about how he turns out.

If you are playing him as a poacher who is your other striker and what Role do you have set for him?

I play Fierro (as poacher) alongside a Deep Lying Forward (support) in a 4-4-2. The first choice support striker for me has been Mattia Destro for most of the time I've had Fierro.

So a few more seasons in and Carlos Fierro did manage 50 goals in all competitions for me. Has also just been named European Footballer of the Year as he fired us to a Premier League and Champions League double.

Not a bad goalscoring record really - and of course these are just league goals, he's scored 40+ in all competitions for the last 4 seasons now.

CarlosFierroHistory_CareerStats.png

I played Fierro as a Poacher too and the other as a DLF. It turn out good for Fierro as he is current top scorer in the league with 26 goals in 23 games. He is definitely class but I found out about him a lot later after sending my Scout to Mexico and he cost me 14.5m!

I played Fierro as a Poacher too and the other as a DLF. It turn out good for Fierro as he is current top scorer in the league with 26 goals in 23 games. He is definitely class but I found out about him a lot later after sending my Scout to Mexico and he cost me 14.5m!

i play him up front as lone poacher with the ball played for him to run on to it. so far he has scored 66 in 35 ( all competitions ) so for me he has been amazing!!!! i play as man united but i like to make the club money so i dont have a team full of big name players. he has been that good i have sold rooney, welbeck, macheda and now contemplating selling hernandez.

A MUST BUY FOR ANY TEAM!!!!!

second season for me in Italy playin with ss lazio, bought fierro in first one but he only came at the beginning of the second. Now the season is over and he scored 27 goals, serie a top scorer, 18 yeas old ^^ Next season my attacking duo will be vela-fierro, "the burritos brothers" :D

Signed him first season for around 7mill, looks like a class act if he turns out as some of these screenshots show. Just giving him cup games at the moment but my main Prem striker isn't scoring the goals so may let him make his premier league debut. How are people training/tutoring this guy? Im playing with Blaclkburn 1/4 way through second season?

16 games in 16 :D had a injury but came back in the same form. my regen striker along side him has 23 in 20 thanks to his passes mainly! quality buy even for the 16m i payed! turned into a wonderkid!

Good to see he plays everytime he plays :p

He's a really good player, in the time I used him at Man Utd he always looked lively and scored at a reasonable rate. Bargain as well.

Got him in my Arsenal save for free, scouts gave him a 3.5 rating so he got shortlisted and in the January transfer window I could get him for free as he had 6 months left on his contract. Work permit went through on appeal so he will be joining soon. Seems like I have made a good deal there :).

Never heard of him before. Just checked on my save, and he's ended up at Bayern.

aToDZ.jpg

He doesn't look too bad, he's got very good mental attributes, and decent physical attributes.

From these screenshots it looks like he could end up being similar to Van Persie if you put a lot of time into his first touch and technique. It might be a little too far off but he should be able to get close. His physical stats look a lot better so he can sacrifice a little in that department. His long shots and setpieces probably won't reach the same level tho. I'll probably end up having him on first touch training his entire career but we'll see.

Just signed him for 2.6 million half way through my third season. I deliberately waited until February when the January window closed because he doesn't quite look ready for my team challenging for a Champions League place in the Premiership just yet. I'm hoping the extra half a season at Chivas playing regularly will benefit him more than sitting in my reserves. I will see how he's progressed when he signs for me at the beginning of my fourth season. If he's improved, I will use him in the cup competitions against weaker opposition but if he still doesn't quite look ready, I will loan him out to Doncaster who are my feeder club in the Championship. I feel he will only reach his potential if he's playing regularly so I will make sure he plays as often as possible. Championship teams are always good teams to loan youngster out to because of the number of games they have to play in a season, which of course leads to more experience and quicker development.

• 2 weeks later...

this guy is amazing at my utd team. scout picked him up and i signed him for 7m as a back up/rotation.

in his first game he scored a hattrick. he then went on to score in his first 8 consecutive games. he's since calmed down though lol

I am playing him as a lone striker in a 4-5-1 what role would you suggest I play him in.

I'd say it depends on what your team needs. He can play as a poacher relying on his speed, off the ball, anticipation, composure and finishing but he also has the creativity to play a deeper role or a more complete role. The only thing I wouldn't really play him as is a targetman due to his jumping mostly. I would look at your current set up and see how many players you have running into the box or waiting for through balls and if you have a lot of those players play him in a deeper role (trequartista or DLF). If you could use more players waiting for through balls set him up as poacher, advanced forward or complete forward (attack).

Signed him cheaply for my reserve team during the January window in my 2nd season for Chelsea. 4 star potential, problem is I already have Mata and Aguero for Trequarista. I might try him as poacher, as I'm not as strong there (Torres, Sturridge, Niang).

Signed him for Blackburn after seeing this thread, started off very average hardly scored when I played him in cup games then due to an injury crisis he started playing in the prem. He is now the first player I sign no matter who I am playing as. Very very good player.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived