FM12: Leandro Damião

Welshace

Leandro Damião da Silva dos Santos (born 22 July 1989)

Commonly known as Leandro Damião, is a Brazilian footballer who plays as a striker for Campeonato Brasileiro Série A club Internacional. He has been capped at international level by Brazil.

info_1317908939.jpg

Club career

Damião began his career as a midfielder, playing for local teams in Jardim Alegre. He had unsuccessful trials with XV de Outubro and Atlético Ibirama before joining Atlético Tubarão. "When I went to Ibirama a lot of people said I wasn’t good enough," he said. "I had an awful lot of problems to face and I nearly gave up football to go and help my family". During his time with Atlético Tubarão he established himself in the team, having moved into a more advanced position as a striker, and was given a second chance by Atlético Ibirama in 2009.Having scored eight goals in the Santa Catarina state championship, Damião was transferred to Internacional where he won three titles with the club's under-20 side and earned a call-up to the B team. He scored twice in his Campeonato Gaúcho debut and was then called up to the first team for their 2010 Copa Libertadores campaign. Damião won his first major title in August 2010 when he helped Internacional defeat Guadalajara in the Copa Libertadores Finals. He scored the club's second goal in their second leg victory in Porto Alegre to win the competition 5–3 on aggregate.

International career

He was given his first call-up to the Brazil national team in March 2011 for the friendly against Scotland after Alexandre Pato withdrew from the squad due to injury. "I'm taking advantage of the circumstances to summon a player who has been playing well with Internacional and is young enough to play in the Olympics," said head coach Mano Menezes. He won his first cap in the match at the Emirates Stadium in London, which Brazil won 2–0. Damião scored his first goal for Brazil in a 1–0 friendly win against Ghana on 5 September at Craven Cottage.

In Game Stats

SHOWING SOME BRAZILIAN FLAIR...

[video=youtube;xLjK5R1jPYs]

Reminds me of Fifa :p

In game, Damiao is the perfect package and can play any striking role you would wish to give him, he's not particularly weak in any area, and of note is his finishing, heading, determination and off the ball stats.. not to mention his brilliant physical stats.. he has pace to burn, great balance and the agility, stamina and strength to make him superb as a lone striker or as one of two up front.

For me, he's a must buy for any team who can afford him and needs a proven goalscorer with the footballing world at his feet, which brings me neatly into his price... he's valued at £4.6million at the start of the game and my scouts at tottenham tell me he can be bought right out for £17million, which for me, is great value for a striker of his quality... give him a try, you wont regret it :)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally quoted by welshace

lots of people have signed him for the toon already tmason.. im pretty sure he goes .. ..

and id pick damiao over tardelli anyday... i just feel damiao while not as quick as tardelli is stronger in all other area's

I've noticed newcastle managers signing him... just a bit too much for me. I hate 48month transfer fees, think I seek cheaper options to begin with. Not likely to get Tardelli either as he is now at the super millionaire russian club Anzhi.

I got him to Sevilla for 20m over 48 months and 15% profit of next sale ( not gonna happen as its the demo ) , made his debut and hit the woodwork twice , second match was eufa cup and hit a hat-trick and man of the match !

Impressive so far , i have actually got the mentioned leandro-leandro front line btw, both look good :)

I brought him to Liverpool for 14.5 outright in the summer of 2012. He's not doing that great though, misses a couple of sitters each match. Luckily my midfielders score a lot.

Edit: In the next match after this post I put him as poacher and he scored 5 in the Merseyside derby, as many as he had scored in the whole season up until then (30th October).

I've got him at Everton and would agree he can be quite frustrating.

He'll play at around 5.9-6.2 then get a goal and finish with a rating of 7 or just above. He is getting goals so he's doing his job but he'll need a few decent chances to score. Tried him as a complete and advanced forward. Ass Man recommends poacher but I feel like that could be wasting some of his attributes.

What's the best way to play him?

I paid £19m up-front for him in the second January window. According to his stats he's done pretty well; 11 goals and 7 assists in 23 league games. I usually play him as a TM or poacher, but he doesn't seem to do a lot and often misses chances that Carroll or Suarez would put away.

This guy has been essential for me winning consecutive Serie A-titles with Udinese, scoring 49 goals in 83 apps in the league, mostly playing as a lone striker. Came initially as an long-term replacement for Di Natale, but Di Natale broke his leg and retired within weeks after Leandro's arrival mid-January first season. He didn't ask twice and by the end of the season he was my team's top scorer!

Unfortunately, with two years left on his contract, his wage demands for an extension (initially £82000) far exceeds the maximum wage cap I've set for my players (max £45000 for absolute key players). Unless I can work som magic in the negotiation room I'm looking to cash in on him before his value start dropping.

Very hot and cold for me, can go on a run of matches where he scores two or three a match, and then goes 6 without scoring.

He's had a couple of spells like this for me to, lastly finishing the season going ten hours without finding the back of the net. Guess it happens to every striker.

What would people say is his best role? as am playing him as poacher and he gets a ridiculous amount of chances but misses too many

I personally don't have him, but I'd say Advanced Forward suits him best.

Paid £21m or so in the second season for him and he does seem to be a complete beast. Scored 5 on his debut, but does have dry spells and I agree he does miss a lot of chances. I think he's like 24 goals in 17 games, so I can't complain too much! Still needs to settle a bit I think.

I'm not on the game at the mo, so can anyone see if he has any PPM's?

Archived