Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

i didnt know you couldnt not play in full screen mode?

Ah, so you were already playing in full screen mode.

Please go to the Technical Issues bugs sub-forum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/248-Technical-Issues-and-Crashes) and post your issue there. In the post, can you please share your DXDIAG information assuming you're on a Windows machine (instructions available at: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ-and-Manual?p=6103132&viewfull=1#post6103132). Once we have this information, we should hopefully be able to investigate your problem further.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: I have just downloaded Steam and installed and then created new account. I have had no email to validate (over an hour later) and when I try to sign in using the u/name & pw I entered it displays an error message and directs me to a help page on their website telling me I am already logged in on a different computer.

I've never used Steam before ever.

Do they send an email to validate? how long should this take?

There isn't much in the way of obvious help with this on their site

Any tips on how to improve download speeds? This is killing me right now. I didn't know my Internet was this bad.

Not sure where you are but I'm in Northern England and in Settings on Steam changed the server location from London to Manchester and the download speed increased by 50%

Question: I have just downloaded Steam and installed and then created new account. I have had no email to validate (over an hour later) and when I try to sign in using the u/name & pw I entered it displays an error message and directs me to a help page on their website telling me I am already logged in on a different computer.

I've never used Steam before ever.

Do they send an email to validate? how long should this take?

There isn't much in the way of obvious help with this on their site

Make sure it hasn't gone in to your spam.

As people have said, if you can't run it in your region try entering:

steam://install/71280#

into your browser or your 'RUN' box, this in turn will launch Steam and should download the game.

It works!!! Neil you beauty!!!!

Bring on FM 2012!!!

As people have said, if you can't run it in your region try entering:

into your browser or your 'RUN' box, this in turn will launch Steam and should download the game.

Alternatively, for Mac users, open the terminal from the "Utilities" folder, then type: open steam://install/71280#

It should start downloading

http://store.steampowered.com/app/901788

Tells me that

"An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region"

I'm in South Africa and can't seem to find it any where on steam...

Any help would be much appreciated

Try.

• Administrators
Still not working on Mac in Sweden :(

Open the terminal from the "Utilities" folder, then type: open steam://install/71280#

Try that?

Download is VERY SLOW - hope this isnt the start of bad things with this FM+Steam thing.....

Can't you guys put the demo for torrent? Much faster....much easier for ALL around the world....

no and change the download server. it took me 10 min to download.

Download is VERY SLOW - hope this isnt the start of bad things with this FM+Steam thing.....

Can't you guys put the demo for torrent? Much faster....much easier for ALL around the world....

Where are you based? Steam download is maxing out my Internet connection comfortably to download the demo.

Well cheers Steam. I've already said in the old thread how unhappy I was being forced to use Steam. since the demo is free I figured might as well.

So I've downloaded Steam in order to download the demo. Guess what - they're jerking me about.

They tell me I have an old account and have to use it. But won't let me. Can't get past username (same as this forum name), password (which they've sent me a new one 5 times because they won't accept the old one) and secret question - where was I born. As if I don't know - but they won't accept my answer so I can't get anywhere.

When people hand over hard-earned and get this treatment, there's going to be hell to pay.

:mad::thdn: STEAM are ****

You are not going to be alone - if that is any consolation...

I had to uninstall and then reinstall Steam last week because I couldn't simply get it to work. It was the last option because all the other advice just simply didn't work (not their fault, just to make it clear). When I reinstalled it (same computer that I had unistalled it from) I got a message from Steam saying "we can see you are downloading Steam to a new computer, you are limited to do this on 5 computers or something" and there - I just lost a life. Well, a cat has at least 9 lives...

On top of that I had to re-download FM11, so in a way I'm just glad I didn't have 166 games in the library...

But it might be worth trying to set-up a new account (new email, password, ect...), good luck :thup:

Archived