Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. We haven't been able to sell the game in Germany for a good few years now.

Yeah, but since it didn't need to be activated via Steam, you could still import it and play. I want this confirmed, please: Is this essentially the end of FM in Germany as we know it?

Yeah, but since it wasn't sold via Steam, you could still import it and play. I want this confirmed, please: Is this essentially the end of FM in Germany as we know it?

There will be still a boxed (English) version, which you can activate all over the world via steam.

I've been using it for 10 minutes and I've had enough.

Player profiles are comical. The most important part about them are the attributes and it looks like they've been squeezed in, text everywhere you look. Appearance info for the season removed, replaced with a useless apps/goals section that doesn't even show assists or average ratings, so meaningless if I'm looking at a defenders profile for instance.

Assistant report ruined, not clicking every position to find the best player, what was wrong with the quick and easy report for the formation I've set up to play.

Tactics screen is a horror show. New text is horrid and harder to read.

Sorry but whoever has designed this wants sacking. Those are my thoughts, take it on board or not but I'm not happy with this.

Probably better off downloading later tonight really. SI have decided to release the demo when kids are just coming from school and adults are getting back from work so I'd imagine a lot of people are trying to download it.

Trust me, this demo is going to be nowhere near popular enough to affect the speed of Steam's servers.

• Administrators

Player profiles are comical. The most important part about them are the attributes and it looks like they've been squeezed in, text everywhere you look. Appearance info for the season removed, replaced with a useless apps/goals section that doesn't even show assists or average ratings, so meaningless if I'm looking at a defenders profile for instance.

Assistant report ruined, not clicking every position to find the best player, what was wrong with the quick and easy report for the formation I've set up to play.

Sorry but whoever has designed this wants sacking. Those are my thoughts, take it on board or not but I'm not happy with this.

You can change the 'default profile' screen in the preferences to attributes. As for the other issues we appreciate the feedback.

In the preferences you have choice when clicking on player to go to which screen the profile and the attributes screens. Check out the preferences.

The navigatings a bit wierd. Havent picked a team yet but looked at Arsenal squad and some players - how do I get back to the Pick a Team menu?

Also is there a way for the Attributes screen to be the default view when looking at a player? The Profile is pretty enough but I want to go straight to the Attributes screen without having to click again.

EDIT : I see the attributes thing is answered above. What about navigating?

I found something that i don't like it! When I enter to a player profile and than I enter to his Attributes, Positions, Information, etc, I have to click "back" button for every information column thai I entered.

If you right click on the back button you get a list of previously visited screens, so you don't need to press back multiple times to get to where you were.

Made some changes as shown to Steam but still only getting 600kb/s download speed, normally get 2mb/s with any torrents...

Pressume because there's so much traffic??

I dunno...not impressed by download time so def not buying via Steam...(Steam - why? why? why? (Jose M style)

• Administrators
This is what im getting...

Oops, sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

This item is currently unavailable in your region

should mention im from Rep. Of Ireland

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276641-Football-Manager-2012-Demo-FAQ-Technical-and-STEAM-Issues?p=7132784&viewfull=1#post7132784

You can change the 'default profile' screen in the preferences to attributes. As for the other issues we appreciate the feedback.

I noticed, still doesn't look right theres too much empty space. Couldn't even get past a day I looked at it for 10 minutes and it hurt my eyes. That new font as well as text overload on certain pages is really bad, does not suit FM and looks like it's been designed by a child.

• Administrators
Made some changes as shown to Steam but still only getting 600kb/s download speed, normally get 2mb/s with any torrents...

Pressume because there's so much traffic??

I dunno...not impressed by download time so def not buying via Steam...(Steam - why? why? why? (Jose M style)

If you buy the game, you'll be able to 'pre-load' the game before release meaning it'll download and be ready to play come release. The difference with the Demo is that there was no 'pre-loading' so everyone is downloading at the same time. This will be avoided on release.

But also just used for ten minutes says it all.... givet it liitle bit more time, I don´t say you maybe change, but hey! 10 minutes!?

• Administrators
I think it's brilliant so far! Only one small issue I'm having is in the hall of fame. Someone seems to appear as a number : http://gyazo.com/55d9b89fc1c529b2a9b34b83751d2356.png Not sure if it's just my version playing up with ID numbers or something though.

Yeah it's an issue we're aware of, poor old Jose Mourinho :(

Thanks for bringing it up.

Hi,

Im currently downloading it now. When the game comes out officially will we be able to just keep our save or will we need to start a new one? Will any files mess up by installing this and then the official release at the end of the month??

• Administrators
Hi,

Im currently downloading it now. When the game comes out officially will we be able to just keep our save or will we need to start a new one? Will any files mess up by installing this and then the official release at the end of the month??

It's all in the FAQ but yes you'll be able to continue your save and add leagues via the add/remove league function (although you'll have to wait until the next league season comes round for leagues you add). Thanks.

If you buy the game, you'll be able to 'pre-load' the game before release meaning it'll download and be ready to play come release. The difference with the Demo is that there was no 'pre-loading' so everyone is downloading at the same time. This will be avoided on release.

Ok fair enough, I'll give Steam a go this year then, though I'll miss the midnight q'ing at Asda...(not the thick staff though, "Football Manager? What's that?" Ohhh god get out of my way and just hand the game over you idiot)

Archived