Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok sorry for earlier SI panic over, i'm now scoring goals :D

the game is incredible, it's clean fresh and modern and makes me feel really excited for the game

5 friendlies

leeds 0 motherwell 0

leeds 0 newcastle 0

guiseley 1 leeds 3

leeds 4 liverpool reserves 1

ross county 0 leeds 3

thumbs up SI, i absolutely love the new team meetings and tones!

Yep - mines been fluxuating all the time - the highest it ever got was about 440kb's but is now varying between 80kb's and about 230kb's.

Which is slightly annoying as usually i get a good 1mb's off steam (last years demo was done in about 5 mins - so far been about 20-30 mins this time

Beating river 3-1 with a 4-4-2, won all my other games to, this is unusual for me in FM. I thank the new team talks and the tactic instructions actually working properly!

it works so well imo, i was losing to guiseley at h/t and passionately motivated my team to win 3-1 :D

i'm convinced it was my teamtalk as my entire match day squad said "fired up and motivated"

Beating river 3-1 with a 4-4-2, won all my other games to, this is unusual for me in FM. I thank the new team talks and the tactic instructions actually working properly!

Who are you playing as? Rosario Central are a good bet:thup:

• Administrators
I've downloaded via Steam but no graphics (club badges, national flags, player pictures etc) are showing up in game. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Is this for all teams? We only have licences for certain leagues - it may be worth unticking your skin cache via the preferences to see if that makes any difference (under display and sound).

Let me know, thanks.

before reading your update i was getting 26KB/s.

after changing my download region from Belgium to UK i'm getting 55KB/s.

still not great, but its faster :)

steam said it would take 3 and a half hours at 256KB/s so this is going to take awhile :(

When giving a team-talk to a specific area [midfield, attack etc] you can click no individual team talk, but it doesn't blank out, they react to it but you can still select another team talk for the same area of the field. Bug or is that how it's suppose to be?

• Administrators
When giving a team-talk to a specific area [midfield, attack etc] you can click no individual team talk, but it doesn't blank out, they react to it but you can still select another team talk for the same area of the field. Bug or is that how it's suppose to be?

So you did an 'all' team talk, then a position one, then an individual one right? Or you did two for the same 'position'?

I'm enjoying it thus far, however it seems a little 'busy' and I'll have to get used to that. There are a few annoying little niggles but I've yet to discover anything major. My main annoyance is the lack of a confirmation button when doing team talks. I haven't played many games yet and have accidentally clicked the wrong option a couple of times, causing my team to get angry. I like the fact there are various tones, just not the fact I'm not able to confirm my team talk selection.

before reading your update i was getting 26KB/s.

after changing my download region from Belgium to UK i'm getting 55KB/s.

still not great, but its faster :)

steam said it would take 3 and a half hours at 256KB/s so this is going to take awhile :(

Less than two hours if it stays around 250k/b

So you did an 'all' team talk, then a position one, then an individual one right? Or you did two for the same 'position'?

Did an all one, then went to the individual ones for each position, didn't do one for each individual player.

Basically for the positional team talk it let me pick no comment to make for say the midfield but didn't lock it in even though the players reacted, I could then select another team talk for the midfield which they would react to as well.

I tried the demo for a few minutes after takeing ages to sign up with Steam and not too bothered about it, yeah it looks neater and a few nice little features but not worth paying money for, Ill probably get banned again for having an opinion but I dont care cos Sigames have lost a customer for life with the Steam issue, hope you guys enjoy it through.

I have one question that I hope can be answered, when a job vacancy is listed do the staff that apply for the role actually want that job? I am sick & tired of people applying for a youth coach vacancy when they are only interested in coaching the 1st team.

• Administrators
the skin colors fuction is not memorizing my settings wen i turn off the demo and star again it returns to default ( i turned off sin cache btw)

You need to have skin cache ticked for your preferences to be saved.

Is this for all teams? We only have licences for certain leagues - it may be worth unticking your skin cache via the preferences to see if that makes any difference (under display and sound).

Let me know, thanks.

It was for all teams, just an empty space where graphics would be. But I unchecked the skin cache, reloaded the skin and it's all working fine. Thanks!

• Administrators
I go onto team report, and on FM11 and before that, the Assistant Manager could recommend players to buy. Why isn't it there?

The Assistant can give Potential Loan Reports (for loan players you can sign) and the Position Strength in the Team Report gives a better overall picture of where you are weakest. It's something we are aware of though, thanks for raising it.

I CAN'T RUN THE DEMO!!

When i try to open the game via steam i get this error:

A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:

C:\Users\me\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012 Demo\crash dumps\FM 2012 Demo v12.0.1.225828 (2011.10.06 20.09.19).dmp

I've tried everything you suggest here and nothing please help.

I've started a thread in the technical issues section.

Just a small thing. Why have I got truly huge kits, but my Teams box has a scrollbar? Well, I know why I've got it, the point is can you make the panels size adjustable please, or at least swappable. I'd much rather see a tiny kit and not need to scroll my Teams panel all the time.

ScreenShot006.jpg

Otherwise, enjoying it. Even if it's taking me an age to adjust to the new skin :)

• SI Staff
I have one question that I hope can be answered, when a job vacancy is listed do the staff that apply for the role actually want that job? I am sick & tired of people applying for a youth coach vacancy when they are only interested in coaching the 1st team.

You should only get Staff applying who are interested in the role that you advertised now.

• Administrators
I CAN'T RUN THE DEMO!!

When i try to open the game via steam i get this error:

A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:

C:\Users\me\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012 Demo\crash dumps\FM 2012 Demo v12.0.1.225828 (2011.10.06 20.09.19).dmp

I've tried everything you suggest here and nothing please help.

Can you please log a thread in the Tech Issues bugs forum where we can better assist you?

Cheers

I'm aware of that, but by not offering alternative downloads for the demo, I believe SEGA/SI have made a serious mistake.

That could be percieved as trying to distrubute the game in Germany though. They can't, they'd love to but it would be against the law for them to offer any "workarounds" for those in Germany.

After fighting with steam for 3 hours about where I am born; :mad: for getting my password back. Created a new e-mail account. I don't know what to do with this new account. :confused:

Waiting for demo to download or whatever the steam is doing.

The steam experience as expected. :thdn:

Archived