Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a new Steam account because it recognised my email account.

So I've had to set up a new email account just to satisfy Steam. That can't be acceptable, surely?

Easily fixed by contacting Steam support. No need for new account and thereby shouldn't be a drama for new users when the time comes.

F's sake....

Last 2% and download speed drops to 12kb/s - this sort of thing REALLY puts you off Steam.

Dont care what the cause is, it leaves a bad taste.

TBF that happened with the direct downloads last year. It's called demand and has nothing to do with Steam.

That said, Steam downloading at 847Kbps here so I'd be looking at your PC or router.

ive been downloading for nearly an hour now at roughly 350-400 kb/ps and im only at 66% so id like to kindly request that everyone else stops downloading the demo just so I can get it finished quicker ;) << safety wink :D

but seriously, i REALLY wanna play, come on already Steam!!!!! :D

just to let yous all know, my girlfriend thinks we most all be really really really boring. and shed rather nail her head to the floor a play this. any messages for her?

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9412358&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C{9372015}/categories%3C{9372043}/categories%3C{9372176}/categories%3C{9392052}/specificationsProductType=claw_hammers

• SI Staff
I can't get the demo to work. I've downloaded it and when I press play nothing happens. I press play again and it just says it's already running.

Can you have a look in this thread to see if any of these solutions help:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276641-Football-Manager-2012-Demo-FAQ-Technical-and-STEAM-Issues

If not please post a thread in the Technical Issues area of the FM2012 Bugs Forum and one of my colleagues will help you out:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/248-Technical-Issues-and-Crashes

Have you tried restarting Steam to see if that helps? What are the specs of the machine you're using please?

Yeah I've restarted steam but it didn't work that time either.

I'm no good at specs and that stuff but it's a 2.13 ghz dual core 2 gb ram with Vista as OS.

Well so far so good. First time using stream, no problems at all.

Now to the game:

The Good Stuff:

Loving team meetings and team talk options

Cant wait to be a Lge 2 or BSP team and using the trial day option

Use the attributes button on team list in helping me pop a couple of u-18 on the bench

Not so good stuff:

No really liking the font and scren, seems very busy and a lot going on although not checked through preferences yet

I really think that given a week or two will forget all about FM11 and the new navigation will be a breeze.

Finally just wondering what impact you would expect from the game speed if you turn off 'player history after retirement' that comes up if you right click players name then go to interaction.

Many thanks SI, as its my birthday tomorrow i feel this demo is my best present lol.

• SI Staff
Yeah I've restarted steam but it didn't work that time either.

I'm no good at specs and that stuff but it's a 2.13 ghz dual core 2 gb ram with Vista as OS.

Can you have a look in this thread to see if any of these solutions help:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276641-Football-Manager-2012-Demo-FAQ-Technical-and-STEAM-Issues

If not please post a thread in the Technical Issues area of the FM2012 Bugs Forum and one of my colleagues will help you out:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/248-Technical-Issues-and-Crashes

I can't get the demo to work. I've downloaded it and when I press play nothing happens. I press play again and it just says it's already running.

Try terminating the process (ctrl-alt-delete, click on "processes", look for "fm.exe" and press terminate) and then press play again.

I'm really liking it so far. The new player profile confused me at first, but it's obviously going to be useful to get a good idea of how good a player is with a quick glance.

I dunno, but I find it a bit cluttered so far. That could be my 19" TFT screen (1280x1024 resolution), seeing as how FM is meant to adapt now. Plus the attribute polygon, previously useful to get a quick glance at a player's basic strengths and weaknesses is nowhere to be seen until you click the attributes tag. Speaking about screens that are now bloody PACKED with information (player screen, tactics screen), I hope that the community will still be able to do skins with font sizes a little more friendly (bigger) to the eye. The first thing I always did when trying another skin for FM11 was pasting&copying some lines of config tags from a skin called "tiredeyes", and some used bigger fonts than SI's default skins out of the box as they were.

Thinking about FM's audience, which consists of many people older than me, I'm wondering why there have never been requests for "Tired eye" skins anyway. It's ok, but it can still be tiring, especially when you're spending the entire day at the office as is. Playing FM involves reading and scanning for information and text a lot more than just normal web browsing and most office work anyway. You're not reading lines of text, you're scanning the screen for little numbers and buttons almost non-stop.

Steam sucks.

1) FM is the only game I play in my laptop so having to install Steam is ridiculous.

2) It took me almost ten minutes (and I'm not a big noob) to find the button to download the demo.

3) I won't have the cute icon in the games folder because it's installed via Steam...

4) I'd like a game where in order to play I just had to click the icon and the game starts. You know, like all previous FMs until now...

You realize people will still illegally download the game. If your Steam strategy doesn't work the most likely result is you have the same amount of sells as last year but you'll have a lot more disappointed customers. Like me.

And I haven't played the demo yet!

Steam sucks.

1) FM is the only game I play in my laptop so having to install Steam is ridiculous.

2) It took me almost ten minutes (and I'm not a big noob) to find the button to download the demo.

3) I won't have the cute icon in the games folder because it's installed via Steam...

4) I'd like a game where in order to play I just had to click the icon and the game starts. You know, like all previous FMs until now...

You realize people will still illegally download the game. If your Steam strategy doesn't work the most likely result is you have the same amount of sells as last year but you'll have a lot more disappointed customers. Like me.

1 - It has a small footprint, how is having it there a problem?

2 - sorry but how???????

3 - yes it will

4 - That's all you do. My FM11 is installed via steam. I double click the FM11 icon on my desktop and FM11 opens, it's NO DIFFERENT AT ALL.

Seriously, try it before you whinge!

Steam sucks.

FM10 and FM11 uses steamworks.

Archived