Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

Utterly depressing being a Liverpool fan just now. It's even more depressing reading the sanctimonious crap on their new Tumblr site too. Yes, we're a fantastic club (unique? Wouldn't have thought so.) but we're going to tarnish our history even more than we have done already if we don't finally sort out our on-pitch problems.

I've got just one goal for Liverpool, and that's to win the league. It's been 24 years since we won the league, and that's unacceptable for a club of our undoubted history and our supposed present stature.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coates ball watching when Campbell had the ball and completely lost Bendtner, pretty similar to how Carragher lost RVP, but obviously Coates is the golden boy and doesn't deserve any criticism compared to Carragher.

I think you'll find I didn't criticise Carragher for that goal either. If we're playing offside and a player beats it, thats what happens. No blame for Coates or Carragher imo.

yes we have bought badly. a midfield 3 of spearing hendo and adam should be playing for qpr or someone, not lfc. ok we've had lucas out and gerrard out for long periods but kenny knew this and had a chance to address it in jan but didnt, why? because he'd made his bed in signing hendo and adam and had to stick by them. ok hendo will improve in a better team but adam is absolute gash, i said it before we bought him and i stick by it. awful awful player. and wheres this 3rd top midfielder to go with gerrard and lucas?

same with carroll, if i'd have given everyone on the planet 35m to spend on a striker 18 months ago only 3 out of about 6 billion would have signed carroll and 2 of them are comolli and kenny. we still havent bought anyone for the right side even though its been glaringly obvious for over a year now aswell.

kennys made this team and its a **** team apart from the defence.

Henderson really needs to take it upon himself to do something. He has the ability, but barely ever chooses an attacking option. He's in a team that is crying out for decent service from wide positions, yet whenever he's out there he never decides to whip in an early ball, or attempt to beat his man. 90% of the time he just goes back to Johnson. Infuriating.

I still think he could end up being a really good player for us, but at the moment in this side he's doing more harm than good. It just means we have to rely even more on the likes of Adam and Downing for our service, and look where thats got us.

The question is, have we bought badly, or is the manager just not getting enough out of the players?

Adam has never been this bad in his playing career, Downing looked fantastic at Villa, Carroll used to be able to score and Suarez is a shadow of what he was 12 months ago.

I hope for our sake it's the manager and he has the guts about him to stand down. Just make up some excuse saying he was only put in to stabilise the club during the bad times, he won a trophy (or two), and it's time for a new manager to come in and take us to the next step. Surely all of our offensive players haven't all gone to **** just like that?

I think Downing is not someone that Liverpool should be buying. Could probably say the same about Maxi actually, all these players sort of from the bottom shelf. Henderson isn't a bad buy in the long term and I think Carroll is a good player, showed it and scored goals so unless it's an attitude thing I don't understand why he's not playing. I think Adam at that decent price you got isn't bad but you sort of want him to be a relatively good performer in amongst some other performing midfielders not be the guy you turn to for everything.

Sickens me every time I see that fat mess Adam chugging around in our midfield. Whoever thought it was a good idea to buy that abomination of a footballer needs to be sacked on the spot.

I keep telling myself that Adam was bought as a cheap stand in for Gerrard, could pick the odd pass, could shoot from range and take set pieces, albeit not as well.

But he's been played too often to have been bought as an option from the bench, as a first teamer he was never going to be good enough.

Henderson and Carroll far worse signings though.

Henderson played quite well? Are you kidding me

You may be able to see the whole match in Singapore, I saw 5 minute highlights where he seem involved in a few good things (and there weren't many)

I watched the 90 mins unfortunately why was plan ABC long ball to suarez, bellamy and kuyt? Really just an awful performance all round I couldn't pick out anyone for us I thought had a good game. I couldn't really pick out anyone that stood out for sunderland either and I think we were lucky yesterday they were as poor as we were. If had played anyone half decent I think the score would have reflected the performance.

Defeat to Everton on Tuesday means they overtake us and we could mathematically (although extremely unlikely as Stoke are on -12 :D) be 13th after the next round of games (not checked who's playing who so that might not be strictly true, but meh). That's pretty terrible considering we're heading towards April :(

Going British the worst transfer idea ever

It's not the nationality that makes them bad signings. You might of got Parker, Young, Ox, Jones and Bent. They are bad signings because they aren't good enough. The highest level Adam has played well at was for a team that got relegated ffs. who on earth thought he'd be good enough for Liverpool.

I'm that you might not of been able to sign some of those players, but they are just examples.

From a midfield 3 of Alonso, Mascherano and Gerrard we have now got Henderson, Adam and Spearing

makes me sad :(

Yea, people need to stop this "Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard" ****. Two didn't want to play here anymore, and one gets injured far too much to be considered a core part of the team. Move on.

right, sure, but its the massive massive difference that people are pointing out by doing it. Its not just that we've had a dip in quality, it's that the players are clearly not good enough to be anywhere near our team.

I do get your point, but using the juxtaposition of the two just highlights our bad our current options are, aside from Lucas and Gerrard. It'sjsut a way to show how totally unacceptable the replacements have been. I'm sure if we had kept Meireles, and bought in Parker and a quality CM as our back up to Lucas and Gerrard, nobody would be making the comparision.

We are a club in transition. I didnt think for a second we would get back into the Champions League this season. Baby steps people!!! This season has been a very frustrating one, but with us back in Europe next season, maybe we can attract a bigger name players and then make a push for the Champions League. Sorry, but with the squad we have did anyone truely think we were better than the teams above us???

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/12/liverpool-luis-suarez-paris-saint-germain

would be best all round if he moved on imo. get psg to stump up 30m and we can all move on from this embarrassing season, both on and off the field.

Why would PSG pay £30m for a striker who has failed to show that he can score in a 'top' division, never mind the CL?

If you can get your money back for him you would have done extremely well.

it's pretty clear to see he's a top class player, him not scoring goals in a team that can't create **** doesn't alter that imo. pretty much agree with others who said put him in a team who all contribute attacking wise and he'll have no problem both scoring and creating goals. right now he's literally having to carry the whole burden of getting goals and making chances for himself and he's suffering for it.

i've seen plenty of him to say confidently he's in the top bracket of footballers in the league, and for that he's worth top money. doubt many teams would want all the hassle that comes with him so the options right now who'll be willing to take him is limited so that might drive the price down a bit, i'd still say psg with all their riches would be willing to pay near enough what we'd want though, and that'd be around 30m i reckon.

I was at the game on Saturday and Liverpool were relly bad.

We weren't great either tbh, but even with a weakened team managed to look more creative then Liverpool. Frazier had a great game and constantly hassled and pressured the Liverpool defence, and O'Shea was outstanding really, just stopped anything going through Suarez and Carroll, which was your main plan today. But it was midfield where you looked the worst. Adam is actually awful, which is even more obvious when you watch him Live.

What did surprise me was the decision to take Bellamy off. From where I was sitting him and Enrique were the only two players, when combining down the left, who looked even close to creating anything.

So yeah, great day for me, and O'Neil is doing an amazing job. Kenny on the other hand is having a shocker.

Finishing position: 4th - Not happening

Total points: 69 - NEVER HAPPENING

Total goals scored: 67 - Extremely unlikely

Number of games lost in league: 7 - Already lost more

Top goal scorer (excluding penalities): Suarez - Out of him and Bellamy

Top assists: Suarez - Adam will probably bag this

Most red cards: Carragher - Hopefully I'm wrong

Most yellow cards: Suarez - Probably not gonna happen

Most man of the matches, as decided by us: Suarez - Don't think he was top upto the last tracker

Round we get to in FA Cup*: Quarter - We're there, hopefully I'm wrong and we go through

Round we get to in League Cup*: Win - I WAS RIGHT

Number of league games Agger starts: 18 - Already beat it

Number of games Reina doesn't start across all comps 5 - Looks unlikely

Bad year of predictions for me :(

£30m undervalues Suarez for me. Only have to watch him for Uruguay to know he is worth more than that. His performances for us have been pretty great, it's jsut a pity he's left on his own trying to take on the whole defence by himself. Quite clearly absolutly top class.

£30m undervalues Suarez for me. Only have to watch him for argentina to know he is worth more than that. His performances for us have been pretty great, it's jsut a pity he's left on his own trying to take on the whole defence by himself. Quite clearly absolutly top class.

I've struggled to watch him play for Argentina. Just never seems to get a game.

So basically we are going to have to buy a whole midfield and forward line next summer at this rate. That's going to require an FM style injection of funds surely?

Since NESV came the club has only spent what it earns (net, not gross). Some youth is going to have to be brought through as there is no way we will be spaffing £150m on replacing half the team!

We'd still be turd tactically even with 5 new players. Constantly throwing money at new signings won't solve anything with Kenny in charge unfortunately.

Can we just give Brendan Rodgers the job please?

Archived