Doni (from AS Roma)

Jose Enrique (from Newcastle United)

Sebastian Coates (from Nacional)

Villyan Bijev (from California Odyssey)

Craig Bellamy (from Manchester City)

Loans:

Alberto Aquilani (loaned to AC Milan)

Joe Cole (loaned to Lille)

Dani Pacheco (loaned to Atletico Madrid)

Stephen Darby (loaned to Rochdale)

Peter Gulasci (loaned to Hull City)

Villyan Bijev (loaned to Fortuna Dusseldorf)

OUT:

Raul Meireles (to Chelsea)

David Ngog (to Bolton Wanderers)

Sotirios Kyrgiakos (to Vfl Wolfsburg)

Christian Poulsen (to Evian)

Milan Jovanovic (to Anderlecht)

Paul Konchesky (to Leicester City)

Emiliano Insua (to Sporting CP)

Daniel Ayala (to Norwich)

Nabil El Zhar (Released)

Thomas Ince (to Blackpool)

Gerard Bruna (to Blackpool)

Chris Mavinga (to Stade Rennais)

Philippe Degen (Released)

Deale Chamberlain (Released)

Dean Bouzanis (Released)

Steven Irwin (Released)

Alex Cooper (Released)

Nicola Saric (released)

no trolling or troll feeding, yadda, yadda

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't think meireles, aurelio or maxi (hasn't he said he'd like to move, or am i dreaming that up?) will be with us come the start of the season.

reina

johnson-carra-agger-enrique (hopefully)

kuyt-gerrard-lucas-downing

--------suarez----------

--------carroll-------------

reckon henderson and adam will get plenty of game time though and it'll be quite flexible depending who we're playing.

anyone know the complete list of who went to china?

not seen an official list anywhere tbh. apart from the copa america players i know henderson, gerrard and reina didn't go and raul was rumoured not to of travelled but i'm pretty sure he did. rush and thommo are out there too :D.

suso scored for the reserves today so he obviously stayed behind. would've liked him to be involved with the first squad tbh.

The games against Wolves and Swansea at Anfield are already sold out.

We now have Alberto, Meireles, Gerrard, Adam, Lucas, Spearing, Shelvey plus Poulsen (I know he wont play) do you think we have too many central midfielders or do we need that many for backup? If you think we have too many who should we sell?

The games against Wolves and Swansea at Anfield are already sold out.

We now have Alberto, Meireles, Gerrard, Adam, Lucas, Spearing, Shelvey plus Poulsen (I know he wont play) do you think we have too many central midfielders or do we need that many for backup? If you think we have too many who should we sell?

think shelvey is going on loan, which ignoring Poulsen means 6 players for 3 spots. That's not that bad, would be fine if we were in Europe. Raul and Aqua probably available for the right price.

still can't believe we haven't shifted some of the deadwood like cole, poulson, jovanovic, konchesky, degen etc yet. you'd of thought at least one would've ****ed off by now.

Gonna take a while with their wage demands.

I imagine Cole will go back to West Ham soon, Jovanovic I think is going to germany. Poulsen hopefully will do one to Stoke.

Adam and Henderson are going to help us quite a lot this coming season. henderson has bags of potential and Adam, if anything, is going to free up Gerrard to do his thing. I imagine he is going to do what Alonso did, but not as good probably. Never mind though, relatively cheap signing and if he does well then it is always good.

Genuinely looking forward to this season again, no horrible owners sucking the club dry, King Kenny ready to assault the league and a trimmed down squad with hungry players. Sounds like the Liverpool of old.

Adam and Henderson are going to help us quite a lot this coming season. henderson has bags of potential and Adam, if anything, is going to free up Gerrard to do his thing. I imagine he is going to do what Alonso did, but not as good probably. Never mind though, relatively cheap signing and if he does well then it is always good.

Genuinely looking forward to this season again, no horrible owners sucking the club dry, King Kenny ready to assault the league and a trimmed down squad with hungry players. Sounds like the Liverpool of old.

hendersons potential isnt going to do much for us this season really. its his ability now we need to look at, and given that id prefer to see both meireles and aquilani stay. thats under the proviso of funds being available to sign a winger though. if there isnt and one had to go it would probably have to be aquilani given its likely hes less settled than meireles.

i dont even want to talk about adam. silly transfer, and by silly i mean i cant understand why we signed him, although obviously i can appreciate his talents - i just dont feel its what we should be after.

hendersons potential isnt going to do much for us this season really. its his ability now we need to look at, and given that id prefer to see both meireles and aquilani stay. thats under the proviso of funds being available to sign a winger though. if there isnt and one had to go it would probably have to be aquilani given its likely hes less settled than meireles.

i dont even want to talk about adam. silly transfer, and by silly i mean i cant understand why we signed him, although obviously i can appreciate his talents - i just dont feel its what we should be after.

We signed him because Kenny wanted to sign him. I trust his judgment more than some opinionated drama queens on forums.

Winger is going to be Downing, maybe even Mata as well if we can release the wage bill and negotiate a good deal.

Meireles has been apparently unprofessional in some of the things to do with his contract negotiations so Dalglish wants him out. Aquilani, I'd give him a season under Kenny to see if he can do it in the premier league, the guy never had a chance since he joined really. Very much doubt he'd get it though.

The team we have, with a couple of dead wood shifted, plus a couple of hungry young players is easily good enough for a title challenge, so we don't need *that* much of an overhaul. Need a new centreback though, as Agger is Mr Glass. Unless Kelly can show his worth there, which there is no reason to see he can't.

I dont think stating that i seen the adam signing as bizarre makes me an "opinionated drama queen", more of a concerned onlooker. if you cant appreciate why i might raise an eyebrow at he acquisition of another central midfielder when other areas are still to be addressed, then i dont know why i bothered to read the rest of your post.

with meireles, it was my understanding that he signed with lesser wages with the promise that he'd get a new contract this summer, which was ultimately reneged upon.

i think you need to control your ambitions as well. as much as id like to see us win the title, i prefer to be realistic. after our signings so far i cant see it happening next season. that may change at the end of summer depending on who we bring in, but its far too early to say that we're good enough for a title challenge with a few subtle changes. we need another 4 or 5 players in key positions to compete as a squad to win the title.

Given that United, Man City and Chelsea are strengthening (god knows what's happening at Arsenal) with some big money signings, it's not like everyone is staying static and we're catching up.

We haven't bought a lot of current quality, we've bought mainly for the future (so far), so between a big squad change (including a lot going out) and new players coming in who need some time to settle in, I'd be ecstatic with 4th this season.

Whats the general consensus on the unlikelihood that we can redevelop Anfield?

Bit of a shame in my opinion as I would rather we stayed due to the history of the ground and it'd be cheaper. Would moving to a brand new stadium create more revenue in the long run?

Were we ever in the race to sign Zapata? Remember a quote saying he was close to signing for us then a few days later he was at Villarreal?

As much as I appreciate the history of Anfield it seems impossible to redevlop there without a compulsory purchase of half of the district, which is never going to happen.

Stanley Park is the only way to go I am afraid. It's just a matter of striking a good naming rights deal for the stadium and getting some affordable finance for the rest of the build. As long as we still have a single tier unbroken Kop end then I am not bothered. But we certainly need to raise the capacity to at least 60,000 and we need to vastly increase the corporate boxes and hospitality facilities on site if we want to maximise matchday revenues and perhaps attract major tournament finals and music concerts to increase our income streams.

Sad we will ultimately have to leave Anfield though, but I think it is ncessary.

Archived