Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

I'm not putting anything in your mouth darling, you said "absolute gem", I thought it was a bit generous is all. Glad to see we are now singing from the same hymn sheet though.

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can someone post what reina said re rafa?

can't imagine the foreign lads have any particular strong feelings about him.

Pepe basically said that it was best for all concerned that Rafa moved on due to the underachievement and the situation at the club, but that he was by far the best coach he'd ever worked under. Thoroughly recommend his book, I got it on kindle for under $10 a while ago.

It was made clear at the press conference when Comolli took his job that its the manager who decides on whether the club signs a player or not. Part of Comolli's job is to scout and find players for the manager to sign, but its the manager who has the final say on who we get. Kenny said in the summer we had got pretty much all of his first choice targets so he can't complain he hasn't been backed.

Regarding Reina, to add what Divinity said he also stated that he would like to work with Rafa again in the future so hopefully he gets the chance to again at Anfield.

I just noticed Swansea are closer to us in 14th than we are to Chelsea in 5th. That's not pleasant.

We do have a game in hand which if one would leave us 4 points from 5th and 9 points from 14th though. So that is a little bit misleading.

Obvious we have lost momentum though, we were in the thick of it at the turn of the year, now we are chasing the other top 4 challengers.

If I was a Spurs fan Rafa would be my number 1 target to replace Redknapp. You are pretty established within Europe now and he would be able to take you to the next level and compete with the top sides in the Champions League. Having said that I hope he waits for our job to become available! :)

We do have a game in hand which if one would leave us 4 points from 5th and 9 points from 14th though. So that is a little bit misleading.

It's the derby though, we're just as likely to lose that as win it, which is why I didn't count it. A game in hand isn't points until they're obtained.

It's the derby though, we're just as likely to lose that as win it, which is why I didn't count it. A game in hand isn't points until they're obtained.

Where are you getting that from? I think we have only lost something like 4 in the last 20 derbies. One of them was in the Fa cup and that can happen and one was under Hodgson. Not exactly showing we have as much chance of losing than winning. We have stepped up for most big games this season. Even the game on Saturday we played some brilliant stuff and could have had the game won before Van Persie scored and as usual he won the game for Arsenal on his own. Everton don't have that type of player I'm confident we will win or at least draw.

Where are you getting that from? I think we have only lost something like 4 in the last 20 derbies. One of them was in the Fa cup and that can happen and one was under Hodgson. Not exactly showing we have as much chance of losing than winning. We have stepped up for most big games this season. Even the game on Saturday we played some brilliant stuff and could have had the game won before Van Persie scored and as usual he won the game for Arsenal on his own. Everton don't have that type of player I'm confident we will win or at least draw.

You should just post under your old username. Seriously. We've lost 2 of the last six against them, with 3 wins and a draw. If you're actually that dense that you think the side that has drawn or lost to three of the bottom four this season couldn't fail to win, against a resurgent Everton side only five points behind us, I don't know what else to say to you.

e: Our form is the same as Blackburn's over the last six games. 1 win, 2 draws, 3 losses. In that time Everton are unbeaten.

Martin Skrtel has revealed why watching Craig Bellamy on a daily basis in training has helped inspire him to produce some of his best form in a Liverpool jersey.

The centre-back has been a commanding presence at the heart of the Reds defence throughout 2011-12, leading many to suggest he is currently playing the finest football of his four-year Anfield career.

"That is for other people to say, but I am very happy," Skrtel told Liverpool's official matchday programme for Saturday's game with Arsenal. "For the last few months I have been pleased with my performances.

"There is no reason for it. I have just tried to do my best and not put too much pressure on myself.

"It helps that the team is doing well too. When the team is playing at a high level, it gives everybody confidence to reach their levels.

"In the last 18 months a lot has changed and I think everybody agrees that it has changed for the better."

Skrtel admits watching the likes of 32-year-old Bellamy striving to improve each and every day in training has had a positive influence on him.

Asked about the areas of his game he's been working on at Melwood, the Slovakia international replied: "Everything. Nobody is complete. You see players older than me trying to get better and that inspires you.

"You see people like Bellars (Craig Bellamy); ones who give everything every day. He has been very successful for a long time but he still wants to be the best.

"You have to have that attitude. I am 27 now and I think I can still improve.

"Experience has a lot to do with it. As you get older you learn how to deal with success and failure and I feel a lot more confident in my ability to make the right decisions."

One area Skrtel has clearly improved upon this term is goalscoring.

The No.37's strike in the Carling Cup final was his fourth of the campaign so far - double the amount of times he managed to find the back of the net in the whole of last season.

Nonetheless, while pleased to be offering more in attack for Kenny Dalglish's side, Skrtel insists he takes more satisfaction from a job well done in defence.

"I have got a few more (goals) and I'm pleased about that because before I came to Liverpool I used to score a few," he said.

"It is not my focus, though. It is my job to help the team defend. I would prefer it if the goals were scored by someone else and I helped the team keep a clean sheet."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/skrtel-craig-has-inspired-me

You should just post under your old username. Seriously. We've lost 2 of the last six against them, with 3 wins and a draw. If you're actually that dense that you think the side that has drawn or lost to three of the bottom four this season couldn't fail to win, against a resurgent Everton side only five points behind us, I don't know what else to say to you.

e: Our form is the same as Blackburn's over the last six games. 1 win, 2 draws, 3 losses. In that time Everton are unbeaten.

"If you're actually that dense" :D How pleasant.

You're putting too much into form and not enough into talent edge and home advantage. Bookies will say we're at least 2.5x more likely to win than to lose that game probably.

"You're putting too much into form and not enough into talent edge and home advantage. Bookies will say we're at least 2.5x more likely to win than to lose that game probably.

Yea, it's not like we've got a spectactular failure to win games at home this season that we should be winning or anything.

Yea, it's not like we've got a spectactular failure to win games at home this season that we should be winning or anything.
#

You said there is as much of a chance of us winning as there is us losing. I would call you the dense one. I'm sure the bookies will have both of them results with the same odds come the game :rolleyes:

Notoriously highly strung manager with a penchant for falling out with chairmen and chief execs going to work for one of the most interfering owners in world football? Would seem pretty unlikely tbh.

Would be quite funny to watch though.

Sunderland away next. Hope to see

Reina

Johnson Skrtel Coates/Carragher Enrique

Gerrard Spearing Adam/Henderson

Bellamy/Kuyt Carroll suarez

boom boom boom ... it will be goooals galore.

2 of their best players are suspended. Oh yeah and Fulham are only 3points behind us :(

What's happened?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2111767/Glen-Johnson-Patrice-Evra-clear-didnt-want-shake-Luis-Suarezs-hand.html

Tbh I think he was put in an awkward situation not like he was going to the journos to offer his opinion he was asked about the suarez situation. But at the same time was always going to headlines.

And if he'd said nothing they could have written "liverpools only black player refused to back Suarez" blah blah blah leaving, blah blah blah obviously a racist.

Face it you can't win and people will write whatever they want to.

Archived