Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting on the fence regarding Luis.

Misses some sitters but bangs in the odd crazy good goal from time to time. I can understand people saying he needs more help and that would maybe take the pressure off him a bit and his misses wouldn't be as crucial but at the end of the day, there still misses

Soft goal to concede considering they haven't threatened at all. Their goal just showing us that Carragher is past it, no idea what he was trying to do or what he thought was going to happen.

Never a pen but can't believe we are still so poor from the spot, Great double save but should never have been allowed to get to the rebound, either dirk needs to do better or Hendo needed to give a better shout to let him know he was there. Some great bits of play and have opened them up once or twice and Luis looks back to his tricky best. Unlucky with his shot after beating a few players on the edge and hitting the post is unlucky. Unlucky from Dirk at the end there, great ball in from Charlie and a great run from Dirk and got a great touch on it.

IF we could finish, we would be 3/4 up here. Easily. Same old story and can fully see Arsenal beating us here

PS : Let Pepe take our penalty's from now on

Reina should've done better really, but whoever lost van Persie needs to take a long hard look at themselves (not seen the replay so don't know who was to blame).

Kenny has got to go at the end of this season, just a long long way from being up to the task. Painful viewing every week.

Reina should've done better really, but whoever lost van Persie needs to take a long hard look at themselves (not seen the replay so don't know who was to blame).

Was Carragher "marking" him, and caught ball watching again as he was for the first.

Probably Henderson's best game for us. Spearing also did very well to restrict their chances.

Such horrendous finishing from us though.

it's expecting a lot from a keeper to save that.

i suppose one could say with rvp being left footed reina should anticipate that side. but in fairness once you leave rvp alone there you can only expect one outcome.

I notice none of the pundits wanted to say anything bad about Carragher for that first Arsenal goal, we have Fowler here and nope, it was a great run off Carra there, not at all someone just strolling into space whilst Carragher stood still :p

as for carra. does relatively well. but two critical moments and goals scored.

i hadn't seen the team until i switched on the tv as they were about to walk onto the pitch. was talking the wife, saw carra and cut her off with an aaargh. well justified now. his time has come to an end.

Yeah absolutely shocking management today, Carragher needs to go asap he's just a pure liability. Yet another summer when we're gonna need 3/4/5 players to actually challenge for anything again.

****ing March and we are on 39 points for the season. Says it all to me....not even near good enough!!!!!!!! You can blame everything else but missing considerable chances every single game is not good enough anymore, especially knowing where this club wants to be.

Do we even practice penalties at Melwood?? we are so ****ing bad at this side of our game and it doesn't seem to be addressed.

He seems to escape criticism here but Reina has been off this season and possibly last season as well. Its all fine and well blaming Cara for their goals today but Pepe has been beaten at his near post twice today, but he'll get his game for the rest of the season??? When Agger is fit again he'll go straight back into the side.

Arsenal where always going to score the second half today, the warning signs were there but nobody in responsible positions did anything untill it was too late. It seems to be a common theme at this club.

****ing gutted is an understatement!!

Bye bye CL for this season anyway

You can blame everything else but missing considerable chances every single game is not good enough anymore, especially knowing where this club wants to be.y

it happens far too frequently to be even considered bad luck anymore.

there is a fundamental issue at play here.

When was the last time Coates played though and why hasn't he played? Seems odd

skrtel and agger have been available for most games i think so coates not playing is in itself not such an odd thing. given carra himself has been on the bench for most of the time he has been available.

i guess carra due to seniority was ahead of coates in the pecking order. but one hopes today has kicked that to touch.

Kelly needs some shouting at too, that miss was horrific.

it's the thing that ****ing gets to me. tangible goal scoring opportunities pissed down the drain.

- suarez and the post

- the penalty

- kelly

- downing when the keeper was on the floor outside the box

This is getting embarrasing. We're becoming a laughing stock with some of the players we've signed and the fact that our management is completely and utterly clueless in almost every department.

Give Kenny more money and another season though, right? Come on, it's King Kenny, he deserves a chance! :rolleyes:

Archived