Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

\o/

****ing yes! surprising how happy i was when we eventually won that :D. seeing the likes of reina and skrtel look so overjoyed when we won really hit home how important it was to pick up some success, regardless of what it is. can defo see how this could bring a team closer together and give that little extra something to the overall drive of the club.

6_4f4a85b6b66f0020326955.jpg

I'm happier today about the cup win. I was honestly too busy being angry with Carroll and laughing at Adam yesterday to enjoy the win.

I thought Carrol done ok, he held the ball up well when isolated and brought others into the game. I thought Suarez was lazy, selfish and poor. Adam well I don't rate him he won't be good enough for us. Henderson non existent but not his fault, he should have been playing centre midfield or play Spearing instead of Adam and push Gerrard further forward.

I am happy with back 5 especially when Lucas is back but midfield lacks movement and nobody running from deep, Henderson would run from deep but hardly ever played in the middle.

Agger looks set to be out for a few weeks with a broken rib.

Don't know why some people support us! Why can't you just enjoy winning a trophy. If we win the FA cup and get fourth would you still be moaning Divinity? I have been annoyed by Dalglish as much as most but I also realise he has been in the job just over a year. He doesn't have a magic wand. I'm willing to give him as much time as he wants to get things sorted. I believe he will. How would some of you have treated Shankly during his 7 years without a trophy? Just enjoy our successes! Why else do you support a football club? I really don't understand!

Honestly don't think i could ever have gone home again had we lost this one :D

Will take the win and ignore the crap performance for this one i think. Had amazing seats but was really disappointed by the atmosphere, couldn't really hear the Cardiff fans, or the Liverpool fans across the way from me for that matter.

Will take the win and ignore the crap performance for this one i think. Had amazing seats but was really disappointed by the atmosphere, couldn't really hear the Cardiff fans, or the Liverpool fans across the way from me for that matter.

I think Wembley is a hard stadium to create atmosphere in.

It would help if they turned off that Wembley music. While I was there I didnt realise how close Miller was for winning it for Cardiff and after the first two penalty misses I was ready to head off thinking were going to miss them all :D. Hugley frustrating game overall but Cardiff played well.

Don't know why some people support us! Why can't you just enjoy winning a trophy. If we win the FA cup and get fourth would you still be moaning Divinity? I have been annoyed by Dalglish as much as most but I also realise he has been in the job just over a year. He doesn't have a magic wand. I'm willing to give him as much time as he wants to get things sorted. I believe he will. How would some of you have treated Shankly during his 7 years without a trophy? Just enjoy our successes! Why else do you support a football club? I really don't understand!

Success wasn't expected when Shankly went 7 years without winning anything. And we're not going to get fourth and win the FA Cup when we can't beat Championship sides.

Success wasn't expected when Shankly went 7 years without winning anything. And we're not going to get fourth and win the FA Cup when we can't beat Championship sides.

Well the season before the 7 year spell began we had just won the league and the one before that been in the semi of the european cup, I'm sure there will have been expectations

Right, so we can win against the top teams, but can't beat the worse ones? Definitely sounds like that's not a problem.

I'm sure we just beat a championship side to win the cup and are you forgetting Brighton at the weekend? Also this game was very similar to the final against Birmingham and what did we do that season? Oh thats right win the FA cup and qualify for the Champions League. Think before you post.

Well the season before the 7 year spell began we had just won the league and the one before that been in the semi of the european cup, I'm sure there will have been expectations

Yea, I forgot that we hadn't been in the second division just prior. Ah wait, we had.

I'm sure we just beat a championship side to win the cup and are you forgetting Brighton at the weekend? Also this game was very similar to the final against Birmingham and what did we do that season? Oh thats right win the FA cup and qualify for the Champions League. Think before you post.

The Brighton side that score three own goals? And if you're going to say "think before you post", get the rose tints off and have a look at the table. We're four points off sixth, let alone the gap to fourth. Your post is the epitome of what I was talking about when I said idiots get blinded by a trophy, because they suddenly think a 2-2 draw against Cardiff means all is right in the world because they hit the wrong side of the post with their penalties.

Think he is just happy with have won a trophy!

We are not that far off 4th and they are a fair few games left for that to get better or worse.

Still in the F.A cup.

Performances have not been great in the league recently and we have struggled in front of goal. Signings we have made have not set the world a light but they can play better, so if they do you never no, this cup win may have game them the boost they needed especially Downing.

We should be finishing top 6, lets not underestimate Arsenal and Chelsea. Think the main thing is what we do in the summer transfer window.

okay, i'm delighted we won the cup. especially delighted for kuyt and skrtel (was agger here last fa cup win?). but we also started that game with our 6 attacking players being gerrard +£100m and got taken to pens by a championship side, and i doubt anyone in here was that surprised. our attacking tactics are awful and most of our signings have been too. i can fully understand divinity being worried that cup wins will paper over the cracks and mean nothing changes, i feel the same way. that doesn't take away hanything from how happy i am about the cup win, but likewise, the cup win doesn't change how bad we've been

Yea, I forgot that we hadn't been in the second division just prior. Ah wait, we had.

The Brighton side that score three own goals? And if you're going to say "think before you post", get the rose tints off and have a look at the table. We're four points off sixth, let alone the gap to fourth. Your post is the epitome of what I was talking about when I said idiots get blinded by a trophy, because they suddenly think a 2-2 draw against Cardiff means all is right in the world because they hit the wrong side of the post with their penalties.

So just ignore the fact we had won the league and went close in the European Cup?

I'm not blinded by just this. I can see the faults in Dalglish as much as anybody but he has been out of the game for a while so at least give him a full season.

You still haven't answered the question of why you bother supporting a football team? If your expectation is to be beating sides like Madrid every year then you might as well not bother. We have just won our first trophy in 6 years and you can't even enjoy it. If you offered me the choice now 4th or the FA cup id pick the cup. For me football is about enjoying yourself with memories to look back on. I wont remember in 30 years time if we finished 4th or not this season but I would remember us winning the FA cup and having a boss day out at Wembley. I know I'm probably in the minority there but for me thats what supporting football is all about or what is the point?

And we have a game in hand win that and we are 3 points off fourth with 12 games to go so have a little bit of faith eh!

Maybe Some people Aren't happy because OUR memories are of winning league titles and actually having good footballers in the team, and not being satisfied with averageness, even if the memory is a little hazy. `

While a cup win is a cup win any suggestion other than the league cup is a 3rd rate trophy is silly, yeah its nice to have but on the list of priorities its at the bottom somewhere. Like Henry said its a first step but one step doesn't actually mean we have got anywhere yet lets not kid ourselves, I would rather have lost and get 4th, because that's a bigger step to where we should be as a club and where we keep failing to get to.

Maybe Some people Aren't happy because OUR memories are of winning league titles and actually having good footballers in the team, and not being satisfied with averageness, even if the memory is a little hazy. `

While a cup win is a cup win any suggestion other than the league cup is a 3rd rate trophy is silly, yeah its nice to have but on the list of priorities its at the bottom somewhere. Like Henry said its a first step but one step doesn't actually mean we have got anywhere yet lets not kid ourselves, I would rather have lost and get 4th, because that's a bigger step to where we should be as a club and where we keep failing to get to.

That is what I am saying though people of the generation of the glory days need to wake up and realise it wasn't always like that and it won't always be like that. I am a believer that success breeds success. We as fans should just enjoy these successes, why do people care about the performance in a final? There will obviously be nerves to get over, all the pressure was on us and the likes of Downing, Adam, Henderson and Enrique etc will be quite new to this type of high pressured game.

Also people just need to give Kenny time. Maybe have a go more if the problems are more evident next season but at least give him a full season. Why has nobody mentioned Comoli? I'm sure he's the guy in charge of signing people? If so then Kenny can only use what he is given. I don't see any trophy as 3rd rate,I think before now it was 58 major trophies each between us and Utd, we have moved ahead again. Only a minor thing and I would never use it as bragging right but every trophy counts. You don't compare top 4 finishes at the end of the day. We will get back in the top 4, football comes in cycles and our turn will come again to win the league it is about patience.

You still haven't answered the question of why you bother supporting a football team?

I don't need to justify that to some random idiot who needs to post on his alias because his old username posted the same cringeworthy **** you are now. I've been supporting the team far longer than you, when the team was far worse than now. That didn't mean I accepted mediocrity. If you're going to get into another dick-slinging match over who's superfan again like you did posting under your old username, you might as well just ask to be banned again, because it was idiotic then, and it's even more ******** now.

Also. only an idiot would count it as a major trophy when a significant number of sides play their second-string in it.

I don't need to justify that to some random idiot who needs to post on his alias because his old username posted the same cringeworthy **** you are now. I've been supporting the team far longer than you, when the team was far worse than now. That didn't mean I accepted mediocrity. If you're going to get into another dick-slinging match over who's superfan again like you did posting under your old username, you might as well just ask to be banned again, because it was idiotic then, and it's even more ******** now.

Also. only an idiot would count it as a major trophy when a significant number of sides play their second-string in it.

Apologies must have hit a nerve. Not under an alias never been banned. Not saying you are a glory hunter in any way, wasn't even having a go. I genuinely wanted to see why you support any football team that why I didnt ask why you supported Liverpool. If you can't enjoy winning things what is the point?

I think he's trying to point out that enjoying the win is pretty futile considering the team is very average and is unlikely to bring any long term future success if something doesn't change.

So if Cardiff won, he would be like i do not no why they are celebrating winning it as they are in the championship?

I don't really know what you're getting at here? :confused:

If Cardiff had won, it may have done us some good in the long run though. Not saying I would have celebrated that like, but it felt like an empty win considering it's clear how poor we were (are). The only way I'll be proper made up this season is if we manage somehow to finish fourth and spend wisely on quality players in the summer, as this team isn't going to amount to anything as it is now.

I think he's trying to point out that enjoying the win is pretty futile considering the team is very average and is unlikely to bring any long term future success if something doesn't change.

It's pretty clear improvements have to be made, but unless we get another spectacular amount of money thrown at the transfer market it's gonna have to happen gradually. And even if we did it would be on the back of finishing 4th otherwise the top players who can turn us into a title winning side won't come without CL football. We were never going to go from our position this time last year to challenging for major honours straight away, but winning one trophy could be the springboard we need to lift us, even if it takes another 3-4 years. It happened after 3 won the cup treble in 2001, and it's happened for teams like Arsenal and even Man Utd. Whether Kenny is the man to take us into that era is the question.

Archived