Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only saw from the last 5 mins of the first half, but I thought Adam was horrendous. If he was great in the first half then I honestly missed it. Typical :D

Good performance all round otherwise though I thought, though Brighton were a shambles in the last 30 mins. Their heads seemed to drop and there were spaces everywhere for us.

Edit: he wasn't actually horrendous, it was just the first word that came into my head. Just poor.

Tracker :

Assist :Gerrard           ---     Goal :    Skrtel 
        Johnson         ---                 Own Goal
        Downing       ---                   Carroll 
        Gerrard       ---                   Own Goal ( Gerrard might get it?)
        Suarez       ---                    Own Goal 
        Carroll       ---                   Suarez 

Missed penalty : Suarez

Motm : My vote goes to Luis. Bar the penalty miss I think it was a great performance from him, linking up alot better with certain players, trying to bring the likes of Downing and Henderson into the game more and some amazing individual bits of skill.

If anyone is interested you've taken our (Pompey) defender Sam Magri on trial. Cracking young player. Let me know if you hear anything.

Sam Magri is being lined up for a move to Liverpool.

The News can reveal that the promising defender will begin a one-week trial with the Merseyside giants from Monday after the Anfield club approached the Blues this week.

Magri will play for Liverpool reserves against Everton on Friday night. And if he impresses, negotiations will then take place between Liverpool and Pompey with a view to a permanent deal.

The 17-year-old, from Fratton, is regarded as one of Pompey’s most promising talents but has yet to be named in a match-day squad.

The life-long Pompey fan has played for England youth at a number of age levels and last summer skippered England under-17s to the quarter-finals of the Fifa Under-17 World Cup in Mexico.

have you got a link to the last one you did dp?

December 22nd was the last time I updated it looking back through the thread, though I don't think I ever posted it. I remember why it fell into disuse now, there were a few things left unresolved from ages ago.

If you or anyone else wants to carry it on then I'll post in here a copy where I got up to. All you'd need to do is quote the post and c&p it into notepad.

If anyone is interested you've taken our (Pompey) defender Sam Magri on trial. Cracking young player. Let me know if you hear anything.

He is playing in the under 18 derby on friday night. I imagine it will be on the LFC channel for free if you wanted to watch to see how he gets on. Will be a difficult debut so if he plays well he will probably be kept on.

I hope Wembley have not put a load of plastic flags out for us! ;)

haha imagine, no doubt there would be a few divvies that would use them but wouldn't go down well with the majority.

1 more day of work to go its going to drag so slowly then up early and head down to London on Sunday. Can't wait now going to try and hold back on the drink so I have good memories of my first Wembley final with the reds.

let us know if you need any advice :)

Haha think we will be ok! Got a good little pub that only a few hundred or so Liverpool fans know about, bit out the way but the owner is a red and serves us cheap drink! Also if things go to plan we could have another two trips not too far away!

Haha think we will be ok! Got a good little pub that only a few hundred or so Liverpool fans know about, bit out the way but the owner is a red and serves us cheap drink! Also if things go to plan we could have another two trips not too far away!

Whats that? Its not the Globe is it?

Whats that? Its not the Globe is it?

No not the Globe giving that a massive swerve. Seems thats the RAWK pub of choice so that is enough for me to steer well clear.

I can't wait until I come out of uni and get a job. I'll be going to all sorts of finals. Gunna apply for season ticket next year, so hopefully only half a decade to wait.

Season ticket waiting list is closed so you can't apply unfortunately. A membership these days is almost as good if you go to every game. You have to keep your loyalty up to have a chance. Also wouldn't bet on you going to all sorts of finals too easily. About 8,000 reds were let down who qualified never mind all the ones who never, its all about luck these days, there is a ballot for every final.

Sounds like you haven't had much experience dealing with our ticket office. Good luck for next season they are a joke. Also if you aren't local you will need even more luck. The postal deliveries are ridiculous and dealing with them over the phone is awful. I always go to the ground for my tickets. Online sales are poor as well, you can look and it says there are only main stand left, go down to the ground and get a kop ticket easy.

A lot of the foreign fans travelling from abroad for the final are still waiting on tickets bought 2 weeks ago and they travel tomorrow.

Finally all sorted for Wembley!

Picked up my train tickets from Lime Street before to avoid any difficulties tomorrow morning. Saw loads of lads going down today very jealous of them bet a load of scousers will be having a good night in London tonight!

Got my beer for the train sorted and in the fridge.

Butties made and in the fridge, money out from the cash machine, alarm set, clothes ready and ticket in my coat already so I don't forget it!

Can't wait, will be in London for around 11 probably head up to Wembley at about 2.45 to join in the protests and soak up the atmosphere.

Archived