Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think we should get rid of insua after that showing, out of position for what seemed like the whole half and cross after cross were coming in from that side, his link up play going forward was terrible too. after a year long loan i'd hoped he'd improved, but he hasnt.

poulson and degen are terrible footballers too, if anyone didnt know...

I'm not bothered about the scoreline but am bothered that we played so deep in the first half and hit long ball at every opportunity even though we had nobody that far up the other end of the field.

Carroll, Kyrgiakos, Shelvey, Robinson all featured in the Arsenal 1-1 game end of last season with Cole on the bench, this is our cover when we have injuries which is worrying.

Insua is poor people say he will come good just like they did with Babel, Pacheco etc but they never do.

i think we should get rid of insua after that showing, out of position for what seemed like the whole half and cross after cross were coming in from that side, his link up play going forward was terrible too. after a year long loan i'd hoped he'd improved, but he hasnt.

poulson and degen are terrible footballers too, if anyone didnt know...

Having seen Insua all of last season, I can't believe Liverpool wanted him back. He's average, even for the Turkish league. If he was quick/fast he would be worth having in the squad just as a destroyer but he is painfully slow.

what was the point in that? complete waste of time.

I agree, why didn't Sterling and Pacheco get a chance in any of the pre season games, are they involved in tournaments for their country? 2 pre season games left and we have not sent out a strong11. I thought pre season was about getting your new signings to gel with the current players and see what your best team is and how you would fit everyone in.

It's exactly that sort of knee-jerk crap which led to us getting Konchesky last season. Have some patience with the kid and he'll come good.

ive had plenty of patience. i'm saying now what i was saying 2 seasons ago about him and i was happy to give him a chance this season but he's been very poor so far. he hasnt improved at all in his faults from what ive seen since he started playing for us.

and what part of not wanting insua to stay implies that we will sign another konchesky? not very likely is it? we are under new management you know ;)

not that im expecting us to break the bank, £15m for enrique is ridiculous and i'd tell them where to go aswell but im sure we can buy better than insua.

I agree, why didn't Sterling and Pacheco get a chance in any of the pre season games, are they involved in tournaments for their country? 2 pre season games left and we have not sent out a strong11. I thought pre season was about getting your new signings to gel with the current players and see what your best team is and how you would fit everyone in.

Sterling was at the U17 World Cup, dont think Pacheco has been anywhere though.

yeah, was pretty pointless.

on the plus side aqua and kuyt looked pretty good. shame it looks like aqua wants to go, hopefully he ends up staying as hes got the qualities to have a big impact imo.

i can see the kuyt/suarez partnership being a good one aswell and something i wouldnt mind seeing more of. kuyts so much better up front, as he showed last season.

yeah, was pretty pointless.

on the plus side aqua and kuyt looked pretty good. shame it looks like aqua wants to go, hopefully he ends up staying as hes got the qualities to have a big impact imo.

i can see the kuyt/suarez partnership being a good one aswell and something i wouldnt mind seeing more of. kuyts so much better up front, as he showed last season.

Yeah, the games where Kuyt and Suarez played upfront together last season were really good. Doubt it'll happen much this season with Carroll fit though.

Guillem Balague claims Liverpool thought about Mata and knew it would cost around 15 million euros but we went for Downing instead and we are no longer interested in Mata.

Mata regular international for a country who have won European championship, world cup, champions league experience, about 5 years younger £5 million cheaper but we opted for downing. I'm sure there is logic in there somewhere.

Mata might be lightweight for the premiership might be some peoples view or downing has a better crossing ability but if it was me I would have gone for Mata.

Guillem Balague claims Liverpool thought about Mata and knew it would cost around 15 million euros but we went for Downing instead and we are no longer interested in Mata.

Mata regular international for a country who have won European championship, world cup, champions league experience, about 5 years younger £5 million cheaper but we opted for downing. I'm sure there is logic in there somewhere.

Mata might be lightweight for the premiership might be some peoples view or downing has a better crossing ability but if it was me I would have gone for Mata.

Downing is english, logic found :p

Also have to consider how quickly they felt Mata would adjust to the premiership don't have the same issue with Downing. Am not saying its right I would have liked to have seen us get Mata just feel with us being out of europe this season they wanted players who adapt and slot into the club very quickly.

I doubt he would of joined us anyway at present.

Basically, they went for Downing as he is proven in the Premier League. There is no guarantee that Mata would settle or adjust quickly. It plainly obvious that this season at least the transfer policy is to buy experienced Premier League players.

i'd be shocked if mata went for less than 20m and i would've been even more shocked if he chose to come to us for that price if we bid (which we won't now ofc), as you can be sure most top champions league teams all around europe would be in for him if he's available at such a low price.

I doubt he would of joined us anyway at present.

Basically, they went for Downing as he is proven in the Premier League. There is no guarantee that Mata would settle or adjust quickly. It plainly obvious that this season at least the transfer policy is to buy experienced Premier League players.

Henderson, Caroll and Adam have only played in the premiership one season each so not very experienced ;) I know what you mean though. I'm just disappointed we have not sold any dead wood (can't blame the management for that) left back and centre back has not been addressed and my fault for believing twitter and the media saying we have £100 million to spend, Mata, Enrique etc

would come.

Saying all that this time last year I was worried if the club would still exist so can't complain too much.

Archived