Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kids put in decent performances, but no way do I want to have to rely on them all season if/when Johnson and Aurelio get injured. Soti is awful, Carra is another year older. If we want CL football we need a defence that is settled and dependable and we don't have that

I mean our whole team was perfectly find after Kenny/Clarke came in, so on that logic we shouldn't have needed to sign anyone.

The kids put in decent performances, but no way do I want to have to rely on them all season if/when Johnson and Aurelio get injured. Soti is awful, Carra is another year older. If we want CL football we need a defence that is settled and dependable and we don't have that

I mean our whole team was perfectly find after Kenny/Clarke came in, so on that logic we shouldn't have needed to sign anyone.

I'd be ok with relying on Kelly/Flanagan on the right but other than that, totally agree.

goals

assists

major part in a goal (was called something far better than that before but i can't remember, sure someone will)

yellows

reds

goals inside box

goals outside box

amount of times suarez gets an opponent carded

pass completion

appearances

home record

away record

horror defending causing us to concede/at fault for goal

mom

usual goalkeeping stats (clean sheets, conceded etc)

my two cents.

used to really like the tracker. always found it useful and it used to fuel a few discussions such as who was the man of the match, who contributed to a goal and such.

Just looked back in a past club thread and found an old tracker. The categories were:

Appearances

Goals

Assists

Significant Contributions

Penalties Won and scored

Penalties conceded

Failure to score in a match

Time of goals scored

Time of goals conceded

Clean sheets

At fault for goals

Man Of The Match

Bookings/Reds

League position by game

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1285/Jupiler-Pro-League/article/detail/1300184/2011/08/02/Jovanovic-voor-twee-jaar-naar-Anderlecht.dhtml

"After a long but fruitful negotiations we reached an agreement with Liverpool for Jovanovic to tie with Anderlecht," says spokesman David Steegen Anderlecht. "The player has a current value for the core and, beyond his undeniable talent, the necessary experience." General Manager Herman Van Holsbeeck himself went down to Liverpool to complete the negotiations. "The board is extremely pleased that the negotiations to a successful conclusion have gathered," he responded from the British city. The 30-year-old Jovanovic undergoes Thursday the medical tests in Brussels, after which the transfer could be completely finalized. Golden Boot after passages at Shakhtar Donetsk and Lokomotiv Moscow, where he mainly in the rag basket was, was the Serbian striker in 2006, go to Standard. In Rouches he grew into one of the trendsetters. He picked up two national titles and individual awards: in 2008 he was elected to Professional Football Player of the Year, last year he was awarded the Golden Boot. After the World Cup with Serbia, where he scored in the match against Germany, relocated it to Liverpool on a recommendation from former coach Rafael Benitez. However, the Spaniard stepped before the start of the season and the adventure of Jovanovic at the Mersey was not successful. After one season he again crosses the Channel to relaunch his career at Anderlecht. Mbokani get the file-maybe tomorrow a denouement. Then a delegation of Monaco in Brussels expected. (Belga / SVM)

Jovanovic is supposed to sign for Anderlecht today so hopefully we can bring a player in now. Liverpool linked with Shawcross today for £12 million, some reports claim we will bid for him and Scott Dann.

Signed for two yeare with Anderlecht. No transferfee paid it seems. There was talk that Liverpool bought of his contract? Any idea how much they gave?

Too many rumours from different media sources for there not to be anything in it but seems we have agreed a fee for Enrique

£6 million. Lots of rumours going around that Joe Cole is joining qpr think it's loan deal if it happens.

Signed for two yeare with Anderlecht. No transferfee paid it seems. There was talk that Liverpool bought of his contract? Any idea how much they gave?

I thought the player agreed to look for another club and whatever wages he accepts Liverpool will make up the difference I could be wrong though.

One of tomorrows back pages

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1268/96034801.jpg

I rather keep Aurelio and sell Insua then buy another left back to replace Aurelio next season. Daily Mirror thinks we will get Enrique for £5 million but I doubt it will be that cheap.

Ins Adam, Enrique, Downing, Henderson, Doni, Dann

Out Jovanovic, Cole, Aquilani, Pacheco

If the above happens will you be happy with this transfer window?

Aquilani seems to be home sick and looks to be on his way out £8-15 million depending what you read. Dalglish will have worked with Pacheco while working with the youngsters and has opted to

never use him while none of the previous managers gave him much game time. I don't think Dalglish rates him.

aurelio must be on about 40k. don't see the point in keeping him if enrique comes in. i'd prefer a settled back 4 with minimum changes, especially with no european football too.

happy for insua or robinson to step in if needed and give them a chance to develop.

Agger won't be fit every game and Carragher won't be a regular in 2012/13 season maybe not even next season. I don't know much about Dann, might prefer Cahill as he has more pace and

comfortable on the ball but from the rumours going around since June it seems Dann is the one we want most.

Sorry I forgot about Konchesky.

I would love to sell Poulsen, Insua, Ngog, Jones etc bit hard to get rid of dead wood who have not impressed in the premiership and are on high wages.

Did Aurelio not come back on a pay as you play deal?

I don't know what to make of the Aqua situation tbh. I think he just wants to be settled somewhere which is probably why he wants to move permanently instead of a loan move. Can't blame him. I, like many would love to see him stay and I hope it pans out now that he will stay since the latest news on Gerrard isn't as promising as we thought.

No, is the short answer.

Thats a hell of alot of cash on average to good premier league footballers, i just dont see where the value is past this season. If the aim is to get back in to the champions league are any of them champions league players or will they need replacing again and if so who do we think we are going to get the money back from ?

i just dont see the sense in it. I'd love to be wrong and them all step up to be truely continental class players i just don't see it right now or even see the potential.

I'm not ecstatic about our purchases so far, but I can see why they've been bought.

Carroll, Kuyt, Suarez, Downing, Adam, Gerrard between them have a pretty good history of setting up and/or scoring goals in the Premiership.

Henderson doesn't and is still a big question mark for me.

Backup is a concern. Meireles and Maxi as squad depth creativity are inconsistent, Cole is a joke and Aquilani is on his way out.

Of All seasons tho squad depth matters least. We've 38 games next season that matter thats it. 10-15 fewer than we've been used to theres only one focus and one aim, top four as a minimum theres no need for average to good players to fill in for midweek european games because there arnt any.

I guess what worries me slightly is i cant see the big picture, and what the strategy is when it comes to transfers.

Not officially confirmed yet but lots of people are saying on twitter that a fee for Enrique has been agreed, appears to be £6m. The Mail and Mirror are saying the deal will be completed today. Would be very happy to have him.

Excellent news if we get Enrique, that defence is clearly the weak link at the moment. A centre back and shifting more deadwood out and it's been a decent summer.

Really want Aquilani to stay though, he's clearly a class player.

If, before the Sunderland game, all the rumours had come true, Cole had gone to QPR, Ngog had gone to Bolton with a suitcase full of cash and Cahill had come the other way and Enrique had signed...that would be a fantastic summers business.

Tony, I think the sports science people have a lot of say and Suarez will start on the bench

Though we could have a little prediction competition. Questions and points below. Post by the friday before our first league game . Any players bought after the first game will be excluded for the individual awards.

Finishing position: 25pts for correct, 10pts for being within one place, 5pts for being within 2.

Total points: 50 pts for being bang on. 25 pts for being within 5. 15 pts for being within 10

Total goals scored: 50 pts for being bang on. 25 pts for being within 5. 15 pts for being within 10

Number of games lost in league: 15pts for being bang, 10pts for being within 2.

Top goal scorer (excluding penalities): 20 pts.

Top assists: 20 pts

Most red cards: 10 pts

Most yellow cards: 15 pts

Most man of the matches, as decided by us:15pts

Round we get to in FA Cup*: 15pts

Round we get to in League Cup*: 15pts

Number of league games Agger starts: 30pts for being bang on, 20 pts for being within 2, 10 pts for being within 5

Number of games Reina doesn't start across all comps 15pts bang on, 10 pts for being within 2

*please specify win or lose if the final

Finishing position: 2nd

Total points: 84

Total goals scored: 78

Number of games lost in league: 4

Top goal scorer (excluding penalities): Carroll

Top assists: Suarez

Most red cards: Lucas

Most yellow cards: Carroll

Most man of the matches, as decided by us: Suarez

Round we get to in FA Cup*: Semis

Round we get to in League Cup*: Quarters

Number of league games Agger starts: 26

Number of games Reina doesn't start across all comps 6

Finishing position: 4th

Total points: 72

Total goals scored: 68

Number of games lost in league: 7

Top assists: Downing

Most red cards: Suarez

Most yellow cards: Carroll

Round we get to in FA Cup*: Semi

Round we get to in League Cup*: Win

Number of league games Agger starts: 20

Number of games Reina doesn't start across all comps 6

Finishing position: 1st

Total points: 84

Total goals scored: 83

Number of games lost in league: 5

Top goal scorer (excluding penalities): Suarez

Top assists: Gerrard

Most red cards: Lucas

Most yellow cards: Lucas

Round we get to in FA Cup*: 5th

Round we get to in League Cup*: 4th

Number of league games Agger starts: 25

Number of games Reina doesn't start across all comps: 3

Finishing position: 3rd

Total points: 76

Total goals scored: 72

Top assists: Suarez

Most red cards: Gerrard

Most yellow cards: Lucas

Round we get to in FA Cup*: Win

Round we get to in League Cup*: Win

Number of league games Agger starts: 28

Number of games Reina doesn't start across all comps: 6

Finishing position: 4th

Total points: 68

Total goals scored: 69

Top goal scorer (excluding penalties): Kuyt

Top assists: Gerrard

Most red cards: Carragher

Most yellow cards: Adam

Round we get to in FA Cup*: Semi

Round we get to in League Cup*: Quarters

Number of league games Agger starts: 35

Number of games Reina doesn't start across all comps 3

happy with poulson. apparently hodgson's wanted to sign him for years too.

hopefully this triggers the sale of masch.

:D. post by me last year. wanting masch gone was only because i wanted it to be sorted as it was obvious he was off iirc, still, awful looking back.

was just checking if i made predictions last year, which i didn't it turns out.

Archived