Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On records where you have top goal scorer and league apperances. It woulb be good if you could maybe have the top 5, So you can see your players moving uop the all time goal scorers charts or league app. This could be for your club, cup comp or league you are playing in.

Originally posted by aston_martin:

i think that there should be a wind up player option so you can wind up opposin players on yellows or ones with bad temprament and also a to get your player(s) to run at an opposing player more to try and get him sent off when booked i think that would make the matches more realistic

You can kind of do that now, but it's not explicit. You can set up your tactics to run at a certain player, maybe tackle them harder to try and wind them up etc.

Originally posted by shamule:

On records where you have top goal scorer and league apperances. It woulb be good if you could maybe have the top 5, So you can see your players moving uop the all time goal scorers charts or league app. This could be for your club, cup comp or league you are playing in.

I like icon14.gif

Scout reports for your own players

I really like the scout reports, and would like to be able to be able to scout my own players to check on their ability and more importantly - future ability.

Currently, you can only get the training reports which vary as to who is managing the training and their ability to judge potential.

Originally posted by Tim Madisun:

Scout reports for your own players

I really like the scout reports, and would like to be able to be able to scout my own players to check on their ability and more importantly - future ability.

Currently, you can only get the training reports which vary as to who is managing the training and their ability to judge potential.

Or a training card along the same lines as the scout card but delivered by the coaches.

Asked for before but not implemented yet:

When a player picks up an in game injury and gets the dreaded green cross, the ability to get some sort of physio report about the seriousness of the injury- even if you are given a choice with a suggestion from the physio about the action you should take.

Some sense to the Assistants training report that doesnt tell you that player X hasnt trained well last month when he has been injured!

I would like in the player search area, when selecting the filters, to have an affiliated club team player search, that way rather than scrawling through the 5 or 6 feeder clubs etc, I can just select say affiliated clubs -> listed for loan etc.

Hallo Everyone!

First of all, I'm new to all this forum stuff so i dont really know how to behave... I'm sorry if i break any rules, i dont intend to.

I just think you should be able to put yourself as the coach i training sessions. i think many lower league club acctually use their manager to run training. Maybe theres a post about this somewhere, but like i said im kinda new.

Thanks for your time

Trials to be more used by you and the AI{/b].

IRL many players are on trials all year round.

It happends for:

- potential signings (also for high profile players, etc former national players)

- for players coming far from your country (eg. eastern european, african etc.)

- potential hot prospects get invitations to come on training trial at bigger clubs (Chelsea having 4-5 danish prospects on training right now. Andreas Laudrup at Ajax right now etc.)

Now trials is just used very rarely. It should be a the best way to get a great scout report/attributes/hints about hidden attributes or mentality of the player, that you can't get by normal scouting.

Originally posted by FrazT:

Some sense to the Assistants training report that doesnt tell you that player X hasnt trained well last month when he has been injured!

Yeah needs sense and why not list more players than only 3?

In a game I setup special training for attackers and defenders. So I get a report that my strikers have failed to progress in (defense) and the reverse for my defenders.

More than anything, I would like the ability to be able to sell the players I don't want. Sure, all clubs will get stuck with the odd one, but Champ clubs will always be sniffing for the Prem players who aren't getting in their first teams. This part of the game is not realistic.

More than anything though, I would like SI to realise that they have a very loyal following due to the quality of their product and their after sales service. There really is therefore no need to rush out a new version just because CM are. Let them have the buggy games. Believe me SI, would rather wait a week or two longer for the finished product. I don't buy other games, there's no point is there?

for future versions i would like to see re-ranking and the AI figuring out your tactics done more realistically becuase in FM07 it just sort of happens suddenly so your tactic could be doing great and then all of a sudden the AI figures it out. IMO this is not realistic as IRL the opposition teams would figure out your tactic gradually so it would become less effective over time not completey uneffective suddenly, this is the only thing that drags FM07 down IMO.

this is just a very small something that has always bugged me but never (i think) has been sorted out

When before a game, a player is ineligable, it is possible tio click on the INE sign. When you do however, it never tells you why they are ineligable! Either i am being blind or its just a miniscule fauly in an otherwise extremely enjoyable game.

Originally posted by Adam James:

When you introduce a player as a substitute, the ability to tell him to "Make a difference", "Hold on for the result" and such like.

The amount of times I want to tell a striker to "make a difference" when I bring him on but I can't.

My Idea icon_razz.gif

While I understand that most of the people who play this game aren't American. I think that the addition of some NCAA soccer clubs for the united states would be interesting. Though the licenses would have to be faked because of how the NCAA works. But i think that being able to scout college matches would be great for those who play MLS.

Originally posted by Adam James:

When you introduce a player as a substitute, the ability to tell him to "Make a difference", "Hold on for the result" and such like.

The amount of times I want to tell a striker to "make a difference" when I bring him on but I can't.

Good idea icon14.gif

When filtering players in player search, an option which lets you filter through 'domestic stats', then the aspects like 'player rating', or 'games played' (lets you see which players are being negelcted), then say above 7.30 or less than 5 games - like the attributes part already in the filter section. I know it can be done through sorting stats, but I want to be able to have that and prices sorted as well.

Substitution:

When doing a sub there text commentary should include the player position.

e.g. Rooney (ST) is being subbed with Henke.

Okay Rooney is a famous person so we all know he plays as a ST but in many of the games I play I have to find the team overview of the opponent when he did a sub to see if it was a defender, midfielder or a striker.

More reaction after you've resigned to take another job. At the moment its like you've never existed. How did the players/board/fans/local press/local women take your sudden departure (only joking with the las one!).

Also, greater player IQ to recognise when a new boss has arrived, when he's just been removed from the transfer list, when he hasn't been playing well etc. EG, a transfer listed player has "wants to prove his worth" in his screen. You take him off the transfer list to give him a chance and he's immediately moaning and groaning about first team football as if its a big surprise he hasn't been featuring.

On the last one: More reaction during your spell at the club, e.g. 'XXXX (Board Cahirman) is impressed with the the qualification into the second round proper of the FA cup. As a reward he gives you another 3k in your transfers'

Secondly, a recognition of past greats on a) Club Info screen, and b) During stadium Change, including the naming of differant stands, and an amount of seats to be made.: e.g. Chelsea Info: Past Greats: Peter Osgood, 'Chopper' Harris, Willy 'Fatty' Foulkes.

"New Stadium to be built: Chelsea have announced today that they will be starting work on the 'Chopper' Harris Memorial Stadium, seating 80,000 on 1/1/25. The differant stands are to be the New Matthew Harding Stand, The New Shed End, The 'Fatty' Foulkes East and the Osgood West Stand. Work will be finished on approx. 1/1/27.'

Basic rehaul of stadium moves^^^^^^

Thirdly , a placement (fictitious or real) of away and home fans, using coloured borders on the edge of the match screen. This will provide a sense of depth equalled by the 'substitute warm-up' scheme. e.g:

|=================|

| |

| || ||=Away fans.

|=================||

This means that when the commentry 'And xxx runs over to the Swansea fans in delight', he actually runs to the Swansea fans.

Lastly, an addition to the commentry, and Media comments.

e.g.1 [Commentry] And Ronaldhinio swivels on the ball.

He goes past one, two.

He looks to pick out Deco at the far post.

The cross comes in.

Deco rise to header, but misses!

And theirs Xavi, hes hit it well.

Its in like a bullet! Gooooaaaaaal!

e.g2[Media] 'You've just lost 4-0 to bottom of the league Blackburn, how do you feel?

Option 1:Itwas awful. My team played the worst it has all season.

Option 2: We all have our bad days. This was just worse than ever.

Option 3 (Less than 6 'First Team Players'[Definition up to SI]) As you can see, I was giving my reserves a run out. They are obviously not as agood as My First team.

Option 4: I am happy with the way my team oplayed, we were unlucky to be honest.

Option 5:I am planning to rethink my tactics as a result [Possible comment on this after next match, depending on positive/negative]

Option 6: We changed our tactics for this, that is obviously the problem [Again, as above.

This could carry on as well. This would make the games interaction feature far better than it is at the moment...

I'd like to see the option to ask your board for more money if you really want to sign a specific player you feel will be an assett to the club.

e.g. You only have £14million, but a striker you would like to sign would be available for around £16million, so you go to the board (or maybe include it under the "Player Interaction" submenu) and ask for additional funds.

This has been requested countless times before, but alas, to no avail icon_frown.gif.

One thing which would assist, especialy with the bigger named clubs, is the abiloity to sell naming rights for your stadium (e.g. Emierates stadium). Even if it was controlled and done through the board, it would create an extra revenue stream for the clubs, something which does happen in real life.

Originally posted by elfinke:

Something ALL CM/FM games have been in dire need of, but I don't think they've ever had implemented...

...a 'boss' button.

FM needs a big button on the interface that you can click to make FM minimise and open wordpad/excel or some such office-like product, that you can hit when your boss is approaching your work station/desk.

icon_biggrin.gif

you can macro windows key+M to minimize all windows on your desktop.

This probably has been said before, but I don't really know what to put in the search engine thing.

But it would be good to be able to have a "shout" option during the game. Maybe it could go in the "quick tactics" bit and look like a half time/ full time team talk.

For me, it gets really annoying when you change tactics but players atill either mess up all the time or just seem lazy and you can't shout at them until half time. I want to be able to rip into them from the sideline.

I'd like the ability to tick a box that allowed me to automatically refuse ANY offers. Having these clutter my future transfers in page is annoying, when there's no way they're coming in, but with so many damn offers (including the same ones over and over), it's too time consuming to refuse them (IMO).

It'd be nice to be able to clear out the scout reports on my scouts.

I'd like for bids that meet my requirements not be rejected for some unknown reason. For example, I set a "reject all bids 14.99 million $ and lower" on a player. A club came to me with an enquiry on that player. I said I wanted $15 million and a 20% sell-on clause, they agreed, yet I auto-rejected the bid. It would be nice if combo bids (such as 5 million now, 10 million over X months) would count as a 15 million bid (which would meet the requirements to not get auto-rejected, which they currently do).

Better logic in generating gray players in emergency situations would be nice. Just had a horrid Gold Cup final vs Mexico as the US manager. 22 man rosters, and injuries just piled up over the tournament. Had 9 injured players for the final. I had started the tourney with a back line of 4 (DL, DR, DC, DC), but injuries left me with only TWO healthy defenders (I had called up a total of 7 players who could play on the back line, and was left with 2 DCs and 1 DM). The computer generated some grays for me, but not a one of the grays was a defender (of any sort). Did give me a GK, though (even though I had 3 healthy GKs available), and some MLs and MRs. Needless to say, I got trounced in the final.

I'd like relegation to be more devastating. Currently playing in the Championship and Tottenham and Middlesborough are topping the table. Tottenham haven't lost a game.

Whilst i reckon that's a fair reflection of where they would be if they were to be relegated, Tottenham have only lost Defoe to Everton, and despite having an ENOURMOUS wage bill are still listed as being rich.

Boro haven't sold a single player. Are you telling me Berbatov, Lennon, Robinson, Yakubu, Boateng, and Downing would all spend a season in the Championship. NO chance, it would be like when Juve were dumped into Serie B.

Also, a minor cosmetic:

When a player scores against one of his favoured clubs, could he just turn and walk back to the centre circle like Rio Ferdinand did when he scored against West Ham? I signed Paul Wotton from Plymouth, he was born in Plymouth, and played for them almost his entire career. 2 months after signing for me he scores a free-kick AT PLYMOUTH and 'kisses his badge and thumps the air', running over to the crowd.

Unlikely.

SI: can you PLEASE think about of add in the comparison menu between 2 players also the "star comparation" (im talkin about the Player Profile Overwiew where is the cool graphic "star" that show defending, mental, aerial, technical, attacking etc. etc.) PLEASE make possible also this in comparison menu, i dont know how maybe adding a new "voice" called graphic overview or something like that.Me and all my friends will really appreciate that!!!

err... above for comparison i meant superimposition with 2 different colors

Originally posted by Imperius:

Scouting etc:

The scouting pre-FM7 was poor not just because of the rudimentary information, but also because scouts, like assistant managers and coaches, talked ********.

Nowadays, you get a large report, which is fine, but can you trust a word of it? After all, ******** is ********, whether its one line or one hundred.

Moving towards my suggestion...

I could be wrong, but I get the impression that the game has probabilities factored in to decide whether or not a coach (or whoever) will give you decent information or complete rubbish. EG: In FM6 (and for all we know in FM7) an assistant manager or coach report on a youth player would read something like “this player could become a class act†etc. You’d get all exited, load FM Scout to have a look and it turns out he’s got a CA of 5 and a PA of 8. You were given utter ********. Other times, however, they appear to be given decent information. Like rolling some dice, you ask a question and its mere chance whether you get crap or decent info’. The poor coach is more likely to talk rubbish (but not necessarily always) and vice versa. This is useless as you cannot possibly know if what they’ve said in correct or not.

I know they are trying to replicate reality, where coaches etc don’t always get things right, some are better than others and all that, but there is a world of difference in judging this in the real world and in a game. In a game I think we should be able to trust the information. The quality of the staff member concerned should manifest itself in the AMOUNT of information, not the likelihood of it being complete garbage. So, a poor assistant manager or coach might give one line indicating the youth player with CA/PA of 5/8 is unlikely to make it. A quality assistant manager/coach would provide a report similar to the new FM7 scouting system that goes into more detail. Either way, you would have SOME idea about that player without worrying if the staff member concerned said the opposite to real truth.

The same goes for physio reports. This stuff about “out between a week and six months†is laughable. Real life? A physio wouldn’t last 10 minutes in a job if he was that dopey. A bloke in the pub could give a more accurate time scale if you gave him the injury and when it happened. It’s fair enough for poorer physios to be a bit less sure of a diagnosis, but not to anything like that level. Instead, they should have a +/- accuracy of no more than 10% of the true time out and combine the “quality of staff factor†with the amount of information. For example, a good physio, in addition to providing accurate assessments of time out injured, could provide in-depth reports of the player’s condition. The poorer physio would give the usual one liner and a slightly less accurate time out prediction.

I’d also like to see more physio involvement, eg half time and in-game indications of the injury a player has picked up (at the moment its just a green square – what injury is it? Is it likely to get worse if he remains on the pitch or is it the sort of injury that can be run off?), reports about future injury proneness, repetitions of former injuries etc. Again, a good physio would provide extensive information, a bad one minimal information. But GOOD information, NOT left to chance whether it was utter rubbish.

A very well thought out idea IMO. I'd be in favour of this to some extent for sure.

One of the problems I had with International managment was the press praising up players who quite frankly don't need praising to me, because their rep is massive.

Players on the up with low reputation should be getting the media plaudits not shoe-ins like Henry or Rooney.

I would take one of the above's comments and suggest that you can actually watch that specific match or highlights of that player so you can see what's so good about him.

I personally think the media reccomendations for call-ups are to be taken with a pinch of slat because they are either crap or a NT regular.

Also, please stop non league players being able to smash the ball as hard as Steven Gerrard when they fire it over.

Originally posted by 1ronaldo:

- Have open trial days. This could be when you have a trial open to the genral public and you can scout for raw talent.

I like this idea. I would implement something akin to placing a job in the job-office for staff. A similar thing for players if you are a non-league club. Basically out of contract players offer their services if you are looking for a left-back or a striker etc.

Archived