Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I'd just be happy with more and more teams making bids for our players and more teams asking us to be their manager. Most of all NO more manager-changes on the run in the middle of the season (meaning: manager of sampdoria fired, manager of parma hired in the middle of the season).

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Haithem5000

Also, I would be nice to have more robust editor support, as in being able to create our own leagues and models for leagues.

Also, more playable African leagues would be a big plus...

Don't know if this has been raised elsewhere.

I would like the League Cup to be played properly.

Whenever I have come up against Prem teams as a LLM (in FM06 and 07) I have always played against their strongest teams. IRL, we know they would be resting all their stars and aiming just to win with kids or fringe players to keep them fit.

League reputation increase/decrease over time and for overachivements/underachievements.

EU membership for Romania and Bulgaria, god damn it !!

LESS big, obvious bugs like the stats decreasing one, red card/injury ammount balance or obviously unbalanced stats for respawned players.

Two potential abilities, one for mental/technical attributes (footballing) and one for physical attributes (athlete).

More flexibility for the technical attributes of respawned players when their age is 19-20 when they spawn, these players ( regardless of their PA ) have a 50% lower increment for their technical skills becose of that impassable 'wall' they can never avoid, the tech attribute age cap.

Bug fix for players that refuse to move from developed countries to undeveloped ones regardless of CA/PA and wage. It's absurd to see players with 1 CA/PA refusing to move to Eastern Europe ( to teams that start with players from these countries ) after being offered a maximum wage.

Player greed improvement. Players should be interested in moving from a Man U. reserve position with 30k wage to a lower rep club like ... Sporting for example, for 100k wage and key player status ... This happens all the time in football/all sports, but never happens in FM.

Personally, I'd like to see a better interaction with players.(The reason is coming from the fact I'm a hardcore roleplayer since I was 7 and FM is more or less a type of strategic roleplay.)

I'd love to be able to, for example, click on player interaction, go to "Make a positive comment" and choose "Riquelme, you're my best man." Ha ha. I don't really think it should be as deep as "Riise, you have a nice face." but some more general thoughs like "I like the way you play, keep on training this good." or "I really don't like you but we need your skills." would be nice.

I also think some more variety in team talk is needed. Sometimes neither of the options actually mean what I want to say. For example, if they played out draw and I expected a loss, if I'm pleased it would be more suitable for me to tell them "Good work" than "Sympathize", "Tell them you're elated", and so, because sometimes options I get are really dumb. I don't even understand why options are expanded or cut...well, that's it for now...hm...

Want to elaborate on one suggestion:

Being able to praise/criticise the team as a WHOLE, whenever you felt it neccessary

Have always felt that this feature was missing.

Ok, you can say stuff pre-game via the press but most of that stuff is guff and you end up sayin the same stuff over and over 'you have indicated that team x could cause you problems'

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, and im aware that it will be a while off but i think a great implementation would be the occasional occurence of a " Golden Generation " for nations and even clubs examples of this irl are:

Frances World cup winning team

Portugals current team

Hungary with Puskas et al

Holland when they got to 2 world cup finals with cryuff, metgod etc.

Ajax in the early '90s

Forest in the early 80's with robertson, o'neill, anderson etc.

Also footballing nations who are generally poor producing a world class player like:

Stoichkov

Hagi

Weah

Best

Zahovic ( Ok maybe not world class but a lot better than other slovenian players )

Hugo Sanchez

I imagine this would involve a change in the newgen ( or whatever it is now called ) system and to get it implemented in the media somehow but it would improve the game no end imo

i'd like more media coverage of 'brilliant' players. Like you never see a news item in FM about a great youngster being talked about my the news, only their managers in the rare occasion say things, whereas in real life this is completely different eg. when Freddy Adu was first in the papers there was a big thing about him, so i'd like more media incorperated into the game

Originally posted by Nick A:

Don't know if this has been raised elsewhere.

I would like the League Cup to be played properly.

Whenever I have come up against Prem teams as a LLM (in FM06 and 07) I have always played against their strongest teams. IRL, we know they would be resting all their stars and aiming just to win with kids or fringe players to keep them fit.

They do this alrady don't they? in fact i thought it had been taken too far the other way, coming across weakened teams in the semis and the final itself.

My addition to what i've already seen mentioned (therefor not repeating it):

More positions in tactic screen.

I really would love to have a more specific midfield;

I now intend to put let's say...Rooney and let's say...Riquelme on the same spot (AMC) as that's both the 'behind the striker' as the 'in front of midfield' position, but they actually are two totally different players.

One extra line of midfielders/attackers would solve this. You can tell Rooney to play just behind the strikers (not next to them) and still have Riquelme playing in front of the midfield without him being the 3rd attacker.

Originally posted by lord victor:

I now intend to put let's say...Rooney and let's say...Riquelme on the same spot (AMC) as that's both the 'behind the striker' as the 'in front of midfield' position, but they actually are two totally different players.

One extra line of midfielders/attackers would solve this. You can tell Rooney to play just behind the strikers (not next to them) and still have Riquelme playing in front of the midfield without him being the 3rd attacker.

I thought you could just set the tactics for a striker to make him into a second striker ( like rooney )

The positions in the game are all thats needed. They cover every actual position in football, the rest is just tactics and you are able to alter them to make a player play differently. There are also the arrows to use.

For example, to get a second striker you can use a backwards arrow and/or set his mentality lower than your other striker.

Originally posted by NeilUK:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kyle Jenner:

the option to buy a youngster then loan em back to the club for a year as part of the season... or can you already do this?

no you can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is actually against the rules, in Leeds' relegation year Spurs wanted to buy Robinson in January then loan him back to Leeds for their relegation fight. The move was blocked by The Premier League and they had to call off the transfer until the Summer. You can loan them to another club for the season of course, thats fine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why don't just select the option 'transfer date-->end of season' icon_smile.gif

And I would love some more interaction of fans. I remember the days 'the fans crowded up at the stadium to have <manager X> sacked' after a disaster game.

And some riot things would be nice, these days there are more and more, from a single bottle thrown on the field, via chants to complete runovers by fans on the field.

Not 3 times a week, but ones a season (not in all leagues of course, but if it happens no matter where, get a news report).

Originally posted by cms186:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lord victor:

I thought you could just set the tactics for a striker to make him into a second striker ( like rooney ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't seem to get this to work, only by using a back arrow. But i think it has a totally different effect opposed to when i would put him behind the other striker.

Well, let's say i would love to have more positions, maybe even not pre-placed-tactical-slots, but just a grid-less placing of players. (with zones determining what kind of position it is, or setting it as an tactical instruction).

A bit like the positioning system of Pro Evolution Soccer, if you catch my drift.

Originally posted by lord victor:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cms186:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lord victor:

I thought you could just set the tactics for a striker to make him into a second striker ( like rooney ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't seem to get this to work, only by using a back arrow. But i think it has a totally different effect opposed to when i would put him behind the other striker.

Well, let's say i would love to have more positions, maybe even not pre-placed-tactical-slots, but just a grid-less placing of players. (with zones determining what kind of position it is, or setting it as an tactical instruction).

A bit like the positioning system of Pro Evolution Soccer, if you catch my drift. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sort of thing just isn't realistic enough though, you don't get a manger IRL saying "I want you to stand in this exact square metre. It would also mean a lot of the code of the game being redone for little reason.

IRL a manager gives a position (and FM has everyone of them) and a set of instructions which is already replicated in the game.

Didn't read all of the thread,so i don't know if any of this has been said:

-players/fans complaining to you about your tactics or what position they play

-players/fans campaigning for a teammate to get more playing time

-campaigning on behalf of your player for awards/national team call-ups

-an option telling your scout your expectations about a potential prospect (ex. is he a good back-up keeper?) before scouting him

i'd like to see more work done on free kicks.

like players laying the ball off to someone and various other free kicks you see IRL.

also maybe the chance to make your own free kicks in training by telling the players where you want them to stand etc and who to pass it too,

Originally posted by LFC Lloydy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cms186:

A bit like the positioning system of Pro Evolution Soccer, if you catch my drift. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sort of thing just isn't realistic enough though, you don't get a manger IRL saying "I want you to stand in this exact square metre. It would also mean a lot of the code of the game being redone for little reason.

IRL a manager gives a position (and FM has everyone of them) and a set of instructions which is already replicated in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you could do it in previous incarnations of the game... the pitch was a grid and you clicked on it to say 'ball is in this section' for both in posession and not, and drag each and every player to a specific spot.

I think they went away from this system to combat 'super-tactics'.

my tuppence:

<LI>more media interaction. post-match interviews in the top divisions and local rag interviews lower down.

<LI>ability to urge the chairman to look at things. OK, ticket pricing isnt my thing, but if my stadium capacity is 8000 and im getting an average of 600, the 2nd lowest in the league, it would be nice to cajole him. He's happy to tell me if Im failing on my side of things, I want to return the favour. "tell the board that your players are disheartened by the empty seats" - the response should be in line with how you are doing... sitting bottom of the league, the board should tell you to play decent football... if you're flying high he could run a £1/ticket day (or something) for a low-attendance fixture to get people to come, and hopefully they will come again... icon_wink.gif

<LI>players who cant get work permits and who will not join your feeder clubs should cancel the transfer. It's rediculous, as you have no idea if they will go to the feeder or not until you try...

<LI>more specific training... with the new system its extremely difficult to keep a player 'static' when he is getting 'reshaped' at PA=CA. I'd like to be able to tell my coaches not to reshape him. I would also like the option to work on a specific ability rather than a group (I may only want 'crossing' out of the 'set pieces' group, however I cant do this at the moment)

<LI>weekly sports argus. I want to know who is setting the world alight at 16 in brazil... at the moment I feel like I'm in a small bubble concerning only my team and my division. I know I can go find other leagues awards and data if I want to go looking, but I would like to have a nice read occasionally...

<LI>more control (before the match) for your assistant manager while you are serving a touchline ban. 'change to this formation if behind' 'play defensive when 2 goals up' 'sub these players on 75th minute if possible' etc. Yes, I do get banned a lot.... *whistles innocently*

<LI>twins/brothers/parents on regens. I want someone to 'feel the pressure of the Rooney name' if he has a kid that struggles to break through the ranks. I want favoured personnel with the same names, Alex/Darren Ferguson, Phil/Gary Neville, Luke/Stefan Moore in 50 seasons' time.

<LI>Fanzines - I want to know what the fans think of my team. Who excites them, who puts bums on seats, who is boring, what they think of me etc. in LLM bums on seats can be a bigger problem than goals in nets, I want help with this aspect.

<LI>Open Day/Trials - In addition to scouting free agents, I'd like the ability to host trials at my training grounds during pre-season. Free agents who like my club could travel up, stats get unmasked, coaches/scouts can attend and make judgements, heck maybe even get down to picking 2 teams to play against each other, after which I can offer contracts to those I like. This should not be free, and the number of players who even hear about it should be related to what you spend. Again this would be a blessing for LLM.

* During the game: tell benched player to start warming up.

* Before the game starts: matchlists. Tell players they have to play a reserve game (i.e. just play 45 minutes). At the moment you haven to wich a player between fist and reserve squad depending on injuries and opponent. I think it will be easier just to thick a box on game day (either first team or reserves).

*When you sell a player (particulary as a lower league club) there has to be an option saying you don't want to halt back the players development. This way you can sell a player AND increase respect with team and players.

Proper Bidding For International Tournaments

The current FM procedure seems to have already selected the hosts for each tournament in advance and tends to just rotate around the same nations again and again, what I'd like to see in the game is a proper simulation of the bidding procedure in all these events.

So say for example we have EURO 2012, the first messages detail what nations have decided to bid for the event, and their plans, which could include improving stadiums and building new stadiums (now this is included), negotiations could be made by club teams to accquire the new stadiums made for the event, and to get the FA to expand and use their stadium for the event and fund the expansion. Proper UEFA/FIFA etc rules for stadium capacities and the amount of stadiums each city can have hosting matches, should be used for this planning part, and taken into account in the plans, say for example Russia is lacking one stadium of a large enough size, they take action and make plans to expand a club stadium to that level to put the finishing touches to their proposal.

Once all the proposals are set, stadium expansion and new building plans are decided, the game should go on to simulate the FIFA inspections of the plans, and the selection of preferred candidates, followed finally by the selection of the hosts via the voting system that UEFA/FIFA etc use, which should be viewable in game.

If your a particularly famous manager, you could also get behind your nation's bid by showing your support in the media, and allowing your players to do promotional work for it, or something like that.

Once the bidding procedure is over, the nation that wins procedes to expand/build the new stadiums and then host the event. It'd make much more sense and be more intresting than the current system. It's hardly an essential part of the game, but it'd be intresting and add another slight touch to international management which is hugely lacking currently.

-New Training style fm05 but many effect

-Press conferences

-Different Market with many choose

-Improved 2d Match

-Improve tactics menu with outlines in free kick corners,ecc

-Option for repose player after the match

-the average ballots

-accident insurances

-choose merchandaising, catering and management stadium and sponsor

I'd like to see the player attributes to be ranked out of more than 20. 20 is nowhere near enough to truly represent the huge diversity of talent from the top leagues and players in the world to the bottom of the barrel.

I realise that this is unlikely, as it would most likely require a complete rewriting of the game engine, but it's always been my main issue with the CM/FM series.

Guest Budda119

What I'd like to see is a stable game when its released.

I would however like to suggest that SI either release a small update to the game next time around and release it on June 1st OR wait for another year and release a stable game owith all singing all dacning enhancements on June 1st 2009.

I have no idea why the game is realeased when it is as it does not fit in with the football calander at all. I've never seen the sense of taking over a club in July with all their future transfers already made.

This just distorts the game. I understand there maybe commercial pressure to realease a game in the run up to Xmas but the summer, with no club football to watch, is probably a better time to sell to the FM public anyway.

Originally posted by The 92nd Fish:

Proper Bidding For International Tournaments

The current FM procedure seems to have already selected the hosts for each tournament in advance and tends to just rotate around the same nations again and again, what I'd like to see in the game is a proper simulation of the bidding procedure in all these events.

So say for example we have EURO 2012, the first messages detail what nations have decided to bid for the event, and their plans, which could include improving stadiums and building new stadiums (now this is included), negotiations could be made by club teams to accquire the new stadiums made for the event, and to get the FA to expand and use their stadium for the event and fund the expansion. Proper UEFA/FIFA etc rules for stadium capacities and the amount of stadiums each city can have hosting matches, should be used for this planning part, and taken into account in the plans, say for example Russia is lacking one stadium of a large enough size, they take action and make plans to expand a club stadium to that level to put the finishing touches to their proposal.

Once all the proposals are set, stadium expansion and new building plans are decided, the game should go on to simulate the FIFA inspections of the plans, and the selection of preferred candidates, followed finally by the selection of the hosts via the voting system that UEFA/FIFA etc use, which should be viewable in game.

If your a particularly famous manager, you could also get behind your nation's bid by showing your support in the media, and allowing your players to do promotional work for it, or something like that.

Once the bidding procedure is over, the nation that wins procedes to expand/build the new stadiums and then host the event. It'd make much more sense and be more intresting than the current system. It's hardly an essential part of the game, but it'd be intresting and add another slight touch to international management which is hugely lacking currently.

i like the sound of that icon14.gif

Apologies if these ideas have been posted before (I did have a read through this thread and couldn't see anything quite the same...)

Thinking about how injuries are handled in the game (and I am not getting involved in the quantity / frequency debate) they are broadly black and white - player x is injured - will be out for x weeks - with caveat of maybe seeing specialist if it is severe (and you only get this option when he is first injured IIRC) or getting an injection - which means the player then plays one match but then is out for longer. That player is then out injured, and is essentially left to be forgotten about until he is fit.

With most injuries in football, managers are constantly balancing the need to get a player back as quickly as possible against the possibility of further injury setbacks, something which I don't think FM currently handles too accurately. Many times when I have had 6-10 players out, I have thought, if only I could maybe target 1 or 2 players to try and rush their recuperation, even if it does carry some major risks.

What I would like to see is greater physio manager interaction to determine the method of rehabilitation for the player. For instance, if player x has a sprained ankle, if it was left to nature / standard recovery, he would be out for around 4 weeks. However the manager could ask the physio to suggest techniques that could speed the recovery or enable the player to play e.g. taping, strapping, injections, sitting in an oxygen chamber, seeing a German specialist etc. In real life, with a moderately sprained ankle, for instance, after about a week you can get strapped up and play, but with the chances of reinjuring much higher than if you let it recover completely, and with physical and technical attributes likely to be reduced.

Here the rate in which players could recover / play successfully whilst carrying an injury could be dependent on the quality and quantity of your physios and or your finances (ability to send them to the best specialists). I'm not suggesting that a good physio could make the blind see, more he could use his skills to patch up a player more regularly and successfully than a poor one.

This feature could be tempered by players mental characteristics, e.g. Some players relishing the prospect of getting back quicker because they love the club or are fitness freaks, whether others may get upset that you are potentially ruining their bodies by trying to play them when they are not fully fit.

There should also be the ability for players with injuries such as Achilles tendonitis or back problems to play through a season or for a certain period before being sent off for treatment albeit with reduced stats where appropriate and / or increasing likelihood of getting different injuries, again something that happens in real life. I seem to recall this happened in very old versions of the game, so if it happens in this one, please disregard.

Players with injuries such as broken wrists, cut heads etc. should be able to play whilst still injured but with the risk of angering them depending on their mental characteristics (or pleasing them) as above.

Also players with colds, flu (if you are particularly sadistic) etc. should also be made to play but with reduced abilities (and risk of angering them) and risk of passing infection. At the moment the option of them being treated by a physio with less days off then sending them home seems a little odd (What do FM physios know about treating a cold or flu - so that patient recovers more quickly - that thousands of scientists don't yet know?).

I also third (or maybe fourth) the better description of injuries during matches – rather than 'he has picked up a knock he will have to go off.' From the prognosis of the injury (Again maybe dependent on quality of physio or the attributes of player) I should make a call on whether to carry on playing him and suffer any consequences from that decision.

Originally posted by 5566,F4,WeWe:

assistant manager could feedback on a monthly basis of how loaned out players are doing for their club.

This is a brilliant idea IMO. Also would like to see a personal life (maybe even being able to buy a low league club and become chairman if you have a lucrative contract at a big club, hard to implement though? I think this would be an amazing feature!).

After playing 9 or 10 seasons I tend to get bored. That's why I'd love to see the manager salary actually being used somehow. As it stands now the manager salary is not very interesting. At least not for me.

If that money you earn as a manager would be put aside monthly, you could build up a little pile of money. Say if you were manager for Portsmouth 10 seasons and earned £7000 a month that would be £840.000,- over 10 years. Now what could be done with that money?

I therefore want a possebilety to buy myself a chairman position with the salary I’ve earned!

(And please don't answer "play TMC" or whatever game that has this in it. The manager salary could be used for something positive)

Let’s say you're totally bored as manager of Portsmouth. You cant' stand the players you've bought, and you've won most things anyway.. BUT you see that the chairman of say, Bournemouth, is looking to quit.. It could be integrated an option to buy him out as a chairman. You could then become chairman/manager of Bournemouth by buying the majorety (51% or more) of the club. This action would ofcourse see you resign as manager of Portsmouth.

As chairman/manager you should not be able to do anything other than; decide feeder/parentclub, salary-budget, transfer-budget, and investments to the stadium and training ground. But that actually is a lot! And I for one think this would be both fun and challenging..

A chairman function could be included by the same way that the Harchester United thing. It could and should be an option to either ignore this function or include it - before you start a new game. This way I think everybody would be happy. Those of you who think it isnt realistic to include such a thing as a "chairman-function" could easily ignore it by not choosing that option.

For me this manager game has always been about enjoying the game, and not thinking about realism. I guess it isnt realistic having a team called Harchester into the game either, but it's surely fun for those who'se into it.

Those who think a chairman function would implode a world of finances into the game - and therefore making it more complex... The economy bit could stay the same as it is now, as I think that after the patch the economy would be adjusted a bit. I'm not saying I want this for FM2007, but I strongly hope that Sigames would at least consider this option - as I think it would increase the playabilety.

I know m,any would say that this is a managergame, not a Directorgame. But I know some people who think the chairman/manager ting could prolong their game. And I think Sigames should include this as an option becouse of the playabilety increase I think it would create. FM2007 isn’t a TV show of Harchester United either, yet that option is still in the game..

I'm sorry for the grammar-bit! My English is a bit rusty..

Originally posted by bl0u6344:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 5566,F4,WeWe:

assistant manager could feedback on a monthly basis of how loaned out players are doing for their club.

This is a brilliant idea IMO. Also would like to see a personal life (maybe even being able to buy a low league club and become chairman if you have a lucrative contract at a big club, hard to implement though? I think this would be an amazing feature!). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you on that. What is the point of working up to a high salary contract at the moment on FM?

It makes no difference whether you're getting payed 1,000 pounds a week or 30,000 because there's nothing to do with the money.

Originally posted by Great_Dane:

more detailed team talks towards players;

Negative

<LI>You're missing to many chances, hit the target!

<LI>You're being a bit greedy with the ball, play with your team mates!

<LI>Yellow card... please be cautious of your tackles!

<LI>I expected more from you!

- I agree: Specific orders for specific players (st, mc, dc)

Also:

- Fans interaction. Or press conferences with the fans twice a year to discuss.

- More god damn leagues which I do not think is difficult(cyprus)

- A choice of a sponsor. If not your own, at least have a say.

- Specific sponsors. I think this could be an advertisment and an income for SI, but if not real-life sponsors, at least made up ones: SI-Beer, Santa-Clause's aftershave...

- Some logos to appear on the kits according to the sponsor.

- More default kit styles: No matter how much I download there are always kits missing, so this year I go with the default to keep a common interface. But it's boring.

- A press conference after the game. with some options about it rather than random media questions.

- A huge problem is that they do not really take in account the european leagues. It would be nice to set the champions league as a goal.

I know it probably affects the game already, but it doesn't show in the confidence window.

- The option to add leagues:

What country? Is it official (for Eu comps)? how many teams? how many teams relegated? A choice of rules, then let the game engine figure out the fixture list.

I could go on forever, but now I'm too busy waiting for the god damn patch...

1. When using multi-select to get coach or physio reports, I like to get the replies on one screen.

2. Player report cards (along the lines of scout report cards). These could incorporate much of the info we already have in a more compact form.

3. An over view of the pitch which visualises the effects made to tactics when I alter slider bars. Examples: I can then see how deep my defence is standing, how wide the formation is.

4. Many lower league teams don't have an assistant manager, but have a coach/player coach. In these cases he should be able to give us the same advice/opinions that an assistant manager gives us, e.g. best line up, feed-back from team talks etc.

5. End of season squad assessment screens. E.g. from youth coach, which player she recommends for release or contracts etc. Ditto from first team coach, assistant.

Feeder Clubs

Ability to request the board look into the possibility of becoming affiliated with a club that you, the human manager designates.

When a feeder club is promoted to the same division as you, the board automatically offers clubs to replace that type of agreement.

The option to start a game with all attributes hidden. This would mean that scouts would have to be used and you could select players on form rather than if they've got good stats. At the moment if a youth player is playing very well I consider putting him in the first team but the stats are always to low so I don't. It would make it harder but more realistic.

Something ALL CM/FM games have been in dire need of, but I don't think they've ever had implemented...

...a 'boss' button.

FM needs a big button on the interface that you can click to make FM minimise and open wordpad/excel or some such office-like product, that you can hit when your boss is approaching your work station/desk.

icon_biggrin.gif

a couple of minor things that would be handy would be restructure transfer/wage balance, so for example if your trying to make a couple of big transfers you could reduce the overall wage budget and use the extra cash on the transfers.

Also the option to cancel a player tuition rather than having to wait for it to come to its natural conclusion.

A couple of ideas that I have would be fairly simple:

1 - Loaning players to feeder clubs.

When signing a player who doesn't have a work permit, i'd like to have the option to "ask player if he will be prepared to play at <feeder vlub> to attain work permit". In my game i've signed a few players without WP but they aren't interested in playing for my Belgian 2nd division feeder team, so i've ended up selling them on.

2 - Delaying the acceptance of other jobs.

I've not experienced this yet in FM 07 but in 06 I was managing Liverpool, and was 3 days away from the Champs League final, which if i'd won would have been my 2nd League/Champs League double on the bounce. I then got offered the Barcelona job, which I really wanted, but there wasn't the option to delay the offer until the end of the season. Hence I had to walk out of Liverpool 3 days before the Champs League final. I think it would be better if you get offered a jop from April onwards you have the option of accepting the job from the end of that season. The board could stop you transfer listing any players etc or doing anything to give you an advantage.

If i put reject offer from teams, it should reject them even if they are just enquiring about them, it`s very annoying when teams keeping asking about players or offering money even though you`ve put in the transfer page reject all offers.

Originally posted by elfinke:

Something ALL CM/FM games have been in dire need of, but I don't think they've ever had implemented...

...a 'boss' button.

FM needs a big button on the interface that you can click to make FM minimise and open wordpad/excel or some such office-like product, that you can hit when your boss is approaching your work station/desk.

icon_biggrin.gif

The boss button wasn't that in old days when games were run in DOS mode?

For Windows use ALT + TAB to your corporate mail client and you are set.

Archived