Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

1, I would like to see multiple transfers from the same club all at the same time E.G raiding Man city for Barton,richards,samaras with a 50m bid for all three (15m x2 and 20m) it saves keep going back.

2, Chairman interaction ,to be able to ask the chairman for money to buy one certain player and to be able to say thanks for stumping up varsed amount of cash and to have a working relationship

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

scouting next opposition

i think this should be a feature for the asst mngr

in reality i cant see scouts being asked to look at every team you play cos he would have no time to look for new signings.

as part of the tactics trainig viewing video of the next team is how you identify key players

a detailed report from your asst would be ideal depending on his ability.

Am all for Match posponments in FM08, makes it a lot more relistic if you manage a lower league club.

An option in the editor to put in tv stations for live games for each competition.

The 2d match engine maybe changing a bit, i know it has been improved lots since Fm05, but its looked the same for 3 versions of the game, maybe add more diffrent kind of pitches. its a bit unrealistic when you play the opening game of the season and you have a really muddy pitch, just cause the weather is raining.

Just a suggestion for when you negotiate a transfer:

Currently you can structure a contract that includes add-ons for number of games, international appearences etc.

I would like to see that extended so that you can include add-ons based on success.

For example, money if you win the league or a cup (as was done with Wayne Rooney)

Or on the flip side money if you stay in the division (I know that Birmingham have structured a lot of there deals this way when they were in the Premier League, giving an initial payment then the rest structured over time based on them being in the premiership)

So for example if you are a newly promoted club this would be a good way to try and structure a deal.

And another little thing that has been mentioned before, I think its important to be able to tell young players that they are going on loan for first team experience so they dont think you want to get rid of them!!

Guest Crazy Paddy

The ability to be able to use the same attribute filters from the staff search when you receive applications for an available postion which has been advertised in the jobs centre.

The ability to arrange payment of transfer fees over a longer period than 24 months. Over the duration of the contract should at least be added. It may also be worth incorporating chairman interference at this level, i.e. the board might not allow certain payment arrangements like all money up front if the clubs finances are not in good shape.

Transfer deals which have not been finalised should not appear for other human managers to see in the "future transfers in". IRL, I'm sure managers don't go around showing a list of who they are currently bidding for to every "Tom, Dick and Harry". Fair enough i agree that most transfers at an early stage are made public in the media by those whose interests it serves, the selling club or player's agent for example, so I would expect to see it implemented as such in the game. It is REALLY annoying to have someone gazzump you for a player they didnt even know existed before they looked at your "future transfers in" screen.

I think the concept of an agent should also be expanded upon to include a club being able to hire them to find clubs to buy players you dont want to keep at the club. I believe something like this happened at Leeds a few years back.

Also on agents, I'm not sure whether the following is a legal/license issue or not, but it seeme to be accepted that any party connected with FIFA or UEFA etc cannot be perceived to be doing anything against those organisations rules. However, there are many UNLICENSED agents operating, some upstanding, some not so upstanding, within the game.. Would it still be a problem if they were also included in the game as nameless and faceless characters who from time to time offered to engineer deals etc..

I think a role for psychologists also needs to be implemented in the game. They are supposedly being used more and more in the professional game but we don't see them in FM.

The possibility to ask your backroom staff for player recommendations. Perhaps the more extensively travelled coaches/scouts will be more likely to be able to recommend a player due to their increased "player knowledge" attribute.

1. bring in tapping up. with consequences of getting caught (by the player in question making it know that you have tapped him up) consequences such as touchline bans (making winning harder) or fines for the club. obviously fines will lead to the board getting ****ed off with you.

2. ranting on the touchline. the ability to prowl the technical area shouting at players to try to affect a players performance(think fergie or warnock). ie shouting at your own player to try to motivate or having a go at one of the oposition to try to intimidate them. also the option to have a go at refs and oposition managers. also bring in manager sending offs which lead to a drop in performance.

3. increase media involvement with regards to meetings of big rivals.ie united arsenal have a lot of media options coming up through the week about the upcoming game as in real life. also intensify if the the managers hate each other (ferie wenger).

4. media involvement in international management.

5. greater use of the backroom set up in internationals ie send your assistant to watch potential internationals.

6. a broader use of media comments. ie the ability to send out a message to all of your rivals in the title run in. the ability to send out a message to all your rivals saying that its down to who holds their nerve best now and we are feeling highly confident would be highly realistic and would potentially change the outcome of a title race as in real life. fergie has used a tactic like this more than once just ask keegan (id love it) and wenger (squeaky bum time)(admittedly only against one at a time although on fm title races tend to be much closer rarely including just 2 teams right to the end).

7. international manager contracts with proper briefs on what the long term target is. ie for england it would be to get to the semis of the world cup not just to qualify and then a new aim as is currently the situation.

8. i know its been rejected but the ability to get promoted to director of football when really sucessful for those who play the game who would like to get involved in other aspects of the game that are not part of management. this could be something that would only be unlocked by getting to the top of the overall worldwide hall of fame for instance.

9. THIS IS MY BIGGEST WANT!! the ability to go to clubs as under 18 managers or be u21 manager at international level. its not at all unusual for top managers to start off as part of the backroom staff at big room clubs and then make it on their own(bob paisley and steve mclaren are the most obvious examples) and this would be a very interesting way to make it in fm. for instance you could start the game as u18 manager at a top european club and it would be just about tactics and motivation as obviously the manager will determine your pool of players. this would be a very good option for people that like the challenge of developing youngsters but dont particularly like the lower level management experience. plus it would be a quicker route to the top jobs without just going straight into them.

Listen to this guy!!!!! Especially number 9! have been thinking this myself for some time. Also can you add some feature to allow a manager to take his team on holiday camp to a hotel as Bolton did recently with the International Week. So you could have different countries you could take them to and different hotels in each country with different facilities so that there was a difference between where Cardiff City could go and where Chelsea could go. This would be realllly good.

Press Conferences also where you had like 10seconds to reply or else you were criticised for looking Under Pressure or something. Like after a big game it could say BBC would like to interview you do you want to: send ass man to deal with it, deal with it yourself, refuse. And then if you deal with it they ask you say 3 questions on the game which you reply to...would make it vvv realistic. And after a big injury Sky Sports News could ask to speak with you the next morning etc. you get what im saying... PLEASE!!!! do some of these changes coz they would all make a Brilliant game even BETTER! icon_biggrin.gif

The commentator should have more sayings, perhaps taken from people like Andy Gray "Take a boo son!" or "Top Draw defending there..."

And perhaps have the name of the commentator that is commentating and have different personalities for each one...

there are some top ideas here: my faves being - media interviews after matches - starting off as Under 18/21 manager or assistant manager of a club and other things...mainly with media involvement. It would be nice to here from SI to tell us what they plan on adding to FM08 coz they must have a rough idea.

Then if there was something someone desperately wanted then they'd know it either was coming(they would be really thankful) or that it wasnt coming(could petition for it to be added as you wouldn't have released final version yet.) Basically can someone from SI confirm that they're looking at some ideas from this thread(which ideas?) Coz this may be somewhat of a lost cause if they're DEFINETLY not going to change certain things.

Originally posted by GAVIN42:

some gr8 ideas here, i just think they may have fallen on deaf ears. NO ONE FROM SI HAS CONFIRMED THEY'VE LOOKED AT THIS.

I would say that there are so many good ideas its hard to please everybody.

If you have been with FM from the start (and CM before that) you will have noticed the progression.

I had started another thread about a suggestion i had before i did the sensible thing and searched (oops).

My only request is to have a sticky thread that is editored by SI listing (somehow in categories) all the suggestions for future release's, this may assist others with creating more good ideas.

FM2007 Demo rocks. . . long live FM 2007

• SI Staff

GAVIN42 - You haven't read page six then have you icon_wink.gif

We won't be indicating what we may be adding to the game in future for a long time. We keep everything under wraps until the time is right to let the world know what we have planned.

• SI Staff
My only request is to have a sticky thread that is editored by SI listing (somehow in categories) all the suggestions for future release's, this may assist others with creating more good ideas

Sorry, that won't be happening. We keep that sort of stuff private for the reasons stated above.

Originally posted by Ter:

Sorry, that won't be happening. We keep that sort of stuff private for the reasons stated above.

spoil sports . . . . . terrourise us some more why don't you icon_biggrin.gif

cos you know most of us hang off your every word icon_biggrin.gif

I like the development of the assistant manager's role in FM2007, and it's a good tool in (a) showing the detail of the AI and (b) teaching users a thing or two about the game. The assistant manager really is assisting the user IRL, which I think is very exciting.

I'd like to see this developed further, with something like an 'assistant's notebook' you can refer to during the game -- like it'd be nice to turn to your assistant and say, "What have you noticed?", and the assistant says, "they're playing a 3-5-2 -- perhaps we could attack them with wingers" etc. In that way, a good assistant could be demonstrably useful. A bad one is, well, bad for your learning of the game...

It's probably already been mentioned in scouting threads, but although the scout report is more detailed now (welcome of course) it is at times misleading.

I'm managing Liverpool, and to give an example, I scout a young midfielder, and the report always tells me that he's not as good, and unlikely to ever be as good as my best midfielder (Gerrard). I'm not looking for a better player than Gerrard, but I am looking for someone who will improve the overall quality of my midfield in a certain position e.g. I want to hear "he's not as good as Gerrard, but better than Diao".

What I'd like;

1, Please please please remove the badges/logos so they don't appear next to the teams in the League Table/Latest Scores or at least put an option in Preferences to turn them off. There is an option there at the minute but nothing seems to happen?

2, How's about introducing fines like in real life to clubs whos fans commit crimes. Add a bit of realism to the game and will provide a laugh, could comment on the fine to the media etc.

3, If you're under pressure by the board and especially the fans, there should be an option where you can release a Press Statement asking the fans to be patient, or perhaps go on the offensive and say the criticism is unjustified.

4, Get rid of the Hints & Tips or at least give option to turn it off.

I love the ability to set your playing career level (Amateur/Pro/International) before starting a game - but would love if this was based on your cumulated FM playing time, rather than randomly set by the user.

For example, new install = amateur manager.

And if I've played 5 different games with 6 seasons in each, then I'd enter with an 'international' reputation.

Secondly, I'd like to see some media and commentary reports which center around a player returning to play against his old club.

Commentary: "...and he's scored against his former club"

Good work!

short term challenges

for example

taking a club over at christmas with the goal of having 5 months to save it from relgation with the Jan transfer window for players etc.

I love the full game but the added pressure of short term targets would be exciting. Least you would know what it would be like to be Harry Redknapp

I think it would be really cool if you could save your manager profile (complete with stats and reputation) from one game to use when you start another game. That way you could start as unemployed and have a realistic chance of getting any number of jobs (if you originally did well) and have the media / players to treat you with a bit of respect.

Just a thought.

A very quick and easy addition related to team talks - substitute talk. Being able to tell a substitute when he comes on what you expect from them - whether it's to go out and score or to keep it tight. You always see the manager whispering in the substitute's ear before they go on, this seems like a small but logical step from the existing team talk function.

Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kyle Jenner:

the option to buy a youngster then loan em back to the club for a year as part of the season... or can you already do this?

no you can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is actually against the rules, in Leeds' relegation year Spurs wanted to buy Robinson in January then loan him back to Leeds for their relegation fight. The move was blocked by The Premier League and they had to call off the transfer until the Summer. You can loan them to another club for the season of course, thats fine

Originally posted by NeilUK:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kyle Jenner:

the option to buy a youngster then loan em back to the club for a year as part of the season... or can you already do this?

no you can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is actually against the rules, in Leeds' relegation year Spurs wanted to buy Robinson in January then loan him back to Leeds for their relegation fight. The move was blocked by The Premier League and they had to call off the transfer until the Summer. You can loan them to another club for the season of course, thats fine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how can it be against the rules, they do it all the time in itly, like milan buying pozzi 2/3 years ago and sending him back to original team. or more famously miccoli, bought from perugia, sent back to perugia, etc.

1)this may have already been said, but i think the team talk is cool, how about the possibilty of talking to a plyer coming on as a sub, and i dont mean at half time. like if you send a player in with 5minutes left and you need a goal, some sort 'the game is in your hands' etc.

2)some reason behind manager recieving higher lower pay, other than status.

3)talking recently retired players back to football, some one liek shearer, or like milan did a couple of years ago with costacurta, or atalanta di with albertini after he retired from barcelona.

The game to notice if you're watching somebody else's game.

Example. You're England manager and go onto Man Utd. fixtures and click to watch the game against West Ham. The game will single out players who weren't in the most recent England squad and make suggestions.

What I mean is that it may come up at the beginning of the game saying "England Manager Joe Bloggs is here today. Rumours suggest that he may be be looking at young West Ham captain Nigel Reo-Coker or maybe Philip Bardsley."

Then after the match, you might get a media question, asking "You were seen at the Manchester United vs. West Ham game yesterday. A lot of sources have suggested that you were watching Nigel Reo-Coker. Can you confirm this?" and you get the usual options.

This could also work with club management. For example, if you are Leeds manager and have Gary McSheffrey on your shortlist when you choose to watch Birmingham vs. Hull, then it will say, "Joe Bloggs of Leeds United is here today. There are strong rumours suggesting that he may be watching Gary McSheffrey." Then the media questions after the game. "Were you impressed with his performance, etc." and you can respond with "Yes, very impressed." or "I wasn't watching Gary McSheffrey. These are just rumours."

Also, future deals would be nice.

First option doesn't quie cover it. I mean buying a player for £10,000 and saying you would actually like him to arrive in 2 years time. This way you can see how he progresses and cancel the deal if needed. Didn't Chelsea do this with Alex?

To be honest, no offence to Ter, I think the whole FM skin-design needs a revamp. It looks a bit boring (although I guess it's supposed to be simple), but I always find myself downloading other skins (usually Turnstyle) because the layout and colour scheme are massively improved.

Whilst FM2007 is an improvement over 2006, it's still a bit too, erm, green.

Well, this may seem simple compared to the other requests. Also, I'm still learning the game and my manual is in a language I don't really understand as I'm living abroad (well, from my normal country), so I hope it is not already included and just hiding from me icon_wink.gif

Every season when the game updates and creates new players and such, I'd like to be given the option to either activate or deactivate leagues.

Take my current game. For some reason I forgot to switch on lower English leagues. I'd like to get them made active so I can manage there as well.

Alternatively, if the game is slow, then people could deactivate some leagues and continue their current game at a higher speed. I think that'd be quite useful.

One Feature Ive always added myself through the editor is the ability to manage my local non-league team, Newport Isle of wight who play in the British gas southern league div 1.

I always customise the game and added them to the conference, Although I'm an Arsenal supporter I enjoy the challenge of lower league management in FM.

Adding every lower league in england probably isnt possible, so one suggestion is the option to have 1 league added to the game as a feeder for the conference north/south, customisable by the player via the editor, so you can create your local league, add the teams you wish and possibly league rules.

I dont know if this has been suggested before but ive been thinking it since 05 nad i think cleon mentioned somthing about it on release of 07!

I would like to be able to set individual instructions for individual player that are then set! So if i pick a new formation i dont have to set all the individual instructions again and therefore can choose any formation i like from the drop down menu during a match with the knowledge that my players will play the way i want them to! This also stands for substitutes that are different players than the ones being brought off!

I would love to see the option to spend your wages, and i dont mean like In TCM, i mean buying shares in the club your managing, or a semi professional club. So in a sense you became more apart of the club, i know its not exactly management, but its still part of the game, maybe the option to be a Barry fry type manager (Own and Manage club) the option to be the chairman aswell would be a brilliant feature although i understand would require a hell of alot of files and extra options i.e. spending on general maintainance setting ticket prices, setting up youth academanys across the world. Adding the Chairman option could open a whole new world to football manager imo, some would argue its not necessarily "Football Management" but it is Football management on a larger scale.

Just An Idea, would like to hear your opinions on it.

King Luis

Guest mustang

Sorry If this has already been posted in this thread I couldn't find it. I would like to see a option in the game to pay off club loans early. if you are loaded and have more then the the loan is for you should be able to get rid of it. As now you may Have 200,000,000 in the bank. But you own the bank 150,000,000 which but you can't pay it off and money still come out each month.

Did try to read through, honestly, hope this hasn't been mentioned.

I was exploring the new game in a "Test-Type Game", and randomly selected Liverpool to manage. It came around to selecting the Champions League Squad, and I decided to fill it up with youngsters, without any of the (relatively) big names, i.e. Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, etc.

There was no response to this in terms of players' feelings. No response in terms of "the people upstairs". To be honest, I have never done such an experimentation, and just expected a negative response. Would it be too technical to ensure that the registration of the Champions League squad is actually something "respondable to"?

What I'd really like is for match intructions to be assigned to individual players as opposed to positions.

Currently we assign instructions to a position in our tactics screen. So, your right-winger might be set up to make lots of forward runs, run with the ball and make lots of crosses. But say you're 3-0 up with 30 mins to go. You might want to bring on a more defensive player who might not be such a good crosser or have good technique, but is stronger, more defensively aware and makes more tackles.

In this situation you'd have to bring on the sub and then adjust his outlook to a more defensive setting and perhaps get him to close down the opposition. You'd also make sure he wasn't running with the ball or making as many crosses, since he's obviously not your creative outlet.

But think about it. You're never going to use this player as an attacking option - he's a defensive player. Why can't we have it so that we can assign these settings to him at the start of a season and he's automatically assigned these settings whenever he's brought on? Of course you'd still be able to change these settings in-match or pre-match, but what a lot of micromanagement it would save.

Your creative forward would always be set up to have more creative freedom and link up play. Your attacking full-back would automatically make forward runs and cross the ball. To me this system would make it so much quicker and easier to play to individuals' strengths.

My 2 bob.

1. About red cards, I played myself and read some posts in this forum. And I agree with them. Red cards are real problem in FM2007. Players are easily get red cards.

Need to fix.

2. About injuries, I just saw that in demo (really annoying me at there) and in full version, I read some posts: they complained about that too.

Need to hear more opinions from player

3. About appeal bans, I think we should get more detail about this function

If player have red card in game, so after game, we should have option to ask more people about if it's right or wrong. For example: we can ask anyone you like (players who sit on bench, or gather all your staff, get them view replay and ask them to get right decision). I agree that we dont like sim football, so just an email or an option

4. About discipline player, like my 3rd wish, I want an option that allow user to ask assist manager to discipline player more exactly. Because if you do something wrong, so your team will have a chaos.

5. SI can choose whether add this or not.

At manager profile, we have short plane section. I think we can add an option as drop out menu or something like that. So we can choose yourself.

Example: You manage 1 small team very good. Then you change your plan: Want to challenge at bigger club. More big club will notice you. and you likely get more offer, the small club will offer you a new contract with hope to keep you stay with them. I think this will make the more interesting. Just an option not like sim football

6. About cup game, I think game want me to lose.

Example: I play very good at some begin round. And feel hard when go farther. Okie, I agree. But sometimes, you meet very weak team in final. They still overmatch you. I dont know how. But they always have more ball then have more chance to score(even I play short and slow).

Although I play stronger team, I must still choose defend and counter attack to get a win.

I think some unfair-things have happen

A tactics board with player History showing you were you played him and how many times and even best rating at those different positions. Sorry but I move my players around and then they get injured and you loose who you played after a time and what position.

Make match postponements due to international fixtures and club games clashing (outide your games home continent) optional instead of compulsory...

This is a feature which would be simple to add, and IMO, hugely beneficial....

Instead of the Game automatically postponing fixtures due to players being on international duty, make it so that it will only be done should you (or your opponent) request it...

eg. you manage Liverpool, and have a selection of African and American players. Some times these countries will have international fixtures clashing with a prem fixture, resulting in automatic postponent, resulting in cases where I have had 4 games in 8 days at end of season to win premiership, the last of which falls on Tuesday after everyone else finishes.....not good!!!

alternative, when upcoming clash in fixtures arises, your board ask you do you wish to request postponent. If you are playing Chelsea on that given day, you may say yes. On the other hand, if u are playing Sheff Utd at home, you may see it a perfect opportunity to rotate your squad, and choose to go ahead with the fixture, thereby avoiding future congestion

seems like a simple and hugely beneficial solution to me???

BTW...this option should also be available to your opponent, ie. if Sheff Utd also have players who will be missing, they can choose to postpone the game and you have to live with it. Its the cases where only my players are missing, and I have no choice but to postpone the game that drive me mad!

player might have 2 nationalities and not decided yet, so let the player decide in game.

IE Higuain, in the game you put him as french nationality so he can only play in the french NT. In real life he was born in france but has lived almost all his life in Argentina, he plays for River and has not decided what nation (Arg/Fra) he will play for

I would like for him to be able to choose Argentina, or for me to be able to persuade him to choose Argentina icon_biggrin.gif

One new feature could be that the kits for the reserves and U19's team of the club you control don't show on matchday.

I was told that is because the computer generates the code at random or something, and that it's not an ID issue in the database.

It just detracts from the image and would be good if it was rectified for the next game.

-Teamtalks that ill actually use rather than letting my assman do it.

-improve match engine

-less repetitive media messages. DAMIAN MORI. STOP PRAISING MY PLAYERS AFTER EVERY MATCH YOU TOOL. icon_rolleyes.gif

-improved AI as always

-visual representation of the player's postioning on the tactics screen-so i tell the players where i want them to be on the pitch without having to play around with the damn sliders.

-Improved FRED system

-A training pitch where we can get an idea what impact sliders have and test out tactics

Archived