Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Add another roll of the dice in the calculations so that you don’t get hammered as predictably as you do when you use all three subs early . – every time you get an injury.

One RB, will lead to him being injured and in the game I’m playing leading to a spate of injuries with sometimes all right sided players out. Its as if its trying to teach you a lesson, by saying “ look you have no cover here – So I’m going to injure the playerâ€

I know it a number cruncher, with formula but these need just an extra layer of chance.

Oh and for the love of god (although this affect Clan games) when you add a player onto your transfer lists why would it be advertised next to the players info.

You go in scout out a few players in your mates team and he gets all huffy because he instantly knows you’ve added him to your list.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like another board interaction option: giving players lengthier contracts. You could go to the board and ask them to give one of the first team players contracts beyond 5 years, such as Rooney and Fabregas. This way, you wouldn't be able to hand an 8-year contract to any player, but, with permission of the board, you could give them to players who are already key to your side at a young age.

Originally posted by dav7fbman:

I'd like another board interaction option: giving players lengthier contracts. You could go to the board and ask them to give one of the first team players contracts beyond 5 years, such as Rooney and Fabregas. This way, you wouldn't be able to hand an 8-year contract to any player, but, with permission of the board, you could give them to players who are already key to your side at a young age.

It's against FIFA rules to have contracts longer than 5 years, these contracts that are meant to last longer are just 5 year contracts with options to extend it.

Guest evans90

It seems an obvious one to me, I can't believe no-one's mentioned this one before: Tapping-Up players.

On the player interaction screen, there should be a "contact player via agent" area, and to begin with you'd have to arrange meetings to see if the player is interested. If not, he'll tell you where to go, or worse, report you, leaving your reputation in tatters.

If he decides to meet you, you can discuss ways of signing him, advise him to play out his conract or tell him to spit out the dummy and hand in a transfer request, or tell him to ask for a contract with an affordable minimum fee release clause.

To add realism, you coud get snapped by a photographer (e.g. Mourinho-Cole scandal)and face an F.A. inquiry where you and your club would face a fine, and then, maybe your chairman and the board would decide you're destroying the image of the club and decide to sack you to save face.

I do remember a game called Ulitmate Soccer manager where you could offer bribes and bungs, or fix matches. It was funny, but also a little bit stupid.

I don't know if i would want the whole tapping up issue in there, and I think that there is other work to be done on agents before that happens.

IMO, agents should be added in the same way that refs are, they should have stats which could then influence the players they are affiliated with. So a player with a very greedy and ambitious agent could end up screwing over his club, whereas a young player with a level agent could stay and progress before moving on?

Got this idea from a friend but I would like to be able to watch (with the 2d match engine) certain parts of training. Corner taking would be nice so I can see what effect my instructions will have before a match, practice certain types of set plays etc...

Sub talks would be good, final instructions etc...

A pre game option to have 'what if' scenarios enabled, such as video replays being introduced, youth system changed, wage caps etc...

Players to develop preferred moves (or anti-proffered moves) after being forced to do so by your instructions and playing style (this may happen already but i haven't seen it)

Some players developing friendships randomly off the field because they are born in the same place, or spend time in the same international squad etc...

Greater impact from the fans, fans opinion on your formations, teams with a history of playing passing football (Ipswich, Arsenal etc) would have fans who appreciate this kind of formation from you but if you would play long ball then their opinion of you would drop slightly. Opinions could change if you win with a certain style that conflicts with the past. Fans demanding friendlies against certain teams be cancelled, Mk Dons for example. Messages to tell you about this.

More teamtalk options or different options becoming available for certain situations. perhaps the longer you are with the team, the better you learn the players personalities, the more options that become available.

Historic shirt numbers. A youth player being given a historic number having an effect, good or bad on his personality. Feeling pressure etc... The ability to gain historic shirt numbers, perhaps a player being voted player of the year a certain number of times? Or something similar.

The ability for coaches to have preferred moves that could be passed on to the players... especially if you get a famous ex player as your coach. Perhaps the could have hidden emphasis in training that relates to their playing days. A former striker raising composure slightly more than he should or they could have the ability to change a youth players 'cap' on a certain stat.

A pre game option to have 'what if' sceanarios enabled, such as video replays being introduced, youth system changed, wage caps etc...

Players to develop preferred moves (or anti-preffered moves) after being forced to do so by your instructions and playing style (this may happen already but i haven't seen it)

Some players developing freindships randomly off the field because they are born in the same place, or spend time in the same international squad etc...

Greater impact from the fans, fans opinion on your formations, teams with a history of playing passing football (Ipswich, Arsenal etc) would have fans who appreciate this kind of formation from you but if you would play long ball then their opinion of you would drop slightly. Opions could change if you win with a certain style that conflicts with the past. Fans demanding friendlies against certain teams be cancelled, Mk Dons for example. Messages to tell you about this.

More teamtalk options or different options becoming availiable for certain situations. perhaps the longer you are with the team, the better you learn the players personalitites, the more options that become availiable.

Historic shirt numbers. A youth player being given a historic number having an effect, good or bad on his personality. Feeling pressure etc... The ability to gain historicn shirt numbers, perhaps a player being voted player of the year a certain number of times? Or something similar.

The ability for coaches to have preferred moves that could be passed on to the players... especially if you get a famous ex player as your coach. Perhaps the could have hidden emphasis in training that relates to their playing days. A former striker raising composure slightly more than he should or they could have the ability to change a youth players 'cap' on a certain stat.

When regens are promoted to your under 18s I'd like the data on them to be better.

Arsenal as an example, should have an academy director (Liam Brady) as should other clubs with academy's.

Then, when new players are generated instead of just 'Player x has been highlighted as the best out of the current crop', I'd like to see media such as:

'4 of these players have been capped at England youth level, these are players w, x, y and z'

or,

'Player x is particularly talented and has captained England at under 16 level, whilst z, y and w have also played'

I have 2 ideas which I really think would give the game a massive boost.

1) The substitue interactions which has already been mentioned, telling the player who comes on "I have faith in you", or the likes of "prove you can do this to hold down a regular place"

2) Then I think there should be a link up where you can be at home playing FM and you are going out so you transfer the season to your PSP handheld game. Then when you come back put it back on the PC/MAC with the progress you made on handheld and so on.

Originally posted by MacJnr:

how about a 3d match engine so that you can see the stadium and players playing in it on matchday's?

We already can see our players playing in our stadium, we just can't see the stadium itself.

To be honest, not only am I not for having a 3D match engine, I am actually against a 3D match engine.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think Pro Evo is an excellent game, it really is. But it only works when it's a human player directly controlling the players. Have you ever put Pro Evo (or F*F* for that matter) on a computer vs computer match? It has all of the tactical nous of a dead ant.

And that's not even the main thing. That could be fixed with a large amount of work.

The main problem would be this.

THIS:

This: Animations.

You see, there are many, many different things that a player can do on FM.

He can run in every single direction on the pitch all whilst facing in one direction. He can do the same thing whilst on the ball.

The player can tap the ball in every possible direction no matter which way he is facing, and he can do it with varying amounts of power.

The players can dribble at many various speeds, and there are, I assume stepovers and the like being processed, when you see a player beat another head on.

And then there are the passes, short and long, again in different directions, and again at varying paces.

There are corner kicks, free kicks, goal kicks, penalty kicks, and, of course, shots. First-time shots and shots with the ball. All of these can be done in many different ways, e.t.c. e.t.c.

There are goalkeepers, there are referees, there are linesmen.

There are defenders, with their slide tackles, their blocks of the ball, and so on.

And the problem when you choose to go 3D is that if you want something to be possible, you need to create an animation for it.

If they can't create an animation for something, then they can't put it in the game.

So let's assume SI decided that they wanted a 3D match engine in the next game. They would have to split off a huge section of their team, who would have to work on creating (and then further tweaking, as even Pro Evo's match engine often features animations that don't match what happens to the ball) this 3D match engine for many, many hours a day, every day, and they would need to bring in many more staff members, both permanent and freelancers with part time, as most of SI's staff probably won't be too experienced with polygons, animation, 3D work and the like. None of their games even include a pre-rendered intro.

And then, by the time the new match engine comes in, after many, many months of working on it, it will be unfinished, as they wouldn't be able to delay FM08, and they wouldn't be able to create a fully working, fully-animated match engine capable of everything their 2D engine is, for years.

Pro Evo has been evolving (sorry) for over a decade now, and yet it is not capable of anything near what FM is.

F*F* has been sodomised for over a decade also, and yet that is still nowhere near the capability level of Pro Evo, let alone FM.

And let's not think about the 3D engine of newer series, like Club Football and This Is Football.

Quite frankly, that is why I would never want to see a 3D engine in FM. And feel free to quote me on that. (Not that anyone ever will. icon_razz.gif)

As for being able to see stadiums, they could do some interesting stuff there with sprite overlays, similar to the "Build a Temple" bits in Civilisation, which would be quite cool.

I would like to see something like that at some point in the future, but I wouldn't put it as that high a priority. icon_smile.gif

I don't know if this has already been suggested, but I'd like to be able to become Assistant Manager and/or coaches of teams. You could be responsible for managing younger teams and giving the manager advice, and could get promoted to manager if your boss is sacked.

I've always loved the thought of that, and I know I'm not the only one who's mentioned it (though I know there have also been quite a few "IT'S NOT CALLED FOOTBALL ASSISTANT MANAGER" type people, some of which don't type in all caps.

But I would love to see it at some point, it would be a good starting point for people entirely new to the game, too.

the ability to give an emotional speech in an amazingly important match. say you was playing your rivals. last game. winner stays up or wins the league. something of that sort of scenario. and i think it would be good to say something like.

'you lot. take a look at yourself's. your professional footballers. your raking it in. and look at them. the fans. the thousands of kids, that support this club, would give everthing the have, just to play 10 minitues for this club. and theirs you lot again. what a waste. now get out their. prove to me, that your not a waste of space. for the fans. 'Now Lets F-u-c-k-i-n-g Play Football' icon_cool.gif

Slightly more interaction with the board about player wages \ transfers.

e.g.

As there are somethines times when you miss out on a player beacuse he is slightly over your budget, it would be nice to could request to the board for some extra cash just for them, instead of the general request. The board could then make a decision on wether or not to allow you to procees with the transfer,

When requesting extra money or wages, instead of just rejecting your proposal, they could give you the opertunity to re-discuss your budgets (like at the start of the season). This would solve the problem when you cash in on some of your players to rebuild your squad, you have enough money to do what you want, but lack the required wage budget to do it.

Few more suggestions...

2D match engine

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Expand match engine borders to enable greater variety of shots, goal attempts, lobs, mis-kicks, wayward strikes etc. If the ball was returned from offscreen, this would represent the ball being returned from the crowd, rather than simply dropping dead when it hits the pre-defined match engine borders. This would improve the realism of the engine tbh.

<LI>Ball to bobble more on visbly broken surfaces, especially on pitches that are shared by more than one team, such as the lower leagues for example, but this could happen at even the highest level.

<LI>Players making more mistakes in adverse weather conditions, such as snow, ice, fog, heavy rain, high winds, mud, hail, sleet etc.

<LI>Snow / ice patches on some playing surfaces (IE those that don't have undersoil heating installed) during the winter, as well increased use of orange (or alternative) footballs for visibility reasons.

More Leagues

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Increase in number of playable lower leagues outside English ones. Also expanding the existing depth of the English lower league structure, such as including the 3 leagues directly below the Conference North & Conference South (Northern Premier League, Southern League, Isthmian Premier League), more info here

Expand team talk possibilities

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>This will enable a more accurate and relevant team talk to be given dependent upon the situation, rather than the same few options.

Contracts

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Flexible promotion / relegation clauses rather than fixed 25% rates.

<LI>Pooled / delayed bonus payments over a period of games (EG paid monthly) rather than weekly / per game. This may be beneficial to teams in the lower lagues and / or with financial issues.

Conference National financial model

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Once a team has turned professional in the Conference National, it becomes difficult to manage the club's finances; it is much easier to mantain finances when a club is semi-professional, probably due to lower wages being covered by attendance income.

<LI>Clubs with smaller grounds / gate receipts struggle to compete in wage terms. Perhaps this can be related to the suggestion of issuing ticket prices?

<LI>Increased financial breakdown, EG what represents Other costs, which are usually signicantly large at the end of the season.

1. I'd like to see a commnetator. Not throughout the whole game. But maybe after a goal or during a penalty shootout. Have a spanish guy in the South Ameican leagues do the "goooaaaallll", or something like that.

2. Maybe not 3d, but a little bit more detail to graphics would be nice. Such as stadiums. When you move from your 10000 seat stadium to youre new 25000 stadium I wanna feel it.

3. Still not enough options in the media. Still can't recommend a plyer to his national team. Still not enough interactions with the players.

4. Enough English leagues for chrsit sake. They got 6 already. Add some more Spanish and Italian or German Leagues. That would be nice.

5. England still Overrated. In most saves you look down the list of Champions League Winners and it looks more like the F.A. Cup. Also, England playing beutifully and winning the world and euro cup every other taurnament. Youre getting a laugh.

6. English players overrated as well. Most english players in the prem have technique of above 15. Youre getting another laugh.

Theres probably more but not that I can think of. Will continue the list tommorow.

Some kind of feedback and scouting about your own youth teams. Something like :

"<Ass. Manager> tells you that Giovanni dos Santos has been performing incredibly well at Barça B last weeks, and maybe you should give him some first-team chances."

Some youth reports at beginning of season (Maybe we could ask for them whenever we want). Assistant Manager telling a little scout about every player :

- "Altough X has been playing a lot lately , he isn't good enough to be a first-team regular at our squad"

- "X has been inactive for last matches, maybe you should consider loaning him out, so he could keep improving, as he is one of our most promising youngsters"

Chairmen shouldn't get involved if the money from any given sale is to be handed back to the manager for transfers. There is no game logic here. If the chairman want to sell a player to pay the shareholders or to expand the stadium, that is reasonable, but why on earth would a manager accept 30m for a player, then hand you that money so you can buy more players? Also, sort out Celtic's finances please, i never complain about players, but getting the finances straight is a must, Celtic a re a PLC after all.

Shout encouragment/critisism at your players at the pitchside during the 2D pitch screen. And give players detailed instructions through substitutes like Jose Mourinho with his little notes icon_wink.gif The higher the player's influence (the one you choose to deliever the message) the better the players respond to this.

Sorry, can't be bothered searching through 13 pages to see if anyone has mentioned my idea but here goes...

You guys want a realistic managers sim that is as close to real life as possible to what a manager does and make decisions like he does...

So surely (especially in todays game) going into huge set piece depth is a major thing, all we get is go forward, stay back etc but surely SI can plan and develop a way to create and implement our own set pieces to create a few extra problems for the opposition! Would be great as some teams live for set pieces!

Any thoughts?

1. Players characteristics vs Tactical position. You can often pick up three AttMid with tackling and positioning < 8 and still be successful in a 442 formation. That is not possible IRL. E.g. Real Madrid.

2. Players becoming unhappy if they are not played in their preferred position.

3. More preset tactics should be given to managers. Allardyce 433 is different from Wenger 433 or Rijkaard 433 for example...

4. Big name players and managers changing to smaller clubs. Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Inter, Juventus, Milan and Roma, Barca, Real Madrid and Valencia. These are the major clubs in Europe where you will see the best players. If Shevchenko or Ronaldo get transfer listed these are the ONLY possible clubs where they will end up in...If Mourinho leaves Chelsea he will not manage any other club. Carlos Queiroz managing West Brom? Impossible IRL but happens all the time in FM

4. Financial situation at clubs. It is really easy to become a rich club...Apart from England, Spain, Italy, Germany or France there is no money to spend on players IRL. You will have to sell in order to be able to buy.

5. Pressure from the board to buy or to play specific players.

6. Tune the Chairman interference: Chairman only go to players with flair, strikers or players whose reputation is high. Chairman only go to obvious players. Sometimes you see Abramovich buying IRAOLA or CRIS. Chairman should only sell players if your financial situation is not good.

Well I hadn't played FM for ages, but got back into it through playing Fifa Manager 07, only played it a few days because, essentially, its **** compared to FM07, but it had nice features that got me interested in football managing games again, like viewing the stadium, designing new ones, assigning ticket prices, buying up land around the stadium and building things.

The most important thing for long term playability is the regens, to model their stats on real life players, I don't mean go back to the regen system just some logic to the stats, there's a huge database of real life players which have been scouted showing the kind of stats players who have made it have. The fact is the temperamental superstar in real life is rare, after 25 years in FM its the norm (I have the best squad in the world by some way but only have one model professional), its also too easy for players to fulfil their potential, mental attributes only seem to affect how they get along with other players and how they react to being left out, bids being rejected etc.

I would suggest changing the youth system so players come in from the age of 8 or so, you could get loads of players that age either with set stats or variable ones as things like determination etc wouldn't be set at that age, by the age of 15/16 most would have dropped out, those with poor mental stats and you would bee left with those who have great mental stats and are more certain to reach their potential, whatever that may be, and those who have great talent but poor mental stats who are less certain to reach their potential. This would obviously be affected by youth set up, coaches, scouts, affiliated clubs and so on.

Originally posted by fred_davey:

Well I hadn't played FM for ages, but got back into it through playing Fifa Manager 07, only played it a few days because, essentially, its **** compared to FM07, but it had nice features that got me interested in football managing games again, like viewing the stadium, designing new ones, assigning ticket prices, buying up land around the stadium and building things.

The most important thing for long term playability is the regens, to model their stats on real life players, I don't mean go back to the regen system just some logic to the stats, there's a huge database of real life players which have been scouted showing the kind of stats players who have made it have. The fact is the temperamental superstar in real life is rare, after 25 years in FM its the norm (I have the best squad in the world by some way but only have one model professional), its also too easy for players to fulfil their potential, mental attributes only seem to affect how they get along with other players and how they react to being left out, bids being rejected etc.

I would suggest changing the youth system so players come in from the age of 8 or so, you could get loads of players that age either with set stats or variable ones as things like determination etc wouldn't be set at that age, by the age of 15/16 most would have dropped out, those with poor mental stats and you would bee left with those who have great mental stats and are more certain to reach their potential, whatever that may be, and those who have great talent but poor mental stats who are less certain to reach their potential. This would obviously be affected by youth set up, coaches, scouts, affiliated clubs and so on.

Oh, and stop the international tournaments robbing you of players during the CL final or whatever (north america gold cup for one), introducing a 'delay inclusion in squad until after ______ match' option would be handy.

1.Details of various league and European records that exist i.e. in real life Inter Milan just broke the European record for most consecutive wins 16, which was held by Bayern Munich and real Madrid 15 wins each.

2.Short term and long term computer control controlled team planning. Teams tend to have such planning in place in real life, though this may be dependent on who owns the club or who the manager is for example:

Chelsea, short term strategy when abramovich took over to make the club competitive at the highest level. Long term, buying young under 18’s who will eventually become first team stars.

Real Madrid: was to buy Galactico’s. it now changed to buying the best young players in the world i.e. Higuain, Gago, Marcelo.

Tottenham: buying young British players.

Man Utd: bring players through internally.

Portsmouth: buying players who other clubs have given up on, i.e. Campbell, Kanu etc.

This could also run with squad i.e. 5 year cycle. For example, Man Utd in past few years have been buying players of a certain age range in order to build a squad/group that will mature around the same time and this would considered to be part of a cycle. Computer controlled teams should do a similar thing.

3.Better computer controlled team squad balance. For example, squad should have a minimum number of goalkeepers. I’ve seen teams in the past go down to one goalie and the rest are grey goalies. Not realistic. Teams not buying 3 left backs for example in one summer.

4.Fix player instructions for the season. Example if I set instructions for Rolando and I start him from the bench, say he’s coming back from injury I want the instructions I set at the start of the season to be fixed to him, not for me to have to put them in again.

5.A yearly world soccer type round up of the worlds up and coming youngsters, best strikers etc. This would help in the long term, when the game is littered with regens.

6.More media build up of key matches, i.e. title deciders, six pointers, champion’s league games.

7.Make the champion’s league harder to win. Example, Ferguson has only won it once in twenty years, real Madrid went 30 years without lifting the trophy, inter still haven’t on it since the 1960’s. Also no team since Milan in 1990 has successfully defended the trophy.

8.Ability to talk to your players privately so the media don’t find out. Example, criticise them in private for poor form.

9.Any team you choose to control, the background picture changes to the club in question example, I am the manager of Chelsea, my background picture is Stamford Bridge, then I take over at Barcelona and my background picture changes to the Nou Camp.

10.New managerial appointments, computer clubs to pick managers who fit in with the club philosophy i.e. if Wenger leaves Arsenal, they don’t appoint Capello. Why? Because Capello’s reputation is buying established stars for big prices whereas arsenal’s is to buy young promising players and to make them into superstars, Fabregas, Anelka for example.

11.Revamp the training aspect of the game. Example, Arsenal in real life probably train with lots of work involved on first touch, one touch short passing game whereas Bolton, train more on set pieces, and direct, longer approach to the game.

12.Climate affects on the type of football played. Example, in hotter countries teams don’t tend to play as fast as they do in the premiership because of the heat and dehydration. So if you are manager of Liverpool and you play a fast high temp game and you go take over at Real Madrid, you can’t play to the same tempo because of the climate as players would just tire out too quickly.

13.Teams to stick to the philosophy of that country. Example in Italy the mentally is still a tighter marking more defensive approach to the game, whereas the premiership and England in general is faster direct football.

14.The domination of the champion’s league more linked to the strongest league in Europe. This is a difficult one to explain, but I think it makes sense. Example, in late 70’s and early 80’s English teams dominated the European cup. In the 90’s when serie a was the strongest league in Europe, Italian teams dominated the champions league. At the moment in fm07, English teams 8/10 times win the champion’s league season after season.

15.Copy the real life examples of the lack of tendency of top Italian, Spanish and English players to play out side their respective countries whereas French, Brazilian, Argentinian players have lots of players out side their native countries.

16.Regens. Too many regens have very poor physical stats. Their mental stats are better after patch 7.01 but their physical stats tend to be poor. In real life, players are much more athletic and quicker than they used to be 20 years ago and regens in fm07 some have good technical and mental stats but their physical are so bad that they never would be professional players in real life.

17.Computer controlled teams to try to copy successful tactics. For example if I play 4-3-1-2 in the premiership with a dedicated player maker in the hole and am successful and the majority of the league plays 4-4-2 then, computer controlled teams try to ape my formation and tactics to get success for themselves.

18.Computer controlled teams to mirror formations. This happens in real life a lot. Teams tend to mirror the formation of the opposition team for that particular game.

1. When you first start as a manager you should be able to easilly load up a picture and fill in extra detail about yourself such as where you play and you should be able to fill in some abilities eg mental abilities such as motivation

2. When your team gets a new sponser you should get a load of different kit variations you could have. This should be the same for when you get new kit manufactures.....

3. ....you should be able to get kit manufactures. You should get a list of real companies approaching you to make your kit eg. nike, addidias etc. Same for sponsership

4. Player pictures for every player in the game.

5. Interaction with refs - on thier profile beable to tell them how they did in a match, whct they did wrong

6. Much, much more variation of what to say to players and media before and during match.

7. Backgrounds of every stadium of every club and reserves in the game. There should be a picture at day (for day matches) and one for night (night matches)

8. Be able to have strickers coaches, midfield coaches and defence coaches

9. Be able to relay the pitch and it should get worse as the season goes on and worse during winter. Lower league teames may have puddles on pitch of matches postponed.

10. Have training camps in other countries so you can go to train for a week aborad when you dont have matches.

11. When you expand or move stadium you should get a new picture of the stadium

12. Have different balls and backgrounds for different competitions.

13. Emergency loans!

14. For the very low leagues, have open days so random people come and train and your scout and assistant manager tell you to sign certain players.

15. Make lower leagues a whole different game to Premiership.

16. Other leagues you cant manage in still being played.

17. Get rid of bugs like both teams wear the same colour and on the player ratings list one of my strikers appears amoungst the midfield.

18. However many seasons you have done please make it load quickly otherwise we loose intrest.

19. For lower leages be able to rasie money for your cash ridden club.

20. Be able to talk to the chairman and board members.

21. Be able to hold activities to rasie team spirit. eg. golfing trips

icon_biggrin.gificon14.gificon_wink.gif

• SI Staff
Originally posted by i Love United:

1. When you first start as a manager you should be able to easilly load up a picture and fill in extra detail about yourself such as where you play and you should be able to fill in some abilities eg mental abilities such as motivation

2. When your team gets a new sponser you should get a load of different kit variations you could have. This should be the same for when you get new kit manufactures.....

3. ....you should be able to get kit manufactures. You should get a list of real companies approaching you to make your kit eg. nike, addidias etc. Same for sponsership

4. Player pictures for every player in the game.

5. Interaction with refs - on thier profile beable to tell them how they did in a match, whct they did wrong

6. Much, much more variation of what to say to players and media before and during match.

7. Backgrounds of every stadium of every club and reserves in the game. There should be a picture at day (for day matches) and one for night (night matches)

8. Be able to have strickers coaches, midfield coaches and defence coaches

9. Be able to relay the pitch and it should get worse as the season goes on and worse during winter. Lower league teames may have puddles on pitch of matches postponed.

10. Have training camps in other countries so you can go to train for a week aborad when you dont have matches.

11. When you expand or move stadium you should get a new picture of the stadium

12. Have different balls and backgrounds for different competitions.

13. Emergency loans!

14. For the very low leagues, have open days so random people come and train and your scout and assistant manager tell you to sign certain players.

15. Make lower leagues a whole different game to Premiership.

16. Other leagues you cant manage in still being played.

17. Get rid of bugs like both teams wear the same colour and on the player ratings list one of my strikers appears amoungst the midfield.

18. However many seasons you have done please make it load quickly otherwise we loose intrest.

19. For lower leages be able to rasie money for your cash ridden club.

20. Be able to talk to the chairman and board members.

21. Be able to hold activities to rasie team spirit. eg. golfing trips

icon_biggrin.gificon14.gificon_wink.gif

just my thought on the ideas

1. nope, your in game decisions willl hspa estats

2. nothing to do with the manager

3. nothing to do with the manager

4. never going to happen, certain think called liscencing

5. managers don't give refs feedback in real live, only ref interaction should be through media question

6. yep, agree the pe match interview is pointless and repetitive in its current state

7. not sure if licenses would allow, if you want this you can download stadium packs off fan sites

8. coaches already ave differnt skills, no caoch in real life just teaches one position

9. pospotments would be good, maybe a request to relay pitch in boardroom demands may work

10. another one for boardroom demands maybe, manager would have to ask the chairman to do so

11. how the hell would that work?

12. yet again can downalod them off fan sites if you want

13. yep these need adding, specialy for goalkeepers with 7 day loan rule

14. the trial system could do with improvment in general

15. why?

16. you can do that...

17. if you find the bugs report them in bugs forum, never seen either myself

18. The game loads in pretty quickly in my 9 year career game, better than past versions

19. no

20. board room requests already in place which is simlar idea

21. no ,too much of a gimic imo

In the 7.02 editor we can now see player legends from a national team. (eg. Michael Laudrup from the Danish national team).

I would like such legends for managers:

- national team

- clubs

It is after all a manager game. I know it's partly there as a club favorite personnel, but it's mixed with players also.

My personal pet 'want' is for there to be a page in the clubs history with the top ten club scorers so that you could see how well your current players were doing compared to former players.

Example:

Man utd top League scorers

1. George Best 601

2. Eric Cantona 532

3. Dwight Yorke 511

4. Andy Cole 421

5. Ruud Van nistelrooy 387

6. Ryan Giggs 300

7. Paul Scholes 223

8. Wayne Rooney (current player) 201

9. Roy keane 184

10. Luca Toni (current player) 180

My personal pet 'want' is for there to be a page in the clubs history with the top ten club scorers so that you could see how well your current players were doing compared to former players.

i'm with Dayle on this one. i'd love to see if for games played as well. even better of this could be added to all leagues and cups. if you know your player is 1 game of playing the most games ever in Carling Cup you're most likely going to them!

Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

Example:

1. George Best 601

2. Eric Cantona 532

3. Dwight Yorke 511

4. Andy Cole 421

6. Ryan Giggs 300

7. Paul Scholes 223

9. Roy keane 184

awesome idea, i would also like to have top 10 players who played the most league games in the history of the club

Originally posted by blz80:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dayle Wood:

Example:

1. George Best 601

2. Eric Cantona 532

3. Dwight Yorke 511

4. Andy Cole 421

6. Ryan Giggs 300

7. Paul Scholes 223

9. Roy keane 184

awesome idea, i would also like to have top 10 players who played the most league games in the history of the club </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yeah it could be league goals, overall goals, league appearances, overall appearances, and maybe if its possible, a AI opinion of the clubs best ever starting 11 (though that is not such a big deal to me).

1. Keep the load time quick - im in my second season and takes 2 miniutes to load on a new laptop.

2. Be able to look 4 feeder and parent club at any time regardless of what board say.

3. Have incidents like in the Lille v United match but rarely

4. Have 3d stadiums like in TCM and you can reconstruct the stadium from this.

5. Be able to be appointed caretaker manager and assistant manager and control someones reserves.

6. Be able to see team talk feedback from last 10 games.

7. Definatley be able to change kit design, kit manufacture and sponser. Even if this has nout to do with managers its still fun.

8. Be able to vote for player of the season.

9. Be able to hold interviews with fans on a regular pattern (weekly).

10. Make player instructions player specific not position specific.

11. Testimonial and special matches eg United v. European XI

12. Ability to call press confrences and have press confrence backgrounds (club specific)

13. Idea for sponsers: If you cant have real company names because of liscensing make up fake sponser names and have the people on this website change them to real ones....

14. If we download stadium backgrounds then when i click on a result the background dosent come up until i click on a scorer and go back. Fix it.

15. yeah have agents aswell.

16. Have competitions change name like the JPT or carling cup competitions could even be added??.

17. Tapping up players.

18. Give subs talks before they come on.

19. Players developing moves in training.

20. More player and media talk variation.

21. Winter breaks can be introduced. (this and 16 would make fm in its own world)

22. Be able to have a one off match with ur mates on internet.

23. Physio reports when someone is injured.

24. Training camps abroad

25. Ability to raise club profile

26. Differences in management in lower leagues. eg peterbrough had big ron manager filmed at the club but this wouldnt happen to a prem club.

27. A page of fans where it shows the most hardcore fans, number of arrests and trouble makers who you can ban and detaills about fan groups and membership. You could arrange more security for certain matches so you wont get trouble so less fines.

28. Change ticket prices/ season ticket prices.

29. Constant player interaction/ player meetings.

30. Choose training hours.

31. Get reports of potential world stars who are maturing.

32. Youth teams can have players from 8 upwards although this would be more common with prem clubs.

33. Make a bigger deal of changing seasons with lots of media interviews.

34. Make a bigger deal of players returning from long term injury. eg ole solskjaer and alan smith with united.

35. Tell your reserve team coach how long to play players for in matches so if a player is returning from injury he doesnt die!

36. Meetings with team before season and matches.

37. Be able to change your badge - could do it in adobe photoshop but should be noted in game.

38. Have a big deal made when you start a job by media, players and former players.

39. Make matches against rivals more fierce. eg fans being arrested, players kicking it off in the tunnel (roy keane and vieria)

40. In commentry dont say the ball is in row z when the player has just tapped it off the pitch.

icon_biggrin.gif

Would love it if I could put a minimum games clause in loanee's contracts, it's ****ing me off that a few clubs offerred to take some of my players on loan with the promise that they'd be 'valuable first team players' but every scout report I get from them they're stuck in the reserves.

42. Add more pages like the board room page. eg:

Fans page (in previous post)

Stadium page - where you get a 3d image of the stadium and the page tells you stadium capacity, names of stands - which you could rename, change seat colour and change ticket and season ticket prices.

Merchandise page - where you see what items and memberships your club shop is selling and how much money its making and how much you pay the workers.

43. On the club information page there could be an overhead picture of the stadium from google earth.

44. Have players sons coming through the game like brooklyn, romeo and cruz beckham.

45. Be able to change reserve stadium.

46. When you move stadium you should get a list of areas you could move to and advantages and disadvantages of the areas.

I'd like to see some new manager ratings that have a real effect on the game and can be effected by HOW you play the game.

Imagine, when you first create your manager you have the following abilities:

Office Politics

Negotiation

Tactical Adjustments

Staff Management

How does it work? Each rating is from 1-20. You can set the starting rating to whatever you want, and this is how you can adjust your own starting difficulty. Reputation works like it does now (Sunday Leaguer, Former International, etc).

Office Politics affects your ability to get team management to do the things you want. The higher the rating, the more likely you'll be able to get more transfer funds, and other demands, filled, as well as the chance that the chairman will override you on certain decisions. This rating can be improved or lowered depending on how well you handle making requests, demands and ultimatums to the board. It could be further modified by opportunities to react to board actions in the press.

Negotiation is your general ability to negotiate contracts, for both your self and your players. Having continued success or failure in negotiating favorable deals will affect this rating.

Tactical Adjustments effects how quickly your players can adjust to changes in your tactical system. Changing tactics frequently and having success will help improve this rating, while failing frequently might lower it.

Staff Management is the ability to manage a larger staff. Right now staff is theoretically limited by what the board feels is a suitable number of coaches and scouts for your club size. But this is gamey and unrealistic. If I managing a club that has 25M a year in profit, I should be able to hire as many 500 p/w coaches as I want, at least as far as the board is concerned. Rather, it makes more sense to control this based on your manager's ability to manage his staff. This rating will be raised over time, and influenced by the staff you hire (and fire). Excessively sacking staff for example might lower this ability.

I'm sure there are more ratings that people can think of, but I think if these are implemented properly and in a not-overdone manner (having limited effects on gameplay) they could add another level to the whole 'role-play' element of a management career.

I have to apologise if this sugestion was already given, didn't have time to read thru all 14 pages of this threat.

I'd Like To See INDIVIDUAL Player Tactics Screen in PLAYER MENU, and Not Tactics One. This way we could asign Individual Tactics to Players and Not Positions. ... I'd leave it the way it is During Matches tho.

If this idea was posted before than im just singing up for it.

It's my first post too so "Hello" to everyone here. I'll try not to litter here.

PS. Spelling, etc. (English is my 2nd Language).

One thing I always wanted in the game - Perhaps it's better suited to the console versions of the game - is the ability to play as a chairman as well as manager. (Much like in EHM, where you're the general manager and hire managers, coaches, etc) I think it could add some depth to the game - I.e. you could install yourself as chairman of your club (With limited resources, so you couldn't just give the manager a blank cheque) and have to pick the managers and the transfer budgets to get the team to the top.

Also, I'd like to see the return of the aility to position players by the position of the ball. It seems the tactical side of the game has been enhanced immensely since I started playing, yet that feature, the most in-depth of all, disappeared...

Archived