Do you Cheat

Now everyone at one time or another has cheated on FM, I used too back in the day save my game before a big match like The FA Cup final or The Champions League final and if I lost I would just quit and load me game up......stopped it back in FM09 because you just dont feel any sense of accomplishment from it.

I also done the classic taking over Utd when your say Luton Town and selling your reserve players for £20m :D

So have you ever cheated or do younin fact cheat now and if so what do you do?

How do you know?

No I havent, it doesnt appeal to me really

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see why you would need to cheat at a game that is designed to be a challenge, it would be like entering the London marathon and completeing it by taxi just to finish first, theres no glory, no sense of achievment and no lasting fulfilment gained from it.

I like the fact that I can get to cup finals and get stuffed because of a stupid tactical error on my part or taking control of a club with no money and struggling through the season. Its the way the game is supposed to be played.

I don't see why you would need to cheat at a game that is designed to be a challenge, it would be like entering the London marathon and completeing it by taxi just to finish first, theres no glory, no sense of achievment and no lasting fulfilment gained from it.

I like the fact that I can get to cup finals and get stuffed because of a stupid tactical error on my part or taking control of a club with no money and struggling through the season. Its the way the game is supposed to be played.

Ah good, another one all highy and mighty about 'cheating'. Read the thread if you want your answer.

Ah good, another one all highy and mighty about 'cheating'. Read the thread if you want your answer.

I don't remember asking a question.

I'm not "high and mighty" just merely offering my views and, since the title of the thread was a question ("Do you cheat") I answered it and gave my reasoning.

I'm using ManUtd and I do use FMRTE,because I dont trust scout reports much..Youth players with PA of 150 is considered able to play at the same potential as my first team regulars, which is totally ridiculous for me..And for my latest save I've played half a season and was disappointed so i reload it and start all over at the beginning of the season again..Twice..Because that time my eyes were hanging badly and I kept on playing, without changing much tactics and lose to teams like blackburn at home...Now if i feel tired i save it and play next time, so that i'll be more satisfied eventhough if i lost..But one thing I can be proud of is that I dont use the corner exploit and never look for other people's tactics because I always create my own :)

I'll admit to the adding a bit of money to my balance every now and then, but rarely. I used to save before big match's and finals, but now i only add money, if im desperate to sign a player. I don't change tactics very much, i rather form my teams success on buying players :(

It was worth it. The added fun of glitching through walls made that boring game bearable. I couldn't care less than I lost 2 prestiges, it's not like it changes anything. :D

Well thats what you get for playing CoD :p Always been a MoH, BF2 guy myself. :D

never ever cheated on CM4, or FM 2010.

even if game crashed, i would STILL have to beat the teams again before getting back to the crash point rather than think, ok, i will make sure i win every game etc by reloading back up until i get to the same point as when game crashed.

just dont see the sense in cheating, my opinion is that if you cheat, then why bother playing the game at all.

I used genie scout in FM09 in a few saves but it gets boring really quickly and drains the fun out of FM so after that I have not touched any "cheat" tools or related.

I start a game and then let it run overnight and all the next day to get a good few seasons into it.

I then look up the players that are roughly about 14 - 19 years old at the start of the game (doing a bit of math wizardry).

I then note these players and their starting clubs.

Mark out the players who have gotten World Player of the year, European Player of the year, Goalkeeper, Defender, Midfieleder and Striker of the year.

Plus anyone of any noteworthy that's made it big in the game.

Then I sign as many as a I can in my a new game (within reason).

I'm of the opinion that this is only slightly cheating. But meh. It's only a game.

I've done other games where I start from the bottom club and work my way through the leauges. I consider these long term games.

The games I do what I mentioned above usually fizzle out after a while, where my long term game may takeover for a few months. But if I get bored with that I can go back to my fun game where I've all the best players.

Well, in the past I've edited databases in my game giving my club a increase in transfer money for example, I did a couple of other things like that too... now I see no point really. I play the game for a challenge cheating seems so pointless to me now I look back at it

Well, my latest cheating exploit is this: Darlington's fortunes, or lack thereof, have been heartbreaking this year, as they're my second team. So I went into the editor and clicked the sugar daddy, and added a little dosh on the front end myself. It's as close as I'll ever be to going all Abramovich on them, so I've got a save with them in their moneyless state and another with a pocketful of money.

Guess which one is doing better :(

No, you're right, the one with money, but I had you thinking :)

I usually have a cheat file and a clean file. The cheat file I might edit the budget of a small club beforehand or something like that, basically make Man City but I use a club I like. It stops me being tempted to cheat on my long term save.

When I played CM93 I would sometimes start a game with 2 managers and buy all the crap players from one team with all the money from the other team. Then I'd retire the manager at the team whose money I'd spent. Even then though it made the game feel slightly worthless once I'd done it. There's no point really as it just decreases my enjoyment factor.

Losing a Champs League final and such is a bitter pill, especially when Patrice Evra playing for Juve scores from SEVENTY ****ING YARDS, but there we are...

When I played CM93 I would sometimes start a game with 2 managers and buy all the crap players from one team with all the money from the other team. Then I'd retire the manager at the team whose money I'd spent. Even then though it made the game feel slightly worthless once I'd done it. There's no point really as it just decreases my enjoyment factor.

Losing a Champs League final and such is a bitter pill, especially when Patrice Evra playing for Juve scores from SEVENTY ****ING YARDS, but there we are...

In 10.2 I lost to Chelsea in FA cup final on penalties after Lampard scored direct from a corner. That was annoying but I got into Europe anyway so not that big of a deal.

only cheat when its a final.

i used to save cheat for quarter finals of champs league etc. but not anymore.

if i started again in smaller leagues and was one win away from promotion, i would save cheat.

no point denying cheating.

save cheat takes time to reload, so cant be arsed with it.

One time I used the editor to give Newcastle a sugar daddy - just for a laugh - unfortunately, I also started using my new tactics and found that they worked really well and I got off to a fantastic start to the season. Just as I was getting into the game, the board gave me a big wedge of cash for transfers and I wished I'd played straight.

So now I don't cheat, purely because I prefer it that way.

That said, I play 4-3-3, which some people would consider to be an exploit anyway.

One time I used the editor to give Newcastle a sugar daddy - just for a laugh - unfortunately, I also started using my new tactics and found that they worked really well and I got off to a fantastic start to the season. Just as I was getting into the game, the board gave me a big wedge of cash for transfers and I wished I'd played straight.

That said, I play 4-3-3, which some people would consider to be an exploit anyway.

why is it an exploit?

i used to cheat back in CM2 dont the old add manager give me lots of money jobby, but dont cheat now, i do put FMRTE on my game for one thing only though and that is to change my D.O.B. so it says my correct age after that its left and forgotten about.

I'm actually really shocked by the amount of users who "cheat" in someway judging by this thread.

I can honestly say I've never cheated on any version and played the game as realistically as possible. By doing so I always thought I was in the majority but I'm beginning to wonder if I'm really in the minority.

I have always played 3, 4, 3, in the past. However here on FM 2010, it is impossible by all accounts to do that as 2 of your wide midfielders/wingers will always fall back into the FB/WB slots no matter what they are instructed to do and make it a 5, 2, 3, still had a lot of success with it though, BUT

i then changed to 4, 4, 2 (to stop the wide men from falling back) and the goals have started flying in from all over the pitch, esp from midfielders as well, instead of just from the 3 strikers, and the amount conceded has gone down too.

So rather than hard to mark 3 forwards, i would say it is even harder to mark 4 midfielders and 2 strikers all set to attack. 88 goals in 25 games doesn't lie

I really dont see the player search filter as cheating. I use it all the time. Agents send lists and lists of available players to managers regularly. Since that feature is not in the game, i feel it is counterbalanced by the player search function. Also it is a part of the game. The option is there without making any alterations to the game itself so shouldnt really be considered a cheat i dont think.

I have cheated in the past and usually find it spoils the game very quickly for me.

Other than that, i am proud to say i dont cheat.

I was just tought that being on here might be cheating already, so apparently I do cheat.

Seriously, I don't cheat but I did by using third party scouting tools when I was younger.

I also used some exploits, but never Diablo for instance. Today I just try them and don't use them if they feel like cheating to me with the threshold for that being lowered the older I become.

I dont cheat in the way of save and reload, but I have given teams bigger transfer budgets. But if that is what I need to do to make it fun that time, then ok. Next time I might not want that and play with no editors. I have used corner bug, not the new one but in FM09 and stuff.

But when it comes to cheating in FM it depends what you look at as cheating, but as long as I have fun its fine by me really. Do not cheat when playing with friends. In other words no corner bug or bigger transfer budgets etc...

I do cheat, although progressively less ever since I found out how to exit-reload in CM01/02. Most of the things I do that could be called cheating involve FM Scout, and even there I'm starting to use less "cheaty" ways.

I do not cheat, it takes away the satisfaction and enjoyment of the game.

I generally dislike cheating in all games I play, online cheating really pees me off though in FPS games like COD with aimbots and wall hacks, I see it as like athletes taking drug enhancements.

I cheat sometimes, but not on every single save. And by cheating, I mean I save on those 'big' games (finals, rival teams etc), I wouldn't go as far as editing players attributes and so on. Nevertheless, reloading is still cheating, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. If that's how I want to play that particular save game, then I will. I bought the game, I can play it however I want and SI have catered to those who like to tinker by giving us the Editor.

If you cheat, I wouldn't feel ashamed about it. On the flip side, if I'd never cheated whilst playing any CM/FM game ever, then likewise I wouldn't feel proud about it either...it's your game.

When it comes to editing your preferred club into one with a pocket full of money, while it is technically cheating, it is moreso, IMO, indulging in part of the fantasy of gaming and having control. Though most of us decry the money, we also most of us would love to see some Abramovich type walk in and forcibly make our club into a world-beater.

I don't cheat in the sense of reloading or using scouting utilities, but I'm sure some people would class things I do as cheating if they set themselves certain standards. Things like searching for staff members by using filters for attributes or using the player search screen.

I dont use either of these cheats.

Yup. Still use Genie and whenever a corner cheat comes up I exploit it to some degree.

I am currently using the lurk outside the box corner cheat/exploit

Some say that the ME can't cope with marking three forwards.

This is the 1st time i have heard this and I also use a 4-3-3, with 3 central striker in my current save, and this might explain why it is doing so well (even with the corner cheat/exploit)

So that is the extent of my cheating in my current save.

whether i cheat or not pretty much depends what kind of mood i am in. At the moment i am crazy busy at work and only have about <3 hours of play per week so just want some fun with the game and i am not too concerned about realism.

I used to use 3rd party tools way back when i was 13/14 ish ( a long time ago now unfortunately) but dont use them anymore. As people have said if i start a serious carrer game going then i wont cheat or use exploits.

Maybe we should start up a cheaters anonymous.

"Hello my name is Fuzzrab and i cheat at FM"

I have always played 3, 4, 3, in the past. However here on FM 2010, it is impossible by all accounts to do that as 2 of your wide midfielders/wingers will always fall back into the FB/WB slots no matter what they are instructed to do and make it a 5, 2, 3, still had a lot of success with it though, BUT

i then changed to 4, 4, 2 (to stop the wide men from falling back) and the goals have started flying in from all over the pitch, esp from midfielders as well, instead of just from the 3 strikers, and the amount conceded has gone down too.

So rather than hard to mark 3 forwards, i would say it is even harder to mark 4 midfielders and 2 strikers all set to attack. 88 goals in 25 games doesn't lie

Whenever i stick it to overload (using a 4-4-2 with LAM and RAM) for the last few minutes I've been getting goals lately. I might try it from the start to see what happens.

I actually find it more fun to mess about using FMRTE, but not for my own benefit, but for other clubs'. For example, even if I'm playing in the Championship, I'll cause League 1 leaders Swansea to go on a losing streak right before end-of-season, making them lose their promotion spot.

I've also altered the reputations of NPP/SLP/ILP teams to see new teams promoted into the Blue Square North/South.

Cheating is such a vague term in FM that it's hard to know who plays "legit". Considering most people have used this site to come and pick up tips for their favorite team, or try out new tactics or to find out ways to "cheat" the transfer system (things that aren't included in the boxed copy or its manual) you would think anyone who drifts away from GD is a cheater.

To be frank I have cheated, and used to save/reload a lot when I first bought this game. Now-a-days, to the extent that it can be considered cheating, I have used tactics from the SI Community and used the team guides or shortlists to buy loads of players I knew nothing about and could not see in my search filter or that my scouts would never reach (i.e. I never have anyone scouting Scandinavia but half of my star players have come from Rosenborg, Molde, Brann and IFK Goteborg in my latest save). So I could say I do cheat, but it's more of a "manager interaction" sort of thing :D

Archived