FM16 tactics screen discussion

Sorry if i've posted this in the wrong section but it's hard to ignore how dissapointed i am with the new tactics screen ( http://postimg.org/image/a1kykzueh/ ) ..

Please changeit back to either FM14 or FM15 ... The player blocks make it difficult to visualize the position and the overall graphics look like something from a sci-fi movie.

either change it back to shirts or circles or something better...

Anyone else agree?

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it isn't, the 'blocks' will probably be easy enough to remove/change by the excellent skinning guys. It's not really an issue, imo.

to me it takes up the whole pitch making it difficult to be precise with positioning..

Good god. I'd love to give the benefit of the doubt, but it's like they heard all the complaints about how unusable and ugly the tactics screen was last year and said: "Oh you think that was bad? Get a load of this!"

If it isn't, the 'blocks' will probably be easy enough to remove/change by the excellent skinning guys. It's not really an issue, imo.

"The modders will fix it."

Good god. I'd love to give the benefit of the doubt, but it's like they heard all the complaints about how unusable and ugly the tactics screen was last year and said: "Oh you think that was bad? Get a load of this!"

"The modders will fix it."

No, it's saying if you like it, fine. If you don't, there should be community skins that may be more to your liking.

To whoever at SI came up with the idea that light letters on a dark background are better than the opposite:

May your arse eternally itch and your arms be too short to reach it... :mad:

• Administrators

I personally prefer it in a higher resolution but everyone is different. Bear in mind it is a work in progress - the 'chocolate orange circles' were used to represent the condition and match fitness/sharpness in a smaller space.

As a number of users do use a lower resolution we have to cater to their screen space as much as someone the maximum res.

Lol and? the new tactics screen would be ugly in 4k resolution, it would make no difference.

If you read the previous posts, they were referring to the 'blocks' looking too big or the screen looking cluttered. The low resolution plays a big part in that.

Even allowing for the fact it's lower resolution, it looks awful and like you'd find on a mobile free-to-play game, farmed out to a dirt cheap dev in the middle of nowhere. There's a loss of detail (no textures on buttons or the pitch), and the square box players with 'chocolate oranges' on them look extremely ugly.

It feels like the UI has gone about 20 years back in time.

Yes i understand that, but even at a higher resolution the blocks are still massive, maybe not as big and cluttered, but still massive and ugly, i just see no point in having those blocks there.

Try it first, preferably then at a higher res, before you make up your mind.

SI UI designers are overpaid no matter what they are getting. imho

Players number is so important that it needs to be that big? It's tactics screen for god's sake... It would be much more useful to see condition percentage and last 5 games form and not his number...

Compare and contrast:

QJTUzYbKLxMo.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

431375-%5Btactical-discussion%5D-formations-great-results-fm14-fc-schalke-04_-tactics-overview.png

FM 2014 RULES !!! There's a reason it got the most favourable reviews on Steam, second only to FM 12. That tactics screen amongst other things was perfect. The ME on the final patch was near-perfection. Player Interaction was great. Everything just WORKED.

To whoever at SI came up with the idea that light letters on a dark background are better than the opposite:

May your arse eternally itch and your arms be too short to reach it... :mad:

Well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I generally prefer light text on dark background, because it strains my eyes much less, especially late in the evening when the computer screen is often the brightest source of light around.

completely agree; 'player blocks' look really so ugly; sorry guys but look at the beauty of FM15:

tbSvmje.jpg

Now this is my favourite FM.. FM15... that looks beaitiful... i hope SI will consider changing abck to this ... it might not be a big deal to some people but trust me it DOES make all the difference when desiging tactics. PLEASE SI.... Please dont fix something if it aint broke....

I personally prefer it in a higher resolution but everyone is different. Bear in mind it is a work in progress - the 'chocolate orange circles' were used to represent the condition and match fitness/sharpness in a smaller space.

As a number of users do use a lower resolution we have to cater to their screen space as much as someone the maximum res.

Why did you decide to go with blocks? player shirts were more "authentic" and just easier... Also the circles were so much better in FM15. If you want to include the design , at least allow us to choose in "preferences"

Why did you decide to go with blocks? player shirts were more "authentic" and just easier... Also the circles were so much better in FM15. If you want to include the design , at least allow us to choose in "preferences"

A simple % number is so much more informative. The circles are fuzzy and not used anywhere else in the interface. It just doesn't make much sense. A UX designer on here wrote a very detailed and constructive post about this last year.

just seems to me the new tactic interface big and blocky seems more sutiable for classic mode, full carrer mode is usually more streamlined and slick.

They've obviously realised that FMC is the most important version and everything else should take second place to it ;)

Keep in mind that that screenshot of FM16 was also taken on a low res system.

Out of interest and merely curious, if SI are publicising a new game like FM16, why use screenshots from a low res system? Because that screenshot does them no favours.

I am with you on this aspect though, not an issue.

Wait and see the functionality before passing judgement I'd suggest.

there is nothing to judge except its look & feel which will not be affected through its effectiveness. We are discussing how it looks - not how it works. No need to wait for this.

But i didn't see any major uproar about how the FM15 style looked bad or needed x,y or z.

You'd be wrong with that. FM15's tactics screen was absolutely slated on here on release - including by myself.

I have to say though that after initially hating it compared to FM14's, I did get used to it, and now I find it to be more user friendly than 14's. However, I really do NOT like the FM16 one on first view, the player shirts look too big and blocky. Will need to see it on a higher resolution to comment any further.

Wait and see the functionality before passing judgement I'd suggest.

What a shame. what an absolute shame.. It seems Miles was a little offended too. i just dont get it.. He says usability but i dont see it... What is improved? how is it improved? shed some light someone please...

It seems to me this year they focused more on aesthetics than the core engine.

SI UI designers are overpaid no matter what they are getting. imho

Players number is so important that it needs to be that big? It's tactics screen for god's sake... It would be much more useful to see condition percentage and last 5 games form and not his number...

Who cares about "last 5 games form"? I'm confused. How is it related at all to your tactics and choosing of players? Do you assume that player who played well will continue playing well?

Who cares about "last 5 games form"? I'm confused. How is it related at all to your tactics and choosing of players? Do you assume that player who played well will continue playing well?

Hmm, are you suggesting a player on a average raring of 8.21 from his last 5 games isnt important information on team selection and who is actually in form and who is not?

What a shame. what an absolute shame.. It seems Miles was a little offended too. i just dont get it.. He says usability but i dont see it... What is improved? how is it improved? shed some light someone please...

It seems to me this year they focused more on aesthetics than the core engine.

Where did you get the idea I'm offended? :confused: I'm suggesting you should delay judgement until you've seen how the full functionality of that item works (you can't tell that from the graphic shown)

Where did you get the idea I'm offended? :confused: I'm suggesting you should delay judgement until you've seen how the full functionality of that item works (you can't tell that from the graphic shown)

I didn;t mean you Kriss. lol. i mean Miles Jacobson from reading the twitter post ;)

To be honest, not digging the look of that tactics panel, wonder what a formation like 4-4-1-1 or a diamond will look like, as it it seems they'll be all over each other.

That said, I didn't like 15's tactic look at first, and I'm perfectly happy with it now, so I'll give it a fair shake. Would love to see that screenshot(or similar) on a high resolution screen, though!

A Shadow Striker behind a False 9 might look like a piggy back, or worse!!!

Must say it's a shame the licenses are such a problem because player faces on the tactics screen would be a nice touch. Also I am wondering if the likes of Cleon, wwfan and Rashidi are itching to pull apart that 4-4-2 on the FM16 tactics screen!!! :D

The low resolution is making this screen look worse than it probably is imo. The problem is that I'm not convinced it'll look great on a higher resolution either. The FM2015 tactics screen looks much better, despite not being able to change roles on the tactics screen.

Archived