Football Manager Classic 2015 Features Video Official Feedback Thread

• Administrators

[video=youtube;9w1LENuG0Pw]

To follow up the FM Features video, once again Sports Interactive's very own Miles Jacobson is here talking through some of the new features and improvements which will be included within Football Manager Classic. It's just a four minute video, so again, please bear in mind these are only some of the changes the game will undergo.

What we'd like from you is some feedback from the video in this thread. As always we expect all kinds of feedback, but please remember to try and keep it as constructive as possible. Also if you have any questions (and I'll say now we can't announce any further features!) please do feel free to ask them and we'll try to answer as well as we can.

Remember you can pre-order the game now and get access to the pre-release beta. The game itself will be released on the 7th November 2014.

The single biggest request for FMC (outwith an editor, which let's be frank is never happening), was some sort of post-match analysis screen. Given there was nothing about it in the video, it's pretty safe to assume that won't be included this year either, which is disappointing.

I'm a bit confused at the section at the start. You can already customise the database size and pick any leagues you want outwith the recommended three. Apart from choosing to skip pre-season, I don't see what the difference is. Maybe I've missed something.

Disappointed but not surprised that you cannot edit the database prior to commencing a new game. As I have said previously if they gave us the ability to change the player database in line with player transfer moves it removes the need to purchase FM16/17/18 etc as year on year there isn't much adjustment they can make to FMC other than offer up to date squads.

Would be nice to adjust your kits on an annual basis as it adds imersion to the game. Particularly when the main game has unrealistic reactions to kit clashes. For example Birmingham City's penguin kit last year continually lead to wearing the yellow away strip at home; or alternatively both teams playing in kits that were in the majority blue. No chance of playing a long career game with my team as this one item ruined the immersion.

Great new features, apart from the unlockables. Those always feel like cheating (well, actually they are cheating).

Love the new skin, was hoping for an analysis tab, but missing that will push me to watching some games in far greater detail, which is preferable anyway.

Disappointed but not surprised that you cannot edit the database prior to commencing a new game. As I have said previously if they gave us the ability to change the player database in line with player transfer moves it removes the need to purchase FM16/17/18 etc as year on year there isn't much adjustment they can make to FMC other than offer up to date squads.

Would be nice to adjust your kits on an annual basis as it adds imersion to the game. Particularly when the main game has unrealistic reactions to kit clashes. For example Birmingham City's penguin kit last year continually lead to wearing the yellow away strip at home; or alternatively both teams playing in kits that were in the majority blue. No chance of playing a long career game with my team as this one item ruined the immersion.

Disagree, what makes be buy it every year isn't the updated database it's the improvements to the match engine, transfer module, squad building etc.

I'm a bit confused at the section at the start. You can already customise the database size and pick any leagues you want outwith the recommended three. Apart from choosing to skip pre-season, I don't see what the difference is. Maybe I've missed something.

This. I got pretty excited when he started talking about bigger databases, hoping that it would mean custom editor files - only to be majorly disappointed when apparently he just did what you can already do in FMC14, remove the restrictions and choose a larger database. Very weird.

Promising with training, tutoring and board requests for facilities etc.

However the video made it seem like the Ass Mgr controls tutoring without any input from us - makes me very skeptical given the crap tutor suggestions that the game currently makes in FM14 full mode...

Disagree, what makes be buy it every year isn't the updated database it's the improvements to the match engine, transfer module, squad building etc.

I understand what you are saying however the items you list are not specific only to FMC but also the main game.

If FM15 turned out to be as good a game as FM10 (or FM07) were then I believe that many would not update to FM16 if they had the option to update database for FMC15.

Would be interesting to hear SI's reasoning behind no database adjustments to FMC - I can't believe that they are technical only.

I've never played FMC and I never will. It's just not for me, I think it suits the guys who don't have much time to play or want to get straight into the matches.

If you've never played it you're not entitled to misrepresent it in that way tbh, it can take up just as much of your time as full fat ;)

The single biggest request for FMC (outwith an editor, which let's be frank is never happening), was some sort of post-match analysis screen. Given there was nothing about it in the video, it's pretty safe to assume that won't be included this year either, which is disappointing.

I'm not sure I agree. If you wade through the FMC wishlist thread, the two most common requests appear to be an editor and enhanced training.

I requested training enhancements and the analysis tab, but given the choice of just one, I think I'd take increased control over training every time.

What do you mean by "no data base adjustments"?

I think he means not being able to use custom databases in FMC. That and having an analysis tab are the only things I really wanted to be be added.

According to my Steam stats, it takes up more of my time than Fatty mode (comparing FM13 to FM14) :eek:

Then you, my friend, are doing it wrong :brock:

Au contraire mon ami! Whilst I put in around 10% more hours than FM13 (which I really liked) I completed around 50% more seasons than on FM13. FMC lets you whistle through seasons - and I don't even use Instant Result.

OMGZ :eek: you watch the football????

• Administrators
Unlike virually everyone here, I just started playing FM with FM 13. I started with Classic mode, and then moved into the full version. It was far easier to start that way.

It's great to hear of people getting started on FMC before moving onto the full version. Thanks for the feedback.

Clear as mud eh? but we've always known it's unlikely because of DLC.

Surely charge £10 for the FMC editor or something. We'll never know what they make from DLC, but if something like the new stadium DLC is the most popular just make the editor incapable of editing stadiums.

I'm disappointed that the only real changes to FMC seem to be adding back extra stuff from FM, which seemed to defeat the purpose of FMC in the first place.

I'm disappointed that the only real changes to FMC seem to be adding back extra stuff from FM, which seemed to defeat the purpose of FMC in the first place.

Agreed. Give it another ten years and we'll have FM, FC Classic and FM Classic Classic.

I'll just re-post this here too:

Lucas works for SI and has already confirmed the status regarding the editor:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368897-FMC2014-Official-Feedback-Thread?p=9261409&viewfull=1#post9261409

It was mentioned last year, the editor doesn't quite support FMC due to the amount of changes in the mode. Certain things wouldn't be clear from the dbc how they would work, and dbcs also affect game speed, so can hinder the mode as a quick way to play the game.

We're aware of people suggesting it, and there's even people internally have suggested it. But it's a feature request, and is something that may be considered for a future version if it's possible to include.

I can understand the consternation regarding it not being included but I don't see any reason perpetuating the angst when it is confirmed as not being included. It is currently not possible to enable an editor in an official capacity. Whether a bug in the past has seen some sort of editor / database functionality that isn't supported to work is not currently, officially relevant.

Please mention it yet again in the Wish List thread if you want to see this feature in FMC16. What is not really on is ignoring SI staff when they ask you politely not to continue with a line of questioning which already has an official response. What is also not on is creating threads purporting to link to third party FMC editors.

Agreed. Give it another ten years and we'll have FM, FC Classic and FM Classic Classic.

I think you can turn most all of it off. I would have left training to my assistant manager, initially, same with tutoring. Then I would have maybe turned one on and toyed around with it, after I was settled.

I was one of probably many voices for including training in classic. This is why: my players kept learning massively inconvenient PPM's. The worst for me was "shoots from distance".

When I started with FM 13, in classic, your team had to learn the tactics with tactical familiarity - that alone was a large barrier to entry - and that has been removed, making classic simpler.

Dodgy Lasagne! whatever next?........

Gaffer Ewing, the last match was just a dream

Moving goalposts

You'll win nothing with zombies

Dugout win button

Joking aside although I am no fan of FM nowadays (since FM12) I would like to say that for me FMC makes the best of the bad job I feel FM has become so if you liked the full fat FM13 or FM14 but feel you were a little disengaged then give FMC15 a go.

I hope there is an option to play FMC without the player attributes being highlighted in coloured boxes. It really bugs me and while I know it is petty, it actually pushes me into playing regular FM.

Edit: For example 2:42 into the video on Troy Deeney's screen when his attributes are in coloured boxes ranging from pink to dark green. Aargh, shame on an otherwise so beautiful game! I can't get a overall view of his stats at a glance with all that clutter.

Yeah you see... SI kinda want you to buy FM16/17/18 so telling them that adding this feature would stop you from giving them money for their game in the future isn't gonna help it get picked up.

Really good to hear about the training, something that was really needed in FMC.

My dear God, "Dodgy Lasagne"?

Things like this really put me off FMC, I know it is an unlockable but even knowing it is there and it can be used puts me off it.

1 question if I can?

The skin in FMC is that the only one, or can we use the skin that was in the full game video?

That white eye bleeding screen has been a pain in recent years.

If you can't find it, I'll post details when I'm playing the game later this evening :thup:
Drop down menu next to your own name -> Actions -> Go On Holiday

First of all, thanks for your answers. I have actually not explained myself right, as I was trying to refer the challenge mode. I don't see that option when I'm doing a challenge and sometimes It would be useful. As a career game in FMC, I do have the option.

Is it a real feature or only a joke? AHAHAH

in case you're unfamiliar with it,

the reference that xtal made was back in 05/06, when Spurs apparently had "food poisoning" and lost 4th place to Arsenal on the final day

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/4750305.stm

edit: which I dare say is the sole reason for including it this year

Still no edited database, nor the option to load all players from a nation (let's say you want to manage San Marino). Disappointed. Also about scouting in FMC, can we finally have more scouts to cover a wider range or we only have 1 like last year?

• Administrators
First of all, thanks for your answers. I have actually not explained myself right, as I was trying to refer the challenge mode. I don't see that option when I'm doing a challenge and sometimes It would be useful. As a career game in FMC, I do have the option.
The option is intentionally disabled for Challenges because going on holiday puts the assistant in control. Instant Result can be used instead as you'll still get "credit" for being in charge of those matches.

Archived