Anyone here not care about the demo?

I know some of you out there will be seething with me for the very mention of the demo. 'There's enough threads on the topic already!', I hear you cry. But that's just it. There are. All we seem to get is questions about the demo and when it's coming out.

For this reason, I was curious if anyone else feels like me in that I really couldn't care less about the demo. I've never played the demo with any previous version. I understand the purpose of it entirely. However, it's not for me. I feel absolutely zero excitement about the demo. Anyone else feel like that?

I think alot of the people that create new threads about the demo just do it for something to do! 2 eyes and a mouse is all you need to find out when the demo is coming out! It wouldn't surprise me if SI have put back the date of it just cos of the impatient people and tbf I wouldn't blame them

I think alot of the people that create new threads about the demo just do it for something to do! 2 eyes and a mouse is all you need to find out when the demo is coming out! It wouldn't surprise me if SI have put back the date of it just cos of the impatient people and tbf I wouldn't blame them

On the other hand, I suppose you could argue that it shows just how excited FMers get about the game when they find it hard to wait for the demo.

Also, please don't misconstrue this thread as me having a whinge about all the threads regarding the demo. This was really more about whether or not there are people out there like me who don't care much about it. Not that that should proclude those who do care from posting in it.

I've never enjoyed playing the demos, simply because I know I can't get stuck into them knowing that I will start again when the full game comes out (I know you can continue, but then I won't have all the selected leagues I want etc). But I will play the demo just to try out the new features, do stupid things to see funny reactions (which I wouldn't do on my real game for my reputation's sake) and do other things I won't do on the real game but will try out on the demo.

I am still looking forward to it, just to try out the new features, but not nearly as much as I am looking forward to getting the real thing. I also know that even if the demo is poor, i will still be buying the game, because I know I don't ever get that much enjoyment out of the demo.

I'm not as eager as others seem to be to get my hands on the demo

I will try it, just so I have the opportunity to test it out and make 100% sure it's worth spending my money on

But I'm fairly confident it can't be any worse than FM08, so I'd buy it even without a demo

not really bothered about it coming out, tbh. still got a couple of great saves on 08 that i have no intention of leaving just yet, and a challenge that im 3/4 of the way through, so i wont be walking away from that any time soon. itll be nice to get the demo out, just to see what we can expect from 09, but its not like im chomping at the bit for it to be here...

Nah , i am not interesting on the demo either, i only want to check copy protection (latest demo i ve got installed a virus ! )

Take a look on releases between today and christmas , i bet i will be very occupied playing full games to care about demos ; of course i will follow the usual cursing, moaning and complaining in the forum adding comments like "I totally agree with the OP , this sucks" just because i like keeping the tradition.

I've not downloaded a demo before but I've also never been as excited about a new version as much as this one. I think a few people who "won't be downloading the demo" may ending up giving in to temptation after all the new threads that will emerge about how great it is!

I'll just get it to test out what facepacks, logos and kits work on it, to prepare for the full release. mess around with tactics and training to get my ideal settings.

Basically getting everything together for the release so I can get started as soon as possible :D

The whole point of a demo for me, is to demonstrate the capacity of the new game, maybe not it's full content, but certainly to give you a feel of what the update is about. I need to know if it's worth upgrading from FM08, whether it's a big step up or not. I'm not willing to pay money if the new version isn't markedly different from the last.

I love FM, but don't just waste my money willy nilly :)

for the first time ever, i don't intend to download the demo (enjoying FM08 to much at the mo). I may not even start playing 09 on release day depending how 08 is going.

This is the first time ever that I would be quite happy for 09 not to come out for a good few more weeks

I care. In fact I might be a smidge obsessed with the demo's release. I check into the forums several times a day to see if it's been released, and yet I've already got a preorder for the game so it's not so much a case of a deciding factor whether I'll buy the game or not, but more just wanting to have a go of the new version!

:O you ran over my cat!? curse you! no fm 09 for you now!

My favourate thing about the demo is it give the skinners and image-pack'ers more time to make MY game look pretty for when I start the full game (Yes they obviously do it all just for me).

I usually play the demo through a few times so I can fiddle with lots of new tactics ready for the game proper.

Although this year I have a fairly good idea on how to build up a few staples ready from the off after getting to play with FML all summer.

If you don't try the demo, you can't moan about the game.

If you try the demo, you won't waste your money on a game you won't like.

That's why I get the demo.

Except that the main faults with FM08 are regens and long-term confidence which will never show up in a demo.

Still, the idea is sound :)

The whole point of a demo for me, is to demonstrate the capacity of the new game, maybe not it's full content, but certainly to give you a feel of what the update is about. I need to know if it's worth upgrading from FM08, whether it's a big step up or not. I'm not willing to pay money if the new version isn't markedly different from the last.

I love FM, but don't just waste my money willy nilly :)

I think this is a very, very good articulation of the worth of the demo.

I've never played a demo of any game and nor do I intend to. I know roughly what I'll get from FM so if I want it I'll just go out and buy it some time after it is released, if I don't I won't.

On the other hand, this is a good articulation of how I feel about the demo.

I'm a reasonably mature, 37 year old grown man with a wife and son and yet I'm wetting my pants in excitement for the demo coming out. I'm more eager to play it this year as I have a feeling the whole game will just "hang together" better this year. Here's hoping!

Me Too But i'm only 36 .....

I'm a reasonably mature, 37 year old grown man with a wife and son and yet I'm wetting my pants in excitement for the demo coming out. I'm more eager to play it this year as I have a feeling the whole game will just "hang together" better this year. Here's hoping!

That feeling is what most users here have in common, Keep Right On SI :)

I don't really care about the demo.

All I ever use them for is to muck about with some of the new features, look at the new match engine and give tactic creation a quick go to test the AI.

I never use them for a serious game as I don't want to get properly into a game that I won't continue when the full game is out.

I probably won't bother with the demo because once it comes out it isn't that long to wait for the full game. I hate sitting here downloading a demo from a game when I'll only get a few hours out of it, just seems like a waste. It's not long until release day now and I'm content to wait for the real thing rather than play the demo.

Archived