how old are you??

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
its my 30th birthday today and im still going strong on the cm/fm series after about 15years,but i was wondering how old are most players? ive got a few more years in the tank hopefully!

Your profile says your 26 :confused:

I've played the earliest 'Addictive' football manager game on the spectrum back in the 80's then on D&H's 'Football Director' & 'International Manager'. Then the very first Domark's 'Championship Manager' as well as 'Premier Manager' on the Amiga. Following onto the PC with Championship Manager 00/01 & 4 before Football Manager 08 & 09.

Now a regular player on FM2010. So that makes me ...... ah yes.

48 years old. Bet you never remember the old Addictive's Football Manager on the Spectrum do you? Those were the days.

I wonder what the average age is around here. Whenever these threads pop up it;s interesting to see... probably around about 26 by my reckoning...

oh, and 29 here... seasoned veteran etc since i was yay high.

30 - been playing since cm3 - but also played and preferred another management series by fifa.

Thankfully i have seen the error of my ways and FM is the future :)

I'm 30 and I'm back in love with FM. I will be honest and say that I have dipped in and out of it over the years but a new laptop, plus the fun I've hand playing the handheld version has drawn me back in to the series.

I also used to play Domark's Championship Manager as well as Premier Manager on the Amiga. I also used to love playing 'On the Ball'. Did anyone else play this game?

Unfortunately I didn't own a powerful enough computer until I was 17 so I used to play these games at a friends house after school. When I eventually saved enough money to buy my first PC, my first question to the shop assistant at PC world was "is this PC powerful enough to play Champ Man". That was my biggest priority.

I've played the earliest 'Addictive' football manager game on the spectrum back in the 80's then on D&H's 'Football Director' & 'International Manager'. Then the very first Domark's 'Championship Manager' as well as 'Premier Manager' on the Amiga. Following onto the PC with Championship Manager 00/01 & 4 before Football Manager 08 & 09.

Now a regular player on FM2010. So that makes me ...... ah yes.

48 years old. Bet you never remember the old Addictive's Football Manager on the Spectrum do you? Those were the days.

Fond memories of winning the European Cup with Crewe Alexandra on Football Director. Also recall having Scotland in a World Cup semi-final and ranked 4th in the world on International Manager. Excellent games both of them. Also remember 'Tracksuit Manager' being good fun, although it was difficult to achieve anything with a mediocre nation as the regenerated players always stayed much of a muchness. You did get the occasional gem though, used to play as Romania a lot as they seemed to produced endless numbers of top notch players.

I'm 15 been playing since 01/02, not seriously though. I remember in the holidays when I would go to my nans I would load my uncle's saved game up whilst he was at work and make myself boss of england then win evey game by taking control of the opposing team. Goooooood times.

Started playing properly probably when Football Manager 2005 came out.

I forgot to add that my first football management game was The FA Premier League Manager 2002 in 2002 and year after that I played CM 03/04 and I never looked back. Played every year every next version of CM/FM.

I remember it very well. I'm 43 btw.

Soon to be 36. Been playing since CMItalia.

I think I never will stop playing.

It is a bit strange that we who grew up with this game now are adults, with family and kids and we are still playing.

Looking forward to when my son will start to play. :)

39 and still gouing strong. How I have remained married is the mystery!!!!

As I said earlier, I'm 48. I'm married also. But she doesn't mind.

Which reminds me, it our 11th Wedding Anniversary today ! ;)

Archived