What leagues would you like to see added in the future

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bodis:

icon14.gif to whoever said Jamaica....I'd definitely manage there icon_smile.gif

in previous FM games they actually have the jamaican sides with a couple of the actual players. infact i even remember seeing "Jamaican Premier League" as the competition they competed in before the years in the game started, when it then went to blank because you cant load the jamaican league.

to be honest i would play the jamaican league because i am from there. playing as harbour view against vivoli gardens and battling it out at the top with wadadah and boys town would be awesome icon_biggrin.gif

It's been mentioned before, and I know the chances of it happening are very slim due to mainly research issues, but I would love more African leagues.

There is so much talent in Africa and only having one league in the whole continent really sucks, but the amount of leagues already present in FM is much better then any other game in it's genre, and that's great.

If we could see the leagues of Ghana, Egypt, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, and Cameroon, to name a few, it would be just incredible.

Could you imagine managing in Sierra Leone? Now that would be a challenge.

I hope we do see more African leagues added in future FM releases.

Any leagues from Arfica would be great.

Especially Egypt, Morocco, Algeria or Tunisia.

I think it's time to make a bigger push for African research. It will be difficult but I am imagining that there are a sufficient number of football/FM fans to make the research possible for the above countries.

Other than those, I'd like to see the USL, Bosnia and Saudi leagues in the game.

Originally posted by StandFree:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blue Lou:

Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia

Would love to see the number of African leagues expanded beyond just S.Africa. I often play games with a "regional" setting ie UK, Scandinavian or Southern Europe. I've never been tempted to start a game in S.Africa because thats the only playable league in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. I like to play "regional" games, and I would love to have African Leagues beyond South Africa so that I could move from South Africa to other African countries during the course of a career.

Considering the HUGE impact of the African footballer on the world stage, it's a major, MAJOR negative for FM that there is only one single African league to play in the game.

Originally posted by Riza:

It's been mentioned before, and I know the chances of it happening are very slim due to mainly research issues, but I would love more African leagues.

There is so much talent in Africa and only having one league in the whole continent really sucks, but the amount of leagues already present in FM is much better then any other game in it's genre, and that's great.

If we could see the leagues of Ghana, Egypt, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, and Cameroon, to name a few, it would be just incredible.

Could you imagine managing in Sierra Leone? Now that would be a challenge.

I hope we do see more African leagues added in future FM releases.

I scratch my head whenever I hear the "the research is too difficult" excuse.

The "deepest darkest Africa" stereotype that so many people of the majority culture believe in does not exist. There are many vibrant leagues and passionate fans in African countries.

Research for a country torn by war, such as DR Congo, might be a problem, but what about Ghana? Egypt? Nigeria?

The "Almanack of World Football" is a great resource. Leagues in some African countries have websites.

There are many people of African ancestry who play FM and could help with research.

I don't begrudge the people who did the research and got a country like Indonesia included, but why Indonesia and not Cameroon?

I would rather have a couple more playable African leagues than feeder teams.

I think SI has not bothered to add more African leagues because they are just apathetic about that area of football, as the majority culture throughout the Western world is apathetic about all things African--all things except the wars and famine that reinforce the stereotypical opinions they already have.

Well I have no idea why people asked for the egyptian league... icon_biggrin.gif

I'm egyptian and i would love to see my league in this game would be very nice..

Also Tunisian , Algerian and Morooco Leagues would be very nice addition because u see how many players from north africa star in the premier and french league.

Also Cout de voir league would be a very strong addition cause the youth academy of ASEC is a very strong youth academy and presented too many quality players to the High Reputition Clubs.

I would be very glad to help the FM team represent full true data about the Egyptian league and egyptian players..

Cheers and thanks for the awsome topic icon_biggrin.gif

Id love to see more leagues in England!! Im well aware of the argument about why Enlgand should have much more leagues than anyone else, and that scouting the league and player rating system would be tough to figure out, so i would like to say to SI....................

NEXT TIME, DO NOT HARDCODE THE LEAGUES INTO THE GAME, SO WE CAN CONSTRUCT THEM OURSELVES!

athankayou

Guest Hewsman17

Isle of Man league! None of this Shetland crap!

27 1st teams and reserves plus since theyre separate from england there would be no need to tie them in with any english teams etc!!

Also could be good to finally see some womens teams, id prefer that over the russian 21st regional division which im sure somebody has proposed!!

I dont want any new leagues adding by SI there is to much development work required in other areas. BUT 3 things I would like to see are:

1. Add new country/league option to game, thus any body can create new leagues.

2. An area on the web site where people can upload new leagues/countries/players that they have created.

3. For these uploaded games to be able to be downloaded, with the option of the league/ country being able to charge a fee to cover there hard work and dedication. Plus ofcourse the option for people to review and recommend these leagues.

If this was to be done then who ever wished to see every league in every country avialble would no doubt see it become a reality.

The only proviso I would make to SI is that in future versions of the game the same code.

• 2 months later...

i've been posting this since CM 01/02 i believe so i'm not very hopeful but well, here we go again...

i'd like to see the top african leagues and the african champions league.

namely, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa..

and again, being egyptian i believe i can be of help if research is needed for egyptian teams or players

Archived