What leagues would you like to see added in the future

lol the New Zealand league is NOT worth playing in I can assure you that.

I'd want to see some more US football divisions, especially USA College soccer, I'd like for SI to objectively measure how a youth league with few transfers combined with college education will do for young players. Also It would be huge fun to give out scholarships to worthy young players, only having them part-time due to their study committments etc.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best leagues not in the game currently are the arab leagues and the Japanese league so I would like to see them added. Also Egypt would be the only African league worth adding.

The disappointing thing about SI saying they won't be adding any new leagues for a while is that Africa is definitely under-represented.

Still, research might be tricky there.

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

...Africa is definitely under-represented.

Still, research might be tricky there .

Why do you say that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if you take two of Africa's strongest football nations, Nigeria and Ivory Coast, both countries have infrastructural problems that no country currently on the game has. You might point at countries like India and Indonesia, but they are both far more infrastructurally-developed than Nigeria and Ivory Coast. Plus you have to take into account the level of violence that goes on in both countries.

Whilst the likes of Senegal and Ghana are more peaceful, their infrastructure might still make it hard to research there.

I would, however, take the argument that North African countries like Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia might be easier to research due to them being relatively more prosperous, stable and with a better infrastructure (though Cairo is pretty chaotic!).

Guest arrogantio

I think some people underestimate the complications of creating and coding a league. It's not just a matter of names and numbers of teams.

The Northern Premier League (Unibond League) Premier Divisions, and the Division one North & South Leagues... Just because of the mighty Sheffield FC being in the Northern League Div 1 South.

And also the Cook Islands Round Cup, the top league of the Cook Islands. I am suggesting this as it seems to be the only league in the world to not have been mentioned in this forum yet. icon_biggrin.gif

And I genuinly would enjoy having that league in the game just for the experience of a REALLY SMALL league, and maybe to take the Cook Islands national team to World Cup glory.

Would love to have the lower english divisions so i could play as FC Utd icon_biggrin.gif Would also like to see the J-League come back, dont think its bin in since CM4 & the proper brazilian thrid division with the proper qualification via the state championships & stuff, could also add serie D in brazil (new league for 2009) thats all i think lol icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Spurs_Q8:

Very hope for Japanese League !

also Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Qatar & UAE league are the best in middle east although I'm from Kuwait !

These are the leagues I thought should be added to. There are really good players in thee Middle Eastern leagues but they are not known because they dont go to Europe. They dont need to go to Europe because they earn more money and are stars in their leagues whereas in Europe they would just be another player.

Originally posted by Danny!!:

And also the Cook Islands Round Cup, the top league of the Cook Islands. I am suggesting this as it seems to be the only league in the world to not have been mentioned in this forum yet. icon_biggrin.gif

And I genuinly would enjoy having that league in the game just for the experience of a REALLY SMALL league, and maybe to take the Cook Islands national team to World Cup glory.

A fella over on the Editors Hideaway forum made a Fiji Islands database which includes players from all the Polynesian Islands. I had a short campaign, initially enjoying to 100% amateur and abysmal quality nature of it.

I'm sure if you do a search on Fiji (or 'Fidji' as he spelt it) you can download it too icon_smile.gif

Yeah Asia is really the continent which needs more playable leagues.. Japan and the middle eastern leagues are all very strong and I would imagine there would be demand for the game in the middle eastern countries since they are becoming increasingly wealthy as time goes by.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by DS:

Yeah Asia is really the continent which needs more playable leagues.. Japan and the middle eastern leagues are all very strong and I would imagine there would be demand for the game in the middle eastern countries since they are becoming increasingly wealthy as time goes by.

And while they're at it , add some leagues like the Uzbekistani and Turkmenistani, then you'll have most of the Asian leagues.

It would be nice if there were ways to add leagues to the database ourselves...but I should imagine it would be rather complex from the software developers point of view.

Personally I echo those who want to see more detail in England (but being English is that a shock?).

Would also like to see more African representation, they really are the up-and-coming continent at the moment.

Is there a chance that Ecuador will be added with the recent Copa Libertadores victory? Ecuador has a Serie A and Serie B that is decent and the top 4 or 5 clubs in Ecuador are good with some money now being thrown around in transfers.

Love to see

Cymru Alliance (Welsh 2nd Division - its a must SI!!!)

Qatar

Saudi Arabia

Egypt

England below the Blue Square North / South

Scotland

Japan (C'mon SI get them back)!!!

I would like to see:

Ecuador: (2 world cup qualifications 2002 - 2006, Copa Libertadores Title 2008, Panamerican Games Gold Medal 2007), they really deserve a league in the game.

Paraguay: Monsters of South America, have won everything at club level.

More divisions for leagues like Argentina and Brazil.

The main one that I want is the USL Division 1. USA's second division, which is really of about the same quality as the MLS. AND it doesn't have the ridiculous draft and transfers system the MLS does. Hell, I would even be a scout for my local Portland Timbers if it happened - I'm sure they'd get loads of people to do it.

I dont think those leagues will be added as it isnt much of a market. Anyway there are much stronger leagues which would also be bigger markets for the game and thus more likely for SI to add the leagues. Those would be Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE. Also I would like to see Egypt so there is another African league.

The Unibond, British Gas and Ryman divisions in England. I'd love the chance to manage Halesowen Town :) Even if it's just the Premier of each of those three leagues it'd be fun.

The French CFA leagues as playable. Yes there is a ton of big club reserve teams in there, but I am sure fans would like to manage the smaller teams like Limoges.

I'd also love the leagues from the following:

Malta

Estonia

Latvia

Qatar - The chance to have some fine talent at your disposal and many ex-big names

Gilbratar - OK they are not a member of FIFA and there is the disupte with Spain over them, but why not? All three leagues there could be playable and it would be an interesting challenge.

Bosnia i Hezergovina

Cyprus

Even some of the regional leagues below the Australian A-League and Indian Premier would be interesting.

I think that adding the Welsh 2nd division is a must, it would mean so many more people such as myself play in Wales. It would mean that for those again such as myself who enjoy long term games would be able to do this in Wales with the inclusion of promotion/relegation.

Agree with this, Welsh lower league would extend play.

I dont think those leagues will be added as it isnt much of a market. Anyway there are much stronger leagues which would also be bigger markets for the game and thus more likely for SI to add the leagues. Those would be Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE. Also I would like to see Egypt so there is another African league.

In the future, I am sure SI will add these leagues but I don't think it would be too soon yet on FM 09. Maybe on FM 2010, 2011 or beyond. We just have to be patient here. The addition of new leagues will require more computer power (for those wishing to run ALL leagues). The addition of new leagues is bound to increase.

Adding to the CONCACAF is necessary now with their Champions League forming. I'm tired of it coming down to mexico and usa all the time.

Also, NCAA and USL 1 and 2 would be cool. Adds depth to their drafting system.

Several people have mentioned the NCAA. While that seems intriguing to me, I can't image how you would be able to make it playable. I would just like to see the ability to set up our own leagues.

Anyway there are much stronger leagues which would also be bigger markets for the game and thus more likely for SI to add the leagues. Those would be Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE.

Those leagues would attract a bigger market.

I don't think they are of a better playing standard though.

Welsh 2nd tier please, as i've said in other threads it'll mean ALOT more people will play in Wales and mean a career game is much more viable.

Please don't say "if that gets added then add the Highland league" beacause until a pyramid system is formed in Scotland there's little point.

I can't see the point of adding more South American leagues to be honest, even though they would be very interesting there wouldn't be a demand. I mean how many people do you see on these forums asking for advice for managing in the Peru leagues?

Although it would be really hard to do because of player attributes and because players come and go all the time, I would love to see the Southern and Ryman Leagues added.

Archived