What leagues would you like to see added in the future

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm impressed by the quantity of leagues currently available, but have absolutely nothing against adding more playable leagues.

Given the continual increase of storage size, processing speed of even "average" quality/price PC's, it makes sense that the game will keep apace with the increased possiblilities available, upon each release.

With regards to new leagues I would like to see, I honestly don't have any particular "wish-list" but as long as it's possible to re-create with accurate research, any of the leagues everyone has suggested, then I'll be happy.

The only suggestions I'm a little sceptical about are those lower leagues in countries outside the UK in which promotion to a higher tier is'nt possible. I wonder how many players would actually wish to play in these leagues. For a significant length of time.

I've seen mention of more detailed reserve and youth leagues. This is'nt important to me personally, as I'm happy with the current setup. What I would quite like to see however, is perhaps further development of the cup tournaments that club youth teams are involved with. It's been done to some extent at international level within the game.

Some examples of such real-life youth tournaments can be found here:-

Copa se Sao Paolo - Telegraph.co.uk Report

Champions Youth Cup - G14 Website Announcement

Champions Youth Cup, Malaysia - Manuts.com Report (Inaugural Winners)

The main difficulty I would imagine would be coding the selection of participants. Perhaps something along the lines of how first teams qualify for competitions like the Champions League or the EURO Cup, by means of winning their respective league or a cup.

It would be interesting to see what others think of the idea, given that the development of youngsters is fastly becoming a very important and influencial part of the game.

I don't know whether it is useless writing which leagues we would like to be added because I don't think SI will take notice of this! Hope I am wrong because we FM lovers all want some new challenges!

As loads said before, these leagues would be a great addition:

African Leagues

Cyprus

Malta

From the latter country, we have recently many promising players emerging namely:

Michael Mifsud (Coventry City)

Daniel Bogdanovic (Cisco Roma)

Udo Nwoko (Leixoes)

Luke Dimech (Macclesfield Town)

Andre Schembri (Eintrachr Braunschweig)

Justin Haber (Haidari)

Andrei Agius (Igea Virtus) etc

We would like to see their hometown league.

I don't manage abroad that much although what with the standard of African footballers becoming higher and the African Cup of Nations becoming more and more of a high class tournament i think the inclusion of some African leagues would be good.

Personally i'd love to have the next tier of English football as i'd be able to manage my local side Hemel Hempstead without having to wait for them to get promoted.

I think that adding the Welsh 2nd division is a must, it would mean so many more people such as myself play in Wales. It would mean that for those again such as myself who enjoy long term games would be able to do this in Wales with the inclusion of promotion/relegation.

As for adding the highland league in Scotland i think it'd only be worth it if the propsed relegation from Div 3 goes ahead which i truely hope it does.

Europe

English League - down to Unibond 1st Division level

At least 1 representive league of all 53 european nations

African leagues(all 2 tier) - Egypt,Morrocco,Saudi Arabia,Nigeria

American Leagues

NCAA

Mexico 3rd

Jamacian,Trinidad+Tobago

PROBLEMS SPOTTED WITH OTHER BIDS

JAPAN - Konami own the rights

GERMANY - EA Own the rights

WALES - the 2nd Tier is split into 2

HIGHLAND/Scot Nonleague - you couldnt develop teams, but i would like to see it as a non play league

NEW ZEALAND - No real league, Wellington play in the Australian A League

Originally posted by Heyesy:

Not exactly true Wellington Phoenix play in Australia,Team Wellington play in New Zealand and there is a real league.

Originally posted by ald:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Heyesy:

Not exactly true Wellington Phoenix play in Australia,Team Wellington play in New Zealand and there is a real league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel sorry for their fans travelling to away games!

SI official answer was always - there are way too many leagues as it is. Read what you want into it.

Fresh from the Data Issues forum, said by a head researched. Combined with the quotes from SI in regard to there being no financial benefits in adding a lot fo leagues people request it's probably safe to hedge bets on any of the leagues mentioned above getting added. Ever. icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by Spagbol:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">SI official answer was always - there are way too many leagues as it is. Read what you want into it.

Fresh from the Data Issues forum, said by a head researched. Combined with the quotes from SI in regard to there being no financial benefits in adding a lot fo leagues people request it's probably safe to hedge bets on any of the leagues mentioned above getting added. Ever. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

This is the first I've ever heard of this... I'm gutted. Really gutted.

The Canadian league would be nice. I've always wanted to play as London City no matter how crap they are.

Also i'm sure SI could add a relegation system from Scottish Third Division into the lower leagues. It may not be realistic in real terms, but it is only a game and would make LLM quite a bit of fun.

Plus Pollok seem to get really far in the cup games in my game. So it would be quite fun to watch their progress through the leagues.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by Mike7077:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ald:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Heyesy:

Not exactly true Wellington Phoenix play in Australia,Team Wellington play in New Zealand and there is a real league. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel sorry for their fans travelling to away games! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try being a traveling supporter for FC Luch-Energia Vladivostok in the Russian Premier League (located in Vladivostok, right near North Korea and China and 9,289 kilometers/5,771 miles from Moscow where most of the teams in the league are located!) icon_eek.gif

Originally posted by lovingthegreen:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ald:

I feel sorry for their fans travelling to away games! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try being a traveling supporter for FC Luch-Energia Vladivostok in the Russian Premier League (located in Vladivostok, right near North Korea and China and 9,289 kilometers/5,771 miles from Moscow where most of the teams in the league are located!) icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This occurred to me when I managed Dinamo Moscow in FM07. Makes it seem like a short hop to follow, say, Bournemouth up to Carlisle!

• 5 weeks later...

This tired, tired old chestnut revived again icon_rolleyes.gif

This dude shouted something I've been long advocating:

Originally posted by Respected_Boss:

NEXT TIME, DO NOT HARDCODE THE LEAGUES INTO THE GAME, SO WE CAN CONSTRUCT THEM OURSELVES!

Clearly, we all want different leagues, which can't all be catered for. Surely the way forward is for SI to make it easy to use the editor to create our own.

Originally posted by Rocketpants:

Does the game REALLY need anymore leagues?

I would have thought concentrating on getting more detail into the game and making it more realistic would be more productive, then having a new league in Morroco.

Is it only me that feels this?

Yes, because adding more leaguses dont consume any time of coders/si - all research for legues are done by external researchers.

And having many more legues are only better. Ansd many nations deserve third divs too - not only firts and second.

And I agrre with previous posters - game need fisr div for every nation - and if first div of new nations will have only realistic names of teams and stadium names/capacities - Im happy. Adding realistik names/players can happen later.

Anfd finaly - having all nations playable will FINALY fix inability to manage some national teams due to not enough players for national call-ups.

- USL (not that many teams, fairly easy to research)

- Dutch lower divisions (yes, I know there's no promotion to Eerste Divisie, that doesn't mean they couldn't be included)

- German Oberliga

- Baltic states

- Bosnian league

- Albanian league

- Georgian league

- Also more African leagues, especially Egypt, Ivory Coast, Nigeria

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Also, (and apologies if I dreamt this), but are Scotland introducing a relegaton from the 3rd Division icon_confused.gif?

If they are, then whatever league is below that.

The leagues below it are, The Highland League, The South of Scotland Football League, The East of Scotland Premier and 1st Division.

I edit my game and input the South of Scotland instead of the third division teams. I would do the research for it, and could get it all set up, and a scouting network introduced for it?

Originally posted by Ter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also, (and apologies if I dreamt this), but are Scotland introducing a relegaton from the 3rd Division

No, but the new SFA Chief Exec wants it (and so do I)

Anyways, I would like to see

Scottish Highland League

Italian Serie D

San Marino

Malta

Faroe Islands </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Youn are in best position to infulence SI to add these leauges (and more). icon_wink.gif

Africa: Nigeria, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Ghana or Egypt

Americas: Paraguay, Canada or Costa Rica

Oceania: New Zealand

Asia: Japan, Thailand, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Iraq or UAE

Europe: San Marino, Faroe Islands, Andorra, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kazakhstan, England: Isthmian Premier/Div 1, Southern Premier/Div 1, Northern Premier/Div 1 - (Then I can play as my local team!!)

Any from those.

The ability to be able to create a custom league, where you can decide on how many teams in each league and many other rules.

Would then allow people to create either:

a) Leagues from countries that are not playable in the game.

b) Superleagues, like a UK combination, European or World Superleague.

The only major thing that is lacking in terms of a pre-game data editor icon14.gif

Unquestionably the attention needs to be drawn to the African side of the game. The rest of the world is evenly represented in my opinion. The South African league is probably not even one of the strongest leagues in Africa yet it is the only playable league in the game.

I don't think that this point is even debatable.

I'm backing up the ability to create a league from scratch. It'd be great.

But as for leagues too be added on, I'm probably dreaming but I'll go for the following:

- Bosnia

- Morroco

- Tunisia ---> More African leagues icon14.gif

- Egypt

More South American leagues would be good too.

Originally posted by Colorado:

Unquestionably the attention needs to be drawn to the African side of the game. The rest of the world is evenly represented in my opinion. The South African league is probably not even one of the strongest leagues in Africa yet it is the only playable league in the game.

what about ocenia, they too like africa only have one country's league in the game

Originally posted by Tom =):

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Colorado:

what about ocenia, they too like africa only have one country's league in the game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And North America only have one league.

And Central America only have one league.

Would love to see all leagues that are unplayable be playable, especially the other league in North and Central/South America. Africa and Oceania would be great too.

Think the lower leagues in England that can provide teams to the current system should also be playable.

And of course, the ability to edit leagues from the start, create your own would be awesome too.

peace

We definitaly need more African leagues I mean South Africa is hardly a powerhouse in Africa to begin with and loading South Africa for some reason doesn;t have the same affect to the amount of players in your game as would loading some random league from asia or the asutralia for oceania.

We definitaly need to see the Egyptian, Tunisian, Nigerian, Morrocon, Angolan, Ghanian, Algerian, Libyan, Mali, Guinea, and Senegalese leagues in the game. From Asia we really need the Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabian, Bahrain, Iranian leahues and if SI can some how pull it off the return of the J-League would be one of the best new additions to the game in a long while. Wouldn;t mind havin g the New Zealnd league in there just because Australia has moved to Asia now and should be considered more of an Asian nation kinda liek how Israel is considrede Europe in the game because they compete in UEFA.

• 3 weeks later...

Luxembourg, a league I am actually surprised it's not in the game yet. That said, I have no idea if I'm gonna buy FM09. Game series that see a release each year tend to be little more than data updates of previous versions. I'm picky, yes. icon_wink.gif

No, but the new SFA Chief Exec wants it (and so do I)

Anyways, I would like to see

Scottish Highland League

Does this mean that Scotland would have its own version of the Blue Square Premier\north\south? If so I think I would like this as well. Not sure about introducing the Highland league though. What happens to teams that finish first\last is there relegation and promotion if not then whats the point?

Archived