FUN! Best wonderkid or regen you’ve had

Lets have a little fun! 

Who is the best wonderkid you have ever had or regen player on any FM? 

I remember years ago I was managing Chelsea & had Theo Walcott from soton & he turned out to be a beast! Not so much in real life though 🤭

However roughly 5 years ago I came across a Brazilian wonderkid at benfica! He was labelled the next Ronaldo. I signed that guy and he was a top player for over 10 years & broke the all time top scorer record for my club! His name was Jacarè! 

So tell me yours....🤔

I had Colombian newgen in FM17. He was a CAM and absolutely top. Unfortunatelly he was very injured

As I checked later, his PA was 200 and injury is... 18/20 :D I called him Crystal talent

This guy was my biggest talent as I remember (PA188) in FM19, but board sell him in 16 years old and no chance to changed their decision :seagull:

I think he will amazing player , but I stopped to play in FM19 and never about his progress

920575404_Image1.thumb.png.ae2dbb758a5f94767dceb4475a8eea6f.png

Unfortunately I don’t have a screenshot of him anymore as it was on an old laptop but I had an absolute beast of a CB on FM11.

he was labelled as the next Franco Baresi, 6ft8” Strength, jumping, heading and marking all 20. Tackling 19 and then pace and acceleration of around15/16 and passing of 15 with 15+ for positioning, decisions and anticipation.

I only had him for 2 seasons before my laptop died but he scores over 20 goals in that time, I’d just aim my corners for the back post and watch I’m dominate

• 3 weeks later...

On my FM11 save with Newcastle Town, I signed an unattached newgen striker named David Brooks while in the Conference. He scored 90 odd goals for me in two seasons, helping us win promotion in the second season before I sold him to Everton for £250,000 aged 18. He went on to star for them and Manchester United and became England's record goal scorer.

Add ons to the deal raised the value of it to £2,500,000. A hell of a lot for a club our size.

We did eventually make the Premier League. For one season where we (and Notts County) just avoided 'doing a Derby'.

The best newgen I've ever had and I only had him for two seasons in non league. :D

35 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

On my FM11 save with Newcastle Town, I signed an unattached newgen striker named David Brooks while in the Conference. He scored 90 odd goals for me in two seasons, helping us win promotion in the second season before I sold him to Everton for £250,000 aged 18. He went on to star for them and Manchester United and became England's record goal scorer.

Add ons to the deal raised the value of it to £2,500,000. A hell of a lot for a club our size.

We did eventually make the Premier League. For one season where we (and Notts County) just avoided 'doing a Derby'.

The best newgen I've ever had and I only had him for two seasons in non league. :D

I’m pretty sure that @Cleon used to wax lyrical about a real player called David Brooks

• 2 weeks later...

The sad thing is I can remember various regens from CM 01/02 that I used to have.

For FM, I've had a striker called Alexandre Gonzalez, a Columbian ST I picked up for £1m at the end of the first season, who then played for me for 15 years scoring over 300 goals.

A German striker called Willie Hinklemann who used to get the ball into his feet back to goal, shift it on to his left and then smash it passed the keeper. It was the first time I actually created a tactic to get the best out of one player.

From my current save...One of the better players I've ever had through my youth systems 

Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 14.49.29.png

Screenshot 2019-10-16 at 14.50.08.png

The only thing keeping me interested in FM19 during my traditional "Sit and pine for the new game" part of the year is Tom Davidson.

QKhEmF8.png

That was baby Tommy. 

I'm near the end of his last season in his 20s.

cwjeyNE.png

This is probably absolute peak Tommy.

In all competitions (excluding friendlies) he's currently on 739 goals. 754 if u21 international goals count. 

I don't know if he will manage 1,000. A bad injury will all but end his chances. But with 14 natural fitness he shouldn't decline as a player too fast, so as long as I continue building the team around him there's no reason he can't manage 250ish goals in his 30s. 

He's already Arsenal, England and the Premier League's top goalscorer. Completing the Pele challenge would be a fitting feather in his cap.

This guy from fm2019 is my favourite newgen ever.

On first glance it might not look amazing in terms of stats...but that's 167 league goals for my club as a 'keeper. 

I bought him for 2.5 mil from Brazil as an 18 year old on a bit of a punt. 

I noticed his freekicks were already 13 and penalties were like 10. I put him on a personal training thing which was very freekick-focused and at his peak that rating was 17- his penalties never made it above 12- but he was taker for both for his entire career for me. He scored in every single league season- and on two occasions scored 16 league goals. 

What's mad is that his GK stats were incredible too- he so dominant at collecting stuff in the air and the perfect sweeper keeper in the ball. He spent 18 months as my cup keeper- but by the age of 20 he was my number one and by the age of 22 he was club captain. He was a player at the club for 22 years- went on to break the appearance record and won the GK of the year in the world every year from 2025 to 2035. What's great is then he had a bit of a dip and it seemed like he was on the decline, but then had a resurgence and won it again in 2038.

In his final season his physical stats had dropped too much to be my no.1 in goal- but I still gave him time at number 10 in the cups and CL group games and he scored his first few goals from completely open play (he'd scored rebounds from penalties/freekicks before.)

Then when he retired he stepped straight into being my assistant manager- he was the best coach I'd ever had. He did that for 5 years and I was a bit gutted when Sheffield united stole him as manager- but he got them promoted in his first season with them too... 

eudes.png

I once had 2 in the same save - was back in FM12 I think - I'm old and struggle to remember last week sorry. :-)

A Central Defender I think his name was Michael Fournier (French if memory serves). Picked him up on free I think, at 17, for Altrincham early in the save (still non-league). He retired with Altrincham, a couple of Premier League medals and a CL winners medal at age 33-ish

Same save I had a GK in that team, had him from 16 yrs old, was First Choice GK by 19 and stayed there until he was 36 or 38 I think.

I play the game much differently now though and doubt I will ever have the same success.

Still having dreams about this player (FM18)...  Was with Aston Villa when he arrived in my youth intake...  When I left for the three Lions, he moved to Arsenal... where I rejoined him...  Usually was playing him as a CF-Su accompagnied by an AF or a poacher in a 2 strikers system. 

image.thumb.png.6eb7838f7e819726af114edf62a55450.png

This is how he was when the save ended (May 2039). 

16 hours ago, r0x0r said:

The only thing keeping me interested in FM19 during my traditional "Sit and pine for the new game" part of the year is Tom Davidson.

QKhEmF8.png

That was baby Tommy. 

cwjeyNE.png

In all competitions (excluding friendlies) he's currently on 739 goals. 754 if u21 international goals count. 

I don't know if he will manage 1,000. A bad injury will all but end his chances. But with 14 natural fitness he shouldn't decline as a player too fast, so as long as I continue building the team around him there's no reason he can't manage 250ish goals in his 30s. 

He's already Arsenal, England and the Premier League's top goalscorer. Completing the Pele challenge would be a fitting feather in his cap.

He is insane 🤯 Even at 15 he looked like a solid PL striker!

Don't have a picture to share myself unfortunately but back in FM13, I have had a guy called Keith Thompson coming through my academy as a AMC. The stats he has at 16 was perfect and was almost good enough to replace my world class AMC by the time he came through the academy. I immediately put him on as a sub every game and put him on when the game is already won or if we needed a winner.

5 years later - he became my first pick in the squad every single game and was a mainstay choice in England squad. He have had 110 apps to his name by the time he was 27 or around there, with around 30 goals ish. 

Thompson alongside the probably the best buy I have had in a striker to this very day was the reason why Liverpool dominated the league for next 10 years. 

.... Until my save corrupted and I couldn't bring myself to play a new save in FM13. Was completely heartbroken and never had a guy like that coming through the academy ever since. Keith Thompson, you will be missed. 

On 16/10/2019 at 15:59, r0x0r said:

QKhEmF8.png

That was baby Tommy. 

cwjeyNE.png

what a stud !!!!!! 

selcuk.png.93ed26ec1f6452e7faefdecd2ed305e7.pngselchuk.png.29dd46cccc719f61b2231338c35bfd40.pngrat.png.cdfca8c42660b32a377feadf40fd79e3.png

I will always love and remember this Turkish guy.I managed Lincoln Red Imps back then (fm16).He came from Osmalinsport in age of 18 and scored 9 times! in 6 games for CL quilifiers next summer and road us to group stage.He was too strong and our opponents couldn't stop him,his powerfull shots from inside opponents defensive area was something special.

Edited by Sheriff7

I didn't have the time to carry on the save any further to see how much more he would develop, but this guy I bought from Rijeka on my Brescia save was pretty good

IsdjxV8.thumb.png.dca74368180d7c5d94554d9762f28109.png

No screen unfortunately, but as someone above has said I seem to remember regens more from past games more than recently too, anyway this guy I had, I remember him well, newgen from the Central Africa Republic of all places, ,right footed left winger, FM14 when inside forwards were all the rage, anyway signed him for  Amkar Perm in Russia and every stat was no lower than 15, literally won me the league in Russia at Amkar Perm and then when I moved to CSKA Moscow I signed him, as well as multiple MLS titles with me and the Portland Timbers. He left me to go back to Russia with Spartak. He had dual nationality with Central African Republic and I wanna say Nigeria, but only represented Central African. I genuinely still think about him to this day, no word of a lie.

I mostly had exceptional luck with strikers.

I love to get DLFs with TM like height and bulk (amazing Enganches!) or Targetman with speed (compare Haland). There is just so much you can do with them! 

My best one by far however is Sven Hahn. Started with talent and good movement and mentals but little else. Trained him as Raumdeuter early on and traited him accordingly. At 18 he had absolutely world class instincts. Some crosstraining later to amass some bulk and he was unstoppable if given some support. Either he appeared out of nowhere to score or he led two defenders astray for a teammate to have space. 

In 17 I remember three of them:

—Joaquin Abramovic, a weirdly named Argentinian who after two good years completely broke the game with three successive seasons of 50 or more scorer points in the league.

—Miles Kis. A really cheap Croatian who was nothing spectacular but had the right position, traits and good mentals. But when he played he was superb and quickly replaced players with far better skillsets. 

—Niklas Pitter. One of those replaced. Weirdly enough, he is Germany's star striker and better than most other strikers skill-wise but he is comfortable on the bench and is a great sub.

—Plus a midfielder, one of the many Dominguezes. Overperformed his stats by a lot and was sold to Barca for I think 130 millions. Failed there and came back for thirty. Was a star once again <3

I had an absolute gem of a striker named Robert Terrace in my FM 13 Middlesbrough save. He came through the academy and was the best striker in the world breaking records. There was another player who was Ryan Giggs incarnate called Tyrone Kirk from the academy who also ended up spending his whole career with me winning a couple of Balon d'Or's.

However my favourite has to be Jon Ander Diaz. I picked him up on a free transfer from Athletic Bilbao as a teenager and he's gone from hot prospect to best footballer in the world and one of the greatest defenders I've seen on FM. Unfortunately I can't find a screenshot right from the beginning but here he is at age 21. 

zqrYs4f.jpg

What makes him more remarkable to me is he damaged his cruciate ligaments shortly afterwards that ruled him out for almost an entire year.

OJ3GrHe.jpg

At that point I was worried he'd tail off physically and the lost time would mean he would still be young enough to be a very good defender but not the potential he was on course for. Thankfully he came back and never looked back!

s74um47.jpg

VGeTv7j.jpg

d29fZ4L.jpg

Hofq2md.jpg

ZVRb0wu.jpg

22umQU0.jpg

5 hours ago, Boycott said:

I had an absolute gem of a striker named Robert Terrace in my FM 13 Middlesbrough save. He came through the academy and was the best striker in the world breaking records. There was another player who was Ryan Giggs incarnate called Tyrone Kirk from the academy who also ended up spending his whole career with me winning a couple of Balon d'Or's.

However my favourite has to be Jon Ander Diaz. I picked him up on a free transfer from Athletic Bilbao as a teenager and he's gone from hot prospect to best footballer in the world and one of the greatest defenders I've seen on FM. Unfortunately I can't find a screenshot right from the beginning but here he is at age 21. 

zqrYs4f.jpg

What makes him more remarkable to me is he damaged his cruciate ligaments shortly afterwards that ruled him out for almost an entire year.

OJ3GrHe.jpg

At that point I was worried he'd tail off physically and the lost time would mean he would still be young enough to be a very good defender but not the potential he was on course for. Thankfully he came back and never looked back!

s74um47.jpg

VGeTv7j.jpg

d29fZ4L.jpg

Hofq2md.jpg

ZVRb0wu.jpg

22umQU0.jpg

AHH FM13 when regen faces peaked, genuinely thought the regen faces from 13 onwards were bad.