Record undefeated

So after playing FM for many years I have to say this is one of my most enjoyable saves.

Always start a journey man save with my club Bristol City and after taking in the sights of Leeds,Palace to name a few I've ended up at Bayern Munich and with a record of 46 games undefeated I just wondered what other people's records are 

IMG_1500.JPG

If we are talking league games then I managed 63 over two seasons with my Hearts save recently, couldn't manage one complete season though.

Just went 34 games with my current Raith save taking them into the Championship and thought I'd do my first ever 'Invincible' season but I started playing kids to give them game time and lost lol.

In terms of league games I think I did 76 in La Liga a few years ago (two unbeaten seasons, but I'd lost the last game of the preceding season and also lost the first one of my title defence at the end of the run). In Norway I kept going 50-odd games unbeaten but then fixture pile-up in winter due to deep runs into the CL would always get me when I would have to play 4 games in 7 days and my half-dead reserves would lose. But I went 8 years unbeaten in the Norwegian Cup. 

Because I tend to manage top 10 teams in top 5 leagues (or Ajax or River Plate) though, I regularly get myself into the position to go around 30 unbeaten before I usually try to give too many hot prospects starts at the same time and lose to someone making a late push to escape relegation. 

i just bought fm 19 and i did mid to late 20 unbeaten with man u  .but my seconded season still playing as united arsenal has just won 22 from 22 i not too far behind with 1 defeat to arsenal and couple of draws .but checked the squad and they haven't bought in anyone too noticeable ..same save city finished 6th chelsea 8th and get this fulham 5th ...also wolves and everton just survived relegation..2nd season after 22 games  wolves in 18th  everton in 17th .seems a bit unrealistic ..i could understand 1 maybe  2 strange scenario but not 6/7 

My longest unbeaten run was right at the end of my FM13 career. I retired after the 2042/2043 season, with my Dag & Red team undefeated in 24 consecutive matches in all competitions, and 32 consecutive Premier League matches.

The longest I've gone unbeaten so far on FM19 has been 17 Serie A matches with Fiorentina.

I managed 294 with Lincoln Red Imps

6JhngCt.png

Now granted, that looks impressive, but it is in the illustrious Argus Insurance Premier Division, and at this point in the save we were basically Stone Cold hospitalising some local enhancement talent jobbers at a house show.  That equates to 14 years unbeaten in the league by the way, at which point we were pumped 6-3.  

"Fun" fact too.  Thanks to the small number of games in the league, and still facing every team three times, our 7-0 revenge beating later in the season only sat us level on goal difference.  It all came down to the penultimate game of the season, where we drew 2-2 and won the league on goal difference, with just +78 in it.  After 14 years unbeaten, we almost lost the league.  ITSAFUNNYOLDGAMETOMECLIVE.

Edited by forameuss

Just had this amazing season to get promoted from 2nd B division in Spain to 2nd, setting up new historical records for points, goals for, goals against, etc and to be honest don't know why. It was just signing some free agents, using a basic attacking 4-2-3-1 with very short passing and high pressure, that found a little overpowered as I had games with over 65% possesion and no chances from the opposition.

1012064993_Capturadepantalla2019-02-19alas16_16_29.thumb.png.3ecf36aadf14cd19266d86c5c16dad39.png

Edited by Icy

• 7 months later...

I've just gone 50 unbeaten in the league with Spurs.

The final six games of 2031-32, the entire 2032-33 campaign and the first six games of the 2033-34 season. 

Rather annoyingly I still struggle to win the Champions League. I've won it twice in 2023-24 and 2028-29 but on those occasions I didn't win the league title so it feels a little incomplete. In 2024 I put all my eggs in one basket as we were some way behind in the race for the title. In 2029 it was much closer but I fell short. 

Since then I've made two finals losing to Chelsea and Man City. 

• 3 weeks later...

My longest unbeaten streak in all competitions on FM 19 is 48 games as Dreams F.C. in Hong Kong. However I do not think this counts as losing on away goals after two draws does not count as a loss in this game. My longest unbeaten league record lasted over 4 full seasons where we lost our first game in 93 matches.

20191022214556_1.jpg

20191022215031_1.jpg

20191022214441_1.jpg

20191022214445_1.jpg

20191022214458_1.jpg

I once did something like 463 unbeaten games in the league, but as with forameuss above, I did it in an easy league, San Marino. I have done long unbeaten runs loads of times in small nations, it is remarkably easy after a few seasons building. 

I also did a save with my cousin in about FM 06, where I was Chelsea and he was Man Utd. I had some massive unbeaten runs in that, including a run that stretched over two and a half season in the league. That was from about five years in to the save. During that run, I won EVERY single trophy available to the club over three seasons - Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup, Community Shield, European Super Cup and Club World Cup, an incredible run. The next season I lost against him 1-0 in the League Cup final which ended my domination. I still won the league and FA Cup, and then played him in the Champions League final... I was winning and deep in to extra time, he sent his regen goalkeeper, Jeremy Cahuzac up for a corner and he scored! Cahuzac then went on to save two penalties and score the winning penalty! That was an absolutely mental save that I will remember forever. And the name Jeremy bloody Cahuzac!

In my epic FM14 save with Faroese minnows Undrið I haven't lost a league game since season 2020. Last season I completed was the 2049 one...

With 27 games per season, it's more than 800 league games without defeat.

Lost a domestic cup final in 2045 though (and the odd CL game here and there).

Edited by RBKalle

11 hours ago, RBKalle said:

In my epic FM14 save with Faroese minnows Undrið I haven't lost a league game since season 2020. Last season I completed was the 2049 one...

With 27 games per season, it's more than 800 league games without defeat.

Lost a domestic cup final in 2045 though (and the odd CL game here and there).

Same here, with a Maltese club (Floriana).