Miles Jacobson announces new feature for FM19 to become active on Friday

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beta comes out, feedback thread full of people demanding the German Third Division sayings it's a disgrace it's been taken out.

SI involved in a huge, costly, legal battle to get the Third Division available but unlicensed.

Full game comes out with German Third Division in it. Thread full of people complaining they've worked so hard to get it in.

They can't win, can they.

I wouldn't be stunned at all if the Stadium Editor is in the works, I doubt it's something they can hand over to the public without major testing though, so it'll take more than a year for them to develop it then release it. Some features have taken five years to go from request to reality. 

Maybe best to just forget about how unrealistic the stadium looks when you're managing Man City as a 27yo with no managerial experience..

Excellent news that the German national team is now in the game. Job well done SI. In my opinion it is important for the image of the game and might make future licensing with other parties easier. 

Normally everyone wants to be on board when the big players,  such as the Bundesliga,  are sitting at the table as well.

Oké less thing to sort (it) out :cool::applause:

22 minutes ago, Boomer Ang said:

Better that SI fixed show stoppers bugs like the injuries bug and the jadedness one ( still have to check myself ) rather than purely cosmetic ones, no ?

Why not both? They are a major studio. 

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Beta comes out, feedback thread full of people demanding the German Third Division sayings it's a disgrace it's been taken out.

SI involved in a huge, costly, legal battle to get the Third Division available but unlicensed.

Full game comes out with German Third Division in it. Thread full of people complaining they've worked so hard to get it in.

They can't win, can they.

I wouldn't be stunned at all if the Stadium Editor is in the works, I doubt it's something they can hand over to the public without major testing though, so it'll take more than a year for them to develop it then release it. Some features have taken five years to go from request to reality. 

Maybe best to just forget about how unrealistic the stadium looks when you're managing Man City as a 27yo with no managerial experience..

It’s a game mate. They produce near enough the same product every year, they should be called out on it. Bringing “back” a league that was in the game just last year and treating it as something special is not worthy of praise. 

3 minutes ago, akm.91 said:

It’s a game mate. They produce near enough the same product every year, they should be called out on it. Bringing “back” a league that was in the game just last year and treating it as something special is not worthy of praise. 

Are you expecting them to wildly change the game, year after year? 

Fifa is the exact same, it's hit a point where there's no real huge viable change available. 

I think the new feature was more to do with the German National Team and female manager.

29 minutes ago, Boomer Ang said:

Better that SI fixed show stoppers bugs like the injuries bug and the jadedness one ( still have to check myself ) rather than purely cosmetic ones, no ?

If SI did not get this sorted then chances are they’d have to pull the product in Germany with a the financial & reputational costs that entails.

Granted this is not a pure feature & probably should have not been sold as such by Miles but it is a key development that is worthy of a mention.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Are you expecting them to wildly change the game, year after year? 

Fifa is the exact same, it's hit a point where there's no real huge viable change available. 

I think the new feature was more to do with the German National Team and female manager.

Just saying the headline features were massively underwhelming. If you can’t innovate and change the game as a whole year on year (which is hard to do, I agree), then the one thing you can improve on without doubt is the match and graphics engines. Sorry, but there’s just no excuses. 

Just now, forameuss said:

So this mystery feature was just the German lower leagues?  So people got themselves massively worked up expecting the World?  And now getting themselves all in a tizzy about it?

Colour me surprised.

No one was expecting the world mate. Just a feature - and we didn’t get that. 

2 minutes ago, akm.91 said:

No one was expecting the world mate. Just a feature - and we didn’t get that. 

People were suggesting things that were never, ever going to happen.  It was clear it was never going to be something ground-breaking, but people hyped it anyway.

But what they did is of use to a lot of people, given the complaints when it was initially removed.  Just because you've gone in a wee huff about it doesn't make it any less valid.

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

People were suggesting things that were never, ever going to happen.  It was clear it was never going to be something ground-breaking, but people hyped it anyway.

But what they did is of use to a lot of people, given the complaints when it was initially removed.  Just because you've gone in a wee huff about it doesn't make it any less valid.

Lol 

I don't know why people would complain about more leagues, I bet the same people who are complaining are the type of people who just manage Man City / Real Madrid / Bayern. More leagues is fantastic for anyone who likes doing journeyman career saves.

As for the German national team being in the game now, I'm delighted! It's probably the one thing which has frustrated me the most in recent years.

Thank you Miles & SI team. :applause: FM19 is outstanding! The haters will always be the most vocal sadly so I wanted to make sure I post my thanks.

14 minutes ago, akm.91 said:

Just saying the headline features were massively underwhelming. If you can’t innovate and change the game as a whole year on year (which is hard to do, I agree), then the one thing you can improve on without doubt is the match and graphics engines. Sorry, but there’s just no excuses. 

How long has it taken PES to use the FOX engine to an acceptable level? Five/six years?

Whilst I think the overall marketing for this year's game was generally good (e.g. SI's alpha livestreams and YouTuber videos) - The teaser tweet about the mystery feature(s) whipped the forum into a mini frenzy, which could only result in disappointment. SI would have come out of this smelling of roses if they simply dropped the additional German licences in as an Easter egg for the community to find. Under-promising + over-delivering has always been a PR meta-strategy.

It wouldn't be a real FM launch without at least a small SI mis-step into the dog turd. Not that is matters in the grand scheme because this year's game is superb overall. 

5 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Whilst I think the overall marketing for this year's game was generally good (e.g. SI's alpha livestreams and YouTuber videos) - The teaser tweet about the mystery feature(s) whipped the forum into a mini frenzy, which could only result in disappointment. SI would have come out of this smelling of roses if they simply dropped the additional German licences in as an Easter egg for the community to find. Under-promising + over-delivering has always been a PR meta-strategy.

It wouldn't be a real FM launch without at least a small SI mis-step into the dog turd. Not that is matters in the grand scheme because this year's game is superb overall. 

While I see where you're coming from, I don't think it's necessarily SI's fault.  I wasn't really keeping up with what they were saying about it, at least outside this thread, but as soon as they said something about it needing lawyers, it was pretty clear what it was going to be.  That screamed a licensing change.  Given Germany had been one of the main changes in that area, and that they already had to drop parts of the leagues unexpectedly, all signs pointed to it being that.  People mentioned Japan, but as far as I'm aware Konami have a strange-hold on that one.  England?  Come on, there's no way EA are letting their micro-transaction funded grubby mitts off that one.  Some common sense needed.

Hype is never a bad thing, of course, just don't really think SI can be blamed when people take it down fantasy routes and then get mad at others for doing so.

EDIT: And one last thing to add, it always pays just to pitch expectations low, particularly with FM.  Not to be overly negative, just accept it's going to be what it's going to be.  Hyping things up to the nth degree never works and will likely always lead to disappointment.

1 hour ago, akm.91 said:

Really? Huge changes to tactics and training - something people have been after for years. I'm really not sure what you expected short of FIFA style graphics :D 

14 minutes ago, Carninho said:

any ideas what the ester eggs are that he mentioned in the tweet along with the 'feature'?

I heard everyone who buys a copy is getting a Percy Pig Easter Egg next Easter.  Quite frankly if we don't get that, I'm going to throw a massive strop at the underwhelming-ness of it all.

3 minutes ago, forameuss said:

I heard everyone who buys a copy is getting a Percy Pig Easter Egg next Easter.  Quite frankly if we don't get that, I'm going to throw a massive strop at the underwhelming-ness of it all.

is Cherno Samba hand delivering them to us all :)

57 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Really? Huge changes to tactics and training - something people have been after for years. I'm really not sure what you expected short of FIFA style graphics :D 

Changes yes but not new features are they.  Think they would be better just getting the ME and Graphics right . Yes they have improved and the game is looking great after 2 poor years but customers are not stupid and we are not sheep . They have got hundreds of new features but of course they will only sporadically release them over the years otherwise who would buy the game .  Everyone who uses FMT has been asking for a pre editor . You get the usual answer that its to hard or would take ages to build one which is just rubbish as the current editor has FMT game options already built in it fully on show . Anyways its shaping up to be one of the better releases

4 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Changes yes but not new features are they.  Think they would be better just getting the ME and Graphics right . Yes they have improved and the game is looking great after 2 poor years but customers are not stupid and we are not sheep . They have got hundreds of new features but of course they will only sporadically release them over the years otherwise who would buy the game .  Everyone who uses FMT has been asking for a pre editor . You get the usual answer that its to hard or would take ages to build one which is just rubbish as the current editor has FMT game options already built in it fully on show . Anyways its shaping up to be one of the better releases

The new training IS a feature, not sure how anyone can argue that. You say there excuses are rubbish but they only have a limited number of people and limited number of hours to work on things so other things will be dealt with first. 

8 minutes ago, Kanwulf said:

I thought they didn't own the license anymore?

Looking at it, it's a bit unclear.  There's a wiki article on games holding the licence for the J-League, and PES doesn't appear on it, at least for PS4.  FIFA does though.  I'd imagine it's a murky subject with several licenses, but doesn't look like it's up for grabs.

Even if it was though, I can't imagine it's a trivial add financially.

The J-League would be good (if you've ever played in Asia, not having them there would be akin to not having Italy or similar in Europe....the Japanese clubs in the ACL are really just placeholders) but considering they're not even allowed in the game at all its obvious there is a very restrictive licencing situation in play.  I mean Brazil is a bit all over the shop but at least its relatively easy to fix if you look elsewhere.

There's usually a pretty good edit file after a few weeks mind.

6 minutes ago, CaptainBanana said:

Problem is, even with a custom db, Jleague is almost unplayable because missing clubs tables.

Which suggests that the license is particularly aggressive.  How many things are in the game unlicensed, but you can easily edit them in to be "licensed"?  J-League is something altogether different, where there's significant hard-coding to stop it.  

Archived