Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3

Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You can now chose between the new 2D classic and the data analyst camera.

That’s really poor judgement from SI on this I think. Lots of people still used and loved that. No reason to get rid of it could just leave it was?

39 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

As said in the build notes - 

We're aware of issues with the retina display. Thanks for taking the time to raise it. 

Not just on the Retina machines. I tried on my MacBook Pro and iMac and both blurry as hell.

Only noticable thing so far from me is that the UI is extremely laggy on match days. Even at half time, when you want to make a sub for instance, the icon takes a brief second to change on mouse hover and when you drag a sub to a pitch player to swap it's a second or 2 behind the mouse pointer. I put laggy match play down to my laptop graphics card, so i've changed that to best suit my performance available but wouldn't have thought UI would have been laggy?

7 minutes ago, mdshep said:

That’s really poor judgement from SI on this I think. Lots of people still used and loved that. No reason to get rid of it could just leave it was?

2D classic is still their the one that has been replaced is the 2D mode that used the 3D graphics (stadium, pitch etc...)

1 minute ago, bestbrother said:

What have you done to commentary only?

Set to very fast/fastest and its like pulling teeth.

There is no way this is how slow it should be going :(

Either im missing something or ive wasted my money as it stands.

Mine started off slow, went into tactics and came out and it started fizzing along. I thought the same also

hmmm ....... for the Player Search in the Scout Screen, why not apply the search after you have selected all the criteria and pressed the ok button? It doesn't make much sense to filter the results as you select the criteria because you cant see the results anyway. Why have a needless performance impact?

3 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

What have you done to commentary only?

Set to very fast/fastest and its like pulling teeth.

There is no way this is how slow it should be going :(

Either im missing something or ive wasted my money as it stands.

It is beta, there is going to be problems. Report the bug in the bug forums so it can fixed by the full release. 

Just now, Poize said:

Mine started off slow, went into tactics and came out and it started fizzing along. I thought the same also

If I go into tactics the game starts playing a 2D match which makes it slower. The text itself isnt so bad, its the clock, its going up by the second ... im sure it used to skip minutes, its as if the game is constantly having an action to report on.

20 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There will be a massive backlash if they've done away with 2D classic. Loads users still preferred that. 

They should try the data analyst camera view, which is a 3-D version of it.

If I go into tactics the game starts playing a 2D match which makes it slower. The text itself isnt so bad, its the clock, its going up by the second ... im sure it used to skip minutes, its as if the game is constantly having an action to report on.

Seems okay in the next match for me. Done 2 minutes in under 10 seconds, easily.

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

It is beta, there is going to be problems. Report the bug in the bug forums so it can fixed by the full release. 

Is it a bug though? Maybe this is how things are now? 

The view is also annoying me as even though ive disabled 3D grapchis, ive got the stinking stadium rotating around in the background. Flick to a new tab ie tactics and  the 3D match appears in the background (or 2D if i change view).

I must be missing something, everything just seems out of place right now.

Is it a bug though? Maybe this is how things are now? 

The view is also annoying me as even though ive disabled 3D grapchis, ive got the stinking stadium rotating around in the background. Flick to a new tab ie tactics and  the 3D match appears in the background (or 2D if i change view).

I must be missing something, everything just seems out of place right now.

If it is not a bug and you report I guess they will tell you it is not a bug but it does seem wrong that commentary only would go so slow. I have not got to the stage of testing it yet.

The main scouting centre screen is getting on my nerves. That big white panel with the player detail on it is garish enough, but when you choose an option (such as 'add to shortlist', the player card disappears and you can't get it back. I wanted to see what the other options did. It's probably just going to take a bit to get used to until I understand it fully, but it's quite annoying just now. 

Oh, and the decision to remove basic details of a requested scout report from your inbox is an horrific one. There should at least be an email with a link taking you to the scouting centre. It now means you constantly have to check it to find out if the report is there. 

@Goddaça: You actually had me laughing out loud from that mini review and making my missus believe I finally lost my last marbles. You actually conjured an image into my head of Glen Murray in his mom's basement yelling at a computer screen holding a bodypillow. So thanks for that, I guess.

Does anyone else have a problem with the time bar when you click to advance the game?

When I do it there are initially no dates and then they suddenly rush in from the right side? Very odd.

Edit: Ah I see it in the build notes " Processing panel can occassionally appear blank "

Edited by mbabbs

Just now, Miguelispro said:

No "Elevated" Camara in game... This was by far the best cam.

Also no 48 months to buy a player...

You can zoom in and out every camera now and also adjust the hight.

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Oh, and the decision to remove basic details of a requested scout report from your inbox is an horrific one. There should at least be an email with a link taking you to the scouting centre. It now means you constantly have to check it to find out if the report is there. 

And to add to this, if I have multiple reports, I can only see one at a time, and there's no way to see others without closing that white scouting screen. There should be a way of moving between these little scouting 'cards'

Just now, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Is it just me or has the 2D been removed this version leaving only the 2D Classic? Cant for the life of me see where the option for 2D is? Will be extremely disappointed if so :( 2D was excellent on FM17.

2D classic and data analyst camera.

1 minute ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Why on earth did the 2D standard get removed for? That was tremendous in FM17. 

Someone earlier in the thread said this year the 2D classic view is the standard 2D from previous years and the old 2D classic has been abolished. I've not reached a match day yet, so not sure. 

Anyone having difficult loading tactics from FM17?

I am able to load tactics that end in .tac extension but not .fmf  -- I believe the .tac was the older format, and at some point during the FM17 cycle they were changed to fmf - so I'm weirdly able to load older tactics but not newer ones.

Any thoughts?

• SI Staff
8 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There is an option to set the frequency of your scouting meetings, you can set this per amount of entries (anywhere between 10-100 )or by period of time (daily to monthly). The scouting meeting will be generated into the users inbox, from here there is a link to your Scouting Centre or to your Scouted players list where you can review all scouted players and have the same actions available as you would do on the Scouting Centre.