Jump to content

Football Manager Early Access Beta *Official* Feedback Thread - 18.0.3


Message added by Neil Brock

If you have constructive feedback please post it in this thread.

If you have something you think is wrong or a bug, please raise it in the relevant section of the bugs forum

https://community.sigames.com/forum/563-football-manager-2018-early-access-beta-bugs-forum/

This will be the surest way anything that you notice or that bothers you can be addressed. Thanks.

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Pompey1978 said:

Ok obviously I don't work for SI but from what Miles said earlier about being able to edit your manager appearance at any point during the game, I'd hazard a guess that you WILL be able to.

I hope you're right mate. They mentioned being able to change clothes... I have faith they'll put it in

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strikers in lower leagues are still underperforming compared to defenders, once again defenders dominate the top of the ratings charts. I simulated a season and attached some pics demonstrating the balance issue.

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG

Edited by Weller1980
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Weller1980 said:

Strikers in lower leagues are still underperforming compared to defenders, once again defenders dominate the top of the ratings charts. I simulated a season and attached are some pics demonstrating the balance issue.

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG

As someone whose download is only at 85%, all I can say is screw you and your simulated season :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OLLMEISTER1 said:

Playing on Mac book Pro and the txt is very pixelated and blurry. Why can i only choose the option (1280 x 800) for the resolution? Last years version was fine. Looks horrific and very blurry. Tried this on 85% 95% and 100% and all the same for zoom out text. 

 

Please offer a solution, unplayable for me on this setting.

 

9 minutes ago, LCpl said:

Blurry as heck on 2560 × 1440  as well as True 4K 4096 × 2160? Neither are Apple incidentally, I'm with the 90% market share that is windows.

Having a look on one of my laptops next - 1080p - see what that looks like.

Seem to recall FM17 looking a bit naff at 2560 × 1440

As said in the build notes - 

 

We're aware of issues with the retina display. Thanks for taking the time to raise it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XaW said:

Ahh, barely scrapped a 1-1 draw with my U23s. Lovely! ;)

I've not even pressed continue on the first day yet, and it's been on about an hour and a half lol. Too busy checking out all the new stuff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I've not even pressed continue on the first day yet, and it's been on about an hour and a half lol. Too busy checking out all the new stuff. 

I just had to see how the match day worked! Now I'm exploring! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts so far

1: Really like the new Scouting setup although selecting the positions requires patience.

2: Time progression bar when you continue seems a bit jittery to me.

3: From an initial look, Dynamics could be really good.

4: Match Plans ! That looks very interesting. Perhaps the AI utilizes these? Could make it a more difficult opponent

5: Medical centre is well presented.

6: Training seems to be exactly the same this year.

 

Edited by mbabbs
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it has been reported, but when using the generate a face from a photo and then adjusting my avatar's weight, everything goes a bit funky. No matter what I do it gets more and more distorted. Also, the hands look pretty terrible but only a minor thing as obviously not the focus of the game. See attached.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by CSF90
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KingKonga said:

Is there any way to look at the squad of a team, before choosing anything in career mode? I'm playing FM since 10 years and I can't find anything in FM 18.

Select "choose later" rather than starting as a manager of a specific club in the initial setup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I asked my scouts to scout a bunch of players and wasn't getting any inbox items saying the scout reports were done. I then went to my scouting center and found all the reports for the players I scouted. Is there a way to get an inbox item when a new scout report is ready, like in FM17?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KingKonga said:

Is there any way to look at the squad of a team, before choosing anything in career mode? I'm playing FM since 10 years and I can't find anything in FM 18.

Should be the same as FM17 - On starting a new game, click the 'pick team later' option on the team popup (should be the left most option), then when the database has been setup and you have done your profile you should be on the team select page where you can view the team details and if you click on the team name in the header area it will take you to the game screens so you can view most of the game screens before deciding who to manage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Should be the same as FM17 - On starting a new game, click the 'pick team later' option on the team popup (should be the left most option), then when the database has been setup and you have done your profile you should be on the team select page where you can view the team details and if you click on the team name in the header area it will take you to the game screens so you can view most of the game screens before deciding who to manage.

 

2 minutes ago, Seb Wassell said:

Select "choose later" rather than starting as a manager of a specific club in the initial setup.

Thank you, didn't notice this option.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if a bug or something I can change manuallu but on my United game, all my medical reports  when I request one on a player through the tabs are coming from a member of the U18 physio?  Don't seem to be able to change it.  Hardly game breaking but does ruin the immersion a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, frank_olaf said:

I asked my scouts to scout a bunch of players and wasn't getting any inbox items saying the scout reports were done. I then went to my scouting center and found all the reports for the players I scouted. Is there a way to get an inbox item when a new scout report is ready, like in FM17?

The reports drop into the Scouting Centre page in FM18, however from that screen there is a preference option which allows you to set when you'll get a notification in your inbox - you can set it by number of reports or by days, not sure if setting it to one day will only generate an inbox item when you have a report if it will constantly nag you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The reports drop into the Scouting Centre page in FM18, however from that screen there is a preference option which allows you to set when you'll get a notification in your inbox - you can set it by number of reports or by days, not sure if setting it to one day will only generate an inbox item when you have a report if it will constantly nag you.

Thanks Michael.

 

So, as far as you are aware, there is no way to get individual inbox items for each player scouted? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, war3z said:

How can I get splittscreen like inn fm 17?

When I play I can see the match in 2d on right side and matchstats on left side?

Split screen has gone but you can now dock the match widgets that will replicate some of it - turn on the matchstats widget and drag it into the left side where it should give you a highlight to dock it then pin it so the pitch stops at the widget, you can then increase the size of the dock if you wish.

The quick tactics bar is also movable so you can move that if it's in the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good so far!

One thing though, is it normal for the match sounds to abruptly turn off between highlights? The default sound loop resets everytime too, so if it goes straight to another highlight.. it sounds so odd.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What has happened to the standard 2D classic!? The view called 2D classic is the one which was called 2D before which I don't like at all. When miles said no-one would play 2D any more he can't have meant because they got rid of the old school view. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Split screen has gone but you can now dock the match widgets that will replicate some of it - turn on the matchstats widget and drag it into the left side where it should give you a highlight to dock it then pin it so the pitch stops at the widget, you can then increase the size of the dock if you wish.

The quick tactics bar is also movable so you can move that if it's in the way.

Ok thx

Some time to get use to :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barkermush said:

Looking good so far!

One thing though, is it normal for the match sounds to abruptly turn off between highlights? The default sound loop resets everytime too, so if it goes straight to another highlight.. it sounds so odd.

This is an issue we are aware of internally, cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheInvisibleMan said:

Can't seem to swipe between desktops like I used to be able to on a MacBook. Used to be able to use 3 fingers on the trackpad to swipe onto FM in full screen and then back to my normal desktop again.

Any way around this?

I swiped up to bring all the windows up and created a new desktop. Dragged FM there are now it functions like before. I worry will have to do this every time we open FM though

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mdshep said:

What has happened to the standard 2D classic!? The view called 2D classic is the one which was called 2D before which I don't like at all. When miles said no-one would play 2D any more he can't have meant because they got rid of the old school view. 

I hope this isn't the case!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mdshep said:

What has happened to the standard 2D classic!? The view called 2D classic is the one which was called 2D before which I don't like at all. When miles said no-one would play 2D any more he can't have meant because they got rid of the old school view. 

You can now chose between the new 2D classic and the data analyst camera.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You can adjust the height and zoom of the cameras a lot more this year, so you might need to play with them to get it how you want.

but it doesn't track the play. I can't see my person taking the corner!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mdshep said:

What has happened to the standard 2D classic!? The view called 2D classic is the one which was called 2D before which I don't like at all. When miles said no-one would play 2D any more he can't have meant because they got rid of the old school view. 

There will be a massive backlash if they've done away with 2D classic. Loads users still preferred that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

Will the database be updated if there is an error like a player not having the correct positions set before the official release?

Any such issues should be reported here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/576-database-and-research/ - for review please.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

You can now chose between the new 2D classic and the data analyst camera.

That’s really poor judgement from SI on this I think. Lots of people still used and loved that. No reason to get rid of it could just leave it was?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...