Football Manager 2017 17.3.0 Official Feedback Thread

• Administrators

We've just released the January Transfer Update version 17.3.0. Please keep all your feedback for the Football Manager 2017 within this thread.  As always all we ask if for everyone to keep their feedback constructive. Also if you come across any issues you think may be bugs, please take the time to raise them in our FM17 Bugs Forum.

If you have any problems launching the game after install, please visit the technical section of our Football Manager 2017 FAQ

And if you want to view the latest changelist that can be viewed via the Update Announcement Thread

Thanks. 

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

- Fixed issue in some Brexit scenarios where UK based players nearing the end of their contracts could not be signed on pre-contracts

Any idea of whether this fix in particular will work instantly with ongoing saves, or locked into whatever was generated at the time of Brexit? I've got this issue in my Dafuge Challenge career save.

Thanks.

• SI Staff
Just now, noikeee said:

Any idea of whether this fix in particular will work instantly with ongoing saves, or locked into whatever was generated at the time of Brexit? I've got this issue in my Dafuge Challenge career save.

Thanks.

Should be save game compatible. 

10 minutes ago, dalmashimself said:

Hello! Not at a computer right now but can someone confirm if the latest patch (17.3) fix the schedule-issue where you play for example: Home, Home, Home, Away, Away, Away in most leagues? 

Thanks in advance! 

I've not seen this in League 2 (1 season) or League 1 (2 seasons)

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, dalmashimself said:

Hello! Not at a computer right now but can someone confirm if the latest patch (17.3) fix the schedule-issue where you play for example: Home, Home, Home, Away, Away, Away in most leagues? 

Thanks in advance! 

What leagues were you encountering this in? 

• Administrators
Just now, dshaw said:

is this patch for the touch version too?

Not yet. We are hoping soon, it has to go through submission and approval process on Tablet. 

2 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Not yet. We are hoping soon, it has to go through submission and approval process on Tablet. 

ok thanks any idea how long it will be?

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, dshaw said:

ok thanks any idea how long it will be?

Not exactly I'm afraid. Hopefully for the weekend but I couldn't promise you an exact time, we won't know until it's approved. 

28 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

What leagues were you encountering this in? 

All leagues except the Italian leagues. Reported this as a bug way back in November and no fix for the Christmas update. Reported it again after that update with hope (17.3) would fix it. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, dalmashimself said:

All leagues except the Italian leagues. Reported this as a bug way back in November and no fix for the Christmas update. Reported it again after that update with hope (17.3) would fix it. 

You're trying with a new game right? As the fix that did go in was only for new games? 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

You're trying with a new game right? As the fix that did go in was only for new games? 

Yes apparently this is a known issue as stated by one of the mods in the English league bugs forum. However it still doesn't seem to have been fixed

• Administrators
Just now, Dan9Maguire said:

Whoever does the research for the Conference teams are lazy. Injuries not done, very little upgrades to players that very much need them... poor.

If you have any feedback please raise it in the data forums here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/324-database-and-research-issues/

First post asked people to be constructive. To be clear , calling people "lazy" is not constructive. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

If you have any feedback please raise it in the data forums here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/324-database-and-research-issues/

First post asked people to be constructive. To be clear , calling people "lazy" is not constructive. Thanks. 

It's a word I would use though - I have clearly said what I have to say. The injuries for most of the clubs haven't been done - for example at Barrow their goalkeeper Joel Dixon is out for the season yet this isn't on the game and this injury was before Christmas. Some of the players are highly underrated stats wise, I will use Barrow as an example again through Richard Bennett who has scored 10 goals this season yet is rated at best a lower North/South player. It's a poor reflection in my eyes.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, xtradj said:

Yes apparently this is a known issue as stated by one of the mods in the English league bugs forum. However it still doesn't seem to have been fixed

Yeah I've found out about this. Unfortunately due to the nature of the scheduling code we were unable to make the major changes necessary to fix this given the large number of potential knock-ons which could arise from doing so. Instead a number of minor changes have been made to hopefully improve the area whilst anything else would need to be a newly integrated feature in a future version. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to raise this and hope you understand why this decision was made. Thanks. 

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, Dan9Maguire said:

It's a word I would use though - I have clearly said what I have to say. The injuries for most of the clubs haven't been done - for example at Barrow their goalkeeper Joel Dixon is out for the season yet this isn't on the game and this injury was before Christmas. Some of the players are highly underrated stats wise, I will use Barrow as an example again through Richard Bennett who has scored 10 goals this season yet is rated at best a lower North/South player. It's a poor reflection in my eyes.

Injuries are only included if they occurred before September 1st 2016.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, marris09 said:

The updated player stats is that mainly for players in the top leagues or are there changes to players in lower leagues aswell ?

If the researcher for that specific team/nation felt a change was necessary it would have been made. As said above if you think something has been overlooked, feel free to raise it with examples in our data forums. Thanks.

For those who will get a steam error when the game will try to download or install the update, you need to clear steam cache.

Solution:

On the top left click 'Steam' --->Settings ---> downloads ---> clear download cache ---> press ok and then you should be good to go.

Hi neil any more detailed info on what specifically has been updated in pre/in game editors 

I have started a thread in editors forum so if there any links/more info could any post be there as the editors can see it

Will get lost in this thread

Cheers 

13 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

New games yes. This is a known issue. The answer i got and some others was: We investigate this internally. I am a hard core FM-player with thousands of hours since -96 but this version is played 5 hours. Issues like this can exist but must be fixed. Last time I pre-order the game even if I love the franchise and the work SI does. 

• Administrators
Just now, dalmashimself said:

New games yes. This is a known issue. The answer i got and some others was: We investigate this internally. I am a hard core FM-player with thousands of hours since -96 but this version is played 5 hours. Issues like this can exist but must be fixed. Last time I pre-order the game even if I love the franchise and the work SI does. 

I replied above to a user about this:

Unfortunately due to the nature of the scheduling code we were unable to make the major changes necessary to fix this given the large number of potential knock-ons which could arise from doing so. Instead a number of minor changes have been made to hopefully improve the area whilst anything else would need to be a newly integrated feature in a future version. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to raise this and hope you understand why this decision was made. Thanks. 

Can someone clarify if its just a transfer update or if certain players got up-/downgrades in skillevel aswell ?

Bonus points if someone would be kind enough to check if Jonatan Soriano is still at RB Salzburg (left on the 27th February to China). Thank you very much !

5 minutes ago, kingrobbo said:

Hi neil any more detailed info on what specifically has been updated in pre/in game editors 

I have started a thread in editors forum so if there any links/more info could any post be there as the editors can see it

Will get lost in this thread

Cheers 

We've fixed as many of the files we've been passed from Users, especially those which have crashes, as possible. This is outlined in the change notes.

12 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

If the researcher for that specific team/nation felt a change was necessary it would have been made. As said above if you think something has been overlooked, feel free to raise it with examples in our data forums. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Alerion said:

Can someone clarify if its just a transfer update or if certain players got up-/downgrades in skillevel aswell ?

As neil mentioned and as is usually with database updates, it will be whatever tweaks are deemed necessary by the researchers. That includes skills, potential, personality, etc.

Just now, Bigpapa42 said:

As neil mentioned and as is usually with database updates, it will be whatever tweaks are deemed necessary by the researchers. That includes skills, potential, personality, etc.

Thank you. Is there a chance to maybe get a list for the player changes for some clubs/nations ?

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, kennedfn said:

Why is it that I can't add my own manager picture after latest patch?

Are you trying to do this from a graphics file? You may need to check the config xml and untick use caching and reload the skin for it to appear.

Just now, Alerion said:

Thank you. Is there a chance to maybe get a list for the player changes for some clubs/nations ?

You could request that in the Players forum, but there are honestly probably too many changes to list. Generally, the winter data update will have quite a few tweaks and adjustments from the starting database because there is over half a season for new prospects to emerge, etc.

2 minutes ago, Max Clayton-Robb said:

We've fixed as many of the files we've been passed from Users, especially those which have crashes, as possible. This is outlined in the change notes.

The change note is vague how do i/we know what was reported

And no extra features added?

10 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

I replied above to a user about this:

Unfortunately due to the nature of the scheduling code we were unable to make the major changes necessary to fix this given the large number of potential knock-ons which could arise from doing so. Instead a number of minor changes have been made to hopefully improve the area whilst anything else would need to be a newly integrated feature in a future version. We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to raise this and hope you understand why this decision was made. Thanks. 

Thanks! Understand 100 % when you explain why this is an issue that can't be fixed. This is the first time I've heard an explanation. Will try a new save and see if my perfectionist approach/mind can handle it. 

Many thanks Neil!

This is not from 17.3 but I'd really appreciate an answer, I posted this in the other feedback thread:

I just completed my UEFA Pro licence, and all my managerial attributes increased except for defending, which went down by 1 point? Why is this? I pride my teams on being solid at the back, indeed this year we have by far the best defence record in the league despite having the second lowest wage budget.

Is it because my manager was not assuming defensive training responsibilities? I cannot figure it out.

4 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Are you trying to do this from a graphics file? You may need to check the config xml and untick use caching and reload the skin for it to appear.

The option is disappeared in the settings