Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
gillsminnow

Croatia vs Spain I think bruv. Czech them Turks out too.

Recommended Posts

I've never been superstitious, but I'm starting to think that people from our FA have sold their souls to the devil.

No other explanation for this kind of performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have a link to the goal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes us not winning the group even worse now. Even more so if Sweden beat Belgium and finish 2 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So Italy if they want to reach the final they possibly face Spain, Germany & France? What a farce :D

The Group E Effect is real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great win for Croatia :cool:

Spain's first defeat at a EURO since 2004 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap what a finish to the game. Spain rested on their laurels, great win for Croatia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH Really wouldn't be surprised to see Croatia make the final now with all the big teams in the other half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Great win for Croatia :cool:

Spain's first defeat at a EURO since 2004 :D

That is quite a fact!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

makes Englands route to the final harder, but im still happy for Croatia, like them a lot, some superb players and a real good team spirit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And that's how to make changes in your side and still perform to get a result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Italy can beat them, Spain look vulnerable to counter attacking.

wouldn't have minded England facing spain either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Croatia done well to come back from what looked like a potential hammering at the start.

Spain subbing players off with one eye on the knockouts and allowing a centre back to take a penalty she you have that much talent on the field wasn't very clever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still can't believe we won vs strongest Spanish lineups with the likes of Jedvaj, Rog and Pjaca in our lineup.

Suddenly complete chaos in the knockout phase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

England's side of the bracket in the knockouts now has France, Spain and Germany, that draw with Slovakia may have been costly.

Italy will be on that side too (playing Spain!) if they get a point against the Irish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
does that mean NI get France now?

Nope, on paper 17% chance they face Wales, 83% they get France.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said Croatia were gonna have a good tournament...I bloody well said they would...I do love a bit of Croatia though, all goes back to my love for Modric when he was at Spurs. Good, good side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I still can't believe we won vs strongest Spanish lineups with the likes of Jedvaj, Rog and Pjaca in our lineup.

Suddenly complete chaos in the knockout phase.

Jedvaj would be among my call-ups but those two? No way. I had a wonderful moment looking at Pjaca's face when penalty wasn't given. No Maminho's influence here :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
makes Englands route to the final harder, but im still happy for Croatia, like them a lot, some superb players and a real good team spirit

Doesn't really make any difference to England.

If we make it to the semis we were probably always going to face Germany or Italy. The only difference is that the semi could be Germany, Italy or Spain now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I said Croatia were gonna have a good tournament...I bloody well said they would...I do love a bit of Croatia though, all goes back to my love for Modric when he was at Spurs. Good, good side.

God you are young arent you? I love Croatia from 98 onwards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor from Spain that, 1-0 and topping the group to losing the game and going into the tougher half of the draw.

Ramos taking that penalty was arrogance personified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
God you are young arent you? I love Croatia from 98 onwards!
Haha...yeah, that too...but then Suker joined Arsenal and that dented that side a bit for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely forgot Suker player for Arsenal.

It was the year we got relegated from the Premier League, so that might have something to do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is where the Group E imbalance really hurts for Italy - assuming they at least draw with Ireland, they will have to play Spain because they have one of the groups where the group winner plays a group runner-up and not a third-placed team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jedvaj would be among my call-ups but those two? No way. I had a wonderful moment looking at Pjaca's face when penalty wasn't given. No Maminho's influence here :D

Similar to Juve defender giving away two pens against Romania, haha.

We'll face 3rd place from B/E/F, then possibly the winner of Poland/Switzerland in quarters.

This is where the Group E imbalance really hurts for Italy - assuming they at least draw with Ireland, they will have to play Spain because they are one of the groups where the group winner plays a group runner-up and not a third-placed team.

Even better for Italy. They won't be under any pressure and they play better vs teams that dominate. And Spain's goalscoring capabilities have been questionable over the past year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This is where the Group E imbalance really hurts for Italy - assuming they at least draw with Ireland, they will have to play Spain because they have one of the groups where the group winner plays a group runner-up and not a third-placed team.

Italy have won the group, even if we lose 12-0 to Ireland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Italy top their group with a game to spare and are rewarded with Spain. Ouch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doesn't really make any difference to England.

If we make it to the semis we were probably always going to face Germany or Italy. The only difference is that the semi could be Germany, Italy or Spain now.

What?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
people are rating Italy? really? :lol:

Never dismiss Italia. It's like they are always waiting for you to do so.

Remember 2006. That side almost lost to Australia in the first round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, a big shoutout for FM researches and Perišić's attributes in this version. <.<

It's not like people haven't complained over the past year or so.

He's been the best Croatian player in NT ever since 2014.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What?...

Pretty sure he means Germany and Italy were in our half of the draw, and Spain were in the other half if they won today. But they didn't. So now they're in ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pretty sure he means Germany and Italy were in our half of the draw, and Spain were in the other half if they won today. But they didn't. So now they're in ours.

It's a good thing, just means we won't have Germany or Spain when we get to the final :onmehead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×